Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Larry Romero Albany's not game

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Larry Romero Albany's not game

Quote Originally Posted by pennyhatch22 View Post
    Does he ever point with strychnine or Bus? I don't have any fowl from larry,I have just witnessed that if people over do it that it will make some run.
    Now that I couldn't tell u but either way he has been fighting strong game chickens for many years. I'm sure he feeds natural but I can't say for sure.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brettjern View Post
    Man y'all keep acting like this guy knows nothing about gamefowl. He has fought more roosters than anyone on this site I promise u that. He is a true blue rooster man, fought and won all over this country when it was legal. There is nothing he doesn't know about roosters. He fights in the world slasher cup and down in Mexico.
    Really, because you know how much every member has fought. Tell me this, since he has won every where, why is he looking for new families of fowl? Is he not much of a breeder. To know so much about him, you sure don't know much!! Bringing this crap up without facts or first hand experience is just sorry

3. Likes JLF2.0 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

And fighting sk in Mexico and world slasher sure doesn't sound like a old dyed in the wool, old school gaff man to me

5. Likes Jailbird6, JLF2.0 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Some things need to be taken into consideration here. How were the fowl raised and the care given? You can have the best fowl in the world and screw them up through neglect. Did they have a chance to mature? Some breeds mature faster than others. I'm not taking sides on this issue but just reminding others that it is very easy to ruin a good family of fowl and you may not even realize you are doing it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Noshow View Post
    Really, because you know how much every member has fought. Tell me this, since he has won every where, why is he looking for new families of fowl? Is he not much of a breeder. To know so much about him, you sure don't know much!! Bringing this crap up without facts or first hand experience is just sorry
    I bet u get your ass beat a lot. So u think that these men that have won all over don't try new blood? U r truly a ****ing idiot. "To know so much about him, you sure dont know much" make no sense. Did I claim to know everything about this man? Sure didn't say I did Einstein. Just because I wasnt there to see it firsthand doesn't mean it isn't true. I wasn't there to see Jesus but that doesn't make it false.

8. Likes GP13 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

And fighting sk in Mexico and world slasher sure doesn't sound like a old dyed in the wool, old school gaff man to me
    Oh ok so because he fights in the lk in the Philippines or the sk in Mexico that discredits him? Damn your dumb

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MarshButcher View Post
    Some things need to be taken into consideration here. How were the fowl raised and the care given? You can have the best fowl in the world and screw them up through neglect. Did they have a chance to mature? Some breeds mature faster than others. I'm not taking sides on this issue but just reminding others that it is very easy to ruin a good family of fowl and you may not even realize you are doing it.
    All i can tell u is what he told me. I asked about Larry Albany's knowing he just got some in the past few years and he said they wasn't game. He told me they pulled up on him in the gaff. Considering as much as he fights or fought and how healthy his cocks looked everytime i seen them i would say they were in pretty good health. Not saying u r but on this site if u so much as say something from a "big timer" quit ppl get butthurt and take it personally. If I say my stuff ran ppl say "dunghill" but if u say something from a big timer it's your fault and u didn't have then healthy or some other reason to not be the big timers fault.

11. Thanks GP13 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe, but I'm not the fool on here who buys chickens and ask about bloodlines all the time, then runs down the farm where your sweaters came from over hear say. I promise you this, if his albanys are cold, your sweaters are too. Now your the president of dumb ass's. Adios, I'm going to take care of gamefowl that I don't have to ask if they are game or not

Post Thanks / Like

And I'm right about this just the same as I was about may weather beating the hell out of your gay lover Connor

Post Thanks / Like

I could care less wether there game or not, especially knowing what people "THINK" is GAME. Pecking all day and not running isn't the only thing that constitutes gameness in my opinion.
    Ive seen a lot of damn good, CONSISTENT gaff birds. I'd say about 10% WERENT really game and many of them were named after the "gamest of strains".
    I don't care how big a breeder you are. You start breeding for artificial/natural "time limits" and ignore breeding for wortham rules. You are Walking AWAY from wortham rule chickens.

Post Thanks / Like

I have gone through a lifetime with these addictive little creatures we call gamecocks. Was associated with all the NAMES people liked to throw around .In my time I have heard bad and good about everybody, but the one sure way to see if a family is game enough for you was always to GET YOU SOME. Spend a couple of years, stop by Newport, run up to springbrook, check out big blue. Hell the food was fantastic in Lafayette.
    The old boys in Tenn, Ky, Alabama would treat you right and kill everything you bring if you are not lucky.
    Gameness is not just running off. Lots of cocks find it easier to just stay there and die. The kind that crawl,scratch,dig,peck,hit with the last breath,thats a gamecock. Everybody wants one, most would not know what to do with it if they found one. If they did their name would be batted around by all the aspiring superstars. Before you criticize GET YOU SOME. Does not matter what they do for somebody else.

Post Thanks / Like

A lil off topic but still sorta on topic , The fowl that are bred NOW arent the Fowl i saw 20 years ago they where pure hill birds that competed in only The G.

17. Likes Sig1911 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Redbeard1 View Post
    A lil off topic but still sorta on topic , The fowl that are bred NOW arent the Fowl i saw 20 years ago they where pure hill birds that competed in only The G.

My buddy was telling me the same thing....

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe, but I'm not the fool on here who buys chickens and ask about bloodlines all the time, then runs down the farm where your sweaters came from over hear say. I promise you this, if his albanys are cold, your sweaters are too. Now your the president of dumb ass's. Adios, I'm going to take care of gamefowl that I don't have to ask if they are game or not
    Why are u on here? U have absolutely no knowledge to give and only talk **** behind a computer but I'm sure when your face to face with any man u r just like your handle "noshow". Just to throw this out there since u can't read I dont own his Albany's and i wasnt asking for my sake I was just asking if anyone else had this problem. U go take care of those roosters so u can a big 2 cock derby this year and pocket a big $80.

20. Likes GP13 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by john yates View Post
    I have gone through a lifetime with these addictive little creatures we call gamecocks. Was associated with all the NAMES people liked to throw around .In my time I have heard bad and good about everybody, but the one sure way to see if a family is game enough for you was always to GET YOU SOME. Spend a couple of years, stop by Newport, run up to springbrook, check out big blue. Hell the food was fantastic in Lafayette.
    The old boys in Tenn, Ky, Alabama would treat you right and kill everything you bring if you are not lucky.
    Gameness is not just running off. Lots of cocks find it easier to just stay there and die. The kind that crawl,scratch,dig,peck,hit with the last breath,thats a gamecock. Everybody wants one, most would not know what to do with it if they found one. If they did their name would be batted around by all the aspiring superstars. Before you criticize GET YOU SOME. Does not matter what they do for somebody else.
    Very Well said, Amen to that.......

Post Thanks / Like

Brettjern has absolutely no clue about Game birds. In other words he is a key board cocker. First he said Hammertime leipers were not game. Then he said Rat and Gilliam leipers and roundhead were cold. You would think from all the research he did here in Sabong he would go buy some really game greys, blueface or whitehackle bloodlines that are considered foundation fowl for their gameness. Nope! Brett went out and bought the sorriest sweaters out there. What a complete Joke this guy is.

Post Thanks / Like

Let me ask you guys this. I bought a mixed trio. I raised the stags great they were good looking Sobs. One day in the cockhouse when they was like 10 months old . I left the door unlocked and one brother got out and messed the other two brothers up. Sad part he was found roaming not fighting dead through the cage. A year later I lent the Brood Cock to a friend and he got out the pen and fought 5 or 6 roosters before he was found dead away from the roosters he was fighting. I think one should fight to death after the 1 or 2 cage. Now at the same time these now stags that are now cocks I left the damn door open again and found him lying on his back and messed me up a good stag. But he was hack as ****. I know I have a problem leaving doors open. Would you say that blood is game. I sent the 1 cock left to some guys from Texas and he wins no problem in SK. These fight like the dickens . But I'd question their gameness. This has everything to do with this topic.

Post Thanks / Like

I'll say this one time and read it and understand the meaning. One big time breeder told me a mans birds are better than they was 20 years ago that was all I should need. Another breeder after some problems I asked I thought these birds were better now than before. He says they are way better they are just not that game.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lurena View Post
    Brettjern has absolutely no clue about Game birds. In other words he is a key board cocker. First he said Hammertime leipers were not game. Then he said Rat and Gilliam leipers and roundhead were cold. You would think from all the research he did here in Sabong he would go buy some really game greys, blueface or whitehackle bloodlines that are considered foundation fowl for their gameness. Nope! Brett went out and bought the sorriest sweaters out there. What a complete Joke this guy is.
    Your right I just wish one day I am as good as u. Was I looking for gameness in sweaters? Nope. I have my greys as a foundation blood and the sweaters are to add some cut and athleticism but I just wish I had some of your lines. U have won over 300 derbies against some of the toughest out there...oh wait u haven't. Your just another name on fight day. I didn't even know rat had rh so I have no idea where that came from. Seems if u are going to ridicule me u would do a little more research first.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by john yates View Post
    I agree with most you say but when you hear many people saying the same thing. You'd have to be a fool to buy them.
    What most people can't understand is when talking gameness. There's 3 different kinds-- the heel, sk & lk (really more).
    Gamecocks not game in the long spur might be very game in the Mex and PI shows. People don't seem to get this.

27. Thanks spanky81 thanked for this post
    Likes spanky81, Nauvoo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jamiepaul View Post
    Let me ask you guys this. I bought a mixed trio. I raised the stags great they were good looking Sobs. One day in the cockhouse when they was like 10 months old . I left the door unlocked and one brother got out and messed the other two brothers up. Sad part he was found roaming not fighting dead through the cage. A year later I lent the Brood Cock to a friend and he got out the pen and fought 5 or 6 roosters before he was found dead away from the roosters he was fighting. I think one should fight to death after the 1 or 2 cage. Now at the same time these now stags that are now cocks I left the damn door open again and found him lying on his back and messed me up a good stag. But he was hack as ****. I know I have a problem leaving doors open. Would you say that blood is game. I sent the 1 cock left to some guys from Texas and he wins no problem in SK. These fight like the dickens . But I'd question their gameness. This has everything to do with this topic.
    To start: Your crossed cocks are probably not game in a peck fight or through the wire. I doubt you bought them for that purpose. But would you even be asking if you had raised 15 cocks,tried them yourself in the sk and won 14. You will not need to ask if they are game enough for you if you throw your money on the table and pick up the dice.

29. Thanks LaBlue thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Your talking to someone who hasn't learned to close a gate. Don't expect him to learn to quickly. When you get home and only see the results of a yard accident its impossible to know what happened. Stags ain't cocks doors are on pens for a reason and no family of game fowl hasn't had a quitter in someone's hands. In this sport you push til something breaks and pray its not the courage of your fowl.

31. Thanks Sig1911 thanked for this post
    Likes Noshow, MONGOOSE liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Your right I just wish one day I am as good as u. Was I looking for gameness in sweaters? Nope. I have my greys as a foundation blood and the sweaters are to add some cut and athleticism but I just wish I had some of your lines. U have won over 300 derbies against some of the toughest out there...oh wait u haven't. Your just another name on fight day. I didn't even know rat had rh so I have no idea where that came from. Seems if u are going to ridicule me u would do a little more research first.
    Your the one who can't read, I never said you had the albanys, but, you did say your sweaters came from Romero and that's exactly what I said retard. Also the other guy you quoted said you ran down rat and Gilliam. So anyone with any sense would assume he was referring to Gilliam Roundheads. As for me saying what I think face to face lol that is why some folks love me and some can't stand me! not only do you quickly insult a mans character, you are also a bad judge of it. As for you, it won't be 2 months and you'll be throwing someone else's name out saying they have junk. Your first class at that

Post Thanks / Like

To me a quitter is a quitter no matter what happens cage, pit. Etc. Hog Hunter I appreciate your opinion but I probably forgot more about chickens than you will ever know.

Post Thanks / Like

Bretjern Larrys sweaters are ok. Breed em like you been doing. I talked to the winningest feeder and handler of all times a few weeks back. He said Jamie I fed and handled more sweaters than anybody ever and I mean ever. He said I don't care what anybody says there is no dead game sweaters. But when you have them right try to whip them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MONGOOSE View Post
    I agree with most you say but when you hear many people saying the same thing. You'd have to be a fool to buy them.
    What most people can't understand is when talking gameness. There's 3 different kinds-- the heel, sk & lk (really more).
    Gamecocks not game in the long spur might be very game in the Mex and PI shows. People don't seem to get this.
    Your right mongoose people need to learn their fowl. Times have changed. You can't win on gameness alone

Post Thanks / Like

Your the one who can't read, I never said you had the albanys, but, you did say your sweaters came from Romero and that's exactly what I said retard. Also the other guy you quoted said you ran down rat and Gilliam. So anyone with any sense would assume he was referring to Gilliam Roundheads. As for me saying what I think face to face lol that is why some folks love me and some can't stand me! not only do you quickly insult a mans character, you are also a bad judge of it. As for you, it won't be 2 months and you'll be throwing someone else's name out saying they have junk. Your first class at that
    How did I run Larry's Albany's down? I said exactly what was told to me and I asked if anyone else had this happen. I never said they sucked or wasn't game I was saying what was told to me. Seems u assume too much

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jamiepaul View Post
    Bretjern Larrys sweaters are ok. Breed em like you been doing. I talked to the winningest feeder and handler of all times a few weeks back. He said Jamie I fed and handled more sweaters than anybody ever and I mean ever. He said I don't care what anybody says there is no dead game sweaters. But when you have them right try to whip them.
    The sweaters i got from Larry seems to be what I need to win in the sk. I don't know that yet but i will this upcoming year. Larry has won more with his sweaters than that idiot a few posts up calling them the sorriest sweaters. Can i guess that the man u was talking to was Carol Nesmith?

Post Thanks / Like

I agree a quiter is a quiter no matter what. I will also agree that you have forgotten a lot about game fowl such as close the door. Now with the niceties out of the way, I have no clue what you know or don't. You have no clue what I know or don't . But I think we both know the birds only have to satisfy the person buying the feed and paying the entry.

Post Thanks / Like

The sweaters i got from Larry seems to be what I need to win in the sk. I don't know that yet but i will this upcoming year. Larry has won more with his sweaters than that idiot a few posts up calling them the sorriest sweaters. Can i guess that the man u was talking to was Carol Nesmith?
    No it wasn't Carol Carol raised and handled his own. This guy put his hands on all of them