Thread: What Breed is my Stag

Post Thanks / Like

What Breed is my Stag

I have been trying to find out what blood my stag might have in him, and am asking for some help. I wanted to see what you guys think. i have found other cocks on the internet with simular traits but i am not sure. Thanks for the help.
    Click to enlarge pictures.

This is my Stag at 6 months

This is his Father ( I was told he was a sweater Grey mix but the owner wasn't sure since she bought him from someone else too. She did say they breeded him with a pure sweater hen )

Im not sure what breed this is but he seems to have the same white speckles on his chest and white on the tip of his wings

Butcher. this one has the same speckles on the chest white tipped wings and has almost the same color saddle feathers but they are white tipped like my stag.

This is a Dink Sweater that has almost the same neck and saddle feather colors

Last edited by Mach 1 Padilla; January 12th, 2019 at 08:06 AM.

2. Likes bazsdmeg2u liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What Breed is my Stag

No one can help you with this except the person that bred him.

4. Likes Al Sanchez, Mach 1 Padilla liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

There’s no telling buddy. You can have two identical feathered and bodied birds but all their other characteristics completely different. There hundreds of breeds that come with specks on their chest, lemon hackle etc... Don’t worry about the name too much, if he’s good and you like him is all that matters. John Does Sweaters can be completely different from my Sweaters because things get crossed up, all that matters is their performance in the pit.

6. Thanks Al Sanchez thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Very well said and I agree..
    Quote Originally Posted by Durazno72 View Post
    There’s no telling buddy. You can have two identical feathered and bodied birds but all their other characteristics completely different. There hundreds of breeds that come with specks on their chest, lemon hackle etc... Don’t worry about the name too much, if he’s good and you like him is all that matters. John Does Sweaters can be completely different from my Sweaters because things get crossed up, all that matters is their performance in the pit.

8. Thanks Durazno72 thanked for this post
    Likes cutcutcut, Mach 1 Padilla liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Well if his daddy is a sweater grey cross and his ma is a pure sweater he gonna be a sweater x grey not being a smart A bur that's all you got to go on buddy good luck with him

Post Thanks / Like

Just name them Mach 1 sweaters and go from there. Could possibly be good gamefowl.

11. Thanks Mach 1 Padilla thanked for this post
    Likes Al Sanchez liked this post