Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pick up and go

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pick up and go

Do you prefer microwave food over fine dining ? A chef uses a lot of ingredients in small proportions that contribute to ameal , but it is easier to buy a hot pocket and nuke it ... Neither are wrong because in Cali everything is acceptable

Post Thanks / Like

Ok guys let’s see if we can get this back on track. Any one out there with some good feedback on Oklahoma? The good the bad and the ugly lol

3. Likes CA whitetoppy06 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gavilancillo View Post
    Ok guys let’s see if we can get this back on track. Any one out there with some good feedback on Oklahoma? The good the bad and the ugly lol
    I take care of the ugly part in the sooner state lol

5. Likes Nauvoo, El_Gavilancillo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

How’s the weather out there JLF ? What’s harsher the winter months or summer months ? Maybe what some of Mother Nature has thrown your way lol

Post Thanks / Like

How’s the weather out there JLF ? What’s harsher the winter months or summer months ? Maybe what some of Mother Nature has thrown your way lol
    The winters arent too bad in my part of the state in the southeast. Had a few weeks of ice busting weather total this past winter. The summers can be brutal for the most part but there is alot of shade on the farm here

8. Likes El_Gavilancillo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JLF2.0 View Post
    The winters arent too bad in my part of the state in the southeast. Had a few weeks of ice busting weather total this past winter. The summers can be brutal for the most part but there is alot of shade on the farm here
    What about natural disasters. What is Oklahoma known for ?

Post Thanks / Like

What about natural disasters. What is Oklahoma known for ?
    Tornados mostly stay in the central part of the state.. Im in the hills we dont have alot of that activity here but have a lot more varmits to deal with im sure than back west

11. Likes White thai, El_Gavilancillo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Tornados mostly stay in the central part of the state.. Im in the hills we dont have alot of that activity here but have a lot more varmits to deal with im sure than back west

Nobody mentions Colorado Mountain High.. Im sure the weather and Predators are an issue but Id think there would be some real nice Gamefowl areas..

and ofcourse up in the Appalachian mountains but could be rather problematic..

-North to Alaska-

13. Likes El_Gavilancillo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CA whitetoppy06 View Post
    Nobody mentions Colorado Mountain High.. I’m sure the weather and Predators are an issue but I’d think there would be some real nice Gamefowl areas..

and ofcourse up in the Appalachian mountains but could be rather problematic..

-North to Alaska-
    Colorado is probably the most liberal state in the country they just dont have the population to prove it. Highly doubt many gamefowl folk live in Colorado.

15. Likes CA whitetoppy06, El_Gavilancillo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It just depends on where in Colorado. Where I live it is very hot in the Summer. We get extreme cold but not much snow. Depends on where but the land is good for the most part. A lot of people with fowl up here but nobody is advertising it because of the laws. If I were to chose a place I would go somewhere warmer tbh. Phillipines or Mexico would be nice.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by river city reds View Post
    There is no substitute for [environment] when breeding and raising gamefowl.While I love the Philippines and it's people,the healthiest fowl in the world are bred in the good ole U.S.A.While the PI is the perfect testing ground the US is the perfect breeding ground.We are lucky to have 4 distinct seasons and where fowl can enjoy their natural [cycle] of life.We also enjoy the most fertile,and rich soil.The PI on the other hand is a tropical environment where it never gets cold enough to kill diseases' and insects,etc.The best all around gamefowl are bred and produced in the Southeast U.S.It's not because we have better fowl,it's because we have better conditions.This is only my opinion.
    Yes the only problem in the Philippines is the climate.
    Because there is no winter we have to fumigate our breeding area each year coz diseases hang around.
    The plus is we can find a Pit open every day.

18. Thanks river city reds thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Colorado is probably the most liberal state in the country they just dont have the population to prove it. Highly doubt many gamefowl folk live in Colorado.
    Colorado is not nearly as liberal as California and there are more gamecocks in Cali than anywhere. Just saying.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jdtennessee View Post
    Colorado is not nearly as liberal as California and there are more gamecocks in Cali than anywhere. Just saying.
    Did you not see where I mentioned "population to prove it" I think colorado has like 5 million ppl and cali has like 40 million. So the combo of their small poplulation being a blue state thats never been known for gamefowl I bet im right theres not many gamefowl folk. And 95% of the raids I hear about are from cali so you're dead on the money about them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Quapaw Kid View Post
    Do you prefer microwave food over fine dining ? A chef uses a lot of ingredients in small proportions that contribute to ameal , but it is easier to buy a hot pocket and nuke it ... Neither are wrong because in Cali everything is acceptable
    I prefer to kill it and then cook it over coals myself, seems to end up better than either of those options.

22. Likes LaBlue, mctrott1, airjammer88 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Nauvoo between the pics of your birds on here and that statement above, I think we'd get along quote well friend, happy cocking and cooking

24. Likes LaBlue, Nauvoo liked this post