Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Membership

Post Thanks / Like

Membership

on a serious issue... jc is thinking of closing this website.
    he has been shelling out 10k / every month to maintain
    the website and has been doing it the last 3 years.

as we all know he is no longer the coo of mcc...

can members of the website help ?... 500 pesos/year
    for members fee is all sabong.net.ph needs to keep on
    operating... pm sentinciador please thank you.

10 dollars a year. Kindly private message Sentenciador for details and/or clarifications.

Thank you and God bless Us all!

2. Thanks Sig1911 thanked for this post
    Likes jacosta, Al Sanchez, Tokio liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Membership

The question is, how much would the site change after the change?
    I have a feeling it would change for the worse.

If a small handfull of certain folks quit at once. It wouldn't be worth 1 peso...
    Just my opinion.

Maybe charge idiots like me and let the talent stay for free!

4. Likes lawgreyman14, Skincarver, Tokio liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Why don't we hold an auction and proceeds go to the site every so often?

Post Thanks / Like

10 grand every month to maintain??

Take the money and run JC.

this is sad news.. but at 10 dollars a year would we have enough?

things happen in life and I just want to extend a handshake for having the idea and making this site happen in the first place and I hope something can be worked out and agreed upon..

im a cheap SOB but $10 a year for something I use near daily.. I can’t walk down the sidewalk in my town and find s chicken person.. but I can be eating at a restaurant and be connected to this site so a chicken life is everywhere even in places where people don’t raise an egg.

”feathered fury” and steel game.com I believe used to be sites but they shut down??

sabong still carries the torch and partly because the animal freaks can’t stop the Filipino culture.. but if this site ceases to be than what?

So so I think we can’t lose this and we should try to save it.. if we can’t save the site I doubt would have a chance at making it legal again..

thank you you for all this site has contributed to the minds of cockers, breeders, and just younguns trying to learn more about this sport of kings in times gone by.

7. Thanks Black_Spur thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

For me or us with dollars. Its just a cheap bargain. 10 $ a year.
    One stop at mcdo or taco bell or subway is 10$ or more.

I can commit to this yearly. My concern is for the pinoys at home. Maybe too steep for them.

Thats my only concerned. If there is a yearly auctioned for this site. Maybe it will helps a lot

10k pesos is just 200 dollars per se.

I may not post a lot more on this site. But I still want them to run for a long time.

Its like a gratitude. If not for this site I wouldn't go fight in derbies I think.

9. Likes GoldenDragon, Al Sanchez, Black_Spur liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Online Pedigrees runs $30 Bucks a year & several other sites are from $30- $50 I've got no problem with paying for membership in those ranges. Some of the information we learn are worth far more than that. I would recommend that the Real Olé Timers should get free membership or we would loose them & their valuable experience & knowledge. Hell I'd do auction just for their membership payments if nothing else.

Sent from my Z963VL using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

With out this site I would not a 1/4 of what I've learned,so I would pay for membership,just to keep learning.

12. Thanks GoldenDragon thanked for this post
    Likes GoldenDragon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Membership

I would definitely be willing to help !!! 10$ a year or per month is nothing !! Will the administrators please post something so we can help ?!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. Likes decemz, Black_Spur, Tokio liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This should be a priority thread now so we could gather and let each every member be aware of whats going on. This site stood for 18 years now thanks to sentenciador! I think every member should help to keep this site in operation.

16. Likes decemz, GoldenDragon, Black_Spur liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This is about the only place left to talk chicken. I have no problem with a yearly membership.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BackNBlack View Post
    The question is, how much would the site change after the change?
    I have a feeling it would change for the worse.

If a small handfull of certain folks quit at once. It wouldn't be worth 1 peso...
    Just my opinion.

Maybe charge idiots like me and let the talent stay for free!
    I also wonder how the site would change . Im in no way saying that we don't owe Sentenciador all the help we can give because we do. He made all this possible . He also recently just posted a thread not long ago about how it was worth it for the vast amount of knowledge he had also got in return . But no one person can carry all the weight alone so if a membership helps keep the site up and running then I will join and see what direction it takes. Im on here a lot recently then other times Im off doing other things but one thing Ive noticed is there isn't a whole bunch of us . I just wonder if it would be enough even then to keep the site up and running. I also don't understand why ( no offense to Grey/Dom) the information is being brought out by another member and not Senteciador himself if the site is truly in danger of being shut down. If there is a problem I hope we can all pull together and resolve it in time to save the site as of now I come here daily and hope to be able to do so in the future.

19. Thanks WestTexasFowl thanked for this post
    Likes BackNBlack, WestTexasFowl liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Mr. Sentinciador, Please post what is the cost in U.S. money per month so everyone will know what we need to do. I think all the serious cockers would be willing to help keep this site up. I, for one, had no one close to me to visit or talk to. I've met a lot of guys on this site, both new and not so new and a few old guys like me and value the experiences I have had.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by grey/dom View Post
    on a serious issue... jc is thinking of closing this website.
    he has been shelling out 10k / every month to maintain
    the website and has been doing it the last 3 years.

as we all know he is no longer the coo of mcc...

can members of the website help ?... 500 pesos/year
    for members fee is all sabong.net.ph needs to keep on
    operating... pm sentinciador please thank you.

10 dollars a year. Kindly private message Sentenciador for details and/or clarifications.

Thank you and God bless Us all!
    There are legal issues if we go to this route , better consult somebody first . I'm sure people like JC knows about this . Donations might be a better option .
    waray

22. Likes Black_Spur, Skincarver liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by waray View Post
    There are legal issues if we go to this route , better consult somebody first . I'm sure people like JC knows about this . Donations might be a better option .
    waray
    That might be a better way to go about it. Lots of different ways to raise money. Raffles, Auctions , donations all would be a quicker return if the site is truly in immediate danger. Membership as you said is more of a long term fix if raising money alone failed at keeping it going. Most other Gamefowl organizations have yearly fundraisers I don't see why the same couldn't be done for Sabong Website right here on the forum. However they prefer to work it out. Hopefully we will have details straight from the man soon.

24. Likes waray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Count me in! Just need to know what to do. This is my only access to the gamefowl world at this time. I have met some very helpful knowledgeable people on here and want to continue doing so.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

26. Likes Black_Spur liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I am on this site daily, I have met and made some good friends through this site and acquired some fowl (dmm) through saving, I would gladly pay 10 bucks a month or year to keep the page going.

28. Likes lawgreyman14, LaBlue liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We have an ad for the 2012 slasher cup, May 19th and 20th finals, and for one gamefarm. What about advertisers? Like talking to Wood Enterprises, or the guy driving around selling pens and supplies, and charging guys to sell their chickens over on the other board. Forget Purina, but maybe a feed company would pay to fly their banner for a month, or a collectable maker.

Post Thanks / Like

We got a little over 45,000 members on this site if everyone would pay 10 bucks a year surely 450,000 dollars would keep up and going and who ever would make some bucks but I'm sure if we had a member ship we wouldn't have even half that many members.

31. Thanks Sig1911 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by spring creek View Post
    We got a little over 45,000 members on this site if everyone would pay 10 bucks a year surely 450,000 dollars would keep up and going and who ever would make some bucks but I'm sure if we had a member ship we wouldn't have even half that many members.
    That's why I suggested auctions either yearly or bi-yearly, and new advertisers. Charging game farms a small yearly fee to advertise. Things like that. You're right you make it pay to play and people will quit.

Post Thanks / Like

I’m in 10 bucks???? That’s a bargain.

34. Thanks Sig1911 thanked for this post
    Likes GoldenDragon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RedAngus View Post
    That's why I suggested auctions either yearly or bi-yearly, and new advertisers. Charging game farms a small yearly fee to advertise. Things like that. You're right you make it pay to play and people will quit.
    I can see doing auctions but charging gamefarms to advertise dont think that would work because most established gamefarms dont need to advertise and especially in the US most want because of the rights Activist.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

36. Likes E.Mullen, brkilr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I’m with you fellers! $10 a year.....count me in too! I’m a firm believer in this website, The Gamecock Magazine and KYGBA. I’m putting my $$$ where my mouth is.

38. Likes Black_Spur liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm all for membership. This site to too valuable to the fraternity to be lost forever. Friends and foes alike would lose contact almost instantly and the audience would miss the camaraderie and conflicts; not to mention old-time stories from Lablue and others that keep us entertained. Beginners will not be able to get advice needed to get off on the right foot. There be no more archives to search for information. Breeders will not know that other breeders live only a few miles away. We would never again hear about old far away friends' passings. I mean, this would be the end of it. The sport we love will be totally dead. A lot of people will not know what's going on in the outside world. It's bad enough the legal aspect of the game was taken away. This is our support forum. Sort of Cockers Anonymous group in a way.

I was a small time nobody, out of the sport a few years already when I found and joined this site some 14 years ago. I hardly contributed but am an avid lurker. Like I say, I was a small time nobody out of the sport but I have fond memories of when I was in it and enjoyed it immensely. Only Sabong.net.ph has kept the fire going. And I for one would like it to continue.

Not very much in support of donations and once or twice a year auctions. I don't see them sustaining the website for long. With membership it would at least be treated as a business where the establishment will have some kind of responsibility to the members and vice versa. Kudos and with great appreciation to JC and staff for even making Sabong last this long. Maraming salamat po!

40. Likes GoldenDragon, Black_Spur liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by spring creek View Post
    I can see doing auctions but charging gamefarms to advertise dont think that would work because most established gamefarms dont need to advertise and especially in the US most want because of the rights Activist.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    You're probably right, but this is a PI based site so the advertising could come into play.

Post Thanks / Like

Count me in for sure. I've made many friends on here and I've learned alot even bought a fine pair of birds from a good friend off of here and I couldn't be more satisfied with them there's alot of good people on here let's keep it going no matter what

Sent from my Z798BL using Tapatalk

43. Likes GoldenDragon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

A membership fee could possibly help weed out A lot of the refraf. Oh I'm sure there will still be disagreements but that's just part of it. But for the most part only serious cockers would be willing to pay a membership.

45. Likes GoldenDragon, BackNBlack, Black_Spur liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I've been coming on this site for 4-5 years now. I get news and information lot of little clues that may or may not help my operation. I've met several new friends here and many that may be friends. When I first found it I had never been on a sight anything like this. I try to contribute when it is a subject I know something about. I stay out of those topics I don't. But still enjoy reading. I'd say we need word from the man. Let us know how we can help JC. And thank you for this site.

Post Thanks / Like

We are in. Please post the specifics on how to be a member. We,learned a lot on this site and keep learning everyday we log in.

48. Likes GoldenDragon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RedAngus View Post
    You're probably right, but this is a PI based site so the advertising could come into play.
    Surely it would be a great blow to all...old and new members...especially those who have not experienced being one and absorbing all that can possibly be from just reading through great and very informative threads.

Wouldn't it be best if we could hear it straight from the site owner?...there is probably a ton of sponsors that would just love to be invited to 'assist'...tons and tons of them here in the Philippines ...from feed manufacturers to game fowl products such as monthly publications, game fowl supplements...etc...

Honestly speaking...if it really just takes Php 500.00 a year out of every single member...hell that's just practically 10 kilos of regular grain conditioner. How can I not hand over Php 500/annually for something that's always been open to bring me fulfillment 24/7 for 365 days?.
    Last edited by 1min.shuffle; September 3rd, 2018 at 09:43 PM.

50. Likes GoldenDragon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I know I've lurked for years before finally joining and spent years away from birds before I finally got my start back and I know this would be devastating and make it nearly impossible to keep up with the community. I only know of one feller with fowl in my county but this site has helped me find more in my state within driving distance. I would certainly kick in and would even kick in more if needed!! This site is a major asset to the community.

52. Likes GoldenDragon liked this post