Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Most Dominant Hatch

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Most Dominant Hatch

Rat sure enough dominated with his Leipers and Hatch ... alot of other breeds mentioned but not the win streak or record specifically ... I remember Jerry Groves feeding for Ed Pyle and bringing some older , wore out Penny to a small derby and just beating everyone's butts with two shows of em' ..

2. Likes KevinG liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Quapaw Kid View Post
    Anyone see Ruble set down his power cocks or old man Stansell show some ? I agree about the Blueface , I grew up around some authentic WT Greene blood ... crossed to some Stansell , they were smashers ... but a little cold.
    Yeah I seen Ruble set down a show of hatch muffs. Dirtiest show of cocks I ever seen. He lost his money fight , Oscars butcher got him in the break, old copper state.

4. Likes KevinG, jdtennessee, trueedge, Quapaw Kid liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ruble was the best in 59,60 and 61. He was open to anyone for a main.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BostonMurphy View Post
    Blue you are a smarter man than I but Blueface is not a Hatch. Reading the letters from Harry Parr and Sweater. They were only part Hatch. Plus back then Hatches blood was heavy in Whitehackle. You are correct though Blueface sure do get it done. One off these days I'm going to bring some to see you back yard barbecue
    You are the only person i have ever heard claim blueface was not a hatch, hmm learn something everyday. Ive hearx the leiper argument but never the blueface.

7. Thanks avalos1991, LaBlue thanked for this post
    Likes avalos1991, nem76 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

To me Givens Hatch are the perfect Hatch for LK. Mine are stylish, hard hitting and breakdown real good. I have tried other Hatch blood but I like the Givens the most.

9. Likes nem76 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Rat has to be up their with the greatest. What separates Rat from alot of the breeders mentioned above is that he was great in the past and he is still great in the present. Seem like most of the guys mentioned above where only good in the past. Rat fowl can still compete with best out there and has the record to prove it.

11. Likes RH/Grey, Brettjern, Nauvoo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BamaOkie View Post
    What year did he get sent off? I hear this pre pen after pen all time. I have many families of Rubles all slightly different. They were those men's #1 hatch line for 30-50 years I got the Ruble familys from. They got them direct from Billy. All have proven their worth to me.
    I'm not exactly sure the years just know people that got them before the cocks are darker in color to a medium red color after he got out they favor more blueface lemon hacked color not sure the difference just heard a bunch say it I've never owned any rubles

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chad123 View Post
    I'm not exactly sure the years just know people that got them before the cocks are darker in color to a medium red color after he got out they favor more blueface lemon hacked color not sure the difference just heard a bunch say it I've never owned any rubles
    I have both and they are different familys but all quality fowl. I imagine Billy changed way he went about things more when he got out. I dont think his taste in game cocks changed much. We all loose good ones through the years. Him getting all Sweater McGuiness birds might changed look of his yard also. I know what is here is good all matters to me.

14. Likes hoghunterdave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Look back in your older Journals, Billy Ruble advertising page. Those DARK hatch cocks were a sight to behold as well,as those silver green leg greys. His pictures topped them all in my book. You see, as Chad stated a lot of lighter colored manes on hatch cocks now. The penny fowl when at their peak were DARK too, heavy in The GOOD Ruble blood, no spangle or speck ones......

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Redbreeder1 View Post
    Look back in your older Journals, Billy Ruble advertising page. Those DARK hatch cocks were a sight to behold as well,as those silver green leg greys. His pictures topped them all in my book. You see, as Chad stated a lot of lighter colored manes on hatch cocks now. The penny fowl when at their peak were DARK too, heavy in The GOOD Ruble blood, no spangle or speck ones......
    As u said I heard ruble made Sheryl Penny...was just talkin with a guy I know about this the other day

Lucas

17. Likes KevinG, Redbreeder1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Any Hatch you can name dominated for a while, that's why you can name them. We don't remember the name of the failures. Now its a matter of who is breeding them. Can they select, do they test, the name is secondary. Sandford probably would not recognize anything we call Hatch.

19. Likes avalos1991, Dos amigos liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Redbreeder1 View Post
    Scan0003.jpg
    1964 ad McLean and Blueface Blends. Open to the World!
    Last edited by BamaOkie; July 19th, 2017 at 02:48 AM.

21. Likes KevinG, Sig1911, hoghunterdave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Early this year I saw some Pure Rocky Top Blue Face in action and also some Rocky Top Blueface x Rocky Top Greys in action as well and they were quite impressive!
    I have heard the term cold blood thrown around when talking about Rocky Top fowl but I can assure you none were cold on that day!

Cajun Agimat

Post Thanks / Like

By that logic hatch aren't hatch.

24. Thanks BROKENWING thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Oscars hatches are as good as any. I also think the dodge city boys may show the best hatch cocks around these days. Bad ass roosters that just get better and better as the fight goes on! Every time I see them I get serious rooster envy!!!!

26. Likes Quapaw Kid liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bamaokie's

Philippine Blueface

Post Thanks / Like

Blueface hatch has my vote.

29. Likes Sig1911, BamaOkie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hoghunterdave View Post
    Any Hatch you can name dominated for a while, that's why you can name them. We don't remember the name of the failures. Now its a matter of who is breeding them. Can they select, do they test, the name is secondary. Sandford probably would not recognize anything we call Hatch.
    Which , who , when , did you see them ? Alot of fowl are popular because they win some for folks , but few familes actually dominated .. oh wait , what do you call dominating ?

Post Thanks / Like

In that case, itd be the Mclean right? They are in just about every darn name we hear of from Ruble and Bates to Gilmore, Oscar to Buck, James S to Jimmy E, Col Givens to Buddy Mann etc etc and every off shoot of those like the Penny, Marion Rose and Wello. Everyone leans to give credit to the man's name but its the ingredient that shouldnt be overlooked. They all have one thing in common, the main component....good ole fashioned green legged medium sized, wide and power strokin Mclean. Heck some of them didnt do anything to them like they did to the Soddy Daisy, they just won with them as they were so they took the name. They werent any different in composition as to when they first got them besides maybe being bred "their way". The good ones of the past were the best ever including today, made alot of the men and strains we hear of today famous.
    SF
    Last edited by KevinG; October 18th, 2019 at 04:18 PM.

32. Likes avalos1991, MONGOOSE liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My Dads old Rubles were hell. A friend went to Dee Cox’s home and got spangle, red and lemon hackle Garrards.
    All 3 were hell. My favorite was the lemon hackle though.

Post Thanks / Like

As local hatches. We maintained blueface and bates hatch
    then I send jimmy east mclean and rubles.

For all of that, i say rubles do the best in our yard.

Post Thanks / Like

Most well rounded for showing pure - gold goes to leipers and mcleans...i know leiper aint hatch back off me.
    best cutting- doc robinson hands down
    Gamest- blueface

* overall if i had to pick only one hatch to breed it would be a blend of mcleans and bluefaces. They been bred for years and have won enough easily to make an amatuer look like a pro. If you breed 30 from two great lines i would find it hard to believe you would cull more then 5. Harold brown knew this very well.
    Docs are pretty much a blend of everykind of hatch that money could buy and were bred from winning lines......IF you got the real ones. Ive heard alot of fowl were peddled off as doc but who knows, ive seen some that were amazing.
    the mcleans and leipers....i dont need to say anything. If you got good ones they are both loaded up with blueface and im sure not one of us would like to be across the pit from one of these jokers. They dont have to be pointed perfectly to preform well, faily easy to handle, love being worked and love to fight.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jdtennessee View Post
    Oscars hatches are as good as any. I also think the dodge city boys may show the best hatch cocks around these days. Bad ass roosters that just get better and better as the fight goes on! Every time I see them I get serious rooster envy!!!!
    dodge city boys? Who are they?

Post Thanks / Like

I would take the old jr hatch from delrio back in the day was helluva gaff roosters alot of old timers from tn nc ga meet and new them from old jr hatch from delrio tn