Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Insomnia is truly a bad thing

Post Thanks / Like

Insomnia is truly a bad thing

I have sat up tonight and worried over rev-23's problem. Worried over a 300 lb boar bear. Saw my cougar today, she has a new litter. Let me tell y'all I was sweating bullets. I walked over behind the creek where one of my fences is going in. Those babies was playing, took me way to long to spot her, if she hasn't been twitching her tail I wouldn't have seen her. I counted 3....

Over on the other place I rode the "4 wheeler" to the top of the hill and walked down to the brome field. The deer have wrecked it. I counted 23, and there were some nice nice racks down there. How bout that Rev your number.

My neighbor showed me pics of the bear today, I might have to start carrying a muzzle loader with me everywhere.

Kept sparring with my mom on how to put a brace into the garden fence, If I catch her gone tomorrow I'm going to finish that thing. I am finishing the ford, sick of waiting on my son.

Worked on another dome pen today, and fixed up an old 4x4 wire pen that's 20 years old. I looked at tie chords today, and they are getting outrageous. I may have to make a bunch, still trying to figure out how to make the end the chord comes out of On an Oklahoma hitch. Hen and some stag hitches ain't real hard to make.

I sprayed heifers and horses for flies, went for a couple walks. My legs are telling me they don't like carrying my fat butt around.

Kicking around the idea of going to my cousins tomorrow and have him take me to Charlie Johnson's. The Radio guy not the Albany guy. See if I can get in on cutting his hay next year. I ain't seen him since Dennis was still alive.

A friend mentioned as I clear I should buy and plant pecans. The more I think of it the more I like it. My only problem is I have an excellent tree rat population. Guess I'm going to have to invest in a couple hound pups. Going to have to put a dent in coons for sure, and if I go that route I'll have to put a dent in squirrels.

A friend here local made his own roundhead family. I came up with an idea how to do that myself after talking to him. Tweak his idea to fit my own twisted vision. When I'm done they'll probably come 80% pea combed at first. They'll probably come 30%-50% man fighters with my luck. 6-12 years to make the family minimum.
    Last edited by RedAngus; September 13th, 2018 at 03:37 PM.

2. Likes RLaurent14, KevinG, Thunderbirds, LaBlue liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Insomnia is truly a bad thing

Brother you need to set down you wore me clean out just read all that, and stop frettn ovr my neighbor and i. I always come out on top. Brother, maybe you and I can get 2gether for a visit this fall.

Post Thanks / Like

Holy crap! I thought I had a lot of $hit to do! You need to learn to relax. Lifeís not a race. Slow down and enjoy the ride. All that crap will always be there. I think of it this way when Iím on my deathbed am I going to be wishing I did more crap or spent more time with my loved ones.
    By the way. U write real good.

5. Thanks RedAngus thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That's it I'm on vacation starting now.

7. Likes RLaurent14, KevinG, RedAngus, southernX liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Man, your busy. Good write up. Insomnia can be bad. I have had it and use to take medication for it. After 2 or 3 nights without much sleep you start to feel like crap. Your days turn into crap and you don’t feel like doing much. Good luck.

9. Likes RedAngus liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rev-23 View Post
    Brother you need to set down you wore me clean out just read all that, and stop frettn ovr my neighbor and i. I always come out on top. Brother, maybe you and I can get 2gether for a visit this fall.
    When I say worrying about you, it's crossed my mind how a man could get through that conversation without full blown war with the neighbor.

Post Thanks / Like

I appreciate all y'all that's a drop in the bucket. I do what I can as I can. As far as the insomnia it's on days I walk too much. My leg gets to killing me and I can't get comfortable to sleep. Then I settle in and think too much, after I wrote that, I dropped right off. Have a good one yall.

My parents are horrible about making more work out of something than it needs to be.

12. Likes KevinG liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RedAngus View Post
    I have sat up tonight and worried over rev-23's problem. Worried over a 300 lb boar bear. Saw my cougar today, she has a new litter. Let me tell y'all I was sweating bullets. I walked over behind the creek where one of my fences is going in. Those babies was playing, took me way to long to spot her, if she hasn't been twitching her tail I wouldn't have seen her. I counted 3....

Over on the other place I rode the "4 wheeler" to the top of the hill and walked down to the brome field. The deer have wrecked it. I counted 23, and there were some nice nice racks down there. How bout that Rev your number.

My neighbor showed me pics of the bear today, I might have to start carrying a muzzle loader with me everywhere.

Kept sparring with my mom on how to put a brace into the garden fence, If I catch her gone tomorrow I'm going to finish that thing. I am finishing the ford, sick of waiting on my son.

Worked on another dome pen today, and fixed up an old 4x4 wire pen that's 20 years old. I looked at tie chords today, and they are getting outrageous. I may have to make a bunch, still trying to figure out how to make the end the chord comes out of On an Oklahoma hitch. Hen and some stag hitches ain't real hard to make.

I sprayed heifers and horses for flies, went for a couple walks. My legs are telling me they don't like carrying my fat butt around.

Kicking around the idea of going to my cousins tomorrow and have him take me to Charlie Johnson's. The Radio guy not the Albany guy. See if I can get in on cutting his hay next year. I ain't seen him since Dennis was still alive.

A friend mentioned as I clear I should buy and plant pecans. The more I think of it the more I like it. My only problem is I have an excellent tree rat population. Guess I'm going to have to invest in a couple hound pups. Going to have to put a dent in coons for sure, and if I go that route I'll have to put a dent in squirrels.

A friend here local made his own roundhead family. I came up with an idea how to do that myself after talking to him. Tweak his idea to fit my own twisted vision. When I'm done they'll probably come 80% pea combed at first. They'll probably come 30%-50% man fighters with my luck. 6-12 years to make the family minimum.
    brother in our community i was diagnosed 5 years ago with brain disease from sports/fighting/and injuries to the brain they call it post concussion syndrome (CTE) i have had issues sleeping for many many years we tried many things i take meds for it now the meds i have been on for 3 years are starting to get where they don't work i understand what ur going through see a doctor about it and see what is ava for you. sleeping is very important to our body and health.....

14. Likes RLaurent14, KevinG, RedAngus liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Honestly I probably do have that. It used to be known as pugilists disease. That's one thing I don't want to be diagnosed with. They use anything they can to take away gun rights these days, I would imagine that's on the list.

Post Thanks / Like

2words for you guys; “CBD OIL”. It’s the stuff that helps insomnia in weed, BUT WITHOUT THE HIGH. Helps aches & pains too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MONGOOSE View Post
    2words for you guys; “CBD OIL”. It’s the stuff that helps insomnia in weed, BUT WITHOUT THE HIGH. Helps aches & pains too.
    i been told about this my GF is using it for an issue however i havent i think you might be right.

18. Thanks nem76 thanked for this post
    Likes Al Sanchez, nem76 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CIGAR View Post
    i been told about this my GF is using it for an issue however i havent i think you might be right.
    Cigar I think it might worth looking into my friend. Iíve been reading good things about it. Iím doing my own research on it so that I can get some for my dad who has pancreas issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

20. Likes KevinG liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It is certainly worth looking into. There are many different forms and many many things it helps with but doesn't always work for everyone but worth the try.

22. Likes KevinG liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I was going to say the same thing cbd oil try to get stuff that is just oil and no fillers lots of fakes out there just like all it works i started using it as well for my dog who get seizures

24. Likes KevinG liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MONGOOSE View Post
    My wife done a paper on it for her nursing school program and CBd oil comes from hemp. Not marijuana. But mongoose is right got my Mawmaw suffers from bad migraines and I have insomnia and it has helped both of us tremendously. You won’t get high or nothing it has a relaxing effect. I myself take random drug test all the time and it won’t show up.

26. Likes KevinG, roostercm, nem76, RedAngus liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cbd oil also comes from marijuana however the cbd oil that is out now is from hemp. Its best to have both thc and cbd to get the full affects

28. Likes KevinG, BackNBlack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Good read you. Must have a good 20 acres +

Post Thanks / Like

300 my great grand dad bought back during the beginning of the depression. I think he paid $385 for it. It was 300 acres of graze, open range state at the time.

My grandpa bought it in the late 50s from him, raised jerseys, Madigin greys, clarets, Texas rangers, vibrators and Dragon muffs, but they threw occasional toppies. Dad bought it in the late 90s, I'll be buying it soon enough I reckon.

31. Likes RLaurent14, KevinG, matt59 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Garden fence is done! I caught a break, she followed dad to the hay field. Now I'm headed down to dig corner post holes for a cross fence after lunch.

33. Thanks KevinG thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Gotta love it finished up the pecan Orchard getting ready to see what comes back down with this storm taking the duals of the 310 & 250 peanuts are ready to dig & defoliated the cotton on first planted Feilds starting to get busy busy myself at the moment I'm pouring peanuts in my coke enjoying a shade watching the sky get full of the first bands of rain of Florence

Sent from my Z963VL using Tapatalk

35. Likes nem76, KevinG, hoghunterdave, RedAngus liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Not much to it yetIMG_20180913_160129.jpgIMG_20180913_154827.jpg

Sent from my Z963VL using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I was digging post holes I don't know what spooked her but the Paso broke out of the lot somehow, I had to catch her, I thought I was pouring sweat before. You should see the deer and coon sign on the creek.

Definitely need some hounds.

Post Thanks / Like

With hunting season around the corner I don't know if you're bitching or bragging. Lol fill the freezer

Post Thanks / Like

Been kicking around the idea myself. Dont know much about it other than the basics . Iv had scoliosis since i was 13 im now 46 and just cant handle the pain like i use to. I had been on pain meds but because of the opioid epedemic they are taken me off of them. Iv been off them for a few weeks and i am beyond miserable sleep maybe 2 hrs a night work a full time job and maintain about 300 birds. Up at 5a.m get back in around 9:30pm. iv had every injection and type of therapy there is available. been told i have two choices live with the pain or have surgery. I just dont want to get oil thats not the real deal so many scammers out there.

40. Likes RedAngus liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I was digging post holes I don't know what spooked her but the Paso broke out of the lot somehow, I had to catch her, I thought I was pouring sweat before. You should see the deer and coon sign on the creek.

Definitely need some hounds.
    If it were me , when I got thru I wouldn't have bear or cat problems---1st order of business for me. Scent of these could have spooked your pony. Then I would fix my tiecords. Next I would probably go fishing. I've had sleeping issues since I was a teenager. Probably caused from concussions from football.(6) Way undersize and scrapping nearly every weekend. Worked all my life on no sleep or not over 4 hrs. Still do it and take a pill to get that much sleep. Don't pay any attention to it any more. When my partner and I used to travel showing, he would say " you still up when I go to sleep and you up when I wake up. He told all our friends I never slept. But he would sleep propped up in bed, snoring like a train with his eyes half open.
    Another tip. I would test myself about caffeine. Coffee puts me to sleep. Colas, chocolate, sweet tea keeps me awake. All at same time I stay awake for 3 days.

42. Likes RLaurent14, KevinG, RedAngus liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Coffee turns me into Cornholio, I might even have my shirt pulled up on my head, and hands in the air, the rest of the time I'm just Beavis. I rarely touch cola anymore.

It was walking more than usual, I'm going to have to have this hip replaced someday.

44. Likes Skincarver liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I would tell you to slow down as well but you probably wouldn't anyway lol. On the other side of the coin the ones that are willing to put the most in are the ones that get the most return . A lot of people might stand back and say look at that lucky a$$hole he has it made. But when you get right down to the fact of the matter they didn't get it handed to them they had the drive and ambition to do the things most people wouldn't do. Its those type people that truly do get ahead in life.My hats off to you for it. Just know every now and then to need to step back from that $hit so you don't burn out. LOL, listen at me telling you. Im as lazy as I can be and don't care to admit it. I seemed to only want to do just enough to get me through anymore. I guess I got enough hard work back when I laid block now I just do what has to be done.

I know what you mean about working with pains and trying to sleep. Im for d**n sure no stranger to pain. For years I went through a bout with Cluster Headaches AKA Suicide Headaches. I probably wouldn't wish them on my worst enemy. They would go away for a while then a few months later be right back. Starting with one a day every day 7 days a week until the built up to one point I was having like 10 a day for about 15 to 20 minutes at a time. By god you talk about hurting during that 15 to 20 minutes son , I would have crashed into on coming traffic if I had thought it would have made it stop at one point. It was all behind my right eye , stinging burning pain that felt like some kinda little devil was back in there trying to drill a hole and crawl out through my eyeball. Then they would go away again for months at a time. Trying to lay brick or do carpentry work 2 story high with one was next to impossible. Couldn't take pain killers cause they didn't last long enough , and couldn't afford to be groggy up that high.Plus the pain usually just burned right through anyway.I think they started back when I worked for a few years building boats . Don't know if breathing that $hit triggered them or what . Knock on would Ive not had any in a few years and hope I never do again.

Then a couple years back I got bit by a tick and Ive not been worth a $hit ever since. Had some strange issues pop up and got checked out for lyme disease and all sorts of things but they said Im all good. So I just wrote it up to getting older and being lazy. LMAO . Doctors seem to be like our rights in this country any more , meaning we don't have none.
    Last edited by Skincarver; September 14th, 2018 at 01:38 PM.

46. Likes RedAngus, hoghunterdave, KevinG liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Coffee turns me into Cornholio, I might even have my shirt pulled up on my head, and hands in the air, the rest of the time I'm just Beavis. I rarely touch cola anymore.

It was walking more than usual, I'm going to have to have this hip replaced someday.

Are you threating me LMAO

48. Thanks RedAngus thanked for this post
    Likes RedAngus liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It was a good read and a hell of a day thats for sure. Im glad I read this because now I know moreso that insomnia among men, myself included, is alot higher than the nonexistent effect in women. I never knew of a woman respectfully, my own mother included, who cldnt just lay their head on a pillow and be out like a bulb within a minute lol. I always said and still say to them and to myself how lucky they were when I was lying there wide awake still yet, wish I cld do that. What sucks is even when I exhaust myself to death out side physically, still doesnt put me to sleep because now my mind is restless. So many times Ive reached for a device and say I guess Ill read Sabong lol. I cant recall the last time I slept the recommended 7 or 8 hours that alot of people do. In the past 3 days Ive slept 10 to 11 hours. Norm for me is 4 to 5 and I can function without issue. I guess there s the proof in that our mind keeps rolling (thinking) and or its another issue like Cigar's or your leg cramping up after prolonged use (nerve?), Huron's scoliosis or SkinC's splitting headaches either way in conglomerate it stresses and tears a body down and we usually hit the grave sooner than women as a result. Think about the fact that there are far more women widowers than there are men (at least in my world) so there may be some truth to that. Its like they have a shut off and on switch lol, what the hell That Cbd oil is effective and if one is in daily pain give it a shot. Boxers in the area use the real stuff sometimes, cannabis mixed with rubbing alcohol, let it sit and then rub it on.

Best wishes to you with those bear and everything out on your plot. It sounds like alot but Im sure having been raised on it, its customary and you are used to that. Takes alot to keep it up.

SF
    Last edited by KevinG; September 14th, 2018 at 02:28 PM.

50. Likes Skincarver, RedAngus liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HURON View Post
    Been kicking around the idea myself. Dont know much about it other than the basics . Iv had scoliosis since i was 13 im now 46 and just cant handle the pain like i use to. I had been on pain meds but because of the opioid epedemic they are taken me off of them. Iv been off them for a few weeks and i am beyond miserable sleep maybe 2 hrs a night work a full time job and maintain about 300 birds. Up at 5a.m get back in around 9:30pm. iv had every injection and type of therapy there is available. been told i have two choices live with the pain or have surgery. I just dont want to get oil thats not the real deal so many scammers out there.
    Have u ever heard of Kratom? Suppose to relieve pain and good for opioid withdrawal.

52. Thanks HURON thanked for this post
    Likes leonidas liked this post