Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Who is more dominant ore prepotent when you breed, the Hen ore the cock?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who is more dominant ore prepotent when you breed, the Hen ore the cock?

Quote Originally Posted by McGray321 View Post
    I have all ways heard the pullets take after the cock and the stags take after then hen don't know if thats how it works
    It does for the most part but its not a 100 percent of the time. As a general rule of thumb, yes. For instance we had this Mclean cock that when bred over Mugg, Albany and RH did very well, winners. They took after him alot and maybe that Mclean blood of his was just compatible with everything who knows. Was it him or also that I was fortunate to choose the right hens which also came from good lineage?? I dont know but
    Ive yet had one since that did that well. I always crossed the hell out of him for the obvious that by the time I went back to him he was an old man and I wasnt able to make a good blueprint of him. Thats one of the dumb things I did 20 years ago.
    SF
    Last edited by KevinG; March 1st, 2020 at 12:13 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who is more dominant ore prepotent when you breed, the Hen ore the cock?

Cutting ability yes but gameness not always