Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Thread: DO I HAVE DUNGHILLS??

Post Thanks / Like

Re: DO I HAVE DUNGHILLS??

Quote Originally Posted by Brettjern View Post
    I was talking to Gary Gilliam one time and I was asking about his Roundhead and I asked was they game? His response was spot on, "there are no game roosters in Oklahoma anymore, these Roundheads killed them all". It was a funny way of saying they were game enough to put a lot of game roosters in the dead pile. Like Jimbo Cox says, "I don't raise game chickens I raise athletes".

couldnt of said it better...... great post

2. Thanks Brettjern thanked for this post
    Likes grey/dom liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brettjern View Post
    I was talking to Gary Gilliam one time and I was asking about his Roundhead and I asked was they game? His response was spot on, "there are no game roosters in Oklahoma anymore, these Roundheads killed them all". It was a funny way of saying they were game enough to put a lot of game roosters in the dead pile. Like Jimbo Cox says, "I don't raise game chickens I raise athletes".
    And we raised winners. No mattet how game the chickens are( in other meaning of gameness) if the chickens don't know how to fight to win. Its cull for us.

Our gameness is like playing basketball not boxing type. It should
    be like Ali. Not foremand type. There is no other way but to kill the opponent as fast as possible. And go home unscathed. Even he will squak during molting. Even afraid of mouse and spiders. But if tied by the knife he knows how to use it. Lmao!

4. Likes Shrek liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TopNotchfarms View Post
    couldnt of said it better...... great post
    Everyone claims Gary told em that but I don't think you better joke about it to him in person . His percentage of quitters was lower than most would believe. He also showed a lot of stag derbies so that the gameness and power aspect was not as much an advantage for others .

Few can win with cold fowl , for most if the cold is there it blows up in your face at every crucial moment . Gary didn't have 1/10 quit .. Maybe 1/100 or less

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Quapaw Kid View Post
    We use the word care too much instead of animal husbandry . I've had some pens , cords , milk jug waters .. Put them in rows like everyone else .. Same old , same old.

Great feed , fresh water but feathers in the pen and not fresh litter = good care but bad husbandry . Good care works for barnyards but husbandry is more important for gamefowl .

A cock on a walk doesnt have a feed cup or milk jug , so why we so focused on that? Hez got a territory to defend , fresh ground under every step and free from stress that weakens him .. Just exposed to good stress and things that make him create a strong system to produce testosterone and mental sharpness ..
    If culling is practiced regularly and ruthlessness. Your points shouldn’t be a problem. The problem is people don’t know how or when to cull. They have way too many bloodlines to know them intimately.
    When you have a bird acting bad that shouldn’t u cull! Everyone has mostly kn birds so they think “oh he’s just in the moult”, which might be true or he may be wrotten.

7. Likes spanky81 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

There's a reason why they call it the sport of kings gentleman.when you say Game chickens. Isn't it that what it's supposed to be. It's know world wide as the ONLY animal that will fright to the death.Butwill Never make a sound!!!!!

9. Likes lawgreyman14 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MONGOOSE View Post
    If culling is practiced regularly and ruthlessness. Your points shouldn’t be a problem. The problem is people don’t know how or when to cull. They have way too many bloodlines to know them intimately.
    When you have a bird acting bad that shouldn’t u cull! Everyone has mostly kn birds so they think “oh he’s just in the moult”, which might be true or he may be wrotten.

The breeders that bred up the old short heel fowl that created our game lg fowl were ruthless cullers but ruthless selectors too .. Hen raised , farm walked , perfect feather , wouldn't use or breed anything ever sick ..

You can't create that same kind of gameness and constitution using a subpar method .. That's the Law of Nature .

Post Thanks / Like

Gary Gilliam has probably won more derbies than any living man in the US. His fowl are not near the gamest. That doesn't mean they aren't winners. Having one quit bothers some more than others. I've had some quit just as any man that has fought hundreds have. I would rather win 75% and have a few quit me than win 50% and never have a runner. I don't like it and will cull everything closely related if 2 were to quit. Saying that I had 3 quit me in one day. One from my father a 5x winner one from V.N. a 4x winner and one of mine, a 6x winner. Still don't know why they quit but were all solid game fowl. I know it wasn't natural. As far as an old brood cock going under hack, I've had that happen in the summer when I take them out of their brood pen with hens and tie them out in the grass with the rest of my cocks. The next day they would be fine. That doesn't worry me in the least. Just as long as his son show game during show season and have a good win %.

12. Thanks Sig1911 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Quapaw Kid View Post
    The breeders that bred up the old short heel fowl that created our game lg fowl were ruthless cullers but ruthless selectors too .. Hen raised , farm walked , perfect feather , wouldn't use or breed anything ever sick ..

You can't create that same kind of gameness and constitution using a subpar method .. That's the Law of Nature .
    You cant breed super game fowl from the knife either.

14. Likes lawgreyman14 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LaBlue View Post
    Gary Gilliam has probably won more derbies than any living man in the US. His fowl are not near the gamest. That doesn't mean they aren't winners. Having one quit bothers some more than others. I've had some quit just as any man that has fought hundreds have. I would rather win 75% and have a few quit me than win 50% and never have a runner. I don't like it and will cull everything closely related if 2 were to quit. Saying that I had 3 quit me in one day. One from my father a 5x winner one from V.N. a 4x winner and one of mine, a 6x winner. Still don't know why they quit but were all solid game fowl. I know it wasn't natural. As far as an old brood cock going under hack, I've had that happen in the summer when I take them out of their brood pen with hens and tie them out in the grass with the rest of my cocks. The next day they would be fine. That doesn't worry me in the least. Just as long as his son show game during show season and have a good win %.

Will said del.... another good post

16. Thanks LaBlue thanked for this post
    Likes vizzard n tassl, Sig1911 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MONGOOSE View Post
    You cant breed super game fowl from the knife either.
    Thats why gaffers say lk ruined the sport,just like cam newton win hes winning its all smiles but when it getts rough hes got a towel over his head ,tom brady is a hatch cams a war horse lol

Post Thanks / Like

the l/k has probably been around as long as the gaff so i doubt it caused any downfall. ever had one of those game azz gaff chickens doing any crawling across the pit with his fkn guts dragging behind him??? highly doubtful if your just poking holes lol.....towel over the head what a fkn joke and most modern hatch are just that. the best rooster i ever seen set down in the gaff was a dark penny that took a gaff through the head and still won on true gameness alone after 3 hrs. +. i really doubt most of the "i got real game roosters" people on here have any of those left to be honest. just my opinion and from this point forward i plan to be a dick on most topics just a little warning

19. Thanks Al Sanchez thanked for this post
    Likes Shrek, raven jude, Al Sanchez liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by leonidas View Post
    the l/k has probably been around as long as the gaff so i doubt it caused any downfall. ever had one of those game azz gaff chickens doing any crawling across the pit with his fkn guts dragging behind him??? highly doubtful if your just poking holes lol.....towel over the head what a fkn joke and most modern hatch are just that. the best rooster i ever seen set down in the gaff was a dark penny that took a gaff through the head and still won on true gameness alone after 3 hrs. +. i really doubt most of the "i got real game roosters" people on here have any of those left to be honest. just my opinion and from this point forward i plan to be a dick on most topics just a little warning
    Dick all you want im the cock ,you just proved a point cause the last penny i seen was getting chased out of the pit by a blue face yard bredd rooster dont even know what the dad was just something on a tie cord dick

Post Thanks / Like

My Striker and Murphy White Hackle will compete in the moult. Broke leg broke wing dragging themselves across the pit. The Strikers cut to pieces will still fight hard 45 minuets in. Now I would not say that about my Brown Reds. I have not had one quit but they are not like my Striker blood. Of course I have only had them 2 years time will tell

22. Likes lawgreyman14 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LaBlue View Post
    Very well said. I loved these. Coming from a person we know that breeds and played the game. This is reality. Maybe I only fought 500 heads in my lifetime. But I saw a runner that doesn't goes back only once or twice in my game. The othe one is a 4 times winner boston rh. Some ref touches his kidney when they put him down. The other cock is dying. He lost by the peck. But still they breed him after that derby.

The orther ones are not my bred. You see. Sometimes we rent fowls to fight. He is just a cull.

If you really into playing the game. You will know that some runners are just off with their boost energy pill.

That is why some people here don't have really that experienced. It shows.

Post Thanks / Like

Used to see a lot of LK back in the day. 1 in 500 might be a fair statement.

25. Likes lawgreyman14 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by grey/dom View Post
    Very well said. I loved these. Coming from a person we know that breeds and played the game. This is reality. Maybe I only fought 500 heads in my lifetime. But I saw a runner that doesn't goes back only once or twice in my game. The othe one is a 4 times winner boston rh. Some ref touches his kidney when they put him down. The other cock is dying. He lost by the peck. But still they breed him after that derby.

The orther ones are not my bred. You see. Sometimes we rent fowls to fight. He is just a cull.

If you really into playing the game. You will know that some runners are just off with their boost energy pill.

That is why some people here don't have really that experienced. It shows.
    So it's ok to blame a energy pill if they run!!! I've heard it all now!! Mine are all under hack right now but it's ok, it's from the vi-tal in their water

27. Likes RedAngus liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Birdderfly View Post
    Dick all you want im the cock ,you just proved a point cause the last penny i seen was getting chased out of the pit by a blue face yard bredd rooster dont even know what the dad was just something on a tie cord dick
    I don't know where you are from but I got the penny blood and if it was legal I would be willing to bet you you don't have anything that would run one off any heal not all penny's are bad

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

29. Likes leonidas liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Most everything has cold blood anymore.. That bitterness is still around but few and far between.. Not many are bred to hoe the long row like alot of the younger folks breeding them.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm from sc buddy just killed 2 families of pennies both side were dung hill .you may have game ones but most are not

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Noshow View Post
    So it's ok to blame a energy pill if they run!!! I've heard it all now!! Mine are all under hack right now but it's ok, it's from the vi-tal in their water
    Come to PI. And I will welcome you. Dnt just hear it. But see it.

Mahilig ka sa tzizmiz. And you answer witout understanding.

Its no good talking to you. Please learned to understand. And use the pills when fighting not when
    raising. Wonder if you really a cocker. Ignorance shows.

Post Thanks / Like

Here's how hard it is to actually win and breed cold chickens in gaff .... 99/9% of the folks justifying it can only find one name to use as an example - Gary Gilliam . And Gary Gilliam had fewer run % wise than 99% of those saying there's are game .. so it's a helluva tail chasing party .

Post Thanks / Like

I'm from sc buddy just killed 2 families of pennies both side were dung hill .you may have game ones but most are not

SC isn't really all that well known for great gamefowl is it?

35. Likes leonidas liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I mentioned helping move an older cockers fowl in another post a few days ago. What I did not say applies to this thread. The man had been sick so he could not even see the chickens for over one year. His 16 year old grandson had placed all of he cocks in barrels half full of dirt. He fed and watered, never got a chicken out of a barrel. He had over 100 barrels in a rack. The stags were pinned , none trimmed, in the barrels and were now coming 2 years old. the rest of what I saw you can imagine. One grey cock and one roundhead cock (bull stags) by tragic accident ended up in the same cage at 7:00 in the morning. When the tragic event was discovered around 12:00 noon, they were both still pecking in 80 degree weather. THEY ARE NOW BEING LOVINGLY NURSED BACT TO HEALTH.. Mine wont do that.

37. Likes E.Mullen liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I got real game greys as well and I hope you can nurse all the fowl back to health best wishes

Post Thanks / Like

Ask them boys from georgia. Kentucky.and Virginia that question. And just last week a guy from NY came by and bought 30 cocks for 300$ a piece to ship to Mexico big name and great to different thing bill roberts junk very famous
    Quote Originally Posted by JLF2.0 View Post
    SC isn't really all that well known for great gamefowl is it?

Post Thanks / Like

Ask them boys from georgia. Kentucky.and Virginia that question. And just last week a guy from NY came by and bought 30 cocks for 300$ a piece to ship to Mexico big name and great to different thing bill roberts junk very famous

Im like a kid with a rock in his hand that see a red wasp nest.. I cant help but throw it. But in all seriousness ive never heard/seen folks from SC travel and win big derbies like you can say for the majority of the other southern states. There is always a last place and id say SC is it for gamefowl in the south.

Post Thanks / Like

Bring something we can still test here less than 5 spectators no money. No stimulants.no weapons and it's legal
    Quote Originally Posted by JLF2.0 View Post
    Im like a kid with a rock in his hand that see a red wasp nest.. I cant help but throw it. But in all seriousness ive never heard/seen folks from SC travel and win big derbies like you can say for the majority of the other southern states. There is always a last place and id say SC is it for gamefowl in the south.

Post Thanks / Like

I case you didn't know

Post Thanks / Like

Bring something we can still test here less than 5 spectators no money. No stimulants.no weapons and it's legal

Oh im just riling you up some.. I dont even have birds

44. Likes Shrek liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Be warned, JLF has the real deal Boles Asils.....just sayin

46. Thanks JLF2.0 thanked for this post
    Likes roostercm liked this post