Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hurricane Irma

Post Thanks / Like

Hurricane Irma

Prayers going out to All in the Path of this Monster of a Hurricane.. May God Keep everyone Safe..

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hurricane Irma

Im praying it takes an abrupt turn out in the Atlantic ocean. Seems there are really only two paths now, hit Florida head on and come through Georgia or just touch Florida and go into the gulf toward Alabama and Mississippi. God's in control either way

3. Thanks Sig1911 thanked for this post
    Likes Al Sanchez, KnSFarms liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If I was in Florida I'd be battening down the hatch. Getting everything of value up or out. God be with us!!!

5. Thanks Al Sanchez thanked for this post
    Likes CA whitetoppy06, Al Sanchez liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sure nuff by winter someone will chime in w/ so much 4 global warmin' ......

Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk

7. Thanks Al Sanchez thanked for this post
    Likes Al Sanchez liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Definitely prepping. All we can do at this point is stay prepared and pray it takes a turn. It's just part of living on the coast but this one is a monster for sure.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyD View Post
    Definitely prepping. All we can do at this point is stay prepared and pray it takes a turn. It's just part of living on the coast but this one is a monster for sure.
    Yep, me too. Thought trading all the tornadoes for a couple predictable hurricanes was a good swap but not sure now. This new house supposed to be fine for F2, maybe F3 plus I had a safe room built in center of house but have decided to leave if reports not good for our area. I'm about 90 mi. east of Heavy D, 50 ft. elevation, about 1750 ft. from beach.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RHman1026 View Post
    Yep, me too. Thought trading all the tornadoes for a couple predictable hurricanes was a good swap but not sure now. This new house supposed to be fine for F2, maybe F3 plus I had a safe room built in center of house but have decided to leave if reports not good for our area. I'm about 90 mi. east of Heavy D, 50 ft. elevation, about 1750 ft. from beach.
    I would say anything above a cat. 3 you should get out. I'm not one to run every time we get a storm. I grew up in hurricane country lol. But this one is scary, you don't want to play around if this one hits

11. Thanks Al Sanchez thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My prayers go out to every one in the path of this storm...god bless

Post Thanks / Like

Looking like east coast of Florida and on to Georgia or Carolinas. But local weather is 30 percent chance of rain and its been pouring since 2 am. People on the Islands are getting hammered all ready.

14. Thanks Al Sanchez thanked for this post
    Likes CA whitetoppy06, Al Sanchez, Sig1911 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If Irma turns north into the Atlantic then my country is in for a big one we had two back to back cat 3's last Sep and Oct.This time of the year I pray for all that live on the Gulf,the East coast and the Island's.Stay SAFE EVERYONE.

16. Thanks Al Sanchez thanked for this post
    Likes CA whitetoppy06, Al Sanchez, Sig1911 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks like Irma might skirt east coast of Florida.. Sure Hope it weakens some before it arrives near us in Florida..
    Quote Originally Posted by LaBlue View Post
    If I was in Florida I'd be battening down the hatch. Getting everything of value up or out. God be with us!!!

18. Likes CA whitetoppy06, Sig1911 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks like another expensive year for life and property where storms are concerned. You can walk from roof to roof up the east coast. No good place for landfall from the keys to Canada. Just hope everyone heeds the warnings. PR is in the thick of it right now prayers go out to all the islands.

20. Thanks LaBlue thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I live in SC and the stores are sold out of bottled water , batteries and that type stuff . Got hit pretty good by Matthew last year ,it's been raining a lot here the past few days so the ground is already saturated ,all we need now is more rain and high winds and we'll have a hell of a mess. Batten down the hatches boys and hang on tight.prayers to all in harm's way.

22. Thanks LaBlue thanked for this post
    Likes Al Sanchez, Beef, LaBlue liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm praying hard that the storm goes East of the main land of Florida and the east coast.

24. Thanks country thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Praying hard for y'all guys. Keep safe. Hope it will turn away back to the sea!

26. Likes CA whitetoppy06, Al Sanchez, country liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

its going to be a rough ride here in the Ocala area sunday evening through Monday,ive prepped all I can. haven't seen these wind speeds around here in the 30 plus years ive been here.

28. Likes hoghunterdave, Al Sanchez liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I've experienced that Cat 5 Hurricane in 2013 in the Philippines when it wiped out my farm... the howling wind was eerie, the rain felt like it was piercing my skin, the rain taste salty, when the wind blew away the roof of the hut, we huddled inside the bathroom which was the only concrete part of the house, covered our heads with plastic buckets as the pelting rain hurts...that lasted for 5 full hours....

Post Thanks / Like

Warm ocean water is what creates hurricanes. Good luck and God bless to all in the path.
    Quote Originally Posted by INCUBUS06 View Post
    Sure nuff by winter someone will chime in w/ so much 4 global warmin' ......

Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Hayn/auzzi; September 7th, 2017 at 02:49 PM.

31. Likes CA whitetoppy06 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by country View Post
    I live in SC and the stores are sold out of bottled water , batteries and that type stuff . Got hit pretty good by Matthew last year ,it's been raining a lot here the past few days so the ground is already saturated ,all we need now is more rain and high winds and we'll have a hell of a mess. Batten down the hatches boys and hang on tight.prayers to all in harm's way.
    country fill containers with water put top on and put back in cabinets works good

Post Thanks / Like

May God have Mercy upon all the life that stands in the wake of Irma.

your story can become a book or movie, as it's through the worst that the best shine, I pray for everyones safety but sadly im sure alot of places that should have been evacuated (elderly care enters) have not been plus all the veterinarian clinics or shelters and zoos.. Even though we knew sbout Irma for a week or even two..

but yes find propane tanks and burners store for after the storm so you can start a fire to boil water if youhaventstored enough.. I don 't think anybody can store enough when half the population is planning on looting .

be safe and use better judgement dont let your guard down but dont turn away a person in need just don't think Irma is the only threat . Dont prey upon others and dont get preyed upon .

Godbless you All.
    Last edited by CA whitetoppy06; September 7th, 2017 at 10:33 PM.

34. Thanks GoldenDragon thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Really hoping my buddy and his Buddy are getting out of Miami!

Post Thanks / Like

I hope Fighterturk,Bajan and Reaper are safe.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like we in for another wild ride here in NC. We got hit pretty hard from Matthew last year. Still got roads washed out and homes empty. I pray that everyone is stays safe. I hope my birds make it. If not I can get more

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

38. Likes Al Sanchez liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Well its going to get rough here in Florida. A lot of people getting out of the way. I seen more north bound traffic than ever today. Gass is hard to find near any highway. Don't understand all the panic about water, guess people don't think tap water is safe to drink any more, as far as bathing just grab a bar of soap and stand under the eve of the house or fly pen.
    Fill all the containers you can fill the tub you should be good. If it stays in the center of the state it will hit less people and weaken more. Hate to wish that on anyone but cane fields aren't as important as human lives and homes.

Post Thanks / Like

God bless everyone and hope you all stay safe.

Post Thanks / Like

Didn't mention food because with all the critters heading to higher ground that won't be in short supply. As long as you can stomach armadillo your good to go.

42. Likes CA whitetoppy06, Sig1911 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Time to take your vacation. Too many died in Texas from what was called a 1000 year flood. Now the most powerful ever in the Atlantic, headed to hit Florida and a third one after it. Stay Game, stay alive. All them years you have thought about, what is the one breed you would keep. Today might be the day to decide.

44. Thanks Al Sanchez thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hoghunterdave View Post
    Didn't mention food because with all the critters heading to higher ground that won't be in short supply. As long as you can stomach armadillo your good to go.
    Lol I'm sure if u give these city licker a Flint wouldn't know wat to do with it let alone catch a armadillo to eat, but hope for the best prepare for the worst, I going to use all small pens and jam then between 24 and hope no tree falls on them

46. Likes hoghunterdave, CA whitetoppy06 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I'm here in Florida .. southwest Florida that is and I don't intend to go anywhere I just hope this weekend isn't my day.. we are ready as we can.luckily I'm just getting back in and don't have many birds to secure hell might just bring them in the house. Well I pray everyone is safe and don't get to crazy!!

48. Likes Al Sanchez, BamaOkie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Get burlag bags and pillow cases and secure brood fowl. Hang them inside closets on the safest place at home.

50. Thanks Al Sanchez thanked for this post
    Likes bazsdmeg2u, Al Sanchez, hoghunterdave liked this post