Thread: Larry Romero

Larry Romero

How good are his albany s in the gaff?

Sent from my LG-M153 using Tapatalk

Re: Larry Romero

Great, the best ones will be crossed on his hatch , they have it all !

What Hatch Blood does he Have?

Whats the style of the pure Albanys?

Alot of the commercial breeders went where the money is at which is short knife for at least a decade, south of the border in ole Mexico. Maybe thats why the post above says they do best with Hatch for the G? The GJ Albany I have didnt need anything including Hatch for the G heel, but I just breed now for the love of the fowl and for the passion of preserving. Its volatile to render an opinion on LR Alb in American gaff today since its now forbidden in the states and Mexico is exclusively SK period. Theyre just now going to have a G derby.
    SF
    Last edited by KevinG; January 11th, 2019 at 11:17 AM.

He has mclean hatch,i think he got them from harold brown when he use to handle for him. It just seems like this cross that , i have, has the ability for sk, gaff or lk when legal. I know of someone that shipped quite a few to hi. Bred like this .

If I'm not mistaken he has marion rose blood..

Back in the legal days he use to show them Albany pure in the gaff and so have I . These days they would work but they need to b crossed for American Even he will tell u that !! He has catered to the Mexican and Filipino breeders for long time now . And he does not have Marion rose hatch. He has McLean hatch straight from Harold brown ! Been having that hatch family for a very long time
    Last edited by Steel city farm; January 11th, 2019 at 08:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinG View Post
    Alot of the commercial breeders went where the money is at which is short knife for at least a decade, south of the border in ole Mexico. Maybe thats why the post above says they do best with Hatch for the G? The GJ Albany I have didnt need anything including Hatch for the G heel, but I just breed now for the love of the fowl and for the passion of preserving. Its volatile to render an opinion on LR Alb in American gaff today since its now forbidden in the states and Mexico is exclusively SK period. Theyre just now going to have a G derby.
    SF
    I don't remember when it was but several years ago there were some gaff derbies in pierdras negras over by del rio texas but on the mexico side.I thought about getting a passport just so I could go watch as I enjoy watching...but you never know the risks.Not worth my life.

It takes more than one cross to Hatch to fix fowl that have lost it .. Hatch seems to be everyone's answer unless you try to find good Hatch , lol ...

The definition of winning or good fowl has sure changed ...

Quote Originally Posted by Quapaw Kid View Post
    It takes more than one cross to Hatch to fix fowl that have lost it .. Hatch seems to be everyone's answer unless you try to find good Hatch , lol ...

The definition of winning or good fowl has sure changed ...
    Yes, Hatch seems to be the cure all. Most Hatch today are not truely Hatch. The first Hatch I saw Came from Heinie Mathesius. The were strong strong, strong, low headed, duckers. These were the Green Leg ones all Straight Combed. They crossed well on Clarets. The next family we saw came from Ewell Shackleford. I think he had a hand in the old Blanchard Sport Club. They were much improved. Sweater had one family he used at the Lally Club which carried some Jap. Sweater also had a family with an Infusion of California Chet. Sweater also maintained the old slow ducking hatch up to his death. He and Percy Flowers had them straight. Larry Romero had access to any and all of these fowl. He could give you the right family for one's needs. Personally I think his Albany,more so than Hatch, would help a family that needed a boost for the Claret type fowl. This is from the vantage point of "G" only.