Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ALGBA auction

ALGBA auction

The yearly auction will be held on FB this year. This is the information Jason Marcum put out:

Wayne Greer, Chelsea Barnett Helm and myself are gonna try our best to do this online auction for ALGBA. In years past as long as I can remember itís been a mail-in blind bid auction. As time charges I feel we have to change with it. We would like to start taking donations for the auction and a picture always helps. We will start the auction January 6th Sunday night at 8:00pm and run it thru February 3rd Sunday night at 8:00pm. This way the fowl can be shipped out in February in time to breed in March. Once the auction ends February 3rd you will have 10 days to send your money. Deadline is February 13th at 8:00pm. If bidder doesnít pay it will be offered to the 2nd highest bidder. If he doesnít want it, we will re-open the bid for 36 hours. If by chance we have a last minute bid, where a bidder has been high and someone comes in at the last minute and bids higher, this bid will run for 15mins longer until 8:15 and high bidder wins at this time. We would like to run a good auction and any help is greatly appreciated because the way things are going we gonna need all the help we can get. Thank you and I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas.

Re: ALGBA auction

I don't understand the reason for the 15 min deadline extension if a new bid comes in on the last minute? Not Ebay (nor any other legit auction site that I know of does that) as a matter of fact, most serious bidders use a snipe program to bid on an item at the last second. I personally, don't bid on stuff I want until the last second...no need to draw attention to the item I want/need.

Another issue that has been popping up on these online auctions is fake bids. These are bidders that have no intention of winning the item, they either just like seeing their name on the site (I know of 2 guys that do this on every auction)...I am not sure if they do it because it makes them feel important or they just like driving up the price on the legit buyers...you can see these clowns bid the opening days over & over but you never see them bid at the end as they don't want to be on the hook for it...another possibility is that the bidder is a friend of the donor & they feel bad that nobody is bidding on their friend's donation so, they bid to get some action started even though the auction is running for another month.

I realize that it is nerve racking to run an auction & not see lots of bidding action but, you are better of doing it the right way & having legit, serious bidders bidding than fake bidders that have no intention of paying if they end up with the high bid.

I like the way the Alabama Auction has been run...yes, I won a lot of fowl from them last year & the year before but, I like that I can submit a bid that I am comfortable with & if I win I win, no funny business...fake bidders don't bid on silent auctions because there is a reserve & they don't really want the item anyway...plus, since the auction is a silent auction, their fake bids have no way of effecting the final price.
    Last edited by Bend the knee; December 23rd, 2018 at 04:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bend the knee View Post
    I don't understand the reason for the 15 min deadline extension if a new bid comes in on the last minute? Not Ebay (nor any other legit auction site that I know of does that) as a matter of fact, most serious bidders use a snipe program to bid on an item at the last second. I personally, don't bid on stuff I want until the last second...no need to draw attention to the item I want/need.

Another issue that has been popping up on these online auctions is fake bids. These are bidders that have no intention of winning the item, they either just like seeing their name on the site (I know of 2 guys that do this on every auction)...I am not sure if they do it because it makes them feel important or they just like driving up the price on the legit buyers...you can see these clowns bid the opening days over & over but you never at the end as they don't want to be on the hook for it...another possibility is that the bidder is a friend of the donor & they feel bad that nobody is bidding on their friend's donation so, they bid to get some action started even though the auction is running for another month.

I like the way the Alabama Auction has been run...yes, I won a lot of fowl from them last year & the year before but, I like that I can submit a bid that I am comfortable with & if I win I win, no funny business...fake bidders don't bid because there is a reserve & they don't really want the item anyway...plus, since the auction is a silent auction, their fake bids have no way of effecting the final price.
    There are 3 names mentioned in that post, express your concerns to them and they can tell you why they chose to do things this way.

I know Chelsea & Jason...they were the ones running it last year...sounds like the decision has been made already.
    Last edited by Bend the knee; December 23rd, 2018 at 04:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nauvoo View Post
    The yearly auction will be held on FB this year. This is the information Jason Marcum put out:

Wayne Greer, Chelsea Barnett Helm and myself are gonna try our best to do this online auction for ALGBA. In years past as long as I can remember itís been a mail-in blind bid auction. As time charges I feel we have to change with it. We would like to start taking donations for the auction and a picture always helps. We will start the auction January 6th Sunday night at 8:00pm and run it thru February 3rd Sunday night at 8:00pm. This way the fowl can be shipped out in February in time to breed in March. Once the auction ends February 3rd you will have 10 days to send your money. Deadline is February 13th at 8:00pm. If bidder doesnít pay it will be offered to the 2nd highest bidder. If he doesnít want it, we will re-open the bid for 36 hours. If by chance we have a last minute bid, where a bidder has been high and someone comes in at the last minute and bids higher, this bid will run for 15mins longer until 8:15 and high bidder wins at this time. We would like to run a good auction and any help is greatly appreciated because the way things are going we gonna need all the help we can get. Thank you and I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas.
    Is there a list of who will b donating fowl and what they are donating buddy ?? For the people that donít have Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Steel city farm View Post
    Is there a list of who will b donating fowl and what they are donating buddy ?? For the people that don’t have Facebook
    No list yet, I’m sure they’re only starting to gather pledges for donations. If someone doesn’t beat me to it, I’ll post a list as they do, but I don’t know about how ppl will bid outside of FB, I will ask tho.

What site is the one to bid on? Will it be under ALGBA?

Quote Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
    What site is the one to bid on? Will it be under ALGBA?
    Alabama GameBreeders Association Annual Auction

There's a lot of good birds up for auction you got hatch, mugs,kelsos,Roundhead,Dom's, and more ,also carrying boxes and other gamefowl related stuff. It ends January 21 8pm
    Last edited by tonetone559; January 7th, 2019 at 12:34 PM.

I’ve about got the whole list wrote down, got a few things to add, I’ll try to post everything tomorrow, it’s a huge list and like Tone said, a ton of nice stuff available. It’s only so that anyone interested can see what’s available. You cannot bid thru sabong, you’ll have to contact those members of the ALGBA about your options beyond FB.

1. Teddy Norton........ Pair of Greys........800
    2. CW Bar.............. Trimming chute (+ $40 shipping)........200
    3. Luke Breese Sycamore Valley GF......... Trio choice.......935
    4. Jerry Adkins Slicklizard GF........ Trio Sweaters..........520
    5. Carol & Chris Nesmith Blackwater GF............. Trio choice, mix n match......700
    6. Scottie Terry............. Doz cords choice (shipping paid).............90
    7. Scottie Terry............. Cedar Collectible Box...........150
    8. Scottie Terry............. PVC 4 Stall Carry Box (+ $50 shipping)........100
    9. Tom Munro............... Custom etched wine glasses or beer mugs (2 pcs w/farm name and gamecock).......125
    10. Jonas & Cynthia Barnett (Bruce)........ Pair Gilmores..........300
    11. Mike Chambers........... Single Stall Carry Box w/Black pullet (pick up, inquire about shipping).......225
    12. Wayne Greer........... Grey x Kekso stag & a Stewart Pair altogether.............330
    13. Rick Hurst............ Chick Care Package................280
    14. Michael Mizell.......... Penny or Leiper (you choose breed, he chooses cock or stag)...........230
    15. Slick Rock GF........... Pinnion YLH or George Neal Kelso hen.......
    16. Chris Hudspeth C&S Supplies LLC.......... USPS approved shipping boxes........100
    17. Riley Nelson............. Finley Grey cock.............275
    18. Bill JR Acker Triple B............. Bobby Fairchild Brownred or Stewart stag.........150
    19. Kyle Lee Teepee Hill.............. Dom pullet..........200
    20. Richard Baird Bama GF.......... Pair Kelso stag & pullet...........700
    21. John Slavin Blackhatch Farm.......... Pair Greys.........850
    22. LongLeaf GF.............. Pair Roundheads or Hatch...........550
    23. Claude Vaughn Jr. ............... 3 pullets of his personal blend.........300
    24. Trey Johnson............... Doz Oklahoma hitch tiecords up to 7’ (shipping paid)............85
    25. Nauvoo GF................... Doz Tiecords choice hitch, heavy duty swivels (shipping paid).......75
    26. Nauvoo GF................... Streamlight 485 lumens LED flashlight w/wall and car chargers..........100
    27. Bobby Fairchild Clear Creek Farms........ choice stag or pullet..........500
    28. Gary Gilliam Gilliam GF.............. Pair Roundheads stag & pullet...........850
    29. Claude Hooker.................. 6 stall Mexican carry box...............75
    30. Jeff Pierce................... Penmar stag...............450

All items winner pays shipping unless specified otherwise. Contact ALGBA on bidding options if you don’t have or want FB. More info on FB, bids are last I seen, could be higher.
    Last edited by Nauvoo; January 7th, 2019 at 09:21 PM.

31. Chambers Gamefowl Farm............ Pair Lacys stag & pullet.......325
    32. Jason Marcum LacyRidge GF.......... Pair Lacys..............560
    33. William Osburne................ Pair Showtime Kelso stag & pullet.........600
    34. Dennis Walker................... Gilmore stag.............1000
    35. Mark Alvarez................ Custom 20oz Beer Mugs (frosted/etched Gamecock and Name)..........100
    36. BamaSports Farm............ Pair of YL Kelso pullets.............325
    37. Zac BlueCreek................. WT Greene stag.................500
    38. Kevin Ashley................... Pair of Curtis Blackwell Hatch..............400
    39. Chuy Arriela................... Brood care package or Chick care package (shipping paid)........110
    40. Jonathon Gray................ JR Belt Cowan RH................260
    41. Larry Romero................. Grey stag..................500
    42. Norland Blount Satsuma GF............... Pair Leipers...............670
    43. Brian Corkren................. Pair Sweaters or Doms............750
    44. Jeff Hudspeth Buckeye GF............. 3yr Kelso cock.............300
    45. David Danley................ 20K Kelso cock............250
    46. Bob Ward Showtime.............. Showtime Kelso stag...........350
    47. Bobby Payton................ Kelso stag...............300
    48. Kerrey Welch................. Custom Handmade Knife..............100
    49. Mary Sturm (Steve)............... Pair Whitehackles...............500
    50. Larry Lingerfelt................ Pair of Boles x Pataya............500
    51. Allen Hinds................ Pair Jumper Kelso...............220
    52. Danny Briar............... 20K Kelso (Barnett) pullet........250
    53. Ronnie Calhoun.......... Baumgardner Claret stag.........300
    54. Anonymous............... Coach’s Keep w/notes..............200
    55. Pat & Mike Hargus (Tom).......... Choice Pair Mel Simms Hatch, Penny, or Mel Simms Blacks........600
    56. Ricky Gargus................... Ray Price Kelso cock or Blueface stag..............280
    57. Charlie Ibele................ Pair of Horseshoe Kelso or Ibele Greys.............750
    58. Dustin Murphy.............. Parasite prevention package..............200
    59. Elias Castenada.............. Oil painting and Frame, winners rooster..............275
    60. Corey Scott Noble............... Pair of Penny’s................500

All items winner pays shipping unless specified otherwise. Contact ALGBA on bidding options if you don’t have or want FB. More info on FB, bids are last I seen, could be higher.

61. Golden H Gamefowl............ Pair Clarets..........250
    62. Wayne West & Little Bear Farm............... 3yr Pair Racey Mugs..........250
    63. Johnny Johnson................ Johnny Moore Albany pullet...........250
    64. Mead Freeman & Red Oak GF.............. Dan Grey RHs................220
    65. Andrew Ward.................. Murphy Whitehackle pullet..............230
    66. Brian Bates Bates GF.............. Pair of Kelso...........250
    67. Don Potter Potterosa GF............... Gilmore pullet............200
    68. Billy Hughett War Party GF..............3yr Paul Webster McLean cock..........350
    69. Dennis Keys................ Pair of Kelso.................265
    70. Chris Chappell Chappell Dom Farms............ Dom pullet............370
    71. Dre Redcliff.................. Pair of Redcliff Radios................720
    72. Andrew Griffin............. Doz eggs 1/2 Murphy 1/2 Asil stag over straight Murphy hens, $250+ 18 eggs, $300+ shipping paid.............175
    73. Mitch Wilkerson................. Yellow Leg Hatch stag...............300
    74. Greg Hyde............... Hatch stag.................150

All items winner pays shipping unless specified otherwise. Contact ALGBA on bidding options if you don’t have or want FB. More info on FB, bids are last I seen, could be higher. Hopefully I haven’t missed anything, I will add if I find something.
    Last edited by Nauvoo; January 7th, 2019 at 11:53 PM.

61. Golden H Gamefowl............ Pair Clarets..........250
    62. Wayne West & Little Bear Farm............... 3yr Pair Racey Mugs..........250
    63. Johnny Johnson................ Johnny Moore Albany pullet...........250
    64. Mead Freeman & Red Oak GF.............. Dan Grey RHs................220
    65. Andrew Ward.................. Murphy Whitehackle pullet..............230
    66. Brian Bates Bates GF.............. Pair of Kelso...........250
    67. Don Potter Potterosa GF............... Gilmore pullet............200
    68. Billy Hughett War Party GF..............3yr Paul Webster McLean cock..........350
    69. Dennis Keys................ Pair of Kelso.................265
    70. Chris Chappell Chappell Dom Farms............ Dom pullet............370
    71. Dre Redcliff.................. Pair of Redcliff Radios................720
    72. Andrew Griffin............. Doz eggs 1/2 Murphy 1/2 Asil stag over straight Murphy hens, $250+ 18 eggs, $300+ shipping paid.............175
    73. Mitch Wilkerson................. Yellow Leg Hatch stag...............300
    74. Greg Hyde............... Hatch stag.................150
    75. Junior Shirey............ George Woods RH stag...........150

All items winner pays shipping unless specified otherwise. Contact ALGBA on bidding options if you don’t have or want FB. More info on FB, bids are last I seen, could be higher. Hopefully I haven’t missed anything, I will add if I find something.
    Updated #75

#49 if any one wants to go in on this pair with me? I only want the pullet to add to my Kearney blood if anyone wants the Stag PM me see how we can work it out.

75. Junior Shirey............ George Woods RH stag.............150
    76. Randy Blaylock.............. Harold Brown Hatch stag.............300

77. Bruce Ferguson and Jerry Glass Twin Lakes GF............. Kelso cock.........200
    78. Stacy Smith and Anthony Morris............. Pair Harold Brown Greys.........250
    Last edited by Nauvoo; January 9th, 2019 at 10:12 AM.

What a list, there are a 3 folks I like to bid on but I dont own a facebook. I'm gonna cal to see how I can place a bid. Does anyone got info on 62? Mainly looking for info bout tem mug wumps.Thanks.

Wayne Greer, Chelsea Barnett Helm and myself are gonna try our best to do this online auction for ALGBA. In years past as long as I can remember it’s been a mail-in blind bid auction. As time charges I feel we have to change with it. We would like to start taking donations for the auction and a picture always helps. We will start the auction January 6th Sunday night at 8:00pm and run it thru February 3rd Sunday night at 8:00pm. This way the fowl can be shipped out in February in time to breed in March. Once the auction ends February 3rd you will have 10 days to send your money. Deadline is February 13th at 8:00pm. If bidder doesn’t pay it will be offered to the 2nd highest bidder. If he doesn’t want it, we will re-open the bid for 36 hours. If by chance we have a last minute bid, where a bidder has been high and someone comes in at the last minute and bids higher, this bid will run for 15mins longer until 8:15 and high bidder wins at this time. We would like to run a good auction and any help is greatly appreciated because the way things are going we gonna need all the help we can get. Thank you and I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas.
    have tried to go to the Facebook site for several days, still says closed, how elsecan a bid be placed ?

Quote Originally Posted by Tokio View Post
    have tried to go to the Facebook site for several days, still says closed, how elsecan a bid be placed ?
    Anyone wanting in should message or friend request Jason Marcum or Jonathan Gray and they can accept you in. Auction ends on the 21st of January at 8pm CST. Last minute bids will be given 15 min extension.

Quote Originally Posted by gobolts0513 View Post
    What a list, there are a 3 folks I like to bid on but I dont own a facebook. I'm gonna cal to see how I can place a bid. Does anyone got info on 62? Mainly looking for info bout tem mug wumps.Thanks.
    Wayne is a local guy, tho I don’t know him personally, he is well received in the local community as a stand up guy and he says those are the real Racey Mugs.

Hour n a half left before it’s over.

This is over, thread can be erased. Thank you.

Banned

Why isn’t any of this money going to kentucky? Seems like a big oversight. No need for selfish

Quote Originally Posted by Mhardy View Post
    Why isn’t any of this money going to kentucky? Seems like a big oversight. No need for selfish
    What do you mean Sir. Sorry for not knowing exactly what you mean.

Banned

I mean these jerkoffs give all the money to Alabama and don’t do squat for Kentucky where we are fighting for our rights and under attack

Quote Originally Posted by Mhardy View Post
    I mean these jerkoffs give all the money to Alabama and don’t do squat for Kentucky where we are fighting for our rights and under attack
    Kentucky has every right to start a gba and have a auction to raise money for their needs. Perhaps this is something they should look into. Alabama has a annual auction to support their origination and put a great deal of work into it I may add. Kentucky had a gba ,not sure if it's still active but I'm sure they could raise monies if they put forth some effort. Not trying to be rude just the way I see it.
    Last edited by country; January 30th, 2019 at 07:25 AM.

Banned

Well they can’t. Kentucky tried and it died out

KY has a gba and they’re fixing to run their own auction and then plenty of jerkoffs can support them too. Dude just stirring crap. It’s been mentioned on the ALGBA auction feed and the call for support has long been made.
    Last edited by Nauvoo; January 30th, 2019 at 08:18 AM.

Kentucky is running there auction already they have several donations from top breeders an the bids are high on some already.