Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Standing on the line

Post Thanks / Like

Standing on the line

Would say a 2 inch knife on a rushing rooster be a problem for those roosters that just stand there when pitted,only thing i know about lk is that i like to watch it ,but i just dont understand standing there drives me nuts beause in gaff if you stand there your goin to loose

2. Likes nem76, Al Sanchez, RHman1026 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Standing on the line

I agree completely. I want a cock to break quick and on top whether the other cock breaks or not. To me, if the cock that closes on the "smart" cock and keeps his eyes on him, he will climb up and thru said cock. I fought my RHs in long gaff and long knife with good results. I could live with losing 25% to "smart" cocks. Personally, being smart is a culling point for me, especially in gaff. Most times a cock that don't want to meet a cock is a cock that don't want to fight a down cock except maybe a peck now and then. I like cocks that will fight another cock on sight, without billing and IMO any good RH will do this.

4. Likes lawgreyman14, deerhunter liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Its just funny to me how the phillipino cockers bring billed up roosters and flush and flirt and face off roosters before the fight but roosters still just stand there but the style rooster i raise you dont have to biuld them up at all just show them the rooster and set him down

Post Thanks / Like

I'm guessing yall are talking about like asil grades, or maybe like old syle McLean hatch in the LK?

Post Thanks / Like

Red i know nothing about lk but i see alot of lk cocks turn their backs and just walk around like a minute or so till the finally bump together just dont make since to me but I guess the philipino fighters are the best in the world with lk im not questioning the it just dont make since to an old gaffer help me understand

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Birdderfly View Post
    Red i know nothing about lk but i see alot of lk cocks turn their backs and just walk around like a minute or so till the finally bump together just dont make since to me but I guess the philipino fighters are the best in the world with lk im not questioning the it just dont make since to an old gaffer help me understand

You can watch farm videos of those same cocks sparring fast and aggressive .,. But those pits are big and at the derby those cocks are sharp as tacks ... It's not lack of aggression , those things are bowed up on their toes like a farm walk cock when he sees something and when they do move ... It's serious

9. Likes leonidas, Sig1911, MONGOOSE liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Im really impressed with them when they finally do go together its just the standing around before contact i whatched a video on jimbo cox blacks and he said if they dont stay on the line he culls them hard for me to understand

Post Thanks / Like

Ok yeah I understand, Charlie Johnson over about 30 minutes away from here, it used to drive him insane if a cock dicked around like that. Picking at the ground or running up flirting, instead of running up to take care of business. That was his number one gripe.

He would set a couple roosters down and they'd crash together, for one buckle, he'd set one aside for "hesitating" and grab two more when selecting fowl for something.

What I heard was Charlie marked down wing band numbers of cocks or stags that hesitated and fought them in the gaff, but wrote down they were unfit for breeding. After being fought once in the gaff he would sell them for the LK, as they knew what was coming and were going to be more aggressive. Thats second hand info you can take it with a grain of salt.

IIRC his Radios came from the man Mr. Bonns got his Radios from, that old man had infused McClanahan blood into them from Lee Smith, who got them from Hill directly. Hill told Lee the real mcclanahans were just 5\8 claret and 3\8 roundhead, the other side (pea combed) was bred backwards to that. But both sides line bred to set as a strain like that.

He told me how the Radios were bred, and one other outcross in that line he himself had made, I dont remember. I don't remember now who Dennis told me the old mans name was. It may have been Mr. Bonns' grandfather.

Yeah I know where you're coming from on aggression lol. I myself have fought the LK with mainly, Dom, or McClanahan, bred to a Penny, or Girrard cock, or just straight bred. The dom and mcclanahan didn't just rip into a fight like the crosses with the hatch in them, but worked their way over, got the other cock to make the first move then fought at angles. The straight bred fowl usually did better than the crosses. It takes all kinds in the long knife. But yeah the walking around and pecking, flirting, crowing, to me thats bs.

I got way off subject didn't I? Ummm the answer is the number purple.

Post Thanks / Like

I gotta get back out under my sons ford and change a fuel pump and clean out his rear gas tank. I'm going to make him clean out the front one and change the linkage in it so the gas gage for the front tank works and change the fuel filter...... Man I hate those quick connects they have on there.

Post Thanks / Like

So what your saying you need a possum playin tricky sneaky angle cock fo lk i got it

Post Thanks / Like

Also makes me nervous to see one dick around. But I'd bet if you watch the big knife derbies in the Philippines you'd see the cock to make the first aggression loses more times than not. The knife derbies I've seen in the US were much different. Usually went together like to bullets.

Post Thanks / Like

No more rusher type in Lk. We breed, trained them not to rush
    its like a draw. First move first mistake. Its like when you fly. I will fly higher than you
    when you attack. My frontal kick wil stop you.

We made them so smart that they might think to run to save their life. Lol

anyway. When they stand in the line and look at the other rooster. We know they are on point.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by grey/dom View Post
    No more rusher type in Lk. We breed, trained them not to rush
    its like a draw. First move first mistake. Its like when you fly. I will fly higher than you
    when you attack. My frontal kick wil stop you.

We made them so smart that they might think to run to save their life. Lol

anyway. When they stand in the line and look at the other rooster. We know they are on point.
    I know your right but who was the genius who figured that out who would of thought a stand there cock is what you need

17. Likes grey/dom liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It's a dunghill trait plain and simple.. The LK has done more to ruin gamefowl than anything. Right, wrong or indifferent its just a fact

19. Thanks Jailbird6 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It was probably like the doms and McClanahans I had, they were more aggressive with the Penny, or Girrard in them, but I had more purebred doms and McClanahans win clean.

I eventually just crossed the doms, to each other or to the mcclanahans for the knife. I wanted to try them with some radios and some sweaters i saw for the lk. I got a divorce though, and I really don't want to go into that, I was given trios of both the sweaters and the radios the fall before i got a divorce the next spring. All I can do is wonder what might have been.

Post Thanks / Like

A low scoring shot in the gaff is a winning shot in the LK.
    There’s very little room for error with LK. You don’t want to go out all hot headed. It’s easier to time a fast bird then it is to outspeed him.

22. Likes grey/dom liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JLF2.0 View Post
    It's a dunghill trait plain and simple.. The LK has done more to ruin gamefowl than anything. Right, wrong or indifferent its just a fact

I agree that breeding for knife hurts gameness and gaff cutting , but good gamecocks can be trained to counter and really sharp cocks will naturally be more inclined to play off the other cock

Those good cautious cocks are not the piddle farting culls of the batch ... They are the best ones trained and pointed ...

24. Likes grey/dom liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Friends hope one day you can bring your best and gamest birds and experience how to compete in The Philippine Long Knife.

26. Likes leonidas, grey/dom liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If you play our lk game. You will
    know. Ruinmgamefowl? And yet we are succesful building a
    billion industry on gamefowl. Facts and no bs.

We can bs all day and
    months and years but facts is you can
    not test the birds here and can not play the game
    how can you stay competitive.
    Here. We are behind bars of yesterdays old lines. Of their gameness.
    Even people change due times. Just face reality.

Irish game and english game can say the same about american game. Lol

lablue fights for lk he breeds also. Is his gamefowls gameness ruin because he fights lk?
    Only he can tell.

Gameness ruin because of lk is a myth.

My one peso.
    Last edited by grey/dom; June 12th, 2018 at 06:20 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Quapaw Kid View Post
    I agree that breeding for knife hurts gameness and gaff cutting , but good gamecocks can be trained to counter and really sharp cocks will naturally be more inclined to play off the other cock

Those good cautious cocks are not the piddle farting culls of the batch ... They are the best ones trained and pointed ...
    Trained or those traits bred in? In my experience bitter game cocks go right at another rooster with absolute hatred. Im not saying those sharp smart cocks that hesitate arent capable of putting a man in the winner circle regularly but its still a dunghill trait to not go right at another cock. I like a cock that will go get tangled up with one but then have the smarts to start timing him up on the exchanges

29. Likes E.Mullen, don128 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sig and dom.. Im not saying folks in the Philippines dont have a great thing going over there cuz id be lying if I said otherwise.. With that said im not talking about an industry or money.. Im talking solely about a GAMECOCK. Dom ill just call a spade a spade if you know what i mean when you refer to fowl not being tested in the U.S. Dont even try to play that card. Them phillipino sure do alot of gamefowl tours to be getting unproven fowl from here. Mark my words when all the folks who breed GAMECOCKS die out the true gamefowl will fade away. All you Will be left with are chickens that will fight long enough to kill each other with a sword tied on their leg. Nothing more

31. Thanks RHman1026 thanked for this post
    Likes RHman1026, Nauvoo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sig1911 View Post
    Friends hope one day you can bring your best and gamest birds and experience how to compete in The Philippine Long Knife.
    here they can test it. Buy a lk. Buy a gaff. Test brothers or same
    cock. We can see where he is gamest. In gaff or in lk. Lol

Post Thanks / Like

Sig and dom.. Im not saying folks in the Philippines dont have a great thing going over there cuz id be lying if I said otherwise.. With that said im not talking about an industry or money.. Im talking solely about a GAMECOCK. Dom ill just call a spade a spade if you know what i mean when you refer to fowl not being tested in the U.S. Dont even try to play that card. Them phillipino sure do alot of gamefowl tours to be getting unproven fowl from here. Mark my words when all the folks who breed GAMECOCKS die out the true gamefowl will fade away. All you Will be left with are chickens that will fight long enough to kill each other with a sword tied on their leg. Nothing more
    you just base ur knowledge on people. Humans or no humans. Gamefowl are gamefowl. They came from the wild. They will always play the game. Some of ur stocks came from del. You can call him and ask him if gameness was ruin when he play the lk game.

CyberFriends
    Post Thanks / Like

THIS IS YOUR OPINION IT MAY NOT BE TO MY LIKING BUT I am
    not going to argue with you...

the LK is what we pilipinos like and it is a matter of cultural
    and racial preference... we do not have the patience to a long
    drag fight simply because we live in a hot climate country.

35. Likes grey/dom liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have no problem with people that have different opinions than me.. And you go ahead and call him and ask him if he bred them for the LK or the spur. I already know the answer. It just so happens they can tote the lk too

37. Likes lawgreyman14 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenDragon View Post
    THIS IS YOUR OPINION IT MAY NOT BE TO MY LIKING BUT I am
    not going to argue with you...

the LK is what we pilipinos like and it is a matter of cultural
    and racial preference... we do not have the patience to a long
    drag fight simply because we live in a hot climate country.

Not looking for an argument... Just stating my opinion.

Post Thanks / Like

Ill just say this.. Round up a list of all the "Big timers" that was great in the gaff when it was legal in the U.S. Go look at pictures of their fowl then and take a look at them now since all they've been doing the last 10-15 years is catering to the folks who prefer the edged steel. Not only do they not even look remotely alike (even though its the same line) they perform nothing like they use too and do not win consistently in the gaff anymore. My comments are solely based on what i see here.

40. Likes E.Mullen liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have no problem with people that have different opinions than me.. And you go ahead and call him and ask him if he bred them for the LK or the spur. I already know the answer. It just so happens they can tote the lk too
    Dunghills are dubghills. You have it in gaffs. Lk doesnt breed it

dnt blame lk fights for dunghill chicken. Maybe some people fights dunghill in
    lk. But we dnt breed dunghills. There is a market for that. They bred meat chickens for consumption. Its
    just happens some fights them in lk.

But no breeder bred dunghills. You must place that in your brainwash mind.

The industry would not florish to
    millions if they are not game. Just figure it out.

Only promo says that because thats an excuse to losers.

they lose but they fight to the death. They are game. Some breeders sellers would
    say.

Again. Breeder bred for gameness in any knives. Gaffs or naked heel or postisa

no breeder will see his fowl has no game. I dnt know if you can accept that

if you cant. Then I am still good.

42. Likes GoldenDragon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My fowl were and are long gaff fowl. They just happen to be very good in LK and also do well in SG. I believe I know why. They are smart, very strong, break good and have a big stroke. Also quite game. I only fought them seriously for a couple years in LK. And the reason then was I had too many and it was about to be made illegal. I win 90% over a two year period. That was unreal I thought but Talbo has taken up my quest. At his last post I think he had that percent going on himself. Right in the middle of LK country. I forgot livability. Many of my cocks got cut badly they just out lived and out tried the other cock. Some of the splash were a little cautious of the line but most went to destroy.

44. Thanks grey/dom thanked for this post
    Likes lawgreyman14, Bama71, grey/dom liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ill just say this.. Round up a list of all the "Big timers" that was great in the gaff when it was legal in the U.S. Go look at pictures of their fowl then and take a look at them now since all they've been doing the last 10-15 years is catering to the folks who prefer the edged steel. Not only do they not even look remotely alike (even though its the same line) they perform nothing like they use too and do not win consistently in the gaff anymore. My comments are solely based on what i see here.

I can vouch for that with a pretty impressive list of fowl bought .. Gameness is just part of it , daily actions and gaff cutting fail them before gameness

But , I've seen one of the best rooster men ever take game cocks and get them to a level few to nobody could ... The kind of waiting those good lk cocks do isn't because they are doddling

46. Likes grey/dom liked this post