Thread: Dead game and high station

Post Thanks / Like

Dead game and high station

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

2. Likes Bigmeal liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dead game and high station

Quote Originally Posted by Hayn/auzzi View Post

Good luck finding that in the Lk community or the SK community.
    I womder. What style would care about gameness FIRST? LOL.
    Last edited by MONGOOSE; June 13th, 2018 at 12:51 AM.

4. Thanks Dry Creek thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Gotta be peg awls, or maybe 15 round rooster boxing.....

Post Thanks / Like

Might try Dels Mugs. I have not had any trouble with gameness. But Dont confuse long legs with high station they arent the same.

7. Likes lawgreyman14 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MONGOOSE View Post
    Good luck finding that in the Lk community or the SK community.
    I womder. What style would care about gameness FIRST? LOL.
    I always breed for gameness first cut second.

9. Likes lawgreyman14 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It’s funny. I don’t think about breeding gameness. To me it’s like trying to breed chickens to have feathers.
    I notice people who focus on gameness usually are playing with KN chickens.
    I’ve played with KN chickens. There’s not much of an option now a days. Every big name breeder breeds for the blade.
    Most show there coldness by every day behavior. Some in the pit. Some don’t run but they sull.
    The number 1 most important thing to me is to never add any KN blood to my fowl. Everything must be true longheel fowl.

11. Likes trueedge liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This is actually possible. My friend's lemon-hackled mcleans are high stationed, and dead game. They are really mean too.

Post Thanks / Like

Mel Simms hatch comes to mind

Post Thanks / Like

It’s funny. I don’t think about breeding gameness. To me it’s like trying to breed chickens to have feathers.
    I notice people who focus on gameness usually are playing with KN chickens.
    I’ve played with KN chickens. There’s not much of an option now a days. Every big name breeder breeds for the blade.
    Most show there coldness by every day behavior. Some in the pit. Some don’t run but they sull.
    The number 1 most important thing to me is to never add any KN blood to my fowl. Everything must be true longheel fowl.
    Sounds like you have lots of experience with your fowl dying, gamely...back when legal, you were the kind of guy I looked for...tough bird but no real threat to mine...nothing makes a cock look better than having a right in front of mine...slow moving & easy to hit target...I know what I raise is game but, as I hardly ever lost any (back in the legal days)...I can't say I have enough data to form a hypothesis on the subject...I mean, I do raise smart fowl but I never could seem to make one carry his opponent for a round or two so I could evaluate his pluses & minuses...can't blame them for winning quick!

Post Thanks / Like

Its kind of funny. The question came up and I was stumped. Since Iíve been looking for something to complement what I have Iíve come across dunghill blood. Had one run on me last week. Nothing makes you focus on gameness more than having that happen to you. Thanks for the replies. Thanks airjammer. I was thinking some kindof tall hatch. Bentheknee I wish I never had to go through a drag again but hey it happens. Guess Iím just gonna have to wait for someone who wants to share their chickens that never have to go into the drag with me. Thatís a nice game looking hatch on your avatar bntheknee
    Last edited by Hayn/auzzi; June 13th, 2018 at 10:53 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bend the knee View Post
    Sounds like you have lots of experience with your fowl dying, gamely...back when legal, you were the kind of guy I looked for...tough bird but no real threat to mine...nothing makes a cock look better than having a right in front of mine...slow moving & easy to hit target...I know what I raise is game but, as I hardly ever lost any (back in the legal days)...I can't say I have enough data to form a hypothesis on the subject...I mean, I do raise smart fowl but I never could seem to make one carry his opponent for a round or two so I could evaluate his pluses & minuses...can't blame them for winning quick!
    Sounds to me you got it all figured out. Isnít majority of your blood all big name breeders stuff? And recently acquired? Sounds to me like you know your $hit. Lol

17. Likes lawgreyman14 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds to me you got it all figured out. Isn’t majority of your blood all big name breeders stuff? And recently acquired? Sounds to me like you know your $hit. Lol
    I do have some new blood on the yard...I like to compare it to mine...if I see something I like, I might infuse some into a line...if it works out great, if it does not they are culled...I still have my lines so, I guess that ought to tell you something...like I said, I have patted many guys just like you on the back AFTER & told them that was a game rooster...just met his match...or I say, "I just got lucky...you almost had me"...that way, you keep breeding them slow movers & I keep collecting. LOL.

Post Thanks / Like

Its kind of funny. The question came up and I was stumped. Since I’ve been looking for something to complement what I have I’ve come across dunghill blood. Had one run on me last week. Nothing makes you focus on gameness more than having that happen to you. Thanks for the replies. Thanks airjammer. I was thinking some kindof tall hatch. Bentheknee I wish I never had to go through a drag again but hey it happens. Guess I’m just gonna have to wait for someone who wants to share their chickens that never have to go into the drag with me. That’s a nice game looking hatch on your avatar bntheknee
    Thanks...he is 3 in that pic (2012)...still chasing the ladies...9 years old.

Post Thanks / Like

I do have some new blood on the yard...I like to compare it to mine...if I see something I like, I might infuse some into a line...if it works out great, if it does not they are culled...I still have my lines so, I guess that ought to tell you something...like I said, I have patted many guys just like you on the back AFTER & told them that was a game rooster...just met his match...or I say, "I just got lucky...you almost had me"...that way, you keep breeding them slow movers & I keep collecting. LOL.
    I guess you’ve never seen game blood that can cut.

Post Thanks / Like

I guess you’ve never seen game blood that can cut.
    They can't touch what they can't catch...I guess you are use to the style where the other bird just stands there swapping blows right in front of you...LOL.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think that will be to dificult . Seen some hatch from Jeff Pearce a few years ago that where game . Seen some Hargus Greys that where game . Ask either one for high stationed fowl and see if they can provide them . Good luck

23. Thanks Hayn/auzzi thanked for this post
    Likes Hayn/auzzi liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

They can't touch what they can't catch...I guess you are use to the style where the other bird just stands there swapping blows right in front of you...LOL.
    Last I checked this 2018. You talk like it was in the 70’s. Go east of the bay a hundred miles or so. Some good gaff men up there that would love to show you what you really have.
    Last edited by MONGOOSE; June 13th, 2018 at 12:35 PM.