Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Triple crown .

Re: Triple crown .

Quote Originally Posted by LaBlue View Post
    Thanks for the info and I agree fully.
    3 rounds a day is very hard if you have been there u will understand 2-3 am then back at it 7am that is why the 9c got changed to 7c was because of that 2-2-3 instead of 3-3-3 i spoke with another person spoke to walter

Weren't there 9c derbies in America back in the day? How did you guys get it done? I'm just curious.

7 was the biggest 1 day . 8 or 12 cocks would be a 4 cock each day . They also had 3-4 refs and fights nearly non stop . When we see how slow they build up each fight in PI it seems like it would be miserable

Bayou would have 7 and 9 cocks all in one day. Over 100 entries usually. Start noon Sat. and usually get over about daylight. Most of these were gaff or combo derbies. Sunset would fight 8 or 10 cocks. 4 or 5 a day. They would start by 11 and be done in time to tend to tomorrow's birds. But they usually have 40-60 entries. I fought in one derby at Mid America a 5 cock and there was over 200 entries in it. One pitting go to the drag. 7 pits full all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by LaBlue View Post
    Bayou would have 7 and 9 cocks all in one day. Over 100 entries usually. Start noon Sat. and usually get over about daylight. Most of these were gaff or combo derbies. Sunset would fight 8 or 10 cocks. 4 or 5 a day. They would start by 11 and be done in time to tend to tomorrow's birds. But they usually have 40-60 entries. I fought in one derby at Mid America a 5 cock and there was over 200 entries in it. One pitting go to the drag. 7 pits full all the time.
    best place fastest was springbrook marvin would run them through fast he made sure it was done so he could make church sunday they would have 7c with 150 entries and be done at 5pm however one has to remember that there are rounds in mexico and also the runners have to get the bets in so each round takes time that is why it takes a bit longer than back in old days of texoma bayou and other places.......

Sunset had the 12 cock breeders cup. Jal New Mexico had the 8 cock combo finale. It was the last derby of the year, hot as hell and you fought 4 gaff 4 short knife. Ahhhh the good ol days.