Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 40

Thread: Cock fighting illegal in Puerto Rico?

  1. #1
    Senior Member MONGOOSE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    6,259

    Cock fighting illegal in Puerto Rico?

    Looks like Trump has or is going to make cock fighting ILLEGAL in Puerto Rico. It will remain legal for one year from now then gone.

  2. #2
    Senior Member tonetone559's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    California
    Posts
    828

    Re: Cock fighting illegal in Puerto Rico?

    Does anyone know if this would effect Guam?

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Venice Beach
    Posts
    67

    Re: Cock fighting illegal in Puerto Rico?

    Quote Originally Posted by tonetone559 View Post
    Does anyone know if this would effect Guam?
    From what I am understanding all US Territories

  4. #4
    Senior Member KevinG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Lone Star State
    Posts
    918

    Re: Cock fighting illegal in Puerto Rico?

    Seeing the way things are run here, despite any active fed oversight and legislature in place, its going to be up to the PR People to abide by it or not. Fair example has been put on full display here whether or not local governments let alone states adhere to fed law. I found it unbelievable at first that they could blatantly ignore and circumvent fed law without any fear of punishment or reprisal but its still happening today so I guess its a right they obviously have?? Its really that simple as our states are allowed to more and more govern themselves in whatever fashion they see fit, then so shld the territories. I cant fathom how they wld fold to some clueless cupcake lady saying that she took a survey of 1000 people and only a 1/3rd of that pathetic sample size was favorable to the sport, thus resulting in a ban being crammed down their throats and absent of any representation by The People and any consideration for them whatsoever. Id love to see that survey also, having serious doubt to its veracity and if it even exists. If legit, 33.33 percent is nothing to sneeze at and that amount is well worthy of recognition and its due respect. Im so sick of how the inferiorly weak tell the stronger people how to run and live their lives. This isnt going to be as easy as these naive and dumb interest groups/politicians think its going to be. It is the true essence of tyranny in a sense that its highly unreasonable for a govt to force such a lifestyle change by simply overstepping the voice of The People as a whole at the behest of one small and perpetually ignorant group. I dont blame The People of those areas for being up in arms about this entire process. Its wrong as a society for their govt to instill law in this manner and its politically charged at the highest unethical and immoral level by simply allowing this to take place.
    SF
    Last edited by KevinG; December 15th, 2018 at 04:47 PM.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Al Sanchez's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    4,003

    Re: Cock fighting illegal in Puerto Rico?

    Very well said my Friend.. Its not quite done yet... This might take awhile in the courts..
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinG View Post
    Seeing the way things are run here, despite any active fed oversight and legislature in place, its going to be up to the PR People to abide by it or not. Fair example has been put on full display here whether or not local governments let alone states adhere to fed law. I found it unbelievable at first that they could blatantly ignore and circumvent fed law without any fear of punishment or reprisal but its still happening today so I guess its a right they obviously have?? Its really that simple as our states are allowed to more and more govern themselves in whatever fashion they see fit, then so shld the territories. I cant fathom how they wld fold to some clueless cupcake lady saying that she took a survey of 1000 people and only a 1/3rd of that pathetic sample size was favorable to the sport, thus resulting in a ban being crammed down their throats and absent of any representation by The People and any consideration for them whatsoever. Id love to see that survey also, having serious doubt to its veracity and if it even exists. If legit, 33.33 percent is nothing to sneeze at and that amount is well worthy of recognition and its due respect. Im so sick of how the inferiorly weak tell the stronger people how to run and live their lives. This isnt going to be as easy as these naive and dumb interest groups/politicians think its going to be. It is the true essence of tyranny in a sense that its highly unreasonable for a govt to force such a lifestyle change by simply overstepping the voice of The People as a whole at the behest of one small and perpetually ignorant group. I dont blame The People of those areas for being up in arms about this entire process. Its wrong as a society for their govt to instill law in this manner and its politically charged at the highest unethical and immoral level by simply allowing this to take place.
    SF

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    77

    Re: Cock fighting illegal in Puerto Rico?

    There at least 80000 participants of the sport in Puerto Rico.Thats 79000 short to that poll.This is not a small thing here.We are going to court!!! I urge the states to capitilize on this and to the same time
    even if it is the 10th time they do it.Show this people it is not a little group of SJWs and that we have a voice and that it is our right!

  7. #7
    Senior Member Al Sanchez's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    4,003

    Re: Cock fighting illegal in Puerto Rico?

    I heard from a friend that Rooster men and women from Puerto Rico are planning a march in Washington DC.. Have You heard if this is really going to Happen??
    Quote Originally Posted by papagallo View Post
    There at least 80000 participants of the sport in Puerto Rico.Thats 79000 short to that poll.This is not a small thing here.We are going to court!!! I urge the states to capitilize on this and to the same time
    even if it is the 10th time they do it.Show this people it is not a little group of SJWs and that we have a voice and that it is our right!

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Hungary
    Posts
    1,366

    Re: Cock fighting illegal in Puerto Rico?

    The A R A's send our elected officials hundreds of millions of dollars, this is not going away anytime soon. With this forum running on fumes, money is not cockers long suit.

  9. #9
    Senior Member gaffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    910

    Re: Cock fighting illegal in Puerto Rico?

    No one to go to bat for us here is u.s. bunch of spineless fools plus our OVERLOARDS wouldn't let it happen they are too close to the endgame.

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    77

    Re: Cock fighting illegal in Puerto Rico?

    January 29th is the march in Puerto Rico on behave of preserving cockfighting on the island.The goverment ; probably afraid of political consequences ,has decided to defend the sport as the goverments of the other territories.In Peru there was a massive 60000 person march against the prohibition which once more demonstrates we are not a small group and not a dying breed.Stand up and you be heard loud and clearly.

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    971

    Re: Cock fighting illegal in Puerto Rico?

    A co-worker of mine has relatives in Puerto Rico and she said that cockers there are going to defy the ban. Nice that they all stick together.

  12. #12
    Senior Member Lino Zuniga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Nowhereville
    Posts
    1,413

    Re: Cock fighting illegal in Puerto Rico?

    I've been told the same.

    Bushwick is active there I'd like to see what he has to say


    Quote Originally Posted by MarshButcher View Post
    A co-worker of mine has relatives in Puerto Rico and she said that cockers there are going to defy the ban. Nice that they all stick together.

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    77

    Re: Cock fighting illegal in Puerto Rico?

    I do believe. though others may disagree ,that President Trump is pretty reasonable and may hear us on the issue especially when it comes from hard working americans so it is worth a try.

  14. #14
    Senior Member gaffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    910

    Re: Cock fighting illegal in Puerto Rico?

    Trump wouldn't even give you the chance to be heard about it. It would hurt his "legacy" even if its the righte thing to do. Nobody will touch this subject with a ten foot pole.

  15. #15
    Senior Member Lino Zuniga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Nowhereville
    Posts
    1,413

    Re: Cock fighting illegal in Puerto Rico?

    This is my thoughts on it too


    Quote Originally Posted by gaffer View Post
    Trump wouldn't even give you the chance to be heard about it. It would hurt his "legacy" even if its the righte thing to do. Nobody will touch this subject with a ten foot pole.

  16. #16
    Member BackNBlack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Not too sure!
    Posts
    399

    Re: Cock fighting illegal in Puerto Rico?

    Quote Originally Posted by papagallo View Post
    I do believe. though others may disagree ,that President Trump is pretty reasonable and may hear us on the issue especially when it comes from hard working americans so it is worth a try.
    We have a better chance with Trump than with any president that's been in office in my lifetime.
    He loves to stick it to liberals and most that are against us are liberals.
    Maybe this last bill will get us the attention we need.

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Hungary
    Posts
    1,366

    Re: Cock fighting illegal in Puerto Rico?

    PUERTO RICO, time to become fully independent. Never give up the right to govern yourself. Never give up your Cockfighting history. The United States has turned it's back on you and it is time to cut the cord.

  18. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    374

    Re: Cock fighting illegal in Puerto Rico?

    I remembered i read once on a gamecock magazine about the animal activists using the brain washing technique for the future generation,,,,,animal characterization on a book or a movie,,,being kind ,,,,books in schools again depicting animal characters thinking the same as humans,,,,therefore the law is not for this generation it’s for the future ones,,,,,,How are you gonna able to start a new young generation to the sport when right away they will see themselves embarking on something againsts the law,,,,,,again sure they leave you alone for now because the law is for that future generation,,,,and if we want a next generation something has to be done to reverse such law being passed,,,,maybe we have to approach it as a “tradition “so that it becomes a right not a sport

  19. #19
    Senior Member Kakahna671's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Hagat, Guahan
    Posts
    653

    Re: Cock fighting illegal in Puerto Rico?

    2020 Bronco is correct and it's a very big issue here in Guam (Guahan) for the gamefowl breeders. Like Al Sanchez said it's not quite done yet. We are going to court. I would like to share this to you.

    Michael Lujan Bevacqua is an author, artist, activist and assistant professor of CHamoru studies at the University of Guam. The lead resource person for the workshop on cockfighting, said the cockfighting ban is an issue of political status for Guam.

    "If you want to challenge this but don't consider Guam's political status, you're not going to win," he said at the workshop. "That's the problem with being a territory."

    At the teach-in, Bevacqua was able to trace back cockfighting on Guam to the Spanish era with historical records, and provided a U.S. Navy fiscal statement from 1913, which demonstrated that the U.S. government actually taxed cockfighting on Guam in the early 1900s.

    The ban on cockfighting is just one example of many bans that the United States has unjustly imposed on Guam. He pointed to historical bans, such as the U.S. outlawing the CHamoru language (CHamoru are the Indigenous people of Guam (Guahan).

    The larger issue at hand, he said, is Guam's position as a U.S. territory that bars residents from autonomously deciding laws in line with cultural, economic and social interests.

    This is what Bevacqua referred to as a deficient democracy.

    "The U.S. decided this, and didn't care about our interests or our culture, we weren't invited to testify or vote on this," he said. "If you're a territory, democracy is always deficient, because you're not part of the conversation."

    Until this is rectified, Bevacqua said, Guam and its people will remain at the whim of outside interests.

    Bevacqua encourages everyone to resist, protest and lobby, and keep Guam's political status at the center of their fight on this issue.

  20. #20
    Senior Member Al Sanchez's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    4,003

    Re: Cock fighting illegal in Puerto Rico?

    Thank you and very well said. Pray these unjust new laws can be over turned for All the Territories involved..
    Quote Originally Posted by Kakahna671 View Post
    2020 Bronco is correct and it's a very big issue here in Guam (Guahan) for the gamefowl breeders. Like Al Sanchez said it's not quite done yet. We are going to court. I would like to share this to you.

    Michael Lujan Bevacqua is an author, artist, activist and assistant professor of CHamoru studies at the University of Guam. The lead resource person for the workshop on cockfighting, said the cockfighting ban is an issue of political status for Guam.

    "If you want to challenge this but don't consider Guam's political status, you're not going to win," he said at the workshop. "That's the problem with being a territory."

    At the teach-in, Bevacqua was able to trace back cockfighting on Guam to the Spanish era with historical records, and provided a U.S. Navy fiscal statement from 1913, which demonstrated that the U.S. government actually taxed cockfighting on Guam in the early 1900s.

    The ban on cockfighting is just one example of many bans that the United States has unjustly imposed on Guam. He pointed to historical bans, such as the U.S. outlawing the CHamoru language (CHamoru are the Indigenous people of Guam (Guahan).

    The larger issue at hand, he said, is Guam's position as a U.S. territory that bars residents from autonomously deciding laws in line with cultural, economic and social interests.

    This is what Bevacqua referred to as a deficient democracy.

    "The U.S. decided this, and didn't care about our interests or our culture, we weren't invited to testify or vote on this," he said. "If you're a territory, democracy is always deficient, because you're not part of the conversation."

    Until this is rectified, Bevacqua said, Guam and its people will remain at the whim of outside interests.

    Bevacqua encourages everyone to resist, protest and lobby, and keep Guam's political status at the center of their fight on this issue.

  21. #21
    Senior Member gaffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    910

    Re: Cock fighting illegal in Puerto Rico?

    Hmm..... coincidence that u.s. democrats during shutdown are CELEBRATING IN PUERTO RICO???

  22. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Hungary
    Posts
    1,366

    Re: Cock fighting illegal in Puerto Rico?

    Quote Originally Posted by Al Sanchez View Post
    Thank you and very well said. Pray these unjust new laws can be over turned for All the Territories involved..
    Al, strangely your words return my mind back to when legal in the USA. As the States fell, the term "OVER TURN" was often used. Easy to say, hard to do. IT'S THE WAY THE DECK IS STACK AGAINST US.

  23. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,594

    Re: Cock fighting illegal in Puerto Rico?

    Quote Originally Posted by gaffer View Post
    Hmm..... coincidence that u.s. democrats during shutdown are CELEBRATING IN PUERTO RICO???
    Donít know... they could be celebrating as well that anti cockfighting law was a success for the territories specially PR . Otherwise, they could have blocked it in that newly approved Ag. Bill.

  24. #24
    Senior Member Al Sanchez's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    4,003

    Re: Cock fighting illegal in Puerto Rico?


  25. #25
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    5

    Re: Cock fighting illegal in Puerto Rico?

    PR should do more what some of them were planning to do, and that is collect at least an additional $5-10 per cock on mains, that way those funds go towards where needed namely, lawyers etc. And of course if nothing is done now, it'll be harder later. It's the same as what has been happening in Mexico. These animal activist have been against the beautiful and ancient tradition for decades. Just look how hard it's here in the US. Strength is in the union.

  26. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    5,865

    Re: Cock fighting illegal in Puerto Rico?

    I see many Democrates congress nen and we on are in porta Rica right now. Y'all need to let them know.

  27. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Hungary
    Posts
    1,366

    Re: Cock fighting illegal in Puerto Rico?

    Yesterday, I seen gun battles on the streets of PUERTO RICO, in the news. Why is that being seen on American TV. The relief supplies rotting on the docks. Gangs control the cities. I just ask myself what is the media doing and why now.

    Sounds like Puerto Rico is being tossed under the bus. Your new 6 billion dollar debt will enslave generations to come. I am not sure what they have in mind for you, but it don't look good.

  28. #28
    Senior Member Al Sanchez's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    4,003

    Re: Cock fighting illegal in Puerto Rico?

    Friend the Corrupt government officials ( Governors & Mayors) of Puerto Rico have been screwing the good people of Puerto Rico for decades.. Example the Mayor of San Juan bashed Trump for not sending aid to help Puerto Rico after Hurricane Maria. Only to later find that hundreds of shipping containers full of Food and water was sitting there on Tarmacs and warehouses in Puerto Rico rotting away and not being given out to the people that needed it. Then she now claims that her police dept. will not enforce the new Federal law passed in the Farm Bill that has outlawed Cockfight. What Police Dept?? Police officers by the Dozens are leaving PR and coming here to the States , due to low wages and losing all there retirement benefits. Again corruption runs deep in the Government of Puerto Rico and the people are the ones that pay the price.. Very sad indeed for the People of Puerto Rico....
    Quote Originally Posted by bazsdmeg2u View Post
    Yesterday, I seen gun battles on the streets of PUERTO RICO, in the news. Why is that being seen on American TV. The relief supplies rotting on the docks. Gangs control the cities. I just ask myself what is the media doing and why now.

    Sounds like Puerto Rico is being tossed under the bus. Your new 6 billion dollar debt will enslave generations to come. I am not sure what they have in mind for you, but it don't look good.
    Last edited by Al Sanchez; January 17th, 2019 at 11:30 PM.

  29. #29
    Senior Member Camarines's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Posts
    4,269

    Re: Cock fighting illegal in Puerto Rico?

    https://m.facebook.com/kuamnews/

    Look for January 9, 2019 video.
    Last edited by Camarines; January 18th, 2019 at 01:05 AM.

  30. #30
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    77

    Re: Cock fighting illegal in Puerto Rico?

    one of the mains reasons for this crime situation which by the way, is mainly in the metro area, is because for decades our corrupt politicians have incurred in a massive debt and the shareholders of this debt by appointment of the US goverment want their money;which is absolutely reasonable.But the goverment has this as a priority and have cut funds which should be used for the citizens.Schools have been shut down ,retirement pensions have been cut and a massive exodus of professionals.More taxes,bureaucracy and limitations for business ,high and inefficient energy cost plus more corrupt politicians all have contributed.Now with the ban on cockfighting it will only get worst.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •