Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: East Coast Allert

Post Thanks / Like

East Coast Allert

I'm sure I don't have to tell any of y'all in north or South Carolina to get ready for lots of wind and they say 4 feet of rain. If you in a holler best get them birds on high ground. Good Luck to all effected.

2. Thanks Kevin Oliver, Lee, Chickinbug thanked for this post
    Likes KevinG, Skincarver, Shrek, Lee liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: East Coast Allert

cardboard boxes from store and place then up high out of water reach where dry... stay safe.......

4. Likes Lee, jacosta liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Got indoor fly pens and steel pens secure just the square pens left got 24 jeep stalls may have to use carry stalls hope I don't have to use the phillipino boxes but if I do I do

6. Likes Lee liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks you , Mr. LaBlue for the post. Iam right here at Wilmington ,NC. I hate the Hurricane , it will destroy everythings . People will loose everythings they build for their whole life.

Post Thanks / Like

remember to put everything up that will blow due to if it hits something then it could break..... GOD BLESS and stay safe...

9. Thanks Lee thanked for this post
    Likes Skincarver liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

When the power is out they can't pump fuel, or water, be prepared. Fire up the generator now before you need it. This is just a short list of what I seem to ignore every time.
    Oh yeah were the land stands on edge the water moves. Us Florida boys aren't used to that.

11. Likes Lee liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Stay safe out there gents prayers sent your way from New Mexico

13. Thanks Lee thanked for this post
    Likes Krackers Koop liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Just last week Flo was headed my way,some how she stayed south of us now she is west of us and headed to the east coast.I'm about 700 miles east of the Carolina's and the wind has picked up the last couple of hours.This storm is only moving at 10 mph so be ready for a long one. STAY SAFE.

15. Likes Lee liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Thanks you , Mr. LaBlue for the post. Iam right here at Wilmington ,NC. I hate the Hurricane , it will destroy everythings . People will loose everythings they build for their whole life.
    I'm right down the road from you lee I'm in whiteville all we can do is tie everything down and hope for the best

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

17. Thanks Lee thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hope everyone stays safe prayers going out for all of you guys.

19. Thanks Lee thanked for this post
    Likes Krackers Koop liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I don’t know how u men do it. Im not sure what I’d do other than rent a big truck and box them all up and leave.

21. Likes Lee liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Coker1988, the weather man said 140 mph wind and bring a lots of water . It is a Monster !!! Will see how is it ???

Post Thanks / Like

I pray for everyone involved, those winds are something and those of us who live near a shore line (within 100 miles) know those winds are a son of a ....... Good lord saved us last year from those destructive winds. We had one coming right at us and it slightly turned at the last second, stalled, weakened and just dumped alot of rain mostly in the Houston area. It was good enough though to not take the brunt of it. I had to laugh because my garage looked like Noah's Ark, I went out there and brought in all that I could, starting with broods that I truly needed and then some spring 2017 hatchings along with whatever else I could bring in. I had bins everywhere filled with the stags and pullets multiple deep, taped legs together on cocks everywhere and lying near one another, up on top of boxes you name it. Its very dark in there so I had no issues. Wld check on them from time to time,lights on and over time a stag would manage to loosen it up and hop around lol. It was alot of work bringing em in and then taking em back out, but I laughed if off because it could have been far worse so for that I was so thankful.

Fast fwd to now one year later and our east coast people have one breathing down their neck, despite the fact that the season is almost over! So close. Its been raining here for 3 days non stop now, we needed it but damnit it's ridiculous Lol. Its supposed to rain all week and then there is a tropical wave or something making its way into the Gulf of Mex and our coast, according to the model, is the target area. Son of a B, and dad and I had just talked about that the other day. I sure hope it doesnt form as you never know if its us or the Louisiana coast line, they are so unpredictable. Best wishes to all and be smart up there.
    Last edited by KevinG; September 12th, 2018 at 02:36 PM.

24. Likes avalos1991 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks like it's going to be ugly, I can only bring some many in filling up keep stalls and drop pens, Mexican boxes as a last resort but it's still hot do yri to do the best I can . Birds on cords will have to tough it out, dome pens staked and wired to the post. Going to be wet and windy. Hang in there coker .

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Lee see your from Wilmington. You are in our prayers. Hopefully the storm will just move along and not dump too much water on you. I have a hunting cabin not far from you rite outside white lake. Hope it's still standing after the sucker moves out. Keep us updated if able.God bless you and your family and all of those in the storms path.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by country View Post
    Looks like it's going to be ugly, I can only bring some many in filling up keep stalls and drop pens, Mexican boxes as a last resort but it's still hot do yri to do the best I can . Birds on cords will have to tough it out, dome pens staked and wired to the post. Going to be wet and windy. Hang in there coker .
    Thank you country. I been working all evening I've put hurricane clips on my flypens and cockhouse this evening. I hope all is well your way and stay safe we will be praying everyone is ok

Post Thanks / Like

They say I look at it worry about things you can change i cant change the weather so is what it is guess well have a hurricane party

29. Likes RedAngus liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

You men keep me in mind if you get in a bind and have some needs you just can't fill. I live just up from the VA state line and could load up with something and be around Wilmington in 3 1/2 hours, at least after the dust settles and they'll let you in. We were looking at the same situation but she shifted south. We always say if you need anything holler, and I don't know any of you but, if you need anything holler hahhaaha.
    I could load up feed, water, food or fuel and be there in a while. You could PM me or take my number and call direct if you get in a pinch and have to have something you just can't get because of where you are and whats happened. 757-536-0406

Post Thanks / Like

I am in Lumberton Nc. We are hopeing it doesn't do us like Matthew did. Lost everything and had to start over then

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Cocker88 was talking with country this morning, he said your gonna be right in the thick of it. Be safe, fowl can be replaced. Our prayers are going out to all whom might be effected by the storm.

Post Thanks / Like

Prayers y'all. I am in east coast but its like not going our way. I am in Maryland.

People are more important than chickens. Stay safe and stay strong!

God be with Y'All during this times!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by southernX View Post
    Cocker88 was talking with country this morning, he said your gonna be right in the thick of it. Be safe, fowl can be replaced. Our prayers are going out to all whom might be effected by the storm.
    It's not looking good we're going to try and ride it out I have all my birds boxed up and the storm has weakened a little so maybe we'll all be fine let's just keep praying

35. Likes KevinG liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by coker1988 View Post
    It's not looking good we're going to try and ride it out I have all my birds boxed up and the storm has weakened a little so maybe we'll all be fine let's just keep praying

Went down to a 2 Coker thank God but still yet strong wind and the massive rainfall so I hear you. Im watching now and the outerbands have hit, eye is approaching. You still have internet so If anything thats a good sign. Hope it goes well and take care!
    Last edited by KevinG; September 14th, 2018 at 04:21 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KevinG View Post
    Went down to a 2 Coker thank God but still yet strong wind and the massive rainfall so I hear you. Im watching now and the outerbands have hit, eye is approaching. You still have internet so If anything thats a good sign. Hope it goes well and take care!
    Thanks for the concerns kevinG I dont know how but we still have power there's very few left with power in this area and it's getting rougher by the minute

Post Thanks / Like

Just watching National Weather Channel and forecast is significant rain til Monday at Wilmington.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by coker1988 View Post
    Thanks for the concerns kevinG I dont know how but we still have power there's very few left with power in this area and it's getting rougher by the minute

That is why I have two generators. We loose power almost every storm

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BostonMurphy View Post
    That is why I have two generators. We loose power almost every storm
    I have a 10500 hooked up I know it can't be but a few more minutes and we will have to crank it up. They just reported a wind gust in Wilmington 105MPH

41. Likes BostonMurphy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

stay safe our brothers in the community GOD BLESS

Post Thanks / Like

Heard a few people have died in the storm. Hope everyone and their family is safe. With all the power outages I know it may be awhile before we hear from them. Our prayers or with each and every one of you. God bless all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I also heard that at least 4 have died so far . What really gets me is that my wife was reading comments somewhere about the storm and you just wouldn't believe some of the things people say . For instance was that it didn't matter if it drown the whole state or any of the southern states that none of us contribute to society anyway and that all the technology comes from other parts of the country . BS . Another was if you saw a kid drowning or your dog which would you save and about 90% replied their pet. Yet another one was that people that left their pets during this storm should be prosecuted upon their return. Now just how sick have people got these days. Its unbelievable. I hate to imagine what they think of gamefowl owners. I would also like to see them cut off from all agriculture and other things that the southern states contribute. See how their minds changed when their a$$es were starving to death. Sorry to rant but that type people , well, Ill refrain from saying what they need. Hope everyone stays safe from harm until its over.