Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IVOMEC?

Post Thanks / Like

IVOMEC?

Anyone used this for worming there manoks?
    Whats the safe dose?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: IVOMEC?

There is a huge debate about the efficacy, there are available spot ons but still you need to team them up with other agents..
    Ivermectin covers only roundworms and ectoparasites, but not tapeworms and flukes..

3. Thanks Yunke8888 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by noshawaii View Post
    Anyone used this for worming there manoks?
    Whats the safe dose?
    Sir Nosha i used it before its really good ivomec is a complete medicines good for deworm for mites bugs in the feathers good for corayza and wounds fast to heal for breedings good for BH and BC specially in conditionings ,for cocks i usually give them .30 every 2 months following day .30 of B12 in broodhen .15 i stop using it b'coz its really expensive here 70$ for 100 ml buts its really good much much better than thayland as i said its a complete ang effective but carefull dont give to much .. i hope it helps more wins to you buddy

5. Likes Ankle bone liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by magsasaka16 View Post
    Sir Nosha i used it before its really good ivomec is a complete medicines good for deworm for mites bugs in the feathers good for corayza and wounds fast to heal for breedings good for BH and BC specially in conditionings ,for cocks i usually give them .30 every 2 months following day .30 of B12 in broodhen .15 i stop using it b'coz its really expensive here 70$ for 100 ml buts its really good much much better than thayland as i said its a complete ang effective but carefull dont give to much .. i hope it helps more wins to you buddy
    Wow thanks magsasaka16.. I didn't know it had more uses other than worming?!?!

noshawaii

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by noshawaii View Post
    Wow thanks magsasaka16.. I didn't know it had more uses other than worming?!?!

noshawaii
    No problem Sir Nosha and theres another brand similar to IVOMEC and exactly the same ingredients IVERMECTIN little bit cheaper ..

Post Thanks / Like

Could you be specific with the dose please thankyou

Post Thanks / Like

Here a usefull link below!! A good friend been using it orally and had great results..

http://www.ultimatefowl.com/wiki/index.php?title=Ivomec

Post Thanks / Like

Ivomec is injectable... Any disadvantage if we will inject this to our fowl?

Post Thanks / Like

Ivermectin drops are also available. Apply 2-3 drops on parts of the chicken where red mites love to reside. It is priced @ P50/10 ml bottle.
    Effective but frequency of application may vary depending on degree of (e.g. red mites) infestation.

FYI.

Post Thanks / Like

Carefull , carefull when you want to try ivomec thats all i can say or better not to try using it .....more harm than good gonna happen

Post Thanks / Like

Ivomec is fatal on herding dogs, such as Collies.
    Using an injectible med as a pour on, dropping it on the skin, limits even more its efficacy issues.
    there are three types of commercial ivomectin,
    injectible, oral(usually designed for dogs) and pour on(designed for cattle)

use at own risk if going off label.

Post Thanks / Like

There are over 106 types of parasites that can infect your fowl, Ivomec based products can effectively treat over 100 of these. The problems with Ivomec are it filters through the liver and overdoses are easy and most people use too much, they use it too often, and the wrong types; ie. Cattle Ivomec is for cattle. Ivomec is a systemic which means it is as effective by injection, orally, or even direct contact on the skin of the bird. This product last in the system for 90 days. I have found that yards that contain alot of green-eyed (signs of liver damage)roosters fall into the overuse catagory - There are Ivomectin based products on the market made for gamefowl - do your research.
    Last edited by FBMcGuinness; April 2nd, 2014 at 10:31 PM.

15. Thanks screamincheetah thanked for this post
    Likes screamincheetah liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, I didn't know all that about Ivermectin, I never used it cuz my vet said it c/potentially kill my fowl, so I always avoided it, plus I never realized there was a product just for gamefowl, never saw that either ... thanks so much. I have herd dogs and hunting dogs and always tried to keep it away from them as well. Good posting here guys. informative ! good info abut the 'green eyes' .....

Post Thanks / Like

Just to further clarify on this topic, which Ivomec do you use for chickens (injectable, oral, or pour-on) and what is the dose that you have been safe and successful with?

Post Thanks / Like

some use tablet,1/2 caplet bird of 150 mcg ivermectin caplet...for injectable, they give 0.25-.3 ml....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by coyotekiller73 View Post
    Just to further clarify on this topic, which Ivomec do you use for chickens (injectable, oral, or pour-on) and what is the dose that you have been safe and successful with?
    coyote,

Depends on the brand. The brand I use, Durvet Pour-On, I worked it out to .20 cc/ml for a 5 pound bird. It's actually .22, but I rounded down instead of up to .25

Regards.

20. Likes LoneWolf liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Carefull , carefull when you want to try ivomec thats all i can say or better not to try using it .....more harm than good gonna happen

Than why a year ago you giving it such high praises?

Thanks.

22. Likes jncblas, Ankle bone liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

w/all due respect Senti, maybe he learned since then ... a lot of things I used to believe and was told about fowl, since joining this site and getting more into the game fowl, I have changed a lot of what I do now compared to what I used to do .... I guess, as time moves on, we learn ...especially reading this site every day .. things on this site are just remarkable and I can read forever and never really know it all ...... I never used ivermec cuz my vet said it was too dangerous for fowl, but others seem to think it is okay .... I guess each bird is different ... but maybe the guy learned since then ....maybe something happened that changed his mind .. sounds like maybe something terrible !! I have read on here a lot of posts where it did not agree w/the birds, and the birds were sick for days, etc., right there tells me not to use it, too risky ....... just a thot, Sir.

Post Thanks / Like

I have used Ivermectin for a number of years now. I do not find it as effective as it use to be. I stopped it for 2 years and then went back to it; alternating it and safe-guard or valbazen. I've not personally seen any ill effects.

I use the injectable for cattle and then give it orally through a syringe to the birds. I give 8 drops through the syringe to an average size mature bird. I give 12 drops to large birds like Shamo.

I hope this is helpful to some.

25. Thanks c.turner thanked for this post
    Likes Ankle bone liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Can u give the pour on Ivomec to your fowl orally? Or does it need to b the injectable kind?

Post Thanks / Like

It needs to be the injectable type to be given orally, I would think.

Post Thanks / Like

Alright thank you, I grabbed a box if it from the feed store didn't realize it was pour on tell I got home,

Post Thanks / Like

I don't clam to know it all .but the durvet pour on works great for mites and lice and about 98 other things that game fowl can get .but only give .25 of a .cc . Down the throat .i use wormazol.and rotate back to ivermectin pour On from durvet .but like everything else WAts works for me .mite hurt you.Thats just how it works with gamefowl .Y.F.I.S ALWAYS KEEP THEM LEAN, MEAN, CLEAN, AND CROWING....
    Last edited by Carpenter; June 19th, 2016 at 10:18 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Carpenter View Post
    I don't clam to know it all .but the durvet pour on works great for mites and lice and about 98 other things that game fowl can get .but only give .25 of a .cc . Down the throat .i use wormazol.and rotate back to ivermectin pour On from durvet .but like everything else WAts works for me .mite hurt you.Thats just how it works with gamefowl .Y.F.I.S ALWAYS KEEP THEM LEAN, MEAN, CLEAN, AND CROWING....
    How do you administer the pour on Ivermectin for you chickens?What dosage?Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Ivomec don't be scared to use it now the worms say u got a bird that is supper wormy when u give them this stuff it kills every freaking worm and can cause them to bleed out that's y people's animals die and they blame it on the meds well sorry if u would have takin care of them u wouldn't have killed dog cat chicken what ever it is that's how my vet explained it to me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

i have usage ivomec plus for cattle 2 tens in the mouth for my fowl and my dogs 1/4cc down the mouth and it work for me for years

Post Thanks / Like

I use the durvet pour on about .25 per cock about .15 for hen. Hold rooster by legs and turn him upside down with his back against your leg. He will open his wings and can see the white flesh of the wing. Slowly move syringe along flesh as apply ivomec to both wings equally. The first time I used it I had calculated the dosage for my 50# coonhound and a 5# rooster. When I did the roosters I accidentally gave them 2.5 cc so 10x the dose needed and no ill effects as I have used some as broodcocks.
    Quote Originally Posted by LoneWolf View Post
    How do you administer the pour on Ivermectin for you chickens?What dosage?Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

My aunt (in Europe) uses Ivermectin drops: a couple of drops on red parts of chicken body. It works pretty well (in Greece though). I visited last year her beautiful village, in love with cute houses in Greece, the culture and people! Will come back there next year!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bubbad55 View Post
    i have usage ivomec plus for cattle 2 tens in the mouth for my fowl and my dogs 1/4cc down the mouth and it work for me for years
    Same here every 2 months

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I worm with Ivomec all the time. It’s one of my Wormer’s I use in rotation! One of the only things that get the gape worm !