Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Disappointed in the NYGBA

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Disappointed in the NYGBA

It has been 2 weeks since I spoke with the vice president/ treasurer of the NYGBA, Ron Porter about the calendar. He told me I had to attend one of the poultry shows in order to get the calendar. I informed him that I work on weekends therefore can't make the shows and in the past a calendar was always mailed to be. He became defensive and stated he was very busy and had little time for the NYGBA business. He then further stated that I "donated" the $25 to have my fowl's picture put on the calendar and those who donated got a calendar ' out of the goodness of our hearts." I told him that it plainly stated in the newsletter that those who paid the $25 were to get a "free" calendar and that if he wasn't going to honor what the NYGBA promised then I would not be rejoining the NYGBA. Porter then started yelling into the phone " I heard that you and that Goddam Tommy Carrano were joining the Texas GBA. That's b******t" I told him I can join whatever organization I wanted to and since the NYGBA has stolen my money I won't join them again. He then sais he wanted to keep me in the NYGBA and would be sending my calendar. What good would a calendar do me now? Anyway, I'm still waiting. And as of yet Tommy Carrano still has not heard a thing from the NYGBA in reference to his case.

2. Thanks Al Sanchez, silver2dmoon thanked for this post
    Likes don128, Al Sanchez liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The wheels of injustice turn slowly.

4. Likes Al Sanchez liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MarshButcher View Post
    It has been 2 weeks since I spoke with the vice president/ treasurer of the NYGBA, Ron Porter about the calendar. He told me I had to attend one of the poultry shows in order to get the calendar. I informed him that I work on weekends therefore can't make the shows and in the past a calendar was always mailed to be. He became defensive and stated he was very busy and had little time for the NYGBA business. He then further stated that I "donated" the $25 to have my fowl's picture put on the calendar and those who donated got a calendar ' out of the goodness of our hearts." I told him that it plainly stated in the newsletter that those who paid the $25 were to get a "free" calendar and that if he wasn't going to honor what the NYGBA promised then I would not be rejoining the NYGBA. Porter then started yelling into the phone " I heard that you and that Goddam Tommy Carrano were joining the Texas GBA. That's b******t" I told him I can join whatever organization I wanted to and since the NYGBA has stolen my money I won't join them again. He then sais he wanted to keep me in the NYGBA and would be sending my calendar. What good would a calendar do me now? Anyway, I'm still waiting. And as of yet Tommy Carrano still has not heard a thing from the NYGBA in reference to his case.
    Do you or anyone else know which state has the most trustworthy people and are worth the effort to join. Ive kept gamefowl off and on for many years without joining but I think in this day an age a man needs to if there is one that has our best interest at heart and isn't just about making money.Did any of the UGBA show up to help Tommy ? I read in Gamecock magazine a few years back on one GBA that was just collecting dues and when called out more or less sold us out.I would have to look for that article again to see who it named.Again Ill ask the question which state has the proven best record of helping gamefowl and gamefowl breeders?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Skincarver View Post
    Do you or anyone else know which state has the most trustworthy people and are worth the effort to join. Ive kept gamefowl off and on for many years without joining but I think in this day an age a man needs to if there is one that has our best interest at heart and isn't just about making money.Did any of the UGBA show up to help Tommy ? I read in Gamecock magazine a few years back on one GBA that was just collecting dues and when called out more or less sold us out.I would have to look for that article again to see who it named.Again Ill ask the question which state has the proven best record of helping gamefowl and gamefowl breeders?
    I am a member of the NYGBA and have not had any problems. To answer your question. I would start with joining the United Game Breeers Association. My next two to join would be Texas and Missouri.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BostonMurphy View Post
    I am a member of the NYGBA and have not had any problems. To answer your question. I would start with joining the United Game Breeers Association. My next two to join would be Texas and Missouri.
    I am a member of both Texas and the UGBA. This will likely be my last year in the NYGBA.

8. Thanks Al Sanchez thanked for this post
    Likes Al Sanchez, vizzard n tassl liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

There are some state affiliates that are less then desirable. Its hard to please all folks. That's why they vote every year for new officers. If the majority feels things arnt going the way they would like to see. Its time to vote them out and put new in. Of course it is a thankless job. Not to mention to find folks who like to donate there time. Its harder then meets the eye to get a good organization rolling. It takes dedication and hard work.

10. Likes Skincarver, Al Sanchez, LaBlue, don128 liked this post