Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: White ear lobes

White ear lobes

So my good buddy who will remain unmentioned (NAUVOO) has been giving me hell about my blueface broodcock and those dang ear lobes . Lol It just got me to thinking this may be a cool topic for discussion. What's your opinions. Good, bad, dunghill,ace,cutter?????? Just curious to hear everyone's take.

Re: White ear lobes

Just another bird in my opinion his ears ain't going to make or brake him.

Don't care about earlobes, we take them off anyway:-) Kidding aside, i don't think it matters,white ear lobes does not guarantee anything.

Sad to say some of my best have them dang white ear lobes. Can't stand it but what to do. I guess winning is more important.

I should add that I dont think it makes any difference whatsoever but just thought it would be something to talk about. Some people have weird superstitions about things

That they do and that's alright as well we all can't agree on everything. I've personally not seen a difference though so I can't say they help or hinder in one way or the other.
    Last edited by HCGF; February 6th, 2019 at 10:58 AM.

Game cocks don't have white earlobes ..

Don’t mean a damn thing. Other than if you don’t cut them off there targets......

I have a landrace strain of fowl. I haven't shown them much but they're as game as they get and they have white earlobes. They turn red....more of a pink when they're mad.

Posting for HeavyD
    Last edited by Nauvoo; February 6th, 2019 at 11:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nauvoo View Post
    Posting for HeavyD
    I need to add that jason Daniel trimmed the cock so dont blame me for those things still being there. Haha. It wasnt me

Agreed!! Just my opinion

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Agreeing with quapaw kid

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

My buddy used to say every time he saw a cock with white ear lobes, I can make that m-fer run. I gave him a white Dom cock with white ear lobes, he tried and couldn't run him off. He got him killed, but he wouldn't run and wouldn't quit.

I don't have A problem with them as long as I can snip it off.
    Last edited by RedAngus; February 6th, 2019 at 11:30 AM.

Lol, Ive read that before and I can understand the hypothesis, not theory, behind it given how they are mostly predicated upon misinformation and personal preference for looks. The squirrel tail being another one. Ive had several, wouldnt know it because it was cut off lol. White, yellow, purple, black, red it doesnt matter. Gators BF is a prime example, come with white lobes and can go.
    SF

Quote Originally Posted by KevinG View Post
    Lol, Ive read that before and I can understand the hypothesis, not theory, behind it given how they are mostly predicated upon misinformation and personal preference for looks. The squirrel tail being another one. Ive had several, wouldnt know it because it was cut off lol. White, yellow, purple, black, red it doesnt matter. Gators BF is a prime example, come with white lobes and can go.
    SF
    The cock in the pic is straight from gator. 3 year old cock and uncle to the 1/2 and 1/2 cocks he tied the derby in Mexico with. Needless to say I'm good with the ear lobes lol

I've not had the best of luck with white earlobes. But if they do come white at least dub the ears.

Own some sweater mcguiness blueface and they have white ear lobes but they are very game and have not had one to run so I would have to say it is a game chicken. Don't believe the hype about the ear lobes friend, just work on the trimming lol, my buddy gets me chit cause I miss a couple ear lobes everynow and then....lol T-bone

My 1/2 YL 1/2 BF from Gator come with white ear lobs as well. Like the BF

Some of the gamest I ever saw had white earlobes. Maybe I never seen real gamecocks but they repeatedly stayed and showed pit game as any.

I think he and his constituents that have his BF may leave them on to prove a point. If he were unknown, cld rack up alot of good bets ��

Quote Originally Posted by KevinG View Post
    I think he and his constituents that have his BF may leave them on to prove a point. If he were unknown, cld rack up alot of good bets ��
    You just gave me the best idea ever. Ima start leaving them white ear lob.

I like the white ear lobes lol. My blueface come with them to most of the the time.

This one got white ears to lol

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

It has always been said that the Oxford old english game fowl should never have white in his ear lobes. American games are originally from Oxfords and renamed and had other blood added here & there over the years.
    It was said if they show white, they've had some other type of fowl/domestic infused or crossed at some time.
    It don't matter if they are over here and still referred to as oxfords or over there where they are called american game. Simple fact is it is not desirable.
    The English/irish set out to perfect their fowl by not only perfecting them in the pit but also in conformation,type, looks, colors ect. It excluded High set spurs, squirrel tails, white ear lobes, beaks that are not hawk like(straight), short wings, duck heals etc,etc.
    all anyone wants to do these days is breed a winning bird and dont give a dang about the rest of the bird. Not that winning shouldn't be at the top of the list.....
    Wonder how you all feel about low set spurs???????????????????
    It was the english/irish that also stated in their perfection they must have low set spurs, so know one should bother about that also???
    It depends on the breeder what he will allow in his strain. Some are perfectionist, some just want a winner, some breed to preserve, some breed to create.
    Personally i dont like white ear lobes because ive tract a few strains where white showed up only to find some barnyard bird had been put threw them at some stage and thats where i believe it comes from. Now that aint to say that there is not strains out there with white lobes that cant or dont win because i know there is and they do, but it is still a big Q????? just where it came from.
    Its the same with these huge combs and wattles a lot show also, games, or at least very old strains never showed these huge combs & wattles, but a lot of barnyard fowl sure do.
    Last edited by Crazy Eyes; February 6th, 2019 at 04:50 PM.

I was taught it is Mediterranean blood.
    The best family I ever had showed them fairly often.
    The first dung hills I seen had them. Notice I didn't claim the dung hills.
    Sometimes they appeal to me, other times they repulse me. It all depends on the birds wearing them.

HeavyD I guess we got to ring there neck. I guess all these big white ear lobes mean these blueface type things birds have road Island red in them.

Sweater had a lot of different versions of Blueface and plenty were cold .. My first stags I raised myself ran in 6 outta 7 hacks . It was the cock , I bred back to the hens and at 7/8 of the hen side they were pit game .
    Last edited by Quapaw Kid; February 6th, 2019 at 11:26 PM.

I've never seen an ear lobe kill a cock. But I never liked those great big colliflower ear lobes. I had a brown red mug, black eyed come with little white ears this year.

White earlobes has nothing to do with whether a cock is game or not. I've seen and owned fowl that had white earlobes that went the long, long fight and stayed to the end. Some won, some lost. And at the same time, have seen many cocks that had been trimmed really close, removing all signs of white earlobes that fought as game as any fowl. Red earlobes don't automatically mean gameness or not.
    One ancestor of our gamefowl was the Red Jungle Fowl. Some of these show white earlobes. These fowl will not even face except during breeding season and will even run then. What dos this say about any family showing one runner that every entire family should be eliminated when one pops up. Gameness is bred for first for me, but I would Never cull a family or one bird because they had white earlobes. Old time cockers used to cull because their red birds happen to be born with one single white feather somewhere on their body. Go figure. All simple superstition. No actual proof.