Thread: White Sweater????

Post Thanks / Like

White Sweater????

I have heard that there are solid white sweaters Is this so?? Not wanting any just curious.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: White Sweater????

Yes they are I've seen a few in my days there's 1 on my cousins farm right now.

steel city

Quote Originally Posted by MAD MAX View Post
    I have heard that there are solid white sweaters Is this so?? Not wanting any just curious.
    Brian Cochran had the best ines I had ever seen back in the Sunset days. He won way way more then he lost with them in long knife

Post Thanks / Like

To my knowledge there are no white sweaters per say. However, there are quite a few people who made crosses with the whites and their white blood and made what brian referred to as "swhites." Brian's were tough and we have some of our own here at Santa rosa gamefarm.

5. Likes TopNotchfarms liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Funny you said that. I just seen a guy selling one in Florida. https://jacksonville.craigslist.org/grd/5990642493.html
    Not my birds but I hadn't seen one either.

steel city

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyD View Post
    To my knowledge there are no white sweaters per say. However, there are quite a few people who made crosses with the whites and their white blood and made what brian referred to as "swhites." Brian's were tough and we have some of our own here at Santa rosa gamefarm.
    u may b right bro me and him had several conversations about them and he always referred to them as sweaters all I know is them were some of the best white birds I've ever seen to the present time in the long knife Of course he always had what looked like a 6 inch blade on them I don't know how they could even pick there leg up with that long blade or wouldn't cut there selves with it but they dam sure would use it well. This was all back when legal I have no idea how well they r doing these days
    Last edited by steel city; March 14th, 2017 at 12:19 AM.

8. Likes HeavyD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by steel city View Post
    u may b right bro me and him had several conversations about them and he always referred to them as sweaters all I know is them were some of the best white birds I've ever seen to the present time in the long knife Of course he always had what looked like a 6 inch blade on them I don't know how they could even pick there leg up with that long blade or wouldn't cut there selves with it but they dam sure would use it well. This was all back when legal I have no idea how well they r doing these days
    I'm not saying he may not have had some but I know he used to cross his whites with his sweaters. His original whites were given to him when he was a kid. From Richard beard if I remeber correctly. We used to fight with Brian a lot at sunset back in the day. My old mentor grady malone was good friends with Brian and his old backer gus Hendrix. We always turned in together. At one time I had one of those Whites that he fought at sunset. He gave him to me after a long drag but he didn't make it. Was gonna cross him to ours. To my knowledge they were whites crossed to sweaters but that is definitely not 100% gospel.

steel city

I'm not saying he may not have had some but I know he used to cross his whites with his sweaters. His original whites were given to him when he was a kid. From Richard beard if I remeber correctly. We used to fight with Brian a lot at sunset back in the day. My old mentor grady malone was good friends with Brian and his old backer gus Hendrix. We always turned in together. At one time I had one of those Whites that he fought at sunset. He gave him to me after a long drag but he didn't make it. Was gonna cross him to ours. To my knowledge they were whites crossed to sweaters but that is definitely not 100% gospel.
    Do u remember the old man that use to b with him all the time ? Was that his grandfather? Good old man good as gold I've spoken with him a few times also. Both of them are good guys Brian and the old man

Post Thanks / Like

I remeber him, I can't recall his name. You are right , both really nice people. I miss those days.

Post Thanks / Like

I think Mr. Shirley might be who you're thinking of. And I won't swear it's the gospel but I think I've heard those whites were Kelsos originally n crossed with sweater.

Wayside Gamefarm UGBA, AGBA, and MSGBA Member
    Last edited by Nauvoo; March 14th, 2017 at 03:30 AM.

steel city

Quote Originally Posted by Nauvoo View Post
    I think Mr. Shirley might be who you're thinking of. And I won't swear it's the gospel but I think I've heard those whites were Kelsos originally n crossed with sweater.

I think u are correct Nauvoo I believe his name was Shirley For some reason I want to say he was Brian's grandfather I could b wrong though

Post Thanks / Like

Ya that's correct.

Post Thanks / Like

They are crossed

Sent from my LGMS345 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Everyone has there on opinion but my uncle raised 3 or 4 strait sweaters that were white the other 3 or 400 we're red my cousin just told me at that time Richard Kelly had raised a white sweater hen and he bought one of the white sweater cocks from to put over his hen call Richard and verify it my uncles name is Nathan Daniel.

17. Likes HeavyD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

white sweater cock on my cousins yard.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

19. Likes Nauvoo, HeavyD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Breeds comming white when there not supposed to is just there final nail in the coffin the first few generations will be ok but them they will be knife only chickens then shortly there after they will become a thing of The past. """"Junk"""" will be the final outcome just my opinion

Post Thanks / Like

Bet against every off colored chicken you see fight all year and you will make money not to say there are not good off colored chickens just saying there few and far between

22. Likes BamaOkie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hitmonkey 2 View Post
    Bet against every off colored chicken you see fight all year and you will make money not to say there are not good off colored chickens just saying there few and far between
    I wish everyone felt that way. I would make a lot more money lol

24. Likes TopNotchfarms liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

At big pits with big names I don't remember much off colored birds. Mostly red birds with a few brass back greys. Just saying.
    Definitely can't remember them winning a derby but I'm sure it happens once in a blue moon.
    Last edited by MONGOOSE; March 20th, 2017 at 10:00 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Honestly I agree. I am just fortunate enough to have gotten my hands on some off colored birds I really like. For the most part I have. Never been a fan either. I'm just saying if everyone bet against every off colored birds I might have gotten a few more bets lol

Post Thanks / Like

You have some of Mr Dels mugs too heavy?

Post Thanks / Like

I'm with D Santa Rosa game farm great whites put off colored fowl on another lvl proven to this day..... D is as real as they get I'd like to walk in his shoes for a day .....

29. Likes HeavyD, BamaOkie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I am also lucky Neuf t have a off colored family that I win a lot with and use in a lot of crosses but for some one new there thine would be better spent on a hatch are kelso are rh line instead of chasing the awesome off color family witch they are more than likely not going to find

Post Thanks / Like

There's only one way to tell for sure if it's a pure sweater. I have not tried this method but it seems logical. Go to a sweater breeders farm, look at one of his sweater, pick him up and feel him, then smell his butt. Go back to the chicken and do the same. Look at him, pick him up and feel him, then smell his butt. If they are an identical match then there you have it it's a pure sweater. Just teasing don't take it personally there's some guys out there still testing for pure sweaters. Lmao

32. Likes RLaurent14, Los Ivanes, HeavyD, BamaOkie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hitmonkey 2 View Post
    I am also lucky Neuf t have a off colored family that I win a lot with and use in a lot of crosses but for some one new there thine would be better spent on a hatch are kelso are rh line instead of chasing the awesome off color family witch they are more than likely not going to find
    Very very true! I totally agree

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lawgreyman14 View Post
    You have some of Mr Dels mugs too heavy?
    I have one pullet that came from his stuff. Haven't raised any yet.

Post Thanks / Like

Ramon Gutierrez "The Bad Boys" Gamefarm has solid sweaters do to inbreeding I believe he set them as a family

36. Likes spring creek liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Never been a sweater fan my self so i dnt really know much about them but i know a guy who has them as well around my area!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Los Ivanes View Post
    Ramon Gutierrez "The Bad Boys" Gamefarm has solid sweaters do to inbreeding I believe he set them as a family
    It's funny you say that because I seen his white sweaters but he told me he doesn't sell them!

Post Thanks / Like

The old man Joe Z Had some good white sweaters RIP