Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 36

Thread: Disappointed in the NYGBA

  
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    943
    Post Thanks / Like

    Disappointed in the NYGBA

    As most of you know, former NYGBA President Tommy Carrano had his property raided over a month ago by the ASPCA. The ASPCA and "Federal Agents" stole all of his fowl and to date Tommy does not know if the fowl are even alive and if so what shape they are in. Also as of today Tommy has not been charged with a crime and he intends to fight this case to the finish. Tommy has received a huge amount of support not only from people in this country but from all over the world....the world! Strangely the organization that Tommy brought back from the dark ages has done nothing to help him.....nothing! Tommy has been a very active supporter/member/officer of the NYGBA for years. Through him the NYGBA began sending out newsletters and having several poultry shows a year throughout the state. You would think that for all the hard work tommy has put into this organization that they would step up and officer him support. But the NYGBA remains silent.
    Back in December I donated $25 which was supposed to be used to have a photo placed on the NYGBA 2017 calendar. i'm still waiting to receive the calendar. I was told that you had to attend a show to receive your calendar. How an I supposed to know where/when a show is when in a newsletter they tell you to call for a date, place, and time a show will be held. If you can put out a newsletter you can tell members the dates of the shows. I even had a hard time receiving the raffle tickets that I paid for and am not surprised that I didn't win. i'd be more surprised if they were even turned in. It looks like the NYGBA is back to being a "do nothing" organization again. And to those who will ask, yes I intend to try to be an officer in the NYGBA when it comes time to elect new officers. Until then I have joined another state GBA. They have been very supportive of Tommy, unlike his home state GBA.

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Iloilo
    Posts
    167
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Disappointed in the NYGBA

    Quote Originally Posted by MarshButcher View Post
    As most of you know, former NYGBA President Tommy Carrano had his property raided over a month ago by the ASPCA. The ASPCA and "Federal Agents" stole all of his fowl and to date Tommy does not know if the fowl are even alive and if so what shape they are in. Also as of today Tommy has not been charged with a crime and he intends to fight this case to the finish. Tommy has received a huge amount of support not only from people in this country but from all over the world....the world! Strangely the organization that Tommy brought back from the dark ages has done nothing to help him.....nothing! Tommy has been a very active supporter/member/officer of the NYGBA for years. Through him the NYGBA began sending out newsletters and having several poultry shows a year throughout the state. You would think that for all the hard work tommy has put into this organization that they would step up and officer him support. But the NYGBA remains silent.
    Back in December I donated $25 which was supposed to be used to have a photo placed on the NYGBA 2017 calendar. i'm still waiting to receive the calendar. I was told that you had to attend a show to receive your calendar. How an I supposed to know where/when a show is when in a newsletter they tell you to call for a date, place, and time a show will be held. If you can put out a newsletter you can tell members the dates of the shows. I even had a hard time receiving the raffle tickets that I paid for and am not surprised that I didn't win. i'd be more surprised if they were even turned in. It looks like the NYGBA is back to being a "do nothing" organization again. And to those who will ask, yes I intend to try to be an officer in the NYGBA when it comes time to elect new officers. Until then I have joined another state GBA. They have been very supportive of Tommy, unlike his home state GBA.
    That is so sad and pathetic!

  3. #3
    Senior Member INCUBUS06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    1,366
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Disappointed in the NYGBA

    That's what's wrong with some cocking organizations, time after time they don't step up to the plate..... & than they wonder why folk don't pay their dues. I understand when some have been caught with their hand in the cookie jar but, when peoples rights are being violated ....nope

    Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk

  4. Thanks spanky81 thanked for this post
    Likes Al Sanchez liked this post
  5. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    2,266
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Disappointed in the NYGBA

    Sir what are they too do? Tommy has not been charged with a crime. From what I know the Feds can wait up till 2 years to even charge him. I'm friends with Tommy but I have not donated yet. I'm waiting to see a charge.

  6. #5
    Senior Member Nauvoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    AL uhh BAM uhh
    Posts
    2,116
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Disappointed in the NYGBA

    They can come in, seize your property with no explanation or charges, "hold it" until they see fit to either return it or charge you? BS, at what point is this not theft? I hope every piece of property is accounted for and well taken care of! No counter suit set in motion? Is this information not blasted right back at them publicly? That your property can be taken without rhyme or reason? Any property. Not actually expecting answers, just popping off.

    Wayside Gamefarm UGBA, ALGBA, and MSGBA Member

  7. Thanks Cajun_Agimat thanked for this post
  8. #6
    Moderator CIGAR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,356
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Disappointed in the NYGBA

    Quote Originally Posted by MarshButcher View Post
    As most of you know, former NYGBA President Tommy Carrano had his property raided over a month ago by the ASPCA. The ASPCA and "Federal Agents" stole all of his fowl and to date Tommy does not know if the fowl are even alive and if so what shape they are in. Also as of today Tommy has not been charged with a crime and he intends to fight this case to the finish. Tommy has received a huge amount of support not only from people in this country but from all over the world....the world! Strangely the organization that Tommy brought back from the dark ages has done nothing to help him.....nothing! Tommy has been a very active supporter/member/officer of the NYGBA for years. Through him the NYGBA began sending out newsletters and having several poultry shows a year throughout the state. You would think that for all the hard work tommy has put into this organization that they would step up and officer him support. But the NYGBA remains silent.
    Back in December I donated $25 which was supposed to be used to have a photo placed on the NYGBA 2017 calendar. i'm still waiting to receive the calendar. I was told that you had to attend a show to receive your calendar. How an I supposed to know where/when a show is when in a newsletter they tell you to call for a date, place, and time a show will be held. If you can put out a newsletter you can tell members the dates of the shows. I even had a hard time receiving the raffle tickets that I paid for and am not surprised that I didn't win. i'd be more surprised if they were even turned in. It looks like the NYGBA is back to being a "do nothing" organization again. And to those who will ask, yes I intend to try to be an officer in the NYGBA when it comes time to elect new officers. Until then I have joined another state GBA. They have been very supportive of Tommy, unlike his home state GBA.
    this is the correct approach. to become part and make change if the ones that are doing basic duties are not doing their basic duties then that would be the perfect reason to step in and make a difference this has to be considered for all ORG's that is the way it works and one can make a big change if one sets out too... thanks mark for pointing this out and stepping up to the plate when time comes to make a change....

  9. Likes Cajun_Agimat, Al Sanchez, danitor liked this post
  10. #7
    Moderator CIGAR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,356
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Disappointed in the NYGBA

    Quote Originally Posted by INCUBUS06 View Post
    That's what's wrong with some cocking organizations, time after time they don't step up to the plate..... & than they wonder why folk don't pay their dues. I understand when some have been caught with their hand in the cookie jar but, when peoples rights are being violated ....nope

    Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk

    this is correct and there has to be ones watching there are several ORG's that are learning and in the learning process to understand how to handle certain things without violation of non-prof status there's record of some stepping up to the plate and hitting it out due to they have passed the learning part and they are exercising the things they have learned this will have to continue for all ORG's to be on the same page and understand how to handle certain things. remember that just because it's not posted doesn't mean something is not being done. no cards are face up they all are face down on table and they will have to stay that way due to certain issues with un wanted eyes.... from my understanding there are several ORG's that are supporting Tommy maybe the NY one is not however that is what is meant when it's said to join and make a change that is the key.......

  11. Likes country, Al Sanchez liked this post
  12. #8
    Member moneybackhatch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    188
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Disappointed in the NYGBA

    I was just wondering if Tommy got his birds back and then seen this thread. I would say they have "disposed" of his birds at this point.

  13. Likes Al Sanchez liked this post
  14. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    943
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Disappointed in the NYGBA

    Quote Originally Posted by BostonMurphy View Post
    Sir what are they too do? Tommy has not been charged with a crime. From what I know the Feds can wait up till 2 years to even charge him. I'm friends with Tommy but I have not donated yet. I'm waiting to see a charge.
    Tommy can find nothing out about what has happened to his fowl. He does not know if they are alive and if they are what shape they are in. The supposed "Federal agents" showed no identification and would not tell him what agency they represented. When his fowl were stolen by the ASPCA they removed 4 hens from their nests and smashed all of the eggs. NYGBA has offered NOTHING in the way of support. That speaks volumes to me considering all Tommy did for the organization.

  15. Thanks silver2dmoon, Al Sanchez thanked for this post
    Likes Al Sanchez, spring creek, danitor liked this post
  16. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    175
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Disappointed in the NYGBA

    Boston I always herd it was a year and one day but I think if he had a lawyer he would be able to find out wat was goin on

  17. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    175
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Disappointed in the NYGBA

    That is if they took it to grand jury to indite u but I thank his constitutional rights have been took from him I just hope he can find a good lawyer and burn ther asses this goes a lot deeper than most think

  18. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    943
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Disappointed in the NYGBA

    Quote Originally Posted by Nauvoo View Post
    They can come in, seize your property with no explanation or charges, "hold it" until they see fit to either return it or charge you? BS, at what point is this not theft? I hope every piece of property is accounted for and well taken care of! No counter suit set in motion? Is this information not blasted right back at them publicly? That your property can be taken without rhyme or reason? Any property. Not actually expecting answers, just popping off.

    Wayside Gamefarm UGBA, ALGBA, and MSGBA Member
    No inventory was made that Tommy is aware of as he did not sign anything. He was made to sit in his house for 7 hours while the ASPCA went through his property without him being present. Who knows what evidence was planted? Who knows what items were stolen? Last I knew it was 6 months that an indictment had to me made. 2 years is a stretch, especially for raising gamefowl. Tommy has a very good attorney and plans on fighting this until the end. I believe we will all benefit from the outcome.

  19. Thanks silver2dmoon, Al Sanchez thanked for this post
  20. #13
    Senior Member Nauvoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    AL uhh BAM uhh
    Posts
    2,116
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Disappointed in the NYGBA

    Quote Originally Posted by MarshButcher View Post
    No inventory was made that Tommy is aware of as he did not sign anything. He was made to sit in his house for 7 hours while the ASPCA went through his property without him being present. Who knows what evidence was planted? Who knows what items were stolen? Last I knew it was 6 months that an indictment had to me made. 2 years is a stretch, especially for raising gamefowl. Tommy has a very good attorney and plans on fighting this until the end. I believe we will all benefit from the outcome.
    I certainly hope he fights this to the end and wins! Alot of ppl (farmers and ranchers) better take notice also. Who's to say they can't take your beef, dairy, goats, horses, whatever if no charges are filed and no inventory was put together. Now if they tie him to cockfighting in some way that changes this statement, sounds like that would be drummed up charges tho. And how were they able to hold him in his house without identification? I'd dare say someone wouldn't enter my home without identification, much less hold me there without getting the drop on me, . I believe alot more folks stand to make some real headway they aren't even aware of with this case than just roostermen.

    Wayside Gamefarm UGBA, ALGBA, and MSGBA Member
    Last edited by Nauvoo; July 8th, 2017 at 02:11 AM.

  21. Thanks LaBlue, MarshButcher thanked for this post
    Likes LaBlue, MarshButcher, Chickinbug liked this post
  22. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    2,266
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Disappointed in the NYGBA

    Quote Originally Posted by Chickinbug View Post
    Boston I always herd it was a year and one day but I think if he had a lawyer he would be able to find out wat was goin on
    It is 2 years with the Feds. I only know because of people who got into trouble

  23. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    175
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Disappointed in the NYGBA

    Quote Originally Posted by BostonMurphy View Post
    It is 2 years with the Feds. I only know because of people who got into trouble
    Ok I wasn't sure but I hope he wipes the hell out of them

  24. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    175
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Disappointed in the NYGBA

    I hate this damn phone with spellcheck

  25. #17
    Senior Member FIRE-RITE's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,668
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Disappointed in the NYGBA

    I've "heard" his fowl were killed.....true or not I can't believe he don't know by now. If they are still alive they won't be in good shape I'd say......I feel for the guy and will Donate when charges are filed as long as he's in the right, they had to have a pretty good reason for going in on him. Glad he's gonna not Donkey out.

  26. Likes country, Chickinbug liked this post
  27. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    175
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Disappointed in the NYGBA

    Well firerite they kill hundreds of dogs and cats every year ther is no way he will get all his birds back in good shape

  28. #19
    Member moneybackhatch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    188
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Disappointed in the NYGBA

    Not trying to be negative but I'd say his birds are dead, this same stuff happened to me several years ago and all my birds were killed. Also it's legal to own gamefowl "without the intent to fight" in the state of New York, owing collectables is also legal so unless they caught him fighting they don't have any case.

  29. Likes MarshButcher, Chickinbug, Nauvoo liked this post
  30. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    943
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Disappointed in the NYGBA

    Quote Originally Posted by BostonMurphy View Post
    It is 2 years with the Feds. I only know because of people who got into trouble
    The alleged " Feds" just sat in the house with him. They did not search the chicken yard. In my experiences with Federal Agents ( U.S. Marshall's, DEA, F.B. I. ) the first thing they do is show their identification. These "Feds" didn't do that or say which agency they represented! My belief is they all were with the ASPCA and tried to use strong arm tactics. And this does not sound like a federal case either.....for owning chickens????

  31. Thanks silver2dmoon, Al Sanchez thanked for this post
    Likes bstewart, Al Sanchez liked this post
  32. #21
    Senior Member Nauvoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    AL uhh BAM uhh
    Posts
    2,116
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Disappointed in the NYGBA

    I hope there are images of these unidentified "feds" somewhere.

    Wayside Gamefarm UGBA, ALGBA, and MSGBA Member

  33. #22
    Senior Member BamaOkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Twilight Zone
    Posts
    5,687
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Disappointed in the NYGBA

    Quote Originally Posted by MarshButcher View Post
    The alleged " Feds" just sat in the house with him. They did not search the chicken yard. In my experiences with Federal Agents ( U.S. Marshall's, DEA, F.B. I. ) the first thing they do is show their identification. These "Feds" didn't do that or say which agency they represented! My belief is they all were with the ASPCA and tried to use strong arm tactics. And this does not sound like a federal case either.....for owning chickens????
    NPIP should prosecute the ASPCA. Could somebody PLEASE explain this ASPCA? Cause I have no knowledge of their authority I do know they have been long time in NY.

  34. Likes Nauvoo liked this post
  35. #23
    Moderator CIGAR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,356
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Disappointed in the NYGBA

    Quote Originally Posted by BamaOkie View Post
    NPIP should prosecute the ASPCA. Could somebody PLEASE explain this ASPCA? Cause I have no knowledge of their authority I do know they have been long time in NY.

    just a branch of the H$U$ another way to scam $$$ from people they really are out of control they are pushing their agenda on all.....

  36. Likes MarshButcher liked this post
  37. #24
    Senior Member BamaOkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Twilight Zone
    Posts
    5,687
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Disappointed in the NYGBA

    Quote Originally Posted by CIGAR View Post
    just a branch of the H$U$ another way to scam $$$ from people they really are out of control they are pushing their agenda on all.....
    OK, I know that much. I wanna know why a person would let them on their property from a New Yorker who knows the state laws and their authority. Cause aint no one seems to know Why they went to his house. 44 people got to have authorization from some one. Other wise this sounds like ARaTS stole his chickens and or folks pretending to be ARaTS! We got a Law enforcement in NY he oughta be able clear this up with in hours if said accused was 100% in the right. Jus my way of thinking. I do not live in NY or know their Laws. Let's clear the picture up a little for all.

  38. Thanks Nauvoo thanked for this post
    Likes spring creek liked this post
  39. #25
    Senior Member PeterJBen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Southeast, USA
    Posts
    1,099
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Disappointed in the NYGBA

    This might work or not, but in cases like this you might want to call your Sheriff department and ask them to stop by if you were allow to call someone. If you are in good standing with your Sheriff they might give you a hand on acquiring identity and the reasons why they federals are there.

  40. Likes BamaOkie liked this post
  41. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    5,132
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Disappointed in the NYGBA

    I agree I'd call the sheriff while I held them at gun point. I have one in every corner.

  42. #27
    Moderator CIGAR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,356
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Disappointed in the NYGBA

    Quote Originally Posted by BamaOkie View Post
    OK, I know that much. I wanna know why a person would let them on their property from a New Yorker who knows the state laws and their authority. Cause aint no one seems to know Why they went to his house. 44 people got to have authorization from some one. Other wise this sounds like ARaTS stole his chickens and or folks pretending to be ARaTS! We got a Law enforcement in NY he oughta be able clear this up with in hours if said accused was 100% in the right. Jus my way of thinking. I do not live in NY or know their Laws. Let's clear the picture up a little for all.
    it was a strong arm type of deal one can only imagine what they would do when people with guns says we are so and so and this is a warrant and you just sit over there while we do what we want... more or less this country is on a thin line on what we call police states......

  43. Likes bstewart liked this post
  44. #28
    Moderator CIGAR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,356
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Disappointed in the NYGBA

    Quote Originally Posted by LaBlue View Post
    I agree I'd call the sheriff while I held them at gun point. I have one in every corner.

    he did there was a GBA from texas that recommended due to warrant was a general one and no one show proof who they were nor leave business cards so they were called they came out and told him they know who came and they can't file a report they can document it however no report which is pretty bad just shows how bad society has came too

  45. Likes MarshButcher liked this post
  46. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    943
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Disappointed in the NYGBA

    What really ticks me off about the NYGBA is that I paid for a product ( the calendar) and now they won't send it to me! I wrote to the secretary requesting my money back. We'll see how that goes. It's not the money, it's the principal of the thing. If you pay for a product you are supposed to receive the product!

  47. Thanks Shrek thanked for this post
  48. #30
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Iloilo
    Posts
    167
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Disappointed in the NYGBA

    Quote Originally Posted by MarshButcher View Post
    The alleged " Feds" just sat in the house with him. They did not search the chicken yard. In my experiences with Federal Agents ( U.S. Marshall's, DEA, F.B. I. ) the first thing they do is show their identification. These "Feds" didn't do that or say which agency they represented! My belief is they all were with the ASPCA and tried to use strong arm tactics. And this does not sound like a federal case either.....for owning chickens????
    This thread is about disappointment in the NYGBA, but I can't hold myself from commenting on this info. Based on the statements of Mr. Marsh above, I can see a lot of violations of constitutional rights during the search and seizure operation by the agents, both the ASPCA and "Feds." I still believe, as I have from the very beginning of this issue, that Mr. Carano will win this case. The search and seizure operation was illegal.

    As for his chickens though, unfortunately, they have been "taken cared of" by those idiots.

  49. Likes MarshButcher liked this post

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •