Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Standing on the line

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Standing on the line

Quote Originally Posted by grey/dom View Post
    Can you show me I said that? Lol. You misunderstand what I said that rusher aint no place for lk fights.

Our standing in the line bloodline came from ur shores. We just evelove it.
    It came from the clarets. The roundheads. They are blended with hatches to stay game.

Sweaters sulk and blacks too. That is why they were blended. Infuse. We were not fighting in gaffs. So why would we fight pure breeds if we think they cant win?

I play to win. I breef to win. Nothing else.

I have breeds to maintain the blood. But they are not for battle.

They are there for crossing. To create an ultimate warrior.

Again. Lk birds were made to win in lk. Not to prove they are game in your dictionary

coz my game bird is a battle bird that can play the game to win in
    lk fights.
    So clarets and Roundheads are the reason yalls chickens stand on the line?? Turn their backs to other roosters and cut their wings at them??? Thanks for informing me about them!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Noshow View Post
    So clarets and Roundheads are the reason yalls chickens stand on the line?? Turn their backs to other roosters and cut their wings at them??? Thanks for informing me about them!!!
    Clarets dnt turn their back. They are so smart. Lol
    dnt be a mistake misjudging them. They can win in gaffs too.
    And thats ones man opinion. Dnt take a grain of salt for that.
    Some fighting in lks maybe has different opinion why standing on the line. Maybe needing a mic to sing. Lol

maybe needing a gatorade or too much gatorade.

If warrior turn their backs. Its a good as end game. Lk is no mercy.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, obviously you're agreeing with me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Etbauer1 View Post
    It is very obvious many of you guys commenting on this topic have very little experience with the long knife and or fighting in the Philippines. I know this has been debated on here before but if you think you can win consistently in top compitition long knife derbies with fowl that are not very game then you are very wrong. To fire back after the shock from a blow from a LK, it takes a healthy, sharp, mentally strong and conditioned game cock to do so. The reasons that they do not blow into each other, have been explained above. It is not because the roosters are naturally non aggressive or bred to be that way. Years ago it was not the case but Flipinos today are so far ahead of us in the States in many aspects of the sport, it is not even funny. My favorite style is gaff but I do not see the style of long or short knife ruining the sport. That would be like saying the three point shot has ruined the sport of basketball or the spread offense has ruined football. They make things a bit different and require different skill sets to be the best but I enjoy and respect them the same.

Im not a LK guy. I am a fan of all combat sports (boxing, jujitsu, kickboxing, wrestling). That includes the LK. Because your “pit” is so big, it requires a bird whose not going to rush in (too easy to time). If you brought your birds from the PI here in our small pits and they just stood there or turned there back. It would be over. Too close. Not enough time to time another bird.
    As far as saying philippino’s are ahead. I’d say that’s true IN THE PHILIPPINES. You’ve created an environment that’s a different game than here.
    Another disagreement i have is the PI is one of the biggest importer of American fowl. Why is that?
    I know why. Like you said. “It takes a hell of a bird to get hit and come back”.
    You people do know where “hell of a birds come from”?
    Last edited by MONGOOSE; June 14th, 2018 at 12:00 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Gung-ho..

ford vs Chevy vs dodge vs Toyota.. vs Jeep to me it’s the same wranglers rustlers Levi’s...

Steel toe boots, tennis shoes,cowboy boots, sandals..

i like to me to think of LK as the Filipino probably sees it and that’s well ww2 I’m not sure exactly when the Filipino people started using LK but in the world war they were farmers equipped with big long knives.. I think it’s a show of respect or honor to their ancestors, American Gaff to me is the Civil war fixed bayonets..

bataan death march read up on it and have some respect for these resilient and very capable people.. without them we wouldn’t have been able to free our pows.. they scouted as they worked the fields our guys belly crawled in the open and when the bridges needed to be held they were held against odds.

the Filipino is a smart calculating human has anyone ever noticed our birds can take on our character our energy?

civil war we charged into battle ww1 we charged into battle ww2 we would charge our Sherman’s into 88 guns wether tanks or artillery..

the filipinos didn’t have that they had the jungle moving silently anticipating the enemy and swoosh went the LK.. they couldn’t let the occupiers know they were resisting cause they had to end the fight and live to continue it they may lose a battle like George Washington but they could not afford to lose the war together with allies they persevered.

it had nothing to do with Gamefowl but it helps me understand their ways more and to be honest I’d love to go over there be able to play legal relax in a tropic paradise with a people that have turned cockfighting into their national sport, I have scot/Irish ancestry so I like a good Charge into the fray.. if we say standing the line waiting is cowardly than the romans and Spartans were cowards? The phalanx the skiltron our men that Held the line against superior cavalry.. the 300 at the pass of Thermopylae.. the tactic is to win we have ours they have theirs it’s the style of the game.. we can’t really say Filipinos are ruining gaff chickens blame the breeders that cater to just that but don’t blame them blame the freaks that that can’t mind their own business and outlawed it..

so my fellow outlaws im no cocker in just a internet breeder lets harangue that why cut down fellows in sport not like they can sell us LK it’s banned no import of chicken from phillipines..breeders breed what is wanted and that’s sk or LK.. when I got my pair I asked for American style I’m sure if I said LK or sk I’d have been sent more refined fowl.

Godbless everybody Father’s Day coming up let’s not forget only guarantee in life is we ain’t getting out alive.

6. Thanks Engkanto thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Birdderfly View Post
    I know my white hackle kelso greys can win in any weapon been tested by others who i gifted just to see if they could win in lk and sk and i have gaff them for along time i know there good at that are best in long gaff than sg they are body strikers sg i like head hunters
    You left out naked heel ...............

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CA whitetoppy06 View Post
    Gung-ho..

ford vs Chevy vs dodge vs Toyota.. vs Jeep to me it’s the same wranglers rustlers Levi’s...

Steel toe boots, tennis shoes,cowboy boots, sandals..

i like to me to think of LK as the Filipino probably sees it and that’s well ww2 I’m not sure exactly when the Filipino people started using LK but in the world war they were farmers equipped with big long knives.. I think it’s a show of respect or honor to their ancestors, American Gaff to me is the Civil war fixed bayonets..

bataan death march read up on it and have some respect for these resilient and very capable people.. without them we wouldn’t have been able to free our pows.. they scouted as they worked the fields our guys belly crawled in the open and when the bridges needed to be held they were held against odds.

the Filipino is a smart calculating human has anyone ever noticed our birds can take on our character our energy?

civil war we charged into battle ww1 we charged into battle ww2 we would charge our Sherman’s into 88 guns wether tanks or artillery..

the filipinos didn’t have that they had the jungle moving silently anticipating the enemy and swoosh went the LK.. they couldn’t let the occupiers know they were resisting cause they had to end the fight and live to continue it they may lose a battle like George Washington but they could not afford to lose the war together with allies they persevered.

it had nothing to do with Gamefowl but it helps me understand their ways more and to be honest I’d love to go over there be able to play legal relax in a tropic paradise with a people that have turned cockfighting into their national sport, I have scot/Irish ancestry so I like a good Charge into the fray.. if we say standing the line waiting is cowardly than the romans and Spartans were cowards? The phalanx the skiltron our men that Held the line against superior cavalry.. the 300 at the pass of Thermopylae.. the tactic is to win we have ours they have theirs it’s the style of the game.. we can’t really say Filipinos are ruining gaff chickens blame the breeders that cater to just that but don’t blame them blame the freaks that that can’t mind their own business and outlawed it..

so my fellow outlaws im no cocker in just a internet breeder lets harangue that why cut down fellows in sport not like they can sell us LK it’s banned no import of chicken from phillipines..breeders breed what is wanted and that’s sk or LK.. when I got my pair I asked for American style I’m sure if I said LK or sk I’d have been sent more refined fowl.

Godbless everybody Father’s Day coming up let’s not forget only guarantee in life is we ain’t getting out alive.

Good points.
    As much as we don’t understand the LK in the PI, which is true. They don’t understand the game here nor the longheel itself and the birds used. They think every longheel bird is stupid and game.
    Ive been to those Vietnamese games (longheel) where there wagering $20,000 a hack. They were just as fast as any LK and I mean every freakin pair.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, obviously you're agreeing with me.
    Hahahahaha yes sir. Happy now?
    I was interpreting some lk birds standing in the line watching the moves of other rooster.
    Not standing in the line and flip their wings that seems just waking up from a good 10
    hours sleep. Lol

you must read and re read before dipping ur toes in the pool.

You have so much game chickens that we want also to be game.

But ur game and my game is a different game.

We play the game to win. You play the game to endure.

Lol. Im agreeing dis agreeing agreeably.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MONGOOSE View Post
    Good points.
    As much as we don’t understand the LK in the PI, which is true. They don’t understand the game here nor the longheel itself and the birds used. They think every longheel bird is stupid and game.
    Ive been to those Vietnamese games (longheel) where there wagering $20,000 a hack. They were just as fast as any LK and I mean every freakin pair.
    That ylh bc in my avatar came from the veits that says they bought the bl
    from gator. Big fast game machine. A winner before buying him. And yes. He wins. But his style in lk. He still maybe can win but a lot of wounds.
    Last edited by grey/dom; June 14th, 2018 at 12:25 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Quapaw Kid View Post
    You left out naked heel ...............
    Never tried mr kid i got my old dumba$$ blueface for that

Post Thanks / Like

Hahahahaha yes sir. Happy now?
    I was interpreting some lk birds standing in the line watching the moves of other rooster.
    Not standing in the line and flip their wings that seems just waking up from a good 10
    hours sleep. Lol

you must read and re read before dipping ur toes in the pool.

You have so much game chickens that we want also to be game.

But ur game and my game is a different game.

We play the game to win. You play the game to endure.

Lol. Im agreeing dis agreeing agreeably.
    No sir, winning always comes first no matter what!! What I was having a hard time with was your grammar I guess. You start new paragraphs when you shouldn't and much more!! It can be confusing but I understand you're not American

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Birdderfly View Post
    Never tried mr kid i got my old dumba$$ blueface for that
    I figured you had something to cover it ...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Quapaw Kid View Post
    I figured you had something to cover it ...
    I got Bill Roberts butcher to cover the naked heel myself... The white ones

Post Thanks / Like

No sir, winning always comes first no matter what!! What I was having a hard time with was your grammar I guess. You start new paragraphs when you shouldn't and much more!! It can be confusing but I understand you're not American
    And can you tell me what is an american? Lol
    this is far from the topic. And we are discussing filipino birds showing in lk.
    Maybe its you who are lost.
    The anerican from ireland? From england? From italy? From
    spain?From germany or from russia?
    and american from the mexican border? Or from africa?
    kindly tell what is american? Coz i know the real american are out there in the reserves.
    They are the natives here. They are the native american. Do you happened to have their blood?

I still have the blood of a native Pilipino. Half blood is Spanish.
    I can say I am american coz I am american citizen. But by
    blood? I am spanish/ filipino blood.

Now are you american? Did you finished college to unsderstand the grammar?
    Dnt ask me. Coz I have so many graduation certificates from different university

so dont start one. I know history. And I know you didnt coz you prejudice I am not american.

Just be very careful in that words.

and I bet you dnt know smartphones. Coz when you type. They are so smart they dnt know how to spell. Too fast ha. Just do urs in the computer. Lmao
    Last edited by grey/dom; June 14th, 2018 at 01:09 AM.

16. Likes airjammer88, Birdderfly, LaBlue liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

kindly tell what is american? Coz i know the real american are out there in the reserves.
    They are the natives here. They are the native american. Do you happened to have their blood?

Dnt ask me. Coz I have so many graduation certificates from different university

so dont start one. I know history. And I know you didnt coz you prejudice I am not american.

Just be very carful in that words.
    This isnít about your bloodline. Itís about how you write. Itís very confusing. If you have all these diplomas youíd think you would be kind enough to proof read.

18. Thanks Noshow thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This isnít about your bloodline. Itís about how you write. Itís very confusing. If you have all these diplomas youíd think you would be kind enough to proof read.
    If u dnt understand. Its not my problem. It urs. In smartphone there is no proofreading.
    You can proof read and ask me what you dnt understand. But I have no time. To explain to those people who can not understand. Its not my fault. Lol

go back to school.

Post Thanks / Like

Im not a LK guy. I am a fan of all combat sports (boxing, jujitsu, kickboxing, wrestling). That includes the LK. Because your “pit” is so big, it requires a bird whose not going to rush in (too easy to time). If you brought your birds from the PI here in our small pits and they just stood there or turned there back. It would be over. Too close. Not enough time to time another bird.
    As far as saying philippino’s are ahead. I’d say that’s true IN THE PHILIPPINES. You’ve created an environment that’s a different game than here.
    Another disagreement i have is the PI is one of the biggest importer of American fowl. Why is that?
    I know why. Like you said. “It takes a hell of a bird to get hit and come back”.
    Mongoose, you make some good valid points. Cutting is timing and measuring, your spot on with your assessment of pit size, here vs there. As far as the PI importing broodfowl from the US, that is true but there are just as many if not more top quality bloodlines and breeders in the PI than here in the US. The advantage we have is our space and seasonal weather. That's why they still value our fowl so much. If fowl could be imported from the PI to the US, I can asure you many top breeders here would take advantage of that. Some of the best bloodlines in the US have been over there and maintained at a high level for years.

Post Thanks / Like

I will give you two reasons. The rest is up to you.

1) Most Filipinos (not Philippinos) love anything branded.
    2) Those buying chickens from the mainland can afford to do so.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Etbauer1 View Post
    Mongoose, you make some good valid points. Cutting is timing and measuring, your spot on with your assessment of pit size, here vs there. As far as the PI importing broodfowl from the US, that is true but there are just as many if not more top quality bloodlines and breeders in the PI than here in the US. The advantage we have is our space and seasonal weather. That's why they still value our fowl so much. If fowl could be imported from the PI to the US, I can asure you many top breeders here would take advantage of that. Some of the best bloodlines in the US have been over there and maintained at a high level for years.
    Oh, I believe you. No doubt you have great breeders. I use to wonder why you guys even import. I know why. You breed for fast cut, fast win, intelligence. You do that long enough. They get TOO SMART.

A VERY intelligent bird will realize ď I donít want to be hereĒ. And he will leave for his mamas house.
    Iíve played with very intelligent fowl. They are great performers but in our game. Your going to get hit. I donít care how good you are. Your EVENTUALLY GOING TO FEEL STEEL.
    Another thing no one talks about is a characteristic that longheel men breed for is the ability to not ďfeelĒ. YES, itís bred into them. You CANT do that with a shredded, game LK bird.
    WE CAN IN THE LONGHEEL.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by trans13 View Post
    I will give you two reasons. The rest is up to you.

1) Most Filipinos (not Philippinos) love anything branded.
    2) Those buying chickens from the mainland can afford to do so.
    what moron did that?
    America= Americans
    Mexico= Mexicans
    Canada=Canadians
    Australia=Australians
    Egypt=Egyptians
    Morocco=Moroccans

Philippine= Filipino????? Sounds like someone fcked up and no one questioned it LOL.

24. Likes Hayn/auzzi, Birdderfly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

what moron did that?
    America= Americans
    Mexico= Mexicans
    Canada=Canadians
    Australia=Australians
    Egypt=Egyptians
    Morocco=Moroccans

Philippine= Filipino????? Sounds like someone fcked up and no one questioned it LOL.
    This is off topic but I felt insulted. Try "googling" it first and come back to me. I AM FILIPINO YOU MORON!
    Last edited by trans13; June 14th, 2018 at 02:20 AM.

26. Likes leonidas liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

what moron did that?
    America= Americans
    Mexico= Mexicans
    Canada=Canadians
    Australia=Australians
    Egypt=Egyptians
    Morocco=Moroccans

And it is PHILIPPINES, not PHILIPPINE!!!

28. Likes leonidas liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ole mongoose and trans13 are doin real good��Well I guess that settles it you guys have killed each other in the fly so lets call it a draw get the next roosters ready

Post Thanks / Like

Gay-dom (sorry my smartphone did that), I have enough of an education to know that 90% of the birds sent over seas from the great land of "the milk and honey" are nothing more then swap meet trade junk! I guess one mans trash is another's treasure. I wasn't being prejudiced at all, I can just tell by your grammar that you are a foreigner!! Go to the university and ask to take basic grammar please!! Good luck winning on the islands while you are sitting here watching sabong in the motherland

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I'm Native American living in a teepee in the Iowa nation!! Let's just sit cross legged and take a couple pulls off the old peace pipe. A serious question, are you typing in English or having the computer convert another language?? I do have an education and your post are the only ones I have trouble trying to comprehend!!

Post Thanks / Like

Just be very careful in that words.

and I bet you dnt know smartphones. Coz when you type. They are so smart they dnt know how to spell. Too fast ha. Just do urs in the computer. Lmao

I bet he don’t even know where his ancestors come from lol...

Post Thanks / Like

I believe if you take 10 hens that are full sisters and 2 cocks that are full brothers. Send 5 hens and 1 cock to a top Filipino breeder and the other 5 hens and cock to a top American breeder. In 10 years time the Filipino breeder will be doing well with his fowl and the American the same, but if you were to swap the fowl back. The Filipino breeder would not do so well and the American wouldnít either. IMO the fowl from the Filipino may even quit in American long heel. Not bc anything was done wrong by either one, only that each breeder, breeds for different traits. In American breeding, gameness is at the top of the list. In Filipino breeding not so much, bc not often is the fowl truly tested like in long heels.jmo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

34. Likes CA whitetoppy06 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Logic and reason? We can't have that in this post. Someone get the next two weighed in and heeled up!

Post Thanks / Like

had a post in here but i see it is gone.....did i violate a rule?? please pm me if i did so i won't do it again
    Last edited by leonidas; June 15th, 2018 at 02:27 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I've seen fowl stand on line and do well. Also seen them loose. All about timing.