Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910

Thread: Good feeder or good heeler.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Good feeder or good heeler.

Quote Originally Posted by Quapaw Kid View Post
    I know mammals control their bodies functions from a spot in the brain stem , the struggle to keep all functions normal is called homeostasis but I can't remember if that applies to birds and such .. Especially cold blooded stuff or lower brained

Birds might regulate also , but when on point they are not running in normal parameters .. Homeostasis fights being on point ... They can be homeostatic for weeks but on point only for hours
    Taking any living entity out of homeostasis WEAKENS THEM.........................

Post Thanks / Like

It sounds like the question is would it be worse to have roosters that were not fed perfectly when going into a fight or would it be worse to have roosters that were not heeled properly and going to a fight. in my opinion I would choose to have roosters that were not fed right but heeled perfectly. This is my opinion based on the LK

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MONGOOSE View Post
    I think different. If a bird is SO FAR OUT OF SHAPE. A keep will tear him down.
    If I decided to train you for a fight. I make you run 3- 10 miles a day for 3 weeks. Make you change your diet to only Whole Foods. Only meat is seafood. Give you amino acids, vitamins, oriental erbs. Stick you in the ring and spar 4 days a week. Make you do foot drills, sprints, explosive exercises. After 3 weeks your body would be in SHOCK. sore muscles, tight muscles, lactic acid build up, sore joints and mentally depleted. HOW CAN WE ASK A GAMECOCKS MUSCLES TO DO SOMETHING WE CANT? Muscle is muscle. It needs proper conditioning, which requires a CONTINUOUS KEEP.

100% agree , I said a keep is needed but shoulda said " they " think one is .

When you take an animal out of shape , overweight and not healthy ... You strip down under there is less at the core than folks think and the stress will hurt them too . When I bring a hound home to hunt that is fat and not hunted , I found out that fat animals are actually poor under there ...

Ive said many times before , if you aren't feeding a " treat " regular so that it is part of heir diet and incorporated into their digestive chemistry then forget it .. You can't have a willow tree and after its grown make it a hardwood .. Your raising is your core that is set in stone pretty much ...

Post Thanks / Like

Homeostasis INCLUDES body PH. You can change body PH by changing the diet—-Giving something there body isn’t familiar with, disrupt digestion, which effects body PH. Over worked muscles increases lactic acid in the muscles.
    Changing PH WILL change oxygen intake for the muscles. Meaning muscles WONT get oxygen.
    My point is people do all this crap to a rooster and the poor animal STILL CAN WIN. They often win in spite of the idiot care taker. They are amazing animals.
    You never Fck with body PH. If you do it must be slowly and gradual over a much longer period of time than 3 chicken $hit weeks!

Post Thanks / Like

Taking any living entity out of homeostasis WEAKENS THEM.........................

There are good and bad stress ... Good and bad ways to come away from homeostasis .. Maybe an alpha wolf doesn't live as long as others or is hard on his body .. But it's in a good way

Post Thanks / Like

Homeostasis INCLUDES body PH. You can change body PH by changing the diet—-Giving something there body isn’t familiar with, disrupt digestion, which effects body PH. Over worked muscles increases lactic acid in the muscles.
    Changing PH WILL change oxygen intake for the muscles. Meaning muscles WONT get oxygen.
    My point is people do all this crap to a rooster and the poor animal STILL CAN WIN. They often win in spite of the idiot care taker. They are amazing animals.
    You never Fck with body PH. If you do it must be slowly and gradual over a much longer period of time than 3 chicken $hit weeks!

So , what chance would a show that was tortured like that against their equal brothers in the hands of a real feeder ?

Post Thanks / Like

100% agree , I said a keep is needed but shoulda said " they " think one is .

When you take an animal out of shape , overweight and not healthy ... You strip down under there is less at the core than folks think and the stress will hurt them too . When I bring a hound home to hunt that is fat and not hunted , I found out that fat animals are actually poor under there ...

Ive said many times before , if you aren't feeding a " treat " regular so that it is part of heir diet and incorporated into their digestive chemistry then forget it .. You can't have a willow tree and after its grown make it a hardwood .. Your raising is your core that is set in stone pretty much ...
    Many many years ago as a young man I worked as a state fire fighter. There were times when we didn’t eat for over 16-20 hours. I learned without food YOU WILL HIT A WALL. We worked our a$$ off. I learned the hard way that the thinner you were the quicker your body would shut down. Fat boys could go with no problem as long as they had water. I would shake, my ankles would buckle, muscles would weaken.
    I learned to keep beef jerky and hard candy in my nomex. I could go all day with no problem. Was I “pointing” myself? No. I was just keeping my sugars up and the protein kept my endurance up. It wasn’t any special formula keep. It was common sense that I learned myself. I tried different foods. These were the best.

Post Thanks / Like

So , what chance would a show that was tortured like that against their equal brothers in the hands of a real feeder ?
    Thats my point. The moron putting his birds thru hell is going to make the guy who doesn’t do much look like Albert Einstein. It’s not that these guys are so smart. It’s just common sense IF YOUVE DONE IT TO YOURSELF.
    I use to box for fun. Everyone said “carb load”yourself. Fck that. It didn’t make me feel better or prepared. I got there STARVING. STOMACH hurting and growling. What worked was just eating a little salmon. Very small amounts just to keep the edge off and a little bit of candy.
    Try carb loading yourself before an endurance exertion. See how good it makes you feel.
    Im not talking about running a 26 mile marathon. That could be a different story. I wouldn’t know. I’m not a marathon runner. Never ran more than 6 miles a few times a week. I never carb loaded.
    I also believe that the FAT in the salmon was very helpful.
    Last edited by MONGOOSE; April 16th, 2018 at 07:44 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

And as well , the guy not doing much makes a real feeder look like Einstein ...

Post Thanks / Like

And as well , the guy not doing much makes a real feeder look like Einstein ...
    I could be wrong but to me a good feeder is just using common sense. I’ve always been very active. It’s always been second nature to me on how to get the most out of my body. Muscle is muscle. The dynamics of it are EXACTLY the same. I will state the obvious. A gamecock is the tuffest animal in the world period. It can survive an idiots care. We could never do that. A gamecock is far tuffer than us.

11. Likes river city reds liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

A pit bull is the toughest animal , and mammals do feel more pain than birds ... A gamecock is gamer , but they don't register pain or push through it like a mammal

They way a bird can use strychnine and other stimulants in different ways is why you can take tem to a higher point level than animals

Post Thanks / Like

A pit bull is the toughest animal , and mammals do feel more pain than birds ... A gamecock is gamer , but they don't register pain or push through it like a mammal

They way a bird can use strychnine and other stimulants in different ways is why you can take tem to a higher point level than animals
    Well, there bred for the same thing as a cock. Knew a guy in the 90’s who was into that seriously. He implied that like gamecocks, there’s just not one way to win in his game. He gave me some examples. He wasn’t that in love with Pbulls.

Post Thanks / Like

So u still just can't answer the question I think u really do have another account u 2 dodge more questions than a dunghill u say dumb$hit then don't wanna answer when the question is put out there

15. Likes grey/dom liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ticc View Post
    So how many have u had kill each other with muffs on easy question for u no bull$hit answer about what u think. How many 60pt games did Jordan have in practise then or what's the most TDs did Payton Manning throw in a practice. How many homers did bonds hit in practice since they keep all of these and why don't they claim them
    A pure Claret cock sired the 97' Hawaiin derby winners and just too many to list beyond that .. His get put over a half million dollars in the bank .. And put more in mine than I'd ever seen .. He got vent fleet and was given to me . At 7 yrs old he consistently coupled , wry necked and brain blowed healthy cocks .

Post Thanks / Like

If you are a good feeder/ handler. You have a good selection.

And I dnt think you will feed/handle a bad breed, a bad cock.

Same as good heeler will not heel a crooked leg. Period

whatz the fuzz all about?

just saying. Duh! Some wannabee cockers but all books and no experienced. Lol

Post Thanks / Like

If you take a poll on anything that takes mich intelligence or skill and you better not be following what the majority say .

What if you pull those aces off the roost in a blizzard ? Rain? Three days of hard wind ? You'd get em creamed ... You can't argue that you will do better with better ...
    LOL , well now that first part might be true, I guess since the internet surely most people capable of learning have gotten a little smarter . Some smart from experience , some smart only by what they can look up and some just never aren't gonna get it no matter what .
    But Im talking about just plain ole common sense .Hopefully most would have enough common sense to know not to take one of the walk in those situations or yeah the chances are high they would get creamed. Im talking in all favorable conditions no handicaps of any kind on either party.
    I didn't want to give my opinion till a few more had responded but here goes. In my opinion I would have to put money on the walked cock. But in all honesty I think it would boil down to who had the better rooster and who had the luck. At the end of the day we may all do things different trying to reach the same results and if all conditions are favorable , no matter how they are bred , fed or heeled it all comes down to , as they say back in legal days its a damn rooster fight .Usually the one that cut first , fastest and deepest will win but a good feeder can help a rooster in that area. But he has to have it in his breeding the want to, to get up or come from behind and the will to win. If not the best feeder in the world will not help that.Thats what I meant when I said in my first post a rooster can never perform above his breeding.

Post Thanks / Like

If you're going to argue with qk on the rules, atleast know them yourselves! Y'all would be wise to freshen up on them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Skincarver View Post
    LOL , well now that first part might be true, I guess since the internet surely most people capable of learning have gotten a little smarter . Some smart from experience , some smart only by what they can look up and some just never aren't gonna get it no matter what .
    But Im talking about just plain ole common sense .Hopefully most would have enough common sense to know not to take one of the walk in those situations or yeah the chances are high they would get creamed. Im talking in all favorable conditions no handicaps of any kind on either party.
    I didn't want to give my opinion till a few more had responded but here goes. In my opinion I would have to put money on the walked cock. But in all honesty I think it would boil down to who had the better rooster and who had the luck. At the end of the day we may all do things different trying to reach the same results and if all conditions are favorable , no matter how they are bred , fed or heeled it all comes down to , as they say back in legal days its a damn rooster fight .Usually the one that cut first , fastest and deepest will win but a good feeder can help a rooster in that area. But he has to have it in his breeding the want to, to get up or come from behind and the will to win. If not the best feeder in the world will not help that.Thats what I meant when I said in my first post a rooster can never perform above his breeding.
    You wouldn't win because the weather is rarely perfect on show day ... and if I sparred mine , gentled them and pointed them ... I'd eat yours up because they would have no clue what to do and have very little focus . You can't give away that aspect of the game against good competition

Post Thanks / Like

So this super cock did all of this coupling,braining and wry neck all these roosters with muffs on right I got that right qk with MUFFS ON how much of that killer blood do u still have and why would u need any other breeds but him hell sounds like u should have put that million dollars to cloning him instead of wasting ur time here trying to teach us what u read I mean what u know. But he didn't kill the other birds either right hhhhhmmmmm must be one of those Jordan scoring 60 in practise deals

Post Thanks / Like

I could be wrong but to me a good feeder is just using common sense. I’ve always been very active. It’s always been second nature to me on how to get the most out of my body. Muscle is muscle. The dynamics of it are EXACTLY the same. I will state the obvious. A gamecock is the tuffest animal in the world period. It can survive an idiots care. We could never do that. A gamecock is far tuffer than us.
    Very true statement MONGOOSE.Nothing breathing is as tough as a true Gamecock.I would say that Floyd Boudreau had as good of Game dogs as anybody.He also had Gamefowl.Ask him which were the gamest.Fighting in a natural setting with natural tools is one thing.[Biting].Fighting in the steel is something else.No comparison.

Post Thanks / Like

What came first, the chicken or the egg

Post Thanks / Like

The chicken did

Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Noshow View Post
    What came first, the chicken or the egg
    Neither...since we got so many scientists on this thread a single celled organism crawled outta the ocean and poof here we r...or so they say...so the single celled organism came first then everything else

Lucas

Post Thanks / Like

Yes sir, that or the Almighty. Whichever a man chooses to believe , maybe a combination of both.

Post Thanks / Like

You wouldn't win because the weather is rarely perfect on show day ... and if I sparred mine , gentled them and pointed them ... I'd eat yours up because they would have no clue what to do and have very little focus . You can't give away that aspect of the game against good competition
    LOL, Im glad youre so sure on that.I always liked watching a confident fellow reach into that fat billfold to shell out the green lol . I got a story with the same scenario I just described. Back in the day we were at a club one of the entries had brought extra roosters and asked the owner if he wanted to hack one after the derby.That same fellow went on to win the derby and was a crowd favorite. The pit owner had a big Blueface cock on the walk there , I saw them run him down corner and catch him in the barn. He was squawking way above the laughter of the crowd while they heeled him. Lots of odds were threw down.He was still squawking as they came into the pit.When they turned them loose all the laughing stopped as the ole Blueface absolutely annihilated the other cock in the first two pittings. Not saying things would go down this way every time but it sure was an eye opener for me and the majority of the crowd that day of what just a good gamecock could do alone . After it was over the owner said well that makes 5 times Ive caught him off the walk like that. If it was a lie he told it . I don't thonk there was a rooster shown that day would have whipped him.

28. Thanks KevinG thanked for this post
    Likes KevinG, vizzard n tassl liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Before a derby a guy wanted to hack one. He met into a tuff entry and went in and killed the cock instantly. The guy all cocky asked “anyone else ?”. Another very good entry said I got one. They never took the heels off the bird. First buckel another dead bird. He hold him up again and said “anyone else”? Another guy said yes I got one. He killed that bird too.
    3 time winner in one day! This man didn’t win the derby and interesting enough didn’t think this bird deserved to be in the derby. I wonder. Did he forget how to select and prepare the other derby birds that were in his entry?
    My thoughts are he threw that hack cock out cause he was OFF. He didnt initially hack him for much. This man is very much into a traditional keep and pointing.
    Last edited by MONGOOSE; April 17th, 2018 at 03:29 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I've been around alot of traditional feeders that really did the work and read all the keeps everyone else has and videos ... I don't know a single one of them are pointing cocks , they really strictly on just empty and what they think is correct moisture. They hit that mark nearly every day on the cord .

31. Likes Noshow liked this post