Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who's eaten gamecock?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who's eaten gamecock?

I ate a "Sweater" that my bird killed. Just for the sake of it. Was not very good. Better off eating a broiler

Post Thanks / Like

My partner and I used to send our culls down to Southern Mexico. Pullets and hens and the stuff we were not keeping, Earl sent a Asil cock down there with the lot one time. The old fella who got him, fought him several times in the 1/4 SK and won 5-6 dinners with the other guys losers. That was all they bet. Guess how hungry you are has a bearing on the taste.

3. Likes hoghunterdave, KAHUNA NO KA OI liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I told an old timer that I didn't like game chicken as well as store bought, he said it's just because I wasn't used to fresh chicken.
    As far as tough go's any animal gaining weight is tender. When losing weight they are tough. Age is not as much as factor.

Post Thanks / Like

hey there...Let me share something..Here in the philippines they all eat all kinds of chicken...stags,pullet,cock and hen.That's why we call it Happy cock fighting...

Post Thanks / Like

It's the best meat to eat,,,,,try comparing what your body and mind feels after stewing them and eating them game cock meat between broiler raised chickens,,,,,,we all know what we them are bests

Post Thanks / Like

Grandpa boiled a hen all day, never could get it tender. We tried cooking a sweater pulley once, no matter how hot we turned the oven too, when we would bite into it, it was always cold

8. Likes gaff, turbo_harpoon, Nauvoo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I eat all my pullets that i'm not keeping to breed back to the father. My cross pullets i grow to quail size and skin them, then deep fry, best eating there is.

10. Likes BamaOkie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If you are on a low fat diet, raise some asils or asil grades. They come with densed or compact pure flesh. Best when cooked till soo tender with your favorite spices, then enjoy with your favorite alcohol. Yummmyyyy....

Post Thanks / Like

I was reading all these posts and come to see most will try anything as long as alcohol is involved so I got to thinking I'm having a cook out ill supply the drinks and skunk but need someone to bring a couple spotted skunks I've hear they taste better any takers on this

13. Likes Al Sanchez liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Store chickens are ready at 2 months. Game chickens are a little light at that age. Game chickens will have less fat, but I like the taste of meat chickens better. It's a job to clean a chicken and store bought is so easy. I do have a problem with chickens that are fed antibiotics from birth. Not ready to raise any meat chickens, but it has crossed my mind.

Post Thanks / Like

I have eaten game roosters when I was in the Philippines itís was the best chicken that I have eaten now Iím not sure what they put with it but it was really good and it was white meat not blue.

16. Likes grey/dom liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My ex-wife and I butchered a bunch of pullets several years back and they were very good. She volunteered to clean them so off we went.

Post Thanks / Like

I heard the best eating Gamefowls are the Grey colored ones. Anyone attest to this??? I'm thinking of putting some Grey color on Black Chickens.