Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Standing on the line

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Standing on the line

Quote Originally Posted by Quapaw Kid View Post
    They have to be in top shape to be sharp and have the kind of reflexes it takes to win in the knife , same as the gaff .... there isn't room for error in the knife , you don't get lucky and sledgehammer your way into the money if they are off or jerked off cords like you can in he gaff .
    Guess its all about perception. I wouldn't call hammering one out in the gaff "luck" id call it well bred. Lk, sk, and gaff are all completely different games. The only common denominator is they all require a rooster. Line 100 roostermen up and they'll all do things different with different opinions.

2. Likes roostercm liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Quapaw Kid View Post
    They have to be in top shape to be sharp and have the kind of reflexes it takes to win in the knife , same as the gaff .... there isn't room for error in the knife , you don't get lucky and sledgehammer your way into the money if they are off or jerked off cords like you can in he gaff .
    i learned alot about lk in this thread but when legal you pull cocks out of pens and off cords and meet a conditioned cock in the gaff you will go broke fast ,i know learned the hard way 30 years ago.but i no the philippines have the best lk people in the world but when it comes to the gaff american cockers were the best in the world when legal

4. Likes E.Mullen, grey/dom liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mtnman View Post
    I am like others here, I got into gamefowl because of their toughness, determination and no quit attitude. I was and will always be a gaff man. I guess I just think too much of my roosters than to show them in the lk or the sk. That is just my preference, no disrespect to anyone. I enjoy watching the lk and sk fights as they are exciting, but if a bloodline is bred specifically for the knife they will eventually lose some of the abilities needed to be solid gaff roosters...with one of those qualities being gameness.
    I hate the damn sk...it's boring as beans to me...I caint hardly tell who's ahead till one is dead/dyin lol...all I see is hit me now u hit me hit me I hit u over and over till they r both ruined...I love the lk...nothin more pretty than watchin to fly 5 foot with a sword tied to their legs and one come down dead other mortally wounded and him roll over and get that last bite before he dies for the win...but I'm a spur man 99% the time

Lucas

6. Likes Mtnman, Nauvoo, grey/dom liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It is very obvious many of you guys commenting on this topic have very little experience with the long knife and or fighting in the Philippines. I know this has been debated on here before but if you think you can win consistently in top compitition long knife derbies with fowl that are not very game then you are very wrong. To fire back after the shock from a blow from a LK, it takes a healthy, sharp, mentally strong and conditioned game cock to do so. The reasons that they do not blow into each other, have been explained above. It is not because the roosters are naturally non aggressive or bred to be that way. Years ago it was not the case but Flipinos today are so far ahead of us in the States in many aspects of the sport, it is not even funny. My favorite style is gaff but I do not see the style of long or short knife ruining the sport. That would be like saying the three point shot has ruined the sport of basketball or the spread offense has ruined football. They make things a bit different and require different skill sets to be the best but I enjoy and respect them the same.

8. Likes grey/dom, Birdderfly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Etbauer1 View Post
    It is very obvious many of you guys commenting on this topic have very little experience with the long knife and or fighting in the Philippines. I know this has been debated on here before but if you think you can win consistently in top compitition long knife derbies with fowl that are not very game then you are very wrong. To fire back after the shock from a blow from a LK, it takes a healthy, sharp, mentally strong and conditioned game cock to do so. The reasons that they do not blow into each other, have been explained above. It is not because the roosters are naturally non aggressive or bred to be that way. Years ago it was not the case but Flipinos today are so far ahead of us in the States in many aspects of the sport, it is not even funny. My favorite style is gaff but I do not see the style of long or short knife ruining the sport. That would be like saying the three point shot has ruined the sport of basketball or the spread offense has ruined football. They make things a bit different and require different skill sets to be the best but I enjoy and respect them the same.
    I think the spread has ruined football.. Ruined the sooners anyway lol

10. Likes Nauvoo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I am curious as to what aspects they are so far ahead of Americans on though? Tying the fork.. Sure. What else?

Post Thanks / Like

Well i know mr jumper and carol have won in the fillipino stye derbies with ther american fowl has any fillipino fighters come to united states and win in the gaff with their birds when legal not being a smart a$# i was just wondering

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Noshow View Post
    A very high % of sweaters are dunghill in the gaff and will run before your 10min lk time limit is up. Tie some gaffs on your fowl and find out if they are truly game or just actors!! Lk don't test gameness and that is a big reason Americans got into it. Started getting some junk and found away to gamble on it, it got popular pretty quick
    Ask nesmith to fight ur chickens. Am not popular in sweaters. Lol

And i can say yes to what you said. I admire gaff roosters as i admire asils and postiza.

I dnt say gaffs are bad. Yall say lk roosters or lk fighting ruin the sports or gamefowl.

Spanish landed on our shore 1521. How many centuries had we fought our chickens?

and its still fighting? Before american fowls were famous in our shores.

Spanish chickens and cubans have their way in.

Again. This is not about gaff birds. Its about lk birds.

And dnt turn it around. Fight ur gaff birds in lk. If out birds are ruin and culls.

Its just that simple. About fighting our lk birds to gaff. Make them legal first. And it will be exciting.

Post Thanks / Like

The main aspect I think would be health. They have vets there that are pretty much exclusive to poultry like we have horse vets here. Many farms there produce thousands every year. When guys like Duke Hulsey went over there years ago, he dominated. Many guys over there took note and in a short time were very competitive and they have never stopped. I think the best and most rounded feeders were from here in the US because during legal days we fought all three weapons and had to point roosters in places and weather that was dramatically different. Louisiana, Arizona and Kentucky are all vastly different. We leveled off to a certain degree, whereas in the Philippines they have kept moving forward and have kept learning from some of the best feeders that were based here in the US that have went over there.I have no doubt that top level breeders and feederes from the Philippines could set up shop in the US and over time become competitive in the gaff but why would they do so? Lebron James may could play tight end for the Browns but why would he do so?

15. Likes CA whitetoppy06, grey/dom liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I am here and cutting lobes, spurs , wattles and feather is illegal. Sparring is illegal
    Raising chickens is illegal in the county. It should be agricultural land in my state. An hour drive.

While there. My chickens in my backyard. In my bedroom. Holding them
    every night. Table exercise.

And show them every weekend.

Showing or playing the game. Consistently makes you sharp. And you will know what is lacking and how to improve.

But no show no play. How do we know that the bloodline is already sticky? Or your raising winning bloodline and not levelheaded chickens?

Post Thanks / Like

The main aspect I think would be health. They have vets there that are pretty much exclusive to poultry like we have horse vets here. Many farms there produce thousands every year. When guys like Duke Hulsey went over there years ago, he dominated. Many guys over there took note and in a short time were very competitive and they have never stopped. I think the best and most rounded feeders were from here in the US because during legal days we fought all three weapons and had to point roosters in places and weather that was dramatically different. Louisiana, Arizona and Kentucky are all vastly different. We leveled off to a certain degree, whereas in the Philippines they have kept moving forward and have kept learning from some of the best feeders that were based here in the US that have went over there.I have no doubt that top level breeders and feederes from the Philippines could set up shop in the US and over time become competitive in the gaff but why would they do so? Lebron James may could play tight end for the Browns but why would he do so?
    If lebron dont leave the cavs he would have better chance at winning a superbowl with the browns lol

18. Likes CA whitetoppy06 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by grey/dom View Post
    Ask nesmith to fight ur chickens. Am not popular in sweaters. Lol

And i can say yes to what you said. I admire gaff roosters as i admire asils and postiza.

I dnt say gaffs are bad. Yall say lk roosters or lk fighting ruin the sports or gamefowl.

Spanish landed on our shore 1521. How many centuries had we fought our chickens?

and its still fighting? Before american fowls were famous in our shores.

Spanish chickens and cubans have their way in.

Again. This is not about gaff birds. Its about lk birds.

And dnt turn it around. Fight ur gaff birds in lk. If out birds are ruin and culls.

Its just that simple. About fighting our lk birds to gaff. Make them legal first. And it will be exciting.
    lol I ain't scared of nesmith or anyone else. I've met plenty of big boys when legal and remember it's not much of a fine in some states. You guys always saying "we don't know cause it's illegal". I don't care what anyone says, I've hacked plenty of dunghills in the Lk that ran the first few buckles in the gaff. 95% would fool you into making you think they're a game rooster. Lk is for the spectator and gamblers. Different styles do better in Lk, yes, I got some tynan wh's that are devastating but that don't mean they can't kill ya just as fast with gaffs on. I don't think that roosters standing around are sharp either. When I switch cocks on my walk I throw one down and they are on a dead run to each other. It is bred in them, we call it scoring

20. Likes Mtnman, Birdderfly, RHman1026 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JLF2.0 View Post
    I think the spread has ruined football.. Ruined the sooners anyway lol
    I think the players sitting for the anthem ruined football, did for me anyway.

22. Likes Birdderfly, Nauvoo, KevinG, E.Mullen liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

lol I ain't scared of nesmith or anyone else. I've met plenty of big boys when legal and remember it's not much of a fine in some states. You guys always saying "we don't know cause it's illegal". I don't care what anyone says, I've hacked plenty of dunghills in the Lk that ran the first few buckles in the gaff. 95% would fool you into making you think they're a game rooster. Lk is for the spectator and gamblers. Different styles do better in Lk, yes, I got some tynan wh's that are devastating but that don't mean they can't kill ya just as fast with gaffs on. I don't think that roosters standing around are sharp either. When I switch cocks on my walk I throw one down and they are on a dead run to each other. It is bred in them, we call it scoring
    Walk the talk and get the millions. Beat em all. Fly to wsc. And we will know

i can say much on my yard too. Lol

maybe its the vitamins. Maybe its the feeds. But you will know when you try.

That rushers aint no place for lk.

Too much talk and no walk. We can go on forever. You can say all the things in your birds.

We dnt care. Coz we know how to win. Nuff said.

There is no other way to prove than bringing ur ganest yard cocks over there.

Post Thanks / Like

Everybody thinks when a rooster leaves the line hes rushing my greys leave the line in a slow trot and you better not stand ther well i hope they do

25. Likes lawgreyman14, MONGOOSE liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Walk the talk and get the millions. Beat em all. Fly to wsc. And we will know

i can say much on my yard too. Lol

maybe its the vitamins. Maybe its the feeds. But you will know when you try.

That rushers aint no place for lk.

Too much talk and no walk. We can go on forever. You can say all the things in your birds.

We dnt care. Coz we know how to win. Nuff said.

There is no other way to prove than bringing ur ganest yard cocks over there.
    If your handle is grey dom u shouldn't be allowed to talk about game chickens. Pointed roosters WILL NOT CUT A WING AT ANOTHER COCK

27. Likes lawgreyman14 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I saw a interview of the 2017 wsc champion, he said when selecting cock for show if they rush when pitted, they are out the show no questions asked

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pasqually View Post
    I saw a interview of the 2017 wsc champion, he said when selecting cock for show if they rush when pitted, they are out the show no questions asked

Well I think he said leave the line ,not rush

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I believe it all boils down to the type of tools and the rules of the sport (and any type sport for that matter). A true sportsman will do everything to fully understand the kind of game he is into. A gaff man knows his wares, he knows what works and utilize these to his advantage. Same is true with a LK man, a postiza man and naked heelers. I’m not a gaff ‘practitioner’ and to be honest, I find their shows less exciting. But I have a lot of respect to these people (have lots of friends too) because I’m sure I know maybe less than half of what they know about their types of birds. Now, my point is to fully understand the WHYs and the HOWs of LK shows, one should be in it or at least be involved with people doing it. It is unfair to just repeat what was just heard or read somewhere and come here bashing the PI LK birds cautious and calculating style of play. I remember one LK show I’ve seen in the Philippines years ago was like watching two Samurai Masters in a duel. Less movement and measuring each other then BAMMM… One is dead even before the referee can pick him up.

Now, some would say come here and show your birds using our tools. That’s not going to prove much either. The birds are bred differently, with different style and stroke. It’s like having Zorro and a Samurai Master having a duel match.

31. Likes LaBlue, grey/dom, springwater liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If your handle is grey dom u shouldn't be allowed to talk about game chickens. Pointed roosters WILL NOT CUT A WING AT ANOTHER COCK
    Hahahahaha. And if ur handle is no show. You should hide in ur computer. Lol

dnt talk too much and not showing. Feed ur gamest bird till they are dead. Dead end game.

Dunghills in urs. Winners in us. Who cares?

every sport evolves. Look at the brawlings at boxing and nba before?

look at ali when he made it different? Look at dr. J and mj who made the difference?

lol. Ur game is brawling and brutal. You want ur chickens game. But you cant handle the real enemy in the sport? Its really funny when I think of gamest chicken.

Sorry, just accept the harsh truth. And no blaming please.

I am still can play the game in open air. How about you?

no show at all. Gamest birds is all an excuse.

We are still playing the dunghills game. And you just watched in silence.

Last to answer with you. As i said we can talk forever.

Stop jerking will you? Just be a no show. Good day sir and may God bless you!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lucasemerson View Post
    I hate the damn sk...it's boring as beans to me...I caint hardly tell who's ahead till one is dead/dyin lol...all I see is hit me now u hit me hit me I hit u over and over till they r both ruined...I love the lk...nothin more pretty than watchin to fly 5 foot with a sword tied to their legs and one come down dead other mortally wounded and him roll over and get that last bite before he dies for the win...but I'm a spur man 99% the time

Lucas
    I need to go where you are going, I would love to meet those kind of birds you are talking about in sk. Give me just a couple of good shots at one and I will have something off of him. I used to hear all the time it takes too many roosters to show in sk. I would just tell them they are using the wrong kind of birds. The right kind of birds, and you get many multiple time winners.

34. Likes don128 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

And by the way. The thread is all about an lk bird standing on the line waiting for the prey. Its not about ur gamest chicken. And I didnt say I have the gamest chicken lol.

You are in the wrong lane sir. Understand first before you bark!

Post Thanks / Like

And by the way. The thread is all about an lk bird standing on the line waiting for the prey. Its not about ur gamest chicken. And I didnt say I have the gamest chicken lol.

You are in the wrong lane sir. Understand first before you bark!
    but the thread turned so fast. You said a mouth full when you implied game roosters can't have style and cut. Have you ever been to a gaff derby? I have been to many Lk derbys and won quite a few too!! Hell, our gaff fights are usually over before yalls even start fighting lmao

37. Likes lawgreyman14 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Honestly I can't understand most of what you're trying to say but I know this, American breeders are making a killing off sending you guys junk that can't win here!!

Post Thanks / Like

I do have some hell bent rumble rush roosters but i cross them to very smart cautious bloods for what i think is my perfect cocks but even my cautious cocks walk off the line and to there opponent.and the last thing im tring to do is down play you lk guys thats not my objective keep you opions coming thanks

40. Likes grey/dom, Engkanto liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

but the thread turned so fast. You said a mouth full when you implied game roosters can't have style and cut. Have you ever been to a gaff derby? I have been to many Lk derbys and won quite a few too!! Hell, our gaff fights are usually over before yalls even start fighting lmao
    Can you show me I said that? Lol. You misunderstand what I said that rusher aint no place for lk fights.

Our standing in the line bloodline came from ur shores. We just evelove it.
    It came from the clarets. The roundheads. They are blended with hatches to stay game.

Sweaters sulk and blacks too. That is why they were blended. Infuse. We were not fighting in gaffs. So why would we fight pure breeds if we think they cant win?

I play to win. I breef to win. Nothing else.

I have breeds to maintain the blood. But they are not for battle.

They are there for crossing. To create an ultimate warrior.

Again. Lk birds were made to win in lk. Not to prove they are game in your dictionary

coz my game bird is a battle bird that can play the game to win in
    lk fights.

Post Thanks / Like

Jeff Pearce soloed the hawaiian with his pure hatch roosters at texoma in the 90's which was the biggest lk derby in the states at the time.. There are numerous examples of elite gaff fowl winning big in the long knife but I cant think of any examples where elite long knife fowl have won big in the gaff.

43. Likes lawgreyman14, Noshow, grey/dom liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

You didn't say that, you used different words that meant the same "implied " . Also, good real deal clarets are as powerful and game as any hatch and always have been FYI.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JLF2.0 View Post
    Jeff Pearce soloed the hawaiian with his pure hatch roosters at texoma in the 90's which was the biggest lk derby in the states at the time.. There are numerous examples of elite gaff fowl winning big in the long knife but I cant think of any examples where elite long knife fowl have won big in the gaff.
    Good ones go both ways ... if you have seen the videos of Victor Sierra's Grey and YLH in the LK , I'd sure give them a try in gaff .

Style doesn't have anything to do with sharpness ... aggression doesn't mean game either . Not all of those LK cocks that wait are sharp ... but there are dang sure plenty of them that are and exploded . I've seen Larry Carter have his Golden Greys which are just flat out bombers turned up / sparred into a zone to when he pitted them they were just flared out and quivering they wanted to burst so bad .... and when the other cock made his move they lit out after him , not sure what the name would be for it ... but there are smart cocks that are still able to push the fight ... there are counter punches that are aggressive .

Americans think LK is more luck because they train em' to just bomb each other and little game plan goes on .... the guys that are real LK men want it to come down to reflexes and ability so they like to not make it a toss up on the break . There are alot of small nuances of judging your opponent and how you release that can make a big difference .... not just the American way of blindly flushing and releasing without ever even watching your opponent .

Post Thanks / Like

I know my white hackle kelso greys can win in any weapon been tested by others who i gifted just to see if they could win in lk and sk and i have gaff them for along time i know there good at that are best in long gaff than sg they are body strikers sg i like head hunters