Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Hurricane Irma

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hurricane Irma

I'm in South Carolina.... lost one hatch broodcock today when a pen blew over... powers still on, family's safe. Small price to pay. Pray for the ones in Florida that weren't so lucky

Post Thanks / Like

Me and mine r alive and fine.she was a mean 1 boys.almost as bad as Katrina.

3. Thanks Al Sanchez thanked for this post
    Likes CA whitetoppy06, Al Sanchez liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Well we didn't loose anything but power and generator living at the moment but the damn rich neighborhoods all around us Sure as hell have there power back. At moms where my dogs and chickens are which is 10 miles east of us they never lost power and the 10 acres looks like a pond and a couple trees down one got the corner of my barn and the wind took 2 sheets of tin off the feed room but nothing to get upset over just lots of little debris clean up but I'll take what we got any day over what we could have got!

5. Thanks Al Sanchez thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

How did you fair out Mr. Al ?? Hope all is well with everyone else in Florida

7. Thanks Al Sanchez thanked for this post
    Likes CA whitetoppy06, Al Sanchez liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Friend. All is well here at my Home. Minor Damage to the Chicken yard and No damage to my Home. Just got power & water this morning.. Praying For All that were effected by Irma..
    Quote Originally Posted by Birdslayer86 View Post
    How did you fair out Mr. Al ?? Hope all is well with everyone else in Florida

Post Thanks / Like

Good deal!! I am very glad to hear we all faired well and nothing to serious happened to anyone we sure had the good lord and luck on our side with that one

10. Likes Al Sanchez, CA whitetoppy06, LaBlue liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Just remeJust, storm crews are working to asses the damages. Such wide spread is all about coordination. And resources. Fuel has been a factor for us last few days. Mobilization has been good 16000 Lineman answered the call.Just waiting on marching orders.

Post Thanks / Like

Ventured out for fuel this morning .haha. 36 miles 2 hour wait. If you have a good sense of humor its quite a show. Most people are great do what they can to help others filling cans for the elderly guiding traffic and so on. Then we have those who are more important than the rest, try to cut the line even had a fight. The worst of the crowd seemed to be the police. You read right the police. When one of the important people was stopped from cutting the line the police carried the men who stopped him to jail. I don't know how busy the police in citrus County are because the crowd started batching and plenty of backup was on the spot in under 2 minutes. Said all pumps would be shut off if complaining didn't end and let them carry the guys to jail. Oh they didn't lift a hand to stop the fight walked away like they didn't see it.

13. Thanks CA whitetoppy06 thanked for this post
    Likes bstewart, CA whitetoppy06, JLF2.0 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It's been like that for days down here hoghunterdave I look at it from the entertainment value. My life is busy enough and I need no help adding to it haha but today it did seem to want to start going back to normal but a lot of businesses s were still not open and schools are closed for the week to clean them back up. But if you scan back over this thread what kind of dogs are you running ??

Post Thanks / Like

Everyone is OK power was off for 3 days and trees on the ground at home, at the property were the chickens and pigs are is a different story looks like the Everglades and trees down. The good thing is that the animals are fine nobody got hurt and I have video of the property.

16. Thanks hoghunterdave thanked for this post
    Likes LaBlue, BamaOkie, Al Sanchez liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

APBT. Is there any other. I like the fire and knowing they won't quit when I am going in to leg a good boar in the dark. Just can't use true game dogs because they shake the hold and drive deeper. Doing this on a good boar will get them cut to shreds or killed. My health went to hell few years back and I am not doing much but feeding chickens for now. Got a new little bitch and about to say hell with the doctors orders and get back to living life. If you ain't living your dieing.

18. Likes deerhunter, LaBlue liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I will stand behind you on the bulldog (what we have always called them) but I have never had to run one with my cur dogs or use a catch dog to catch a good hog. I like my bulldog in the house protecting and I strictly hunt curs and feel if I can't go to the woods with 2 dogs and catch the world and tie it then go home knock them in the head and start over but I've put a lot in my curs and keep a lot of grit in them but they better have just as much common sense or they will never make it past 6 months with me. I hold a pretty rough standard for a dog! But being bred born and raised right here in manatee county we always had a good cur dog in the yard and a bulldog somewhere in the mix too some of our best friends growing up were dogs not people haha yea hell with the doc they lie dam near as much as the weather man haha I did just get a new bitch not long ago but she's in the house old school game hell its as hard to find good dogs like they use to make them anymore

20. Likes LaBlue liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad to hear you faired out well papa1969 and glad to hear everyone has been safe so far

22. Likes Al Sanchez liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad to know its just minor damages yall cockers out there. My evacuees return home tuesday afternoon. They are all also fine.

24. Likes Sig1911, hoghunterdave, BamaOkie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

According to the news, every footlocker in Miami got hit. What was missed by the storm the thieves carried off.

26. Likes Al Sanchez liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hoghunterdave View Post
    According to the news, every footlocker in Miami got hit. What was missed by the storm the thieves carried off.
    So there is some truth to the "no work boots were taken" story. Guess that means they don't intend to help with relief efforts.
    Last edited by Nauvoo; September 15th, 2017 at 02:32 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

The senior citizens that baked to death I think is disturbing beyond cruelty in this day and age.

29. Likes hoghunterdave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

One lady interviewed said she complained 3 days before when she visited a friend. Hope I don't have any friends like her.

Post Thanks / Like

If you ain't growing ..your dying

Post Thanks / Like

Keeping a eye on hurricane Jose ..