Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Gulls 2018 info

  
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    13
    Post Thanks / Like

    Gulls 2018 info

    I know there is info already on here about gulls! But I am wondering who is breeding them straight still? And if the crosses are still being used in shows? All where leagle of course!

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    13
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gulls 2018 info

    Quote Originally Posted by Rbr View Post
    I know there is info already on here about gulls! But I am wondering who is breeding them straight still? And if the crosses are still being used in shows? All where leagle of course!
    Nothing! I guess nobody is still breeding and maintaining gulls. Come on thereís gotta be someone with some current info on how gulls are doing!

  3. #3
    Senior Member CA whitetoppy06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    936
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gulls 2018 info

    Quote Originally Posted by Rbr View Post
    Nothing! I guess nobody is still breeding and maintaining gulls. Come on thereís gotta be someone with some current info on how gulls are doing!


    I had had the impression that you have this bloodline?


    hopefully you will get some answers to your inquiry.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    13
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gulls 2018 info

    Quote Originally Posted by CA whitetoppy06 View Post
    I had had the impression that you have this bloodline?


    hopefully you will get some answers to your inquiry.
    Yes I have some of them! I was hoping to gain some knowledge on how to maintain them.

  5. #5
    Senior Member CA whitetoppy06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    936
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gulls 2018 info

    I believe there are a few on this site that have some, or at the least have had them and perhaps have the answers you seek.

    will bump another thread up if I can find one that’ll help.

  6. Likes Burgos liked this post
  7. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    13
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gulls 2018 info

    Quote Originally Posted by CA whitetoppy06 View Post
    I believe there are a few on this site that have some, or at the least have had them and perhaps have the answers you seek.

    will bump another thread up if I can find one thatíll help.
    Thanks I appreciate it! Hopefully someone with a lot more knowledge than me can help me out.

  8. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Deep South
    Posts
    35
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gulls 2018 info

    Look up Gregory Skeens on Facebook. I believe he has some old gull blood from Howard Belk. Believe they are Murphy's or contain Murphy blood. ;-) hope this helps.

  9. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    321
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gulls 2018 info

    Gulls are a old white hackle type family. Straight comb white and yellow legs broad feathers. Extremely bitter strong chickens. As far as maintating them ask the breeder you got them from.

  10. Likes Skincarver liked this post
  11. #9
    Senior Member pitcrawler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    500
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gulls 2018 info

    During one of my visit at Howard Belk house sometimes in 2006, he told me that he inherited the Gull blood from his father.By that time during my visit, Howard was already 83 years old. So i assumed the Gull blood was with them for more than 80 years.

  12. Thanks Sig1911 thanked for this post
    Likes White thai liked this post
  13. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    40
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gulls 2018 info

    The ones we have are low to medium station. We got this from ca. The breeder said ,They blend well with rh and hatch, nothing fancy in the sparring but got a lot of power in them, their feet connect well in the opponents body, hope to test next yr. merry

  14. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    13
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gulls 2018 info

    Quote Originally Posted by carnosus View Post
    The ones we have are low to medium station. We got this from ca. The breeder said ,They blend well with rh and hatch, nothing fancy in the sparring but got a lot of power in them, their feet connect well in the opponents body, hope to test next yr. merry
    thanks to everyone that has put in there thoughts! I really appreciate it and hope to here more about anything to do with this bloodline. These where mostly shown in sh! But have been shown in other shows as well of course all back before laws changed. I just got them cause they are easy on the eye and I wanted to keep this blood line around. They are med low station and are nice and gentle!

  15. #12
    Senior Member Sig1911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Klondike
    Posts
    4,528
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gulls 2018 info

    Friend's Gull X Cuban Pyle.


  16. #13
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    13
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gulls 2018 info

    They look great! How is that cross! Mine come with yellow legs.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •