Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are leipers HATCH?

Post Thanks / Like

Are leipers HATCH?

I tried finding an old thread jus could not find one. I always believe leiper was a hatch but ive heard it wasn't. It crosses real good on my spangled hatch though. And I hope it crosses good on My new Blueface Blood. Any input will be appreciated. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Are leipers HATCH?

I know there's a bunch gonna say they are not bit that's gonna be your original lieper. Probably 90% of to days lieper have had hatch add to them at some point.

Post Thanks / Like

No, No, No, and you would be hard pressed to find almost any line that doesn't have a little bit of the some blood as Hatch used.

Post Thanks / Like

Iv been told lieper is part of the hatch family but a lot will say there not....

5. Likes tonetone559 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Whose right doesn't matter. Leipers been dead for almost a hundred years. Only thing matters is whose winning and breeding them TODAY. Name is just a REFERENCE. All the rest is just a history lesson that means nothing in a pit.

Post Thanks / Like

Mongoose post some pics of those no names I wanna see what they look like

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TopNotchfarms View Post
    Mongoose post some pics of those no names I wanna see what they look like
    You see them all the time. I know you won't beieve this but when a breeder dies. So does his breeding methods and expectations. It amazes me I have to explain this to a grown man. Its like trying to explain why theres no Santa Clause.

9. Likes White thai, Quapaw Kid liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MONGOOSE View Post
    You see them all the time. I know you won't beieve this but when a breeder dies. So does his breeding methods and expectations. It amazes me I have to explain this to a grown man. Its like trying to explain why theres no Santa Clause.
    There's no Santa Claus what the hell you you smoken man lol
    I think the expectations do remain as the men that created mine wanted to be the best just as I do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Likes spring creek, hoghunterdave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

WTF, so who eats the milk and cookies!!!

13. Thanks LaBlue thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Enough with your big words and post some pics man not trying to turn this thread into **** I just wanna see your birds .....

Post Thanks / Like

Lol Jerry you made me truly laugh out loud. I'm kinda like mongoose. I haven't called my birds Racey Blue Mugs in many many years. They still look kinda the same as his did. I think I've had them as long or longer than he did. They are mugs but not his. I'd say it's the same with every breed out there. We call them this or that just so everyone knows what we are talking about. But when the breeder has been dead for 10 years all you have is the name. Yes maybe some have not added any new blood but they are not Kelso's or Madigan's or who Evers. They are yours if you had them. 10 years. Call em what you like. I don't have any problem if you want to. Call them pure (any name) but don't blame it on that old dead man if they disappoint you.

Post Thanks / Like

Enough with your big words and post some pics man not trying to turn this thread into **** I just wanna see your birds .....
    Big words?
    what "santaclause"?
    Blue said it. I said the same thing. Im just not going to hold your hand when I say it.
    My pics have been on here for years. Look um up. Shouldnt need me to tell you that neither. Do something WITHOUT having to be TOLD to do so!
    Feel like im talking to my kids?
    im really going to fck up your world now... theres NO easter bunny, hatch, kelso, lacy, madigans, McCray's, McCleans, Rubles & tooth fairy neither.
    Last edited by MONGOOSE; August 9th, 2017 at 05:49 AM.

17. Likes roostercm, Jerry F liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

TopNotch posts make me wanna sit Santa down and tell him kids aren't real ...

For the record , you can see some old mags calling them Leiper Hatch ... and for all the protests , Leiper and Hatch did run in the same circles and it's almost too fishy for Leiper to put up such a tiff about it ...

I also agree with what Fulldrop wrote , he was alive back then and watched HAtch fight ... and he said the Whitehackle/Brownred theory just didn't add up .... at any rate , finding Leiper without HAtch in them would be hard , getting them would be harder.

Post Thanks / Like

I think you can thank Harold Brown for the confusion. Harold and Mr. Cy Taylor got their first Leiper cock and bred to their Hatch hens. After success with the crosses, Harold began advertising Leiper Hatch for sale. The misinformed thought they were another line Hatch, like Ruble or McLean. Many bought fowl that I think were simply crosses of the Leiper and Hatch families. Several years later, a vast majority of the buyers were scratching their heads and wondering why their "Leiper Hatch" didn't produce consistently. I personally know several this happened to. Crossed fowl seldom produce consistently.

While a Leiper and a Hatch may look somewhat alike, if you've ever seen straight Leipers go, you know their not Hatch. I've been out of the game for some time due to my health. My partner and I had Mr. Howard Suttles' Leiper for twenty years and they were not Hatch.

20. Thanks KevinG thanked for this post
    Likes RHman1026, KevinG, hoghunterdave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=MONGOOSE;4855451]Big words?
    what "santaclause"?
    Blue said it. I said the same thing. Im just not going to hold your hand when I say it.
    My pics have been on here for years. Look um up. Shouldnt need me to tell you that neither. Do something WITHOUT having to be TOLD to do so!
    im really going to fck up your world now... theres NO easter bunny, hatch, kelso, lacy, madigans, McCray's, McCleans, Rubles & tooth fairy neither.[/

all you had to say is I don't wanna post pics im not into hearing your bs every time.... What thread is your birds on I wanna see those no names

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=TopNotchfarms;4855468]
    Big words?
    what "santaclause"?
    im really going to fck up your world now... theres NO easter bunny, hatch, kelso, lacy, madigans, McCray's, McCleans, Rubles & tooth fairy neither.[/

all you had to say is I don't wanna post pics im not into hearing your bs every time.... What thread is your birds on I wanna see those no names
    Did your mom drop u as a baby? There in the photo gallery Einstein. Look it up. Unbelievable.
    U shouldn't own chickens and definitely shouldnt have kids.
    Go back to what you know. Playing call of duty.
    Last edited by MONGOOSE; August 9th, 2017 at 07:41 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

More bs save your time writing.... I asked a ? What threads do you post your birds on simple ?? Man..... When legal were did you show those aces at......you should have a full trophy room with all the bs you speak
    Last edited by TopNotchfarms; August 9th, 2017 at 07:45 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

More bs save your time writing.... I asked a ? What threads do you post your birds on simple ?? Man..... When legal were did you show those aces at......you should have a full trophy room with all the bs you speak
    It's only bull$hit if you can't understand something. What are u stupid? Do a search. It's called the "photo gallery". It means there's pictures in there moron.
    Last edited by MONGOOSE; August 9th, 2017 at 09:01 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

In 03-04 gamecock showed Ted mcleans records and they was loaded with lieper blood. Folks been calling leipers hatch for 50 years. My question is, where are these old tuff hatch, everyone claims to have em but I sure ain't seen em

26. Likes trueedge, MONGOOSE liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hell maybe that's why you don't see the grit n power anymore. To much leiper blood

Post Thanks / Like

It's only bull$hit if you can't understand something. What are u stupid? Do a search. It's called the "photo gallery". It means there's pictures in there moron.
    I looked at em Mongoose. I can tell you like power. Those look like very strong birds. Good job

29. Likes lawgreyman14, MONGOOSE liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I got some Johnny Mitchell leipers from a buddy the other day. 4 (6 markers) and 4 (right nose). All hens but those girls hate another hen. I'll post some pics this afternoon of them but they came straight from Johnny's yard, of course they r descendent and not the original but I like them. Hatch or not they know how to win and that's all that matters to me.

31. Likes FrostGrey87 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Judge Lieper bred the Liepers. Mr Hatch the hatch. I doubt the originals would be much use today or recognized. They started out as short heel fowl.

33. Likes lawgreyman14 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Chad bolan has a lot of awesome info on leipers

35. Likes catfish1947, Noshow liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Leiper himself said that he had no hatch blood in his fowl. Not sure if both men used some of the same fowl, when founding their lines. We are splitting hairs, everything is bred to be winners and pure is just a dream. Mr Leiper and Mr Hatch most likely had to use crossed fowl to breed their winners from. We do the same thing today.

37. Likes country, BamaOkie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I know a man got his direct from Suttles. He does not show them or fool with them much just let's them run loose on the farm. His look like straw necked brown & red to me. I plan to take a catch cocke & see what they look like when it cools off. I will say they are Lookers.

39. Likes roostercm, bstewart liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rockwood View Post
    I know a man got his direct from Suttles. He does not show them or fool with them much just let's them run loose on the farm. His look like straw necked brown & red to me. I plan to take a catch cocke & see what they look like when it cools off. I will say they are Lookers.
    Buddy of mine Gene dunno his last name! LOL Handled for Howard, has the YL Liepers. Lost them buy not letting them out he says. LMK how those you speak of work out!

Post Thanks / Like

In my observation, leipers are not hatch at all. Most breeder make mistakes in crossing these breeds. Something like salt and sugar but in the same color and finery. Few fighting breeds has this and butchers may have them.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a copy of a letter between Judge leiper and Bill Roberson discussing whiskey, baseball and the leiper fowl that was sent to Bill to breed for Judge Leiper. The letter states they are out of a boston rh cock bred to half irish brownred half Kearney whitehackle. A son out of this mating was then bred back to the half irish brownred half Kearney whitehackle hens. This produced 3/8 irish brownred 3/8 Kearney whitehackle and 1/4 boston rh offspring that was bred together and set as a family and that is the fowl Bill Roberson received. It also states in the letter that they contain not a drop of Hatch blood. Billy Ruble, Cy Taylor, Harold Brown all new they was not hatch fowl. They all started with the same leiper cock that was out of Bill Roberson's blood. Billy Ruble stated it was the leiper cock bred over the mclean-Blueface blends that put him on the map. Cy Taylor said the same thing so did these men told me this out of their own mouths. They said the same thing about Harolds blood also. So to say their is no such thing as a leiper with out hatch is absolutely crazy. These men bred the leiper fowl to improve upon their own fowl they was not interested in breeding pure leipers per say even though they bred back close to the leiper side at times. Harold Brown said a man has never hit upon a cross as good as when you get 2 or 3 familys of good green legged fowl that blend well together. So yes their is leiper fowl still being bred without hatch blood in it. And I will say this their is a lot of high quality leiper hatch blends being bred that people call leiper. I was not hunting or looking for any green legged fowl when I was gifted these. However I did get rid of some damn good mclean and ruble both as the leiper was superior to both in every category in my opinion not because they was leipers but due to the job of breeding Jack Smith and a few others had done since the 40's. After a few derby wins at squabs with the pure ones I knew I had my hands on something special. I have never seen a family of green legged fowl that has the smarts, cut, and speed along with bottom and gameness that they posses period in other words they are in my opinion the total package and that is something I have never found in any family of hatch fowl.

43. Thanks flarreyeye, tonetone559 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info Chad.....