Thread: Broken beak

Post Thanks / Like

Broken beak

What, if anything, can be done for a broken beak? It'd be a shame to have to put down a good brood cock due to an accidental injury.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Broken beak

if you have any old fowl that has died or anthing in that nature cut their bill off and take a little stick of super glue and glue to the broken beek take fine sand paper and clean off both beaks before you apply the super glue qnd then shape the beak you have glued on and after that the beak will always grow and you will have to keep it trimed up for him/her. but no sence in killing anything with a broke beak thisa has always been every efective for me

3. Thanks Greyfreek thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If it's brood fowl, shouldn't be a problem unless it is affecting his eating...... battle fowl is a different story........

5. Thanks Greyfreek thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

take toe nail clippers trim it keep an eye on the soft part of the mouth dont cut to deep use sand paper to clean it get nail hardner and apply it to the bill also put a can in the pen to feed him use the hardner as well for split or broke off spurs as long as it is not broke off clean to the leg.hope this helps.

7. Thanks Greyfreek thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hunterfarm View Post
    if you have any old fowl that has died or anthing in that nature cut their bill off and take a little stick of super glue and glue to the broken beek take fine sand paper and clean off both beaks before you apply the super glue qnd then shape the beak you have glued on and after that the beak will always grow and you will have to keep it trimed up for him/her. but no sence in killing anything with a broke beak thisa has always been every efective for me
    Don't used super glue , there is a lot of products girls used to put her fake nails , that are going to work better, super glue is not good in a long term for the beak.

Post Thanks / Like

It will effect his eating habits you might wanna feed him in a feed cup from know on to see if hes eating

It will grow back but it take a long time see them use files sand paper type the ones u use on your feet n as it growing u hav to be straining out
    Last edited by bobby956; May 25th, 2015 at 08:37 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by irisheyes485 View Post
    take toe nail clippers trim it keep an eye on the soft part of the mouth dont cut to deep use sand paper to clean it get nail hardner and apply it to the bill also put a can in the pen to feed him use the hardner as well for split or broke off spurs as long as it is not broke off clean to the leg.hope this helps.
    my pap wrote this an he forgot to say finger nail hardner.best thing i know of for split spurs and craked or broken beaks

Post Thanks / Like

I am reposting this for someone is an ez fix

Post Thanks / Like

put the hardner on top beak cut the bottom kinda even to top or close feed soft feed in feed cup good luck bro

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by irisheyes485 View Post
    I thought this thread was worth a bump up.I agree the fingernail hardener works great. Especially if the beak is still attached a.You can put several coats of that hardener on it every few days and smooth it down with 1500 grit sandpaper in about a week.Then if needed recoat it.Best thing I ever used.That and hand feed something soft like a boiled egg for first few days. They also make a hoof hardener for horses that might be good but I never tried it.The fingernail hardener works like a charm and has a small brush to apply it with makes it perfect for chickens.Work good for cracked spurs as well.

Post Thanks / Like

super glue then wait a day then shape it were they can eat

15. Likes Crazy Eyes liked this post