Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 66

Thread: Alabama Gamefowl Breeders Association 2018 auctiion

  
  1. #1
    Senior Member DPotter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    near Mobile, Al
    Posts
    853
    Post Thanks / Like

    Alabama Gamefowl Breeders Association 2018 auctiion

    It’s time once again for Alabama to host the ALGBA mail-in auction. We want to THANK all those who choose to help by donating fowl and would also like to thank the buyers of these fine Gamefowl. If you win more than one, you will be expected to pay for what you win. Winning bidder will pay shipping. Auction begins Feb 1, 2018 and ends on March 31st, 2018. Winning bidder will be notified by April 10, 2018. Payment will be due by May 1st, 2018.

    1. The breeders and the brood fowl they have donated to the AUCTION are listed at the bottom of the ad. Bidders will mail their bids to CHELSEA HELM P.O. BOX 241 ATMORE, AL. 36504 The ALGBA office phone number is (850) 327-6864. Bids must state: (A) the fowl being bid on and the name of the donor. (B) the amount of the bid (C) the name, address, and the phone number of bidder, to be considered in the AUCTION. Bids must be received NO LATER THAN April 1st, 2018. Please submit each bid on a separate page.


    2. The high bidders will be notified that they are the successful bidders and have until May 1, 2018 to send in the money. Low bidders will NOT be notified………………ONLY THE HIGH BIDDERS WILL BE NOTIFIED.


    3. The high bidders must send a Postal Money Order or a Cashier’s Check made out to the ALGBA in the amount of their bid to CHELSEA HELM. NO PERSONAL CHECKS will be accepted. Payment must be received NO LATER THAN MAY 1ST, otherwise the fowl will go to the next highest bidder.


    4. Donors of the fowl will be notified of the name and address of the successful bidder of their fowl when payment is received.


    5. Successful bidders will pick up their fowl at the premises of the donor during the month of MAY “or” they will make arrangements satisfactory with the donor to mail the fowl during that period at bidder’s expense. No shipments will be made outside the continental United States. Advance payment for shipping must be made to the donor “BEFORE” the fowl will be shipped.


    6. OTHER CONDITIONS OF BIDS - There will be no negotiating on prices or payment, no return of bid money, no guarantee of satisfaction. Bids are to be made based on the bidder's confidence in the breeder who is donating the fowl. Bidder will not make additional conditions to those set forth in this ad. Bids which are not clear or which add unacceptable conditions will NOT be considered.

    7. THERE IS A MINIMUM BID OF $100 PER BIRD. Breeder will hold birds for up to 30 days after payment of birds is made to the ALGBA. If buyer DOES NOT pay shipping within 30 days or make arrangement with donor, money will be considered a donation. Birds will not be held indefinitely anymore. Donors will pick birds to ship unless otherwise allowed by owner.

    8. EVERYONE is invited to bid on these fowl as outlined above.



    Auction List:

    1. Jerry Adkins (Slick Lizard) – trio of Sweaters
    2. Brian Corkren - trio of Sweaters
    3. Chris Nesmith (Blackwater) – bidder’s choice: trio of Sweaters or trio of Gilmores or trio of Hatch
    4. Jason Daniel (Gator Farms) – Gator Yellow Leg Hatch stag
    5. Bobby Payton – bidder’s choice: pair of Leipers or pair of McLeans
    6. Bruce Barnett - trio of Sweaters (*** will ship in the fall ***)
    7. Bobby Ward (Showtime) – bidder’s choice: Kelso stag or Leiper stag or Asil stag
    8. Larry Romero (Green Jeans) - Albany stag
    9. Gene Batia – bidder’s choice: - YL Hatch or GL Hatch or Sweater pullet (2 auctioned off separately)
    10. Nathan Jumper – Cecil Davis Kelso pullet (2 auctioned off separately)
    11. Jason Marcum (Lacy Ridge) - pair of Simbeck Roundheads
    12. Mike Mizell - Leiper hen
    13. Greg Hyde – bidder’s choice: Roundhead stag or Roundhead pullet
    14. Rick Lindsey - pair of McLean hens
    15. Wayne Greer – bidder’s choice: Yellow Leg pullet or Grey stag
    16. Tony O’Brian – pair of Whitehackles
    17. Sonny Poe – pair of Lacy Roundheads (stag and pullet)
    18. Allen Hinds - pair of Roundheads
    19. Larry Lingerfelt - pair of Asils
    20. Clyde Nelson – Yellow Leg Hatch hen
    21. Jayson Campbell – bidder’s choice: Sweater pair or C.C. Kelso pair or Leiper pair
    22. Briar Patch Farm – 20K Kelso hen
    23. Kerry Welch – bidder’s choice: pair of Willow Hatch hens or pair of McLean hens
    24. Casey Kelley - Sweater stag
    25. Cigar Hunt – pair of Ruble Hatch
    26. Don & Bridgett Potter (Potterrosa Gamefowl Farm) – White Claret pullet
    27. Doug McDougal – T-shirts


    The Alabama Gamefowl Breeders Association would like to thank (in advance) all those that participate in our mail-in auction and encourage you to consider contacting these breeders (that have supported us/donated fowl this year) for your brood stock needs, both now, and in the future.

  2. Likes roostercm, chester liked this post
  3. #2
    Senior Member INCUBUS06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    1,397
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Alabama Gamefowl Breeders Association 2018 auctiion

    Mail in bids .....good if it was still 1960

    Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk

  4. Likes aguazarca, roostercm liked this post
  5. #3
    Senior Member Nauvoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    AL uhh BAM uhh
    Posts
    2,155
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Alabama Gamefowl Breeders Association 2018 auctiion

    That’s true, but it’s a silent auction, bid one time what you’re willing to pay, if you don’t win, either someone out bid you or they took the bid of someone they like and lost $$. I believe this is the auction that Bamaokie got his start of Woods Rhs from.
    Last edited by Nauvoo; February 13th, 2018 at 10:55 AM.

  6. Likes KevinG, Cajun_Agimat liked this post
  7. #4
    Senior Member aguazarca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    México
    Posts
    1,263
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Alabama Gamefowl Breeders Association 2018 auctiion

    Why did you guys choose to not run an online auction? Is the ALGBA auction always a silent one?

  8. #5
    Senior Member Nauvoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    AL uhh BAM uhh
    Posts
    2,155
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Alabama Gamefowl Breeders Association 2018 auctiion

    Mr. Potter can answer more accurately, but yes it’s been an annual event for several years. Like I say, I believe Tim won his first Woods Lacy from this auction back in the late 90s to early 2000s and then went to Mr. Woods and made a pair.

  9. Likes Camarines liked this post
  10. #6
    Moderator CIGAR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,495
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Alabama Gamefowl Breeders Association 2018 auctiion

    Quote Originally Posted by aguazarca View Post
    Why did you guys choose to not run an online auction? Is the ALGBA auction always a silent one?

    algba was done like this every year.... the live one is ugba

  11. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    2,121
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Alabama Gamefowl Breeders Association 2018 auctiion

    A lot good breeders on there...........

  12. Likes HeavyD liked this post
  13. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Waco/lorena, tx
    Posts
    37
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Alabama Gamefowl Breeders Association 2018 auctiion

    Is there anyway you can see a picture of what your bidding on?

  14. Likes Skincarver liked this post
  15. #9
    Senior Member HeavyD's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    NW Florida
    Posts
    656
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Alabama Gamefowl Breeders Association 2018 auctiion

    Quote Originally Posted by TopNotchfarms View Post
    A lot good breeders on there...........
    For sure! And a lot of the names some guys may not recognize are first class as well

  16. #10
    Senior Member Skincarver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    1,091
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Alabama Gamefowl Breeders Association 2018 auctiion

    Anyone have any info about number 16 ?

  17. Thanks Cajun_Agimat thanked for this post
    Likes Cajun_Agimat liked this post
  18. #11
    Senior Member Nauvoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    AL uhh BAM uhh
    Posts
    2,155
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Alabama Gamefowl Breeders Association 2018 auctiion

    Quote Originally Posted by Skincarver View Post
    Anyone have any info about number 16 ?
    I believe they’re Morgans but that’s about all I’ve heard. If he’s got them, they came from a quality source if nothing else.

  19. Thanks Skincarver, Cajun_Agimat thanked for this post
    Likes Cajun_Agimat liked this post
  20. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    106
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Alabama Gamefowl Breeders Association 2018 auctiion

    Quote Originally Posted by Nauvoo View Post
    I believe they’re Morgans but that’s about all I’ve heard. If he’s got them, they came from a quality source if nothing else.
    Tonys Whitehackles are the Norm Terry Morgans

  21. Thanks Skincarver, Nauvoo thanked for this post
  22. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,354
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Alabama Gamefowl Breeders Association 2018 auctiion

    Anyone have any info as well about #22? Thanks

  23. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    2,121
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Alabama Gamefowl Breeders Association 2018 auctiion

    Quote Originally Posted by FILAMEX View Post
    Anyone have any info as well about #22? Thanks
    Iv seen those befor there beast

  24. Thanks FILAMEX thanked for this post
  25. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    39
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Alabama Gamefowl Breeders Association 2018 auctiion

    What type of asils is Larry Lingerfelt auctioning?


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  26. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,354
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Alabama Gamefowl Breeders Association 2018 auctiion

    Quote Originally Posted by TopNotchfarms View Post
    Iv seen those befor there beast
    Hello TopNotch, if at all possible, can you tell me what feather and leg color they have? And do they come P- combed or Straight Comb? Thanks

  27. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    65
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Alabama Gamefowl Breeders Association 2018 auctiion

    22 pea comb yellow legged

  28. Thanks FILAMEX thanked for this post
  29. #18
    Moderator CIGAR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,495
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Alabama Gamefowl Breeders Association 2018 auctiion

    20k kelso is generally pea head and come yellow and white leg......

  30. Thanks FILAMEX thanked for this post
  31. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    ky
    Posts
    254
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Alabama Gamefowl Breeders Association 2018 auctiion

    what are the asils being offered from #7 & #19
    Quote Originally Posted by DPotter View Post
    It’s time once again for Alabama to host the ALGBA mail-in auction. We want to THANK all those who choose to help by donating fowl and would also like to thank the buyers of these fine Gamefowl. If you win more than one, you will be expected to pay for what you win. Winning bidder will pay shipping. Auction begins Feb 1, 2018 and ends on March 31st, 2018. Winning bidder will be notified by April 10, 2018. Payment will be due by May 1st, 2018.

    1. The breeders and the brood fowl they have donated to the AUCTION are listed at the bottom of the ad. Bidders will mail their bids to CHELSEA HELM P.O. BOX 241 ATMORE, AL. 36504 The ALGBA office phone number is (850) 327-6864. Bids must state: (A) the fowl being bid on and the name of the donor. (B) the amount of the bid (C) the name, address, and the phone number of bidder, to be considered in the AUCTION. Bids must be received NO LATER THAN April 1st, 2018. Please submit each bid on a separate page.


    2. The high bidders will be notified that they are the successful bidders and have until May 1, 2018 to send in the money. Low bidders will NOT be notified………………ONLY THE HIGH BIDDERS WILL BE NOTIFIED.


    3. The high bidders must send a Postal Money Order or a Cashier’s Check made out to the ALGBA in the amount of their bid to CHELSEA HELM. NO PERSONAL CHECKS will be accepted. Payment must be received NO LATER THAN MAY 1ST, otherwise the fowl will go to the next highest bidder.


    4. Donors of the fowl will be notified of the name and address of the successful bidder of their fowl when payment is received.


    5. Successful bidders will pick up their fowl at the premises of the donor during the month of MAY “or” they will make arrangements satisfactory with the donor to mail the fowl during that period at bidder’s expense. No shipments will be made outside the continental United States. Advance payment for shipping must be made to the donor “BEFORE” the fowl will be shipped.


    6. OTHER CONDITIONS OF BIDS - There will be no negotiating on prices or payment, no return of bid money, no guarantee of satisfaction. Bids are to be made based on the bidder's confidence in the breeder who is donating the fowl. Bidder will not make additional conditions to those set forth in this ad. Bids which are not clear or which add unacceptable conditions will NOT be considered.

    7. THERE IS A MINIMUM BID OF $100 PER BIRD. Breeder will hold birds for up to 30 days after payment of birds is made to the ALGBA. If buyer DOES NOT pay shipping within 30 days or make arrangement with donor, money will be considered a donation. Birds will not be held indefinitely anymore. Donors will pick birds to ship unless otherwise allowed by owner.

    8. EVERYONE is invited to bid on these fowl as outlined above.



    Auction List:

    1. Jerry Adkins (Slick Lizard) – trio of Sweaters
    2. Brian Corkren - trio of Sweaters
    3. Chris Nesmith (Blackwater) – bidder’s choice: trio of Sweaters or trio of Gilmores or trio of Hatch
    4. Jason Daniel (Gator Farms) – Gator Yellow Leg Hatch stag
    5. Bobby Payton – bidder’s choice: pair of Leipers or pair of McLeans
    6. Bruce Barnett - trio of Sweaters (*** will ship in the fall ***)
    7. Bobby Ward (Showtime) – bidder’s choice: Kelso stag or Leiper stag or Asil stag
    8. Larry Romero (Green Jeans) - Albany stag
    9. Gene Batia – bidder’s choice: - YL Hatch or GL Hatch or Sweater pullet (2 auctioned off separately)
    10. Nathan Jumper – Cecil Davis Kelso pullet (2 auctioned off separately)
    11. Jason Marcum (Lacy Ridge) - pair of Simbeck Roundheads
    12. Mike Mizell - Leiper hen
    13. Greg Hyde – bidder’s choice: Roundhead stag or Roundhead pullet
    14. Rick Lindsey - pair of McLean hens
    15. Wayne Greer – bidder’s choice: Yellow Leg pullet or Grey stag
    16. Tony O’Brian – pair of Whitehackles
    17. Sonny Poe – pair of Lacy Roundheads (stag and pullet)
    18. Allen Hinds - pair of Roundheads
    19. Larry Lingerfelt - pair of Asils
    20. Clyde Nelson – Yellow Leg Hatch hen
    21. Jayson Campbell – bidder’s choice: Sweater pair or C.C. Kelso pair or Leiper pair
    22. Briar Patch Farm – 20K Kelso hen
    23. Kerry Welch – bidder’s choice: pair of Willow Hatch hens or pair of McLean hens
    24. Casey Kelley - Sweater stag
    25. Cigar Hunt – pair of Ruble Hatch
    26. Don & Bridgett Potter (Potterrosa Gamefowl Farm) – White Claret pullet
    27. Doug McDougal – T-shirts


    The Alabama Gamefowl Breeders Association would like to thank (in advance) all those that participate in our mail-in auction and encourage you to consider contacting these breeders (that have supported us/donated fowl this year) for your brood stock needs, both now, and in the future.

  32. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    2,121
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Alabama Gamefowl Breeders Association 2018 auctiion

    Quote Originally Posted by FILAMEX View Post
    Hello TopNotch, if at all possible, can you tell me what feather and leg color they have? And do they come P- combed or Straight Comb? Thanks
    Pea comb yellow legs wicked birds for sure good luck

  33. Thanks FILAMEX thanked for this post
  34. #21
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    ky
    Posts
    254
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Alabama Gamefowl Breeders Association 2018 auctiion

    DPotter can you tell which asil Larry Lingerfelt and Bob Ward have for the auction? Seems Lingerfelt has 3-4 familys and I have searched for the Ward asil on here but can't find any specific info.

  35. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,354
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Alabama Gamefowl Breeders Association 2018 auctiion

    Quote Originally Posted by CIGAR View Post
    20k kelso is generally pea head and come yellow and white leg......
    What color feathers do they have? And what type of show are they best for? Thanks

  36. #23
    Senior Member spring creek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    alabama
    Posts
    3,249
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Alabama Gamefowl Breeders Association 2018 auctiion

    Quote Originally Posted by FILAMEX View Post
    Anyone have any info as well about #22? Thanks
    I know him I'm sure his come from Bruce Barnett because he helps Bruce a lot on his farm but I'm not a 100% That's where they come from.

  37. Thanks FILAMEX thanked for this post
  38. #24
    Senior Member HeavyD's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    NW Florida
    Posts
    656
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Alabama Gamefowl Breeders Association 2018 auctiion

    Quote Originally Posted by catfish1947 View Post
    DPotter can you tell which asil Larry Lingerfelt and Bob Ward have for the auction? Seems Lingerfelt has 3-4 familys and I have searched for the Ward asil on here but can't find any specific info.
    [IMG][/IMG]


    I don't know what line they are but this is one of bob wards asil cocks.

  39. #25
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    ky
    Posts
    254
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Alabama Gamefowl Breeders Association 2018 auctiion

    Thanks. Is this a grade as he looks like some of my kelso grades
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyD View Post
    [IMG][/IMG]


    I don't know what line they are but this is one of bob wards asil cocks.

  40. #26
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    ky
    Posts
    254
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Alabama Gamefowl Breeders Association 2018 auctiion

    HeavyD that is a good looking rooster

  41. #27
    Senior Member HeavyD's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    NW Florida
    Posts
    656
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Alabama Gamefowl Breeders Association 2018 auctiion

    I can't speak for him, i am friends with bob on facebook and the pic is his. He says it's pure . I have seen his in person and they are nice. Im not an oriental guy but if i wanted some i would call bob

  42. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,354
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Alabama Gamefowl Breeders Association 2018 auctiion

    Quote Originally Posted by spring creek View Post
    I know him I'm sure his come from Bruce Barnett because he helps Bruce a lot on his farm but I'm not a 100% That's where they come from.
    Thanks bud. Have you seen them 20K Kelso? So it seems like they come P-comb, and are white or yellow legs. Just wondering though about their feather colors. I'm just guessing that they are dark red and light red, but I could be wrong. And by the way, do they usually come high stationed?

  43. #29
    Senior Member spring creek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    alabama
    Posts
    3,249
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Alabama Gamefowl Breeders Association 2018 auctiion

    Quote Originally Posted by FILAMEX View Post
    Thanks bud. Have you seen them 20K Kelso? So it seems like they come P-comb, and are white or yellow legs. Just wondering though about their feather colors. I'm just guessing that they are dark red and light red, but I could be wrong. And by the way, do they usually come high stationed?
    There mmm ot real dark or real light kinda a medium red color from what I can remember go to utube and type in Bruce Barnett and there some on there of Bruce and the 20k hope this helps you.

  44. Thanks FILAMEX thanked for this post
  45. #30
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    ky
    Posts
    254
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Alabama Gamefowl Breeders Association 2018 auctiion

    I had been browsing the breeding of asil grade thread and came back here and posted that looked like my kelso grade but was thinking of roosters on that thread. My bad. Thanks again HeavyD for taking time to post the picture.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyD View Post
    I can't speak for him, i am friends with bob on facebook and the pic is his. He says it's pure . I have seen his in person and they are nice. Im not an oriental guy but if i wanted some i would call bob

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •