Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Standing on the line

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Standing on the line

Sharpness of acock i understand but but in my stye lh sharp means attack your opponent and then have reflexes enough to finish the job

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Birdderfly View Post
    Sharpness of acock i understand but but in my stye lh sharp means attack your opponent and then have reflexes enough to finish the job
    use one of your aggressive cock as a dummy bird on about 50 sharp spurred bull stags ... wait a week and then spar him again , don't bill him up ... just flush him twice and pit him from 15' . Those big LK derbies have some of the world's best feeders/trainers putting in a ton more work on those shows than 99% do for the average gaff derby that a working man is showing in .... all you see if the end result , not how they got there so how can folks make 5 pages of assumptions ... easy I guess if you type fast like me

3. Likes grey/dom liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Quapaw Kid View Post
    use one of your aggressive cock as a dummy bird on about 50 sharp spurred bull stags ... wait a week and then spar him again , don't bill him up ... just flush him twice and pit him from 15' . Those big LK derbies have some of the world's best feeders/trainers putting in a ton more work on those shows than 99% do for the average gaff derby that a working man is showing in .... all you see if the end result , not how they got there so how can folks make 5 pages of assumptions ... easy I guess if you type fast like me
    Well everyone is intiltle to ther opion this thread is full of assumption from lk sk lh sh hell i assume you a longk man doed thet make me wrong

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by leonidas View Post
    had a post in here but i see it is gone.....did i violate a rule?? please pm me if i did so i won't do it again
    Seem to be several post missing on numerous threads.. I have a few missing also

6. Likes Jailbird6 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Posts? Guys there's entire threads missing. I don't know what happened yesterday but it was big.

8. Likes Jailbird6 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Quapaw Kid View Post
    Like I said. Dip in the water. And they will know. Just visit there. Maybe just a spectator. Or they can bring some to battle.
    Its worth a month pension going to PI. Everybody is invited. May and June comes
    the second leg of wsc. Or maybe done already.

But its worth watching. 3" were most popular. Until some
    people use 4". Never heard 5". But maybe they do now.

Sorry. Its already done last may. January again wsc 1. Book now its still cheap airfare.

hope some guys are not missing. Just the post.

Have a blessed week end and Happy Fathers day to all daddys and granddaddys
    Last edited by grey/dom; June 16th, 2018 at 05:18 AM.

10. Thanks LaBlue thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

A short little story about one of my dads cocks that would not stand on the line. I've told of him before. His name was 390, he was 3/4 cc Kelso 1/4 Cecil Davis Kelso. He won 10 times and made a good brood cock. We only fought him once in the knife and that was the sk. Most of his fights were one pitting affairs. I fought him at sunset in sk. The guy we whooped asked how many cocks we raised. I told him I had about 40 and dad had about 40. He told me he had a thousand and he thought the one we killed was his best one. That was his 9th fight. His next was at Pinney Woods. He met an asil cross cock. Now I'm getting to the title of this thread. When I pitted him it was like always he just shot across the pit. The asil dodged and cut him in the head. I handled quick and pulled the gaff. The first one I'd ever pulled from him. The second pitting was a repeat of the first. Pulled the gaff from him again. On the way back to my line I whispered to him that he better try something else. The third pitting he shot across as always but just as he got there he stopped and faked the asil. He went for it and 390 left him laying. Now he was a once in a life time cock but he would probably got whooped that day in a long knife.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LaBlue View Post
    A short little story about one of my dads cocks that would not stand on the line. I've told of him before. His name was 390, he was 3/4 cc Kelso 1/4 Cecil Davis Kelso. He won 10 times and made a good brood cock. We only fought him once in the knife and that was the sk. Most of his fights were one pitting affairs. I fought him at sunset in sk. The guy we whooped asked how many cocks we raised. I told him I had about 40 and dad had about 40. He told me he had a thousand and he thought the one we killed was his best one. That was his 9th fight. His next was at Pinney Woods. He met an asil cross cock. Now I'm getting to the title of this thread. When I pitted him it was like always he just shot across the pit. The asil dodged and cut him in the head. I handled quick and pulled the gaff. The first one I'd ever pulled from him. The second pitting was a repeat of the first. Pulled the gaff from him again. On the way back to my line I whispered to him that he better try something else. The third pitting he shot across as always but just as he got there he stopped and faked the asil. He went for it and 390 left him laying. Now he was a once in a life time cock but he would probably got whooped that day in a long knife.
    Sounds like he would have got whipped no matter what he was showed in that day if you wouldn't have whispered in his ear lol.

13. Likes Krackers Koop, BackNBlack, LaBlue, Sig1911 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LaBlue View Post
    beautiful story. Its still a question. If he too fast. Maybe he will whilped them before they can stand on the line. But some raza or mestiso. Now, this is the
    mystery part of Philippines you doesnt know.

When before. Imported were very scarce and very few. Some raisers. If we can not call them breeders from the mountain. Have a slight blood of western fowl and breed it to our native chicken.

And these fighters. The western breed can
    not touch them. But you can not see them in derbys or big derbies. They are in hacks or bush fights.

but now seldom, you can not see them. You can not trust them in derbys or in big fights.

These are the culprits of long ago whisperers that ruin gamefowls.

But its not a western blood and its not a serious breed.

Only a breeder can ruined a bloodline and
    not because of lk fighting. This is I think the best reason and whispered a long long time ago.
    Last edited by grey/dom; June 16th, 2018 at 06:25 AM.

15. Likes leonidas liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JLF2.0 View Post
    Seem to be several post missing on numerous threads.. I have a few missing also
    Yep somebody said the wrong thing hope it wasnt me or maybe lk guys got tired of the truth and made it disappear just pickin i respect the lk game now i understand a little better

Post Thanks / Like

Yep somebody said the wrong thing hope it wasnt me or maybe lk guys got tired of the truth and made it disappear just pickin i respect the lk game now i understand a little better
    I think it's a glitch in the system. I posted a rooster in another thread from HeavyD yesterday but it looked like it did not go through.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sig1911 View Post
    I think it's a glitch in the system. I posted a rooster in another thread from HeavyD yesterday but it looked like it did not go through.
    They showed up were there for a while then vanished nice rooster how you post pics

Post Thanks / Like

It is good to talk to your bird. I had a main with a fellow some months (years) ago.He said that his Claret quill cross had never lost a fight. This was after the first few pitting. I picked up my grey and said "now you have something to prove", hour and half later my grey w/ a slipped beak and hulled spurs and the claret quill w/ a wing out and a leg off, the grey picked the quill off the ground and finished it. It is good to talk to your birds.lol

Post Thanks / Like

Roosters that stand on the line are boring to me rock em sockem are the way roosters are suppose to be they call them game fowl not smartfowl

Post Thanks / Like

Roosters that stand on the line are boring to me rock em sockem are the way roosters are suppose to be they call them game fowl not smartfowl
    Them are what I like to meet wish more thought this way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

22. Likes Quapaw Kid liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll be honest I really don't like it when my roosters bolt off the line. I like for them to up slowly or even a quick walk. I'm a big fan of the Filipino way. So I try and incorporate that into my sparring

24. Likes danitor, LaBlue liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My experience is good with smart cocks. I've never shown in LK but in gaff and SK my bloodlines are very competitive. I look for a cock to be looking intensely at his opponent and time his rush to land deep into the body. I have multiple time SK winning cocks that have done this perfectly and were untouched or had minor cuts. These are not dunghill bloodlines. They have proven as game as any opponent in any weapon, in any pit I have shown at. My thought is that aggression can impress but it doesn't mean the aggressive rooster is any better or any gamer.

26. Thanks LaBlue thanked for this post
    Likes RLaurent14, lawgreyman14, LaBlue liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Smaller the pit the quicker the action.

28. Likes leonidas, CA whitetoppy06 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by danitor View Post
    My experience is good with smart cocks. I've never shown in LK but in gaff and SK my bloodlines are very competitive. I look for a cock to be looking intensely at his opponent and time his rush to land deep into the body. I have multiple time SK winning cocks that have done this perfectly and were untouched or had minor cuts. These are not dunghill bloodlines. They have proven as game as any opponent in any weapon, in any pit I have shown at. My thought is that aggression can impress but it doesn't mean the aggressive rooster is any better or any gamer.
    I second that. Aggressiveness and Gameness are two different things. Its just a style preference. Gameness is not determined by how fast a rooster is off the line