Thread: Cream Legbar and Icelandic roosters

Post Thanks / Like

Cream Legbar and Icelandic roosters

I keep on seeing these roos at the internet and they ever look like gamefowls, the stance, the tails, the configuration. Are these game in anyway at all and if crossed with a hatch hen would it work??? Just curious, honest opinion pls. Tks.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Cream Legbar and Icelandic roosters

You better look again, There are many differences between a domestic type egg chicken and a gamefowl. Feathers, Hocks, legs, just to name a few. To breed a game cock to a dunghill hen is just foolishness.

Post Thanks / Like

Actually it's the other way around, a hatch hen to a Icelandic or a Cream Bar or even a Sumatra. Just curious. I've seen these in farmers' fields and they are very vicious and protective, don't know about steel game though LOL. Tks. anyway.

Post Thanks / Like

i think you would waste alot of time an money raising eating chickens.its hard enough to win with good game roosters,jmho

5. Thanks Perfect-Gull thanked for this post
    Likes Chickinbug, CA whitetoppy06 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe At some point way back in history they were used or perhaps still a secret ingredient in a cauldron in the woods but if you can get something already closer to your expectations you will have smoother sailing.. One clutch isnt to bad if they dont pan out thats maybe 16 dinners. The big question is steel game.. Get a cock strap on the heels and see for yourself why not. Enjoy a brew and have chicken dinner after .. What time are we eating?

7. Likes kywolf, rev-23 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Icelandics are what are known as "land race" chickens. In other words, the barnyard mutts of another country who have developed over years of survival of the fittest or most unique that the farmer took a liking to. Not a lick of game blood in them likely. Legbars are a breed developed for egg production.

9. Likes MONGOOSE, LJ15, CA whitetoppy06, kywolf liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys/gals. I had an experience with a white muff mixed with barnyard white and hatch, won 3 times because it flies so high and the opponent went with him up there. Got them twice coming down, but last 4th fight, he met with an evasive s.o.b. wounded the opponent but killed him throught evasive. tactics on the ground. LOL. Oh well, at least it wasn't looking for it's mama after it got hit multiple times., The hatch blood kicked in I guess.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tinalupan View Post
    Thanks guys/gals. I had an experience with a white muff mixed with barnyard white and hatch, won 3 times because it flies so high and the opponent went with him up there. Got them twice coming down, but last 4th fight, he met with an evasive s.o.b. wounded the opponent but killed him throught evasive. tactics on the ground. LOL. Oh well, at least it wasn't looking for it's mama after it got hit multiple times., The hatch blood kicked in I guess.
    Anything is possible but to bet on a NON GAME bird vs. one bred for that game for THOUSANDS of years is a foolish bet.
    And most likely a person who hasn't seen enough to know better.

Post Thanks / Like

Fiftyfive years ago dad bred a White tail blue with an Arroconda. Spelling is probably wrong but the blue and green egg chickens. One won twice before he run. The other died game his third fight. These. Were in the gaff.

Post Thanks / Like

You can breed a bloodlound to a pointer and get something good I suppose. You will still dilute the SPECIALTY of each.

14. Likes LaBlue liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder are the fowl running loose in the jungles game enough to handle steel ,or have we humans made the fowl MORE Game?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Redbeard1 View Post
    I wonder are the fowl running loose in the jungles game enough to handle steel ,or have we humans made the fowl MORE Game?
    Human intervention..........jungle fowl still have the flight drive.
    They were never game as we know it, it is thousands of years of selective breeding by humans that gave you steel game fowl.

17. Thanks Resendiz74 thanked for this post