Thread: babe ruth?

babe ruth?

I play Trivial Pursuit on a website called pogo and the 17th question in todays daily challenge was ,"What sport was Alabamian Curtis Blackwell known as the Babe Ruth of?" Or something like that. The options were Rodeo....Baseball.....Football...or ......COCKFIGHTING.....I never knew he was known as the Babe Ruth of the greatest sport ever.Anybody ever heard him called this? I knew he had really good chickens and good methods to go with them.....any thoughts on this?

Re: babe ruth?

No thoughts, im ignorant of the facts, but great post.

SLAP ME AND CALL ME SILLY. BUT IT SOUNDS LIKE GOOD PRESS. Bobby Boles would make a better BABE RUTH of Cocking.

Quote Originally Posted by samiyam007 View Post
    I play Trivial Pursuit on a website called pogo and the 17th question in todays daily challenge was ,"What sport was Alabamian Curtis Blackwell known as the Babe Ruth of?" Or something like that. The options were Rodeo....Baseball.....Football...or ......COCKFIGHTING.....I never knew he was known as the Babe Ruth of the greatest sport ever.Anybody ever heard him called this? I knew he had really good chickens and good methods to go with them.....any thoughts on this?
    Base ball.........only one i know of lol

https://www.notablebiographies.com/Ro-Sc/Ruth-Babe.html

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/18386506/curtis_death/ this never works for me y'all probably going to have to cut and paste that in your browser.

Jumper would be my choice he was the one that made a big change in breeders

There was an article years ago that had Curtis' picture and a long article about his career with gamefowl. I know he was a big baseball fan, also. I think the article was mainly about him sponsoring the season ending derby at Clear Creek every yr. Had a big BBQ with wives and kids, very similar to what Slick Lizzard has now. One yr. it was raided by Feds, State, and county. Helicopter, auto weapons, everything. The biggest thing the Law accomplished that day was a lot of bad PR and scared the hell out of the wives and kids.