Thread: Feed

Post Thanks / Like

Feed

I need a new feed supplier in East ky area. Been feeding burkman and like the feed but it's getting to be a pain getting it. We feed two ton a month right now and would like to find some I don't have to drive two hours to get. Not opposed to switching brand if quality is equal mostly would like to find a store that is friendly to fowl raisers.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Feed

Where u located?.....................

Post Thanks / Like

Eastern Kentucky area heavy d

Post Thanks / Like

search on line for producer feed dealers and may find one closer to you just a suggestion

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by t gasparac View Post
    Eastern Kentucky area heavy d
    Wow. Just re read the initial post haha. Sorry for the stupid question man lol

Post Thanks / Like

Since y'all are talking about feed I got a question I was talking to a phillipino last night and I told him that I fed showtime and he said I needed to add corn to it and maybe pigeon feed to should I do this or not

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know about pigeon feed. but 17% to 18% (protein) pigeon seed is useful.

8. Likes DenDog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by coker1988 View Post
    Since y'all are talking about feed I got a question I was talking to a phillipino last night and I told him that I fed showtime and he said I needed to add corn to it and maybe pigeon feed to should I do this or not

No. .. If it is the showtime by mid south in Georgia it is a complete feed. When pointing just add pellets so it passes through faster and you get them completely empty on schedule. I am not a fan of premix feed but where I live its more economical than even whole corn, and showtime has put good bodies on all my fowl. The feed stores here get $14.75 for the conditioner or $16.00 for oats or corn go figure.

Post Thanks / Like

Just a ps. I use the Mike Ratliff method and feed mix during the keep but don't think the show time would be that far off i just don't trust the oats to fully pass.

11. Likes LaBlue liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you hoghunterdave I will continue feeding the showtime it's made by midsouth it's in a orange bag it's just expensive I pay $18.80 per bag

Post Thanks / Like

I am cheap I know but I buy sunflower seed, oats, catfish feed, corn and 24% chick starter and 16% lay crumbles when they are on sale and mix my own. I watch t-s-c for good sales plus get a coupon from them real often for 15% off. Black Friday their sunflower 40# was $9.99. Got several of them. The yard mix I am feeding now costs me about $16.70 for a hundred pounds and they look and feel good. 14.5%

14. Likes LaBlue, DenDog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

A small electric cement mixer is a real handy tool too

16. Likes catfish1947 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

that is a good idea for a lot of fowl
    Quote Originally Posted by DenDog View Post
    A small electric cement mixer is a real handy tool too

Post Thanks / Like

Must be nice. Around here sunflower seed is $28.00 and catfish food $30.00 or more and it's the vegetables based crap.as I said I can get the mix for less than any single grain. Calf mana is cheaper than some feeds. But all the feed stores are pet based not farmer friendly. When you live in a state that will lock you up for putting a dog on a chain what can you expect.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by t gasparac View Post
    I need a new feed supplier in East ky area. Been feeding burkman and like the feed but it's getting to be a pain getting it. We feed two ton a month right now and would like to find some I don't have to drive two hours to get. Not opposed to switching brand if quality is equal mostly would like to find a store that is friendly to fowl raisers.
    Any Feed dealer worth his salt would deliver to the farm for two ton a month. Mine does and stacks the feed. Call around Im sure you can find someone wanting your business.

20. Likes roostercm, Jailbird6 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by southernX View Post
    Any Feed dealer worth his salt would deliver to the farm for two ton a month. Mine does and stacks the feed. Call around Im sure you can find someone wanting your business.
    Walnut Hills Feed store but it's in Shelby, Ohio.

Post Thanks / Like

I can see your point. Hope it doesn't get that bad here.
    Quote Originally Posted by hoghunterdave View Post
    Must be nice. Around here sunflower seed is $28.00 and catfish food $30.00 or more and it's the vegetables based crap.as I said I can get the mix for less than any single grain. Calf mana is cheaper than some feeds. But all the feed stores are pet based not farmer friendly. When you live in a state that will lock you up for putting a dog on a chain what can you expect.

23. Thanks blackman thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm a couple hrs south of Mr Dave and the showtime feed cost me $20/bag for maintenance and like $22 a bag for conditioner so y'all are getting good deals on feed as far as I'm concerned. Been debating going to see Mr Dave about once a month to shoot the breeze and gain some knowledge and save a couple bucks on feed

Post Thanks / Like

What do these big farms feed I know they probably mix it I just wonder if it would be cheaper than buying showtime

Post Thanks / Like

Call Cedar Creek they have a feed supplier I think he said over in Tennessee that does awfully good job, BRK

Post Thanks / Like

Most feed stores will try to get what you want. Some things are unavailable to them. But if you search you'll find what you look for.

28. Thanks t gasparac thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone for all the responses I believe I have found what I need in a feed store.

30. Likes regulargrey liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I mix my own but the feed store here sells Homestead Uppercut Gamefowl mix 16% for $13 a bag. No tax.
    I have no idea what it looks like but it sells pretty good according to them.

32. Likes gapman liked this post