Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HURRICANE MICHAEL

Post Thanks / Like

HURRICANE MICHAEL

Hope all our gamefowl brothers and their fowl stay safe during this hurricane. Its suppose to be the worst one since the early 90s for the U.S. . Theyre saying its up to a category 5 now and already claimed one life. Be safe .

2. Likes jacosta, spring creek, KevinG liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: HURRICANE MICHAEL

Yes hope everyone is safe I know HeavyD is down that way somewhere hopefully hes safe and will chim in so we know he is.

4. Likes Skincarver, KevinG liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I sure hope for the best and pray for the people in those affected areas. The surge has many places in as much as 6 to 8 feet under water. Its now in central Georgia and making its way into the Carolina's. They just got hit with a ton of water and now more is on its way.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by spring creek View Post
    Yes hope everyone is safe I know HeavyD is down that way somewhere hopefully hes safe and will chim in so we know he is.
    That's what I was thinking that he and a few others would be pretty close to the eye of the storm. Hope they are fairing well. I think Roudheadman is down that way as well.

Post Thanks / Like

There be a lot sabong members from California . All sanzhez i Think also. I hope they and their fowl keep save.

8. Thanks Skincarver thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah it's gonna get rough here around 2 in the morning. I may stay up just to see it through. The eye is about 6 counties over from me now.

10. Likes Skincarver liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by White thai View Post
    There be a lot sabong members from California . All sanzhez i Think also. I hope they and their fowl keep save.
    God bless u buddy. U must have slept through geography.

12. Thanks White thai thanked for this post
    Likes RLaurent14, Skincarver liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brettjern View Post
    Yeah it's gonna get rough here around 2 in the morning. I may stay up just to see it through. The eye is about 6 counties over from me now.
    It want be long if it's that close stay safe.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

14. Thanks Brettjern thanked for this post
    Likes Skincarver liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Skincarver View Post
    That's what I was thinking that he and a few others would be pretty close to the eye of the storm. Hope they are fairing well. I think Roudheadman is down that way as well.
    Birdslayer maybe down that way to cant remember may be there all safe.

Post Thanks / Like

Birdslayer maybe down that way to cant remember may be there all safe.

I don't think Birdslayer likes me that much but don't want to hear anything bad happen to the ol boy or his family and fowl.
    We paid our memberships on the same day though so I know when his is up mine is due again too lol.

17. Likes White thai liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm 40 miles South of the eye..not real bad here

19. Likes Skincarver liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I was on my way down to Albany Georgia 2day to unload our supply tailor for the nxt job. Wen my boss called my and told me 2 turn around cuz of the storm. I spoke with Georgia outlaw a bit ago and He said the worst was about over for him and those around him. So I will head down n the morning.

21. Thanks Sig1911 thanked for this post
    Likes RedAngus, cutcutcut, Skincarver liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I live 3 blocks off Panama City Beach. 28ft elevation. I left out at 9pm Tues. nite. Storm turned east Wed. morning and hit land 5 mi. NW of Mexico beach close to Tyndell Air Force Base. Wind clocked there at 129 mph. Toucan's, a poplar restaurant, totally gone. Overall too much damage to list but the dry dock buildings around Grand Lagoon at Panama City Beach is a disaster area. Have some damage to homes on my street. One house lost complete roof. Going back home Friday if the law will let us back in the neighborhood. My new home, built to new codes for the beach area stood up very well. No damage from what I hear. Very lucky storm shifted. Storm liked 3 mph being Cat. 5 Pressure was 917 mlbs. Lowest on record.
    Last edited by RHman1026; October 11th, 2018 at 04:42 PM.

23. Thanks Sig1911 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RHman1026 View Post
    I live 3 blocks off Panama City Beach. 28ft elevation. I left out at 9pm Tues. nite. Storm turned east Wed. morning and hit land 5 mi. NW of Mexico beach close to Tyndell Air Force Base. Wind clocked there at 129 mph. Toucan's, a poplar restaurant, totally gone. Overall too much damage to list but the dry dock buildings around Grand Lagoon at Panama City Beach is a disaster area. Have some damage to homes on my street. One house lost complete roof. Going back home Friday if the law will let us back in the neighborhood. My new home, built to new codes for the beach area stood up very well. No damage from what I hear. Very lucky storm shifted. Storm liked 3 mph being Cat. 5 Pressure was 917 mlbs. Lowest on record.
    Glad to hear your ok and maybe your home and belongings are to.

25. Likes Skincarver, RLaurent14 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RHman1026 View Post
    Glad to hear you got out and didn't get too much damage to your home. I heard it was gonna be the worst since 1992. Maybe even worse than that. Havent turned on the news yet. Im sure some places got extremely bad.Good luck on getting back in home.YFIS

Post Thanks / Like

We were very fortunate here in my neck of the woods! Thank the lord, that turn to the east saved us. The same can not be said about those 2 hours to our east. This one was a beast.

28. Thanks spring creek thanked for this post
    Likes Chickinbug, LaBlue, KevinG, spring creek liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyD View Post
    We were very fortunate here in my neck of the woods! Thank the lord, that turn to the east saved us. The same can not be said about those 2 hours to our east. This one was a beast.
    Glad to hear you, your family and your fowl are safe. I really hate it for the ones that got hit. Short of losing a loved one not much I can think of would be worse than losing your house and everything you owe. Especially ones that might not have insurance or anything. Its crazy how one day you can have everything and then the next have nothing.

30. Likes KevinG, HeavyD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

[IMG][/IMG]

Didnt miss us by much

32. Likes GingerSpeeder, Skincarver, Nauvoo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

hope all is well heavy....................................

34. Likes HeavyD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Michael is/was a Record breaker in America as a whole, but also Florida Panhandle.. since record keeping began in 1851.

my heart goes out To The Fellow Countrymen and countrywomen. May you rebuild stronger... I don’t like reading about storms but so far seems no great loss of life, which is a miracle.. but everyone over there are experienced Hurricane survivors, Bless You.

Georgia and Alabama looking to get some.. flash floods?

GA outlaw your at risk I hope you’re on high ground away from this storm, and all the old timers raising a few old lines hope they’re alright.. Save the Claiborne’s!

36. Likes Skincarver, KevinG liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Good news thus far from Sabong members, glad to hear! I know that some weren't as fortunate to escape heavy damage, my thoughts go out to every one of them. RhMan mentioned the millibars, it generated alot of force in short distance that's for sure. To not have sustained any damage on a new home is incredible and good news. Those warm and shallow waters towards the edges of the Gulf is like heaven for those hurricanes. We have been very blessed here for quite some time, and I thank God for that.

SF

Post Thanks / Like

I sure hope everyone is alright. I am good I'm way down south all we got was some wind and just a touch of rain and the surfers got some decent waves for once. I haven't had a chance to call Hoghunter Dave he's north of me and see how he did. Krackercoop should be probably the one to worry about the most it was headed to his door step but I talked to my folk that live in the same county as him and yesterday morning wasn't bad but didn't get in last night til after 11 and my household was asleep so not real sure how the Tallahassee area was affected. Al Sanchez is closest to me and hope all is well for him but I don't see him getting much bad weather either

39. Thanks spring creek thanked for this post
    Likes Skincarver, LaBlue, KevinG, spring creek liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I talked to my brother in the gulf shores of Alabama and he said they had beautiful weather all day. Roostercm is another one I'm a little worried about he was somewhat in its path too but it had some land to travel before getting his way so hopefully it wasn't to bad but I'm going to see if I can get ahold of him later and see how it is

41. Thanks roostercm thanked for this post
    Likes roostercm liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope everybody made it through ok.

Post Thanks / Like

This storm is not only a powerful one but luckily its a track star. Woke up to it off Tampa and it was in Georgia by night. Hope it doesn't slow down in the Carolinas. They have enough water for now. Still need to send prayers up for the Mexico Beach area. That little town is about a total loss.

Post Thanks / Like

Crippled my part of the country we all feeling this one very hard no positive on exactly how much destruction yet but it is devastating! Thankful to still be here! Lost a few fowl but I can replace those here is where I was at 9:30 last night & at 12:30 I was dang near dead center of the eye of Michael I hope to never be in anything like that again Mother Nature is nothing to play with we should have power back in 4-6 days so I will be burning up the car charger IMG_20181011_132312.jpgIMG_20181011_122752.jpgScreenshot_2018-10-10-21-29-50.jpgScreenshot_2018-10-10-21-29-30.jpg

Sent from my Z963VL using Tapatalk

45. Thanks Skincarver, RedAngus, LaBlue thanked for this post
    Likes Birdslayer86 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GA OUTLAW View Post
    Crippled my part of the country we all feeling this one very hard no positive on exactly how much destruction yet but it is devastating! Thankful to still be here! Lost a few fowl but I can replace those here is where I was at 9:30 last night & at 12:30 I was dang near dead center of the eye of Michael I hope to never be in anything like that again Mother Nature is nothing to play with we should have power back in 4-6 days so I will be burning up the car charger IMG_20181011_132312.jpgIMG_20181011_122752.jpgScreenshot_2018-10-10-21-29-50.jpgScreenshot_2018-10-10-21-29-30.jpg

Sent from my Z963VL using Tapatalk
    Sorry to hear that , at least you made it through that's the main thing.You would think in this day and age we would have some way to control the weather or at least lessen the severity of it. But I guess stuff like that loses out to more important BS like stopping gamefol breeders or who hurt whos feelings in Hollywood this week. Yes sir, Mother Nature doesn't discriminate she will roll right over anything and everything in her way.
    So youre back at home now?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hoghunterdave View Post
    This storm is not only a powerful one but luckily its a track star. Woke up to it off Tampa and it was in Georgia by night. Hope it doesn't slow down in the Carolinas. They have enough water for now. Still need to send prayers up for the Mexico Beach area. That little town is about a total loss.
    I hear you. It formed and crept up fast as it moved right through unlike the last one that bogged down. It moved so fast the sucker was still well formed when it was over center GA. Keep moving is right. I saw an electric company with a fleet of about at least 100 pole trucks and diggers ready to go, good thing.

48. Likes HeavyD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CIGAR View Post
    hope all is well heavy....................................
    Yes sir. No issues here. We were lucky

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyD View Post
    Yes sir. No issues here. We were lucky

Glad to hear all is well....

51. Likes HeavyD liked this post