Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 3 month old birds with cold symptoms after heavy rain

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 3 month old birds with cold symptoms after heavy rain

Quote Originally Posted by rodrigoelgu View Post
    update in my birds after injecting all of them with tylan 50 for 4 days the ones that was really sick stoped rattleing at day 3 there is a pullet that still sneezes every ones in a while ima give them last shot tomorrow and see from there will keep you updated.. they all look good nice and heavy so they are eating well.
    Good deal cull all that don't get well on the first round of medication.

2. Likes MONGOOSE liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LaBlue View Post
    Good deal cull all that don't get well on the first round of medication.
    dang again. I got to slack up on my refreshments. Myapologizes . Lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MONGOOSE View Post
    I think what most of us DONT understand is that bacteria, viruses, fungi & even parasites live NATURALLY on the human body. Without them we WOULDNT live.
    Yes their are BAD bugs out there too. Our body naturally fights them off.

Example: you give an antiobiotic to your fowl. They get better, THEN after a few days they get sick again and have to be culled. What happened?
    Well, that antibiotic killed the bacteria but in doing so it killed all the good bacteria too. Now those good bacteria keep OUR FUNGI in our body in check but unchecked they overproduce and can kill the chicken and humans for that matter. Happens all the time but we don't know that but DOCTORS are fully aware that this is a normal problem. Problem is if your already very sick it can be fatal.
    Most of what your saying is correct in some cases, Ill tell you why.
    Most/A lot of people have no idea how to use Antibiotics. They use the wrong ones or they under medicate or medicate when not needed.
    if a low dose is used, any bacteria that is present can and will become immune tho that particular Antibiotic, leaving you no choice but to try a different type of antibiotic. But you just might have cancelled out the best choice for that particular strain of bacteria, basically your stuffed.
    Its partly why our Antibiotics are not working these days (human) or are less effective than they used to be 30-40 years ago. No.1. cause. The use of Antibiotics in the meat industry, and we as consumers eat meat with small doses contained in these products allowing bacteria/bugs etc to grow immune. Its a bit like the use of the chick starter, if you can relate.
    Antibiotics should always be used very carefully, thats also why companies are starting to ban the non script over the counter sales, because there are too many people that simply have no understanding of how they work and how to use them.
    How many posts you read on here that someone says i just give them antibiotics, or should i use them in a keep or other dumb sh^t like that.

This has turned into a bit of a discussion, we should start another thread on the subject. I have some good info here on use of Antibiotics but was afraid someone might take the info and totally misunderstand and balls things up........

5. Likes hoghunterdave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Mongoose, if the wild birds were dieing I wonder who was vaccinating them to make them weak? I believe that you just didn't get hit. I'm not big on medicating but I was hit while others in the area were not. Some of them vaccinated and medicated far more than I would. Just that the same flock of wild birds didn't get to their yards. Least that's what the agricultural department said.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rodrigoelgu View Post
    I went to tractor supply and got me some tylan 50 gave them their first shot this afternoon put 1/2 cc in the breast, also got some vetrix and gave them a few drops and rubbed it in their face I will repeat this for 3 days and will report back in Wednesday
    Im sure you will make the symptoms disappear. But 2-6 months latter when the rain and cold come youll be doing it again.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by southernX View Post
    Im sure you will make the symptoms disappear. But 2-6 months latter when the rain and cold come youll be doing it again.
    I will report if they get sick again, ima keep an eye on them

9. Thanks LaBlue thanked for this post