Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No shipping /US Postal Service as of today

Post Thanks / Like

No shipping /US Postal Service as of today

Heard from a friend today that the US Postal service will no longer be shipping chickens...
    Has anyone else heard about this ?
    any info would be greatly appreciated.
    TIA

Post Thanks / Like

Re: No shipping /US Postal Service as of today

Fake news my friend, this would put the hatcheries out of business. Now some POs will not ship in this heat just like the airlines won’t as they will have an heat embargo. It’s just to damn hot to ship this time of year.

3. Likes don128, Al Sanchez liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

U.S. Postal regulations States, No shipment of Lives , If the Temp is at or above 85 degrees.. That has been in place for as long as I can remember. I for one do not ship birds from early June thru mid Oct. Just too darn Hot to ship ..
    Last edited by Al Sanchez; June 29th, 2018 at 09:19 AM.

5. Thanks Sig1911 thanked for this post
    Likes creekside, don128 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Amendment 4202 was passed last night in Congress, from what I understand at this time it will make it illegal to ship fowl through the us postal service.

Post Thanks / Like

It is going to the agg. committee it is not law yet.

Post Thanks / Like

Can someone post a link to this info?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

9. Likes Skincarver liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll try to get more accurate info and update asap, this is something that we need to act on still has to go before the Senate .

Post Thanks / Like

This is terrible if true, just another right being taken away from us. I hope this is not true

Post Thanks / Like

Hope it isn't true as well. First the right to show them, now the right to buy sell or trade them, next the right to own them period if we don't pull together somehow.

13. Likes KevinG liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Call Georgia Senator David Perdue as he is on the senate agriculture committee. 404-865-0087. This IS NOT fake news! If this passes then every hatchery in the USA can be out of business as well! Welcome to the no so free USA.

15. Likes RLaurent14 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MarshButcher View Post
    Call Georgia Senator David Perdue as he is on the senate agriculture committee. 404-865-0087. This IS NOT fake news! If this passes then every hatchery in the USA can be out of business as well! Welcome to the no so free USA.
    Have you spoken with him already? Is he for or against it ? Would like to know where he stands before I call so we can prepare what to say.Thx

Post Thanks / Like

Here is some interesting news on the bills. Ive looked also at section 4202 and didnt see anything about shipping poultry.Is everyone sure its 4202 or under a different section?
    https://www.guampdn.com/story/news/2...ill/744444002/

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-...8205D11DD2EC84

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Skincarver View Post
    Have you spoken with him already? Is he for or against it ? Would like to know where he stands before I call so we can prepare what to say.Thx
    I contacted him on Facebook. I will call today. Every person on this site should call him and your state congressman.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Skincarver View Post
    Here is some interesting news on the bills. Ive looked also at section 4202 and didnt see anything about shipping poultry.Is everyone sure its 4202 or under a different section?
    https://www.guampdn.com/story/news/2...ill/744444002/

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-...8205D11DD2EC84

I havent checked your links but looked for 4202 amendment and can’t seem to find anything to date?

Get your t crossed, i dotted before we need to be prepared what to say we need to know what’s going on if I call I can’t be foolish.

”GodBless America her People and the Constitutional Rights”

ol Georgy if your watching lead us to victory we may lose a battle but not the war let’s not hope but we must have faith in our spiritual Lord and Saviour and the Almighty God his Father.

but what’s up is also down.. the implications seem like perhaps a new venue or opportunity for a entrepreneur to start a business strictly shipping fowl or animals (vet checked)

20. Likes LJ15 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

And again we'll just sit back and let them stomp all over us

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

This was so unbelievable I thought for sure it was fake news. If this passes it will be a travesty for all bird lovers regardless of breed. I pray to God that this doesn’t happen.

Post Thanks / Like

I just got off the phone with his office. I addressed it from the angle of why would we be outlawing business that's not. Immoral or harmful in nature. It seems counterproductive to a country trying to comeback from a recession. It's gonna hurt voters in his state. That's how I played it. Call the number above they'll answer. He hasn't made a public statement on his position on bill 4202 yet. Let's let em know how we feel. Wasn't it sam Adams who said "we must stand together, or we will surely hang seperately"

24. Likes Skincarver, Al Sanchez liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I just called my PO and as of today he said there’s just a heat restriction we’re they have to call and see if there’s a restriction to we’re your shipping too. He doesn’t know anything about 4202 being passed but said they’ve been talking about it a while. Keep faith my friends there’s a huge majority of commercial hatcheries and private breeders that will stand against this bill. So hopefully things will be ok just everyone pray and I mean real prayer that this bill will not be passed.

Post Thanks / Like

If this passes is there an alternative like Fedx or private shippers?

Post Thanks / Like

So if this passes does it mean you can't any poultry or only adult poultry?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    This was so unbelievable I thought for sure it was fake news. If this passes it will be a travesty for all bird lovers regardless of breed. I pray to God that this doesn’t happen.
    Prayer is good but if you don't call it will pass

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

29. Likes MarshButcher liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I will say there is no way you cannot ship birds thru the mail. If true, forget about all poultry products for sale in all super markets and restaurants.

31. Likes Al Sanchez liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bootlegger View Post
    I will say there is no way you cannot ship birds thru the mail. If true, forget about all poultry products for sale in all super markets and restaurants.
    Where is the GGBA we pay for some one to help fight this .have they took our money and run. Just don't seem right I pay my dues and I don't recive anything else from them that's what pissed me off I belong to ga and ala gba hell I received more info from Alabama and I live in Ga

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

33. Likes Al Sanchez, Skincarver, E.Mullen liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by muskrat&company View Post
    Prayer is good but if you don't call it will pass

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
    Oh your absolutely right I have called

Post Thanks / Like

H.R. 4202 is gone, but the same langauge was added to H.R. 2 (the House version of the Farm Bill / H.R. 2 Sec. 11616). It is to amend 7U.S.C. 2156. The reference to Postal Service shipping applies to "participation in animal fighting venture". That is currently in effect in the 50 states and this will add it to the U.S. territories. It's not good for any of us, but spreading false information isn't good for any of us either.

36. Thanks country thanked for this post
    Likes southernX, Stringer3, Al Sanchez, country liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by roostercm View Post
    Where is the GGBA we pay for some one to help fight this .have they took our money and run. Just don't seem right I pay my dues and I don't recive anything else from them that's what pissed me off I belong to ga and ala gba hell I received more info from Alabama and I live in Ga

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

State Gamefowl Breeders Associations deal with issues at the state level. This is in D.C. You should check into the Rural Lifestyle Alliance. And State Gamefowl Breeders Associations should be affiliated with the UGBA.

38. Thanks country thanked for this post
    Likes country liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DPotter View Post
    H.R. 4202 is gone, but the same langauge was added to H.R. 2 (the House version of the Farm Bill / H.R. 2 Sec. 11616). It is to amend 7U.S.C. 2156. The reference to Postal Service shipping applies to "participation in animal fighting venture". That is currently in effect in the 50 states and this will add it to the U.S. territories. It's not good for any of us, but spreading false information isn't good for any of us either.
    Was reading up on same thing and that is what I saw. Didnt say anything about not being able to ship birds per say but it’s all about cracking down on Cockers and Gamefowl.The ARAs are out of control with there agenda there ok with abortion but have a baby chick die in transport and that is just terrible and inhumane. They won’t be happy until we’re all vegans and no longer owning any type of animals even fish. They are crazy but hey the squeaky wheel gets the oil. When will the whackos be seen for what they truly are. I could go on and on but this gets my blood boiling.

40. Likes njk, Al Sanchez, country, Skincarver liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Was reading up on same thing and that is what I saw. Didnt say anything about not being able to ship birds per say but it’s all about cracking down on Cockers and Gamefowl.The ARAs are out of control with there agenda there ok with abortion but have a baby chick die in transport and that is just terrible and inhumane. They won’t be happy until we’re all vegans and no longer owning any type of animals even fish. They are crazy but hey the squeaky wheel gets the oil. When will the whackos be seen for what they truly are. I could go on and on but this gets my blood boiling.
    Yes sir I agree 100%!! Its BS!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

That is all I could find as well was under Sec 11616 that stated it would be illegal to use the postal service to promote a fighting venture not that you couldn't ship birds anymore. I plan to call but I want to be certain what Im calling about before I do. Otherwise I and anyone else that calls without knowing the facts will be at a disadvantage and not taken seriously.

Post Thanks / Like

Well sir, Im not sure how to take that post, cant tell if you were directing the Get your Ts Crossed and I's dotted toward me or everyone that calls. I had already stated above that I personally wanted to know what was going on before I call. So I agree, we cant afford to rush into things blindly .But I certainly plan to call once I figure out the facts.Hell it might be best just to go ahead and call then ask him point blank what are the facts and how it affects gamefowl owners or more simply poultry owners . But that would require him to be an honest man ad I don't know him so I couldn't comment on that part.
    I searched all night and most of the morning and as one stated below all I could find after hours was Sec 11616 which is still a negative thing.