Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 44

Thread: Texas GBA

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    South Texas
    Posts
    98

    Texas GBA

    Meeting this weekend south of San Antonio. I havenít been a member since 2008 or so when it went illegal everywhere, but it may be time for me to join up again. Anyone have info on time or events? Raffles, etc.

  2. #2
    Senior Member southernX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    USA,Central
    Posts
    2,267

    Re: Texas GBA

    PM Cigar, Always a good time to join any State GBA. We need to stick together. Texas is doing a lot of good things. There will be plenty of good information to hear Im sure.

  3. #3
    Moderator CIGAR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,676

    Re: Texas GBA

    Quote Originally Posted by Brushcountry View Post
    Meeting this weekend south of San Antonio. I haven’t been a member since 2008 or so when it went illegal everywhere, but it may be time for me to join up again. Anyone have info on time or events? Raffles, etc.
    starts at 10 am with poultry show there will be auction of some things and a bunch of things raffled off should become a member a support your GBA this membership is a dual gives state and national represent

  4. #4
    Senior Member gaffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    993

    Re: Texas GBA

    Do they still have it in OK?

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    South Texas
    Posts
    98

    Re: Texas GBA

    Thanks Cigar! Looking like I’m going to have time to go.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    375

    Re: Texas GBA

    Anyone in Texas should join up. A lot of good work being in done by some decided people.

  7. #7
    Senior Member cutcutcut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    689

    Re: Texas GBA

    Someone, please send me the details/info on the Texas GBA meeting. I'll attend and join again.
    Gaffer, I'm sure that the OK GBA is going strong. I was a member in OK a few years ago, more friends and get togethers there, and I have always supported pay where you play.
    The GBA's need our full support and backing.

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    South Texas
    Posts
    98

    Re: Texas GBA

    VFW hall in Devine, TX. Just south of San Antonio

  9. #9
    Senior Member cutcutcut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    689

    Re: Texas GBA

    I read this weekend. But, I need dates and times. Thanks for the quick response.

  10. #10
    Moderator CIGAR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,676

    Re: Texas GBA

    i will not be there sorry i was going to send some stuff for donations however the person is not going so i will send to next meeting or i will take... this will be a good meeting

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    South Texas
    Posts
    98

    Re: Texas GBA

    Saturday the 22nd, sorry for the late response

  12. #12
    Senior Member cutcutcut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    689

    Re: Texas GBA

    Brushcountry, thanks for the info and I will be there in the morning.
    Does the Texas GBA and Oklahoma GBA have a website? I couldn’t find them with google.
    Thanks again for the help Brushcountry.

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    South Texas
    Posts
    98

    Re: Texas GBA

    I think they’re on Facebook, but I don’t have any social media. This site is all I do lol.

  14. #14
    Moderator CIGAR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,676

    Re: Texas GBA

    Quote Originally Posted by cutcutcut View Post
    Brushcountry, thanks for the info and I will be there in the morning.
    Does the Texas GBA and Oklahoma GBA have a website? I couldn’t find them with google.
    Thanks again for the help Brushcountry.
    no web site for TGBA they have facebook TGBA texas you can get info on UGBA.NET about texas. thanks for attending if you join you will get a dual membership state TGBA and national UGBA.... thx

  15. #15
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    26

    Re: Texas GBA

    We will be in attendance! Do you know if they will be registering new members?

  16. #16
    Senior Member Skincarver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    1,803

    Re: Texas GBA

    Quote Originally Posted by CIGAR View Post
    no web site for TGBA they have facebook TGBA texas you can get info on UGBA.NET about texas. thanks for attending if you join you will get a dual membership state TGBA and national UGBA.... thx
    It would be good if they could get one . Lots of places to start a free website now days. Facebooks has its uses but really don't think it has gamefowl owners best interests at heart . Far from it Im sure. I know sometime you just got to use whats available.

    But places BigCartel and several other places are total free to start a website as long as pages are kept to a minimum ever the cost to buy extra space is really cheap. Starting an average website isn't as costly now days as it was 10 yrs ago.

    Ive got a question . Out of all the states that have a GBA how many and what states are left that do not have one at all ?

  17. #17
    Member chester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    406

    Re: Texas GBA

    Any information of a poultry show from NYGBA. Please post the date and venue if there is any forth coming one.

  18. #18
    Moderator CIGAR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,676

    Re: Texas GBA

    Quote Originally Posted by pillados2006 View Post
    We will be in attendance! Do you know if they will be registering new members?
    yes i'm sure they will..............

  19. #19
    Moderator CIGAR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,676

    Re: Texas GBA

    Quote Originally Posted by Skincarver View Post
    It would be good if they could get one . Lots of places to start a free website now days. Facebooks has its uses but really don't think it has gamefowl owners best interests at heart . Far from it Im sure. I know sometime you just got to use whats available.

    But places BigCartel and several other places are total free to start a website as long as pages are kept to a minimum ever the cost to buy extra space is really cheap. Starting an average website isn't as costly now days as it was 10 yrs ago.

    Ive got a question . Out of all the states that have a GBA how many and what states are left that do not have one at all ?
    facebook is the strongest social media there is better than any web site out there so that is 1 reason another is if one goes to the ugba web site they will see texas and other affiliate states info on there so that would be the 2 reason.

    ugba site shows states think there's only a handful that there's no GBA like VA i know has none.

  20. #20
    Moderator CIGAR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,676

    Re: Texas GBA

    Quote Originally Posted by chester View Post
    Any information of a poultry show from NYGBA. Please post the date and venue if there is any forth coming one.
    NY is not affiliated so i have no idea

  21. #21
    Senior Member Skincarver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    1,803

    Re: Texas GBA

    Quote Originally Posted by CIGAR View Post
    facebook is the strongest social media there is better than any web site out there so that is 1 reason another is if one goes to the ugba web site they will see texas and other affiliate states info on there so that would be the 2 reason.

    ugba site shows states think there's only a handful that there's no GBA like VA i know has none.
    Well I agree it is the biggest and most popular and wasn't saying they shouldn't use it . Just saying it would be a good idea to have a website of their own just in case one day facebook decides anything to do with gamefowl isn't permitted . Then they wouldn't have a site period. At least for a while. Its like the old saying not put all your eggs in one basket type of thing.
    Paypal is one of the most popular and widely used forms of internet payments also yet they are anti-gun , ebay is anti-gamefowl . Not saying people shouldn't use them at all but its nice to not rely on one person or place altogether.
    I kinda feel that you took offense to my suggestion but that wasn't my intent to imply what the UGBA or TXGBA should be doing or that they were wrong . Only that they might like to consider having an alternative place. Normally people of business use social media as an advertising platform to steer people to their own website instead of using it a their sole platform of internet operations. That way if facebook ever did decide that gamefowl breeders were no longer accepted on their site they would already have in place an alternative with traffic already steered toward it. But like I said it was just a suggestion that I thought you might have wanted to bring up to them. Sorry if you see it different or you took it the wrong way.

  22. #22
    Moderator CIGAR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,676

    Re: Texas GBA

    Quote Originally Posted by Skincarver View Post
    Well I agree it is the biggest and most popular and wasn't saying they shouldn't use it . Just saying it would be a good idea to have a website of their own just in case one day facebook decides anything to do with gamefowl isn't permitted . Then they wouldn't have a site period. At least for a while. Its like the old saying not put all your eggs in one basket type of thing.
    Paypal is one of the most popular and widely used forms of internet payments also yet they are anti-gun , ebay is anti-gamefowl . Not saying people shouldn't use them at all but its nice to not rely on one person or place altogether.
    I kinda feel that you took offense to my suggestion but that wasn't my intent to imply what the UGBA or TXGBA should be doing or that they were wrong . Only that they might like to consider having an alternative place. Normally people of business use social media as an advertising platform to steer people to their own website instead of using it a their sole platform of internet operations. That way if facebook ever did decide that gamefowl breeders were no longer accepted on their site they would already have in place an alternative with traffic already steered toward it. But like I said it was just a suggestion that I thought you might have wanted to bring up to them. Sorry if you see it different or you took it the wrong way.
    UGBA.NET thats the ugba site if you go to that site it has info for every state affiliated so what i meant is what would the purpose in having another site facebook will not stop the commence of chickens there are laws against that usc title 18 i think or 15 they are hefty fines as far as paypal they are big brother report all to irs so i wouldnt use it any way.... e-bay the same look at what is on there..... garbage.... i'm not downing ur suggestion and if TGBA got a web site that would be their choice i would vote no as a board member reason stated above same as why i dont have a web page...

  23. #23
    Senior Member Skincarver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    1,803

    Re: Texas GBA

    Quote Originally Posted by CIGAR View Post
    UGBA.NET thats the ugba site if you go to that site it has info for every state affiliated so what i meant is what would the purpose in having another site facebook will not stop the commence of chickens there are laws against that usc title 18 i think or 15 they are hefty fines as far as paypal they are big brother report all to irs so i wouldnt use it any way.... e-bay the same look at what is on there..... garbage.... i'm not downing ur suggestion and if TGBA got a web site that would be their choice i would vote no as a board member reason stated above same as why i dont have a web page...
    You might be right then. Ive not read Facebook user agreements. I just know that a lot of places you give consent when singing up which waves a lot of rights people think they have that they don't when they automatically sign the user agreement.

  24. #24
    Senior Member Birdslayer86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    546

    Re: Texas GBA

    I know Florida doesn’t have one

  25. #25
    Moderator CIGAR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,676

    Re: Texas GBA

    Quote Originally Posted by Skincarver View Post
    You might be right then. Ive not read Facebook user agreements. I just know that a lot of places you give consent when singing up which waves a lot of rights people think they have that they don't when they automatically sign the user agreement.
    remember u have no rights when u sign up for social media u give them to social media thats how many people get into trouble due they think private messages are private and they are not that is how the bronx school teacher got in trouble and tommy c also...... and your right one goes to a site and signs to get in....

  26. #26
    Moderator CIGAR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,676

    Re: Texas GBA

    Quote Originally Posted by Birdslayer86 View Post
    I know Florida doesn’t have one
    FL needs one bad..................

  27. #27
    Senior Member Skincarver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    1,803

    Re: Texas GBA

    Quote Originally Posted by CIGAR View Post
    remember u have no rights when u sign up for social media u give them to social media thats how many people get into trouble due they think private messages are private and they are not that is how the bronx school teacher got in trouble and tommy c also...... and your right one goes to a site and signs to get in....
    Yeah that's the bad thing a lot of people don't realize . The internet , while it has changed quickly and drastically since its start is still a pretty young concept. Its sad how a lot of people assume that actions on the net are free and without consequence . People tend more to open themselves up there because they do so from home I guess . But instead of it being a case of posting from the safety of home you actually open up the safety of your home to the public and the same laws and rules , even more so in some cases , as you would be held to in public.No such thing as privacy anymore and its getting worse all the time.
    Yeah, I still feel bad for Tommy . That whole deal was BS ! Anybody heard from him lately or know how he is doing?

  28. #28
    Senior Member Birdslayer86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    546

    Re: Texas GBA

    Quote Originally Posted by CIGAR View Post
    FL needs one bad..................
    I would agree with that .. desperately.. another member and I were just talking about that a little while I was in South Carolina picking up pups. Hell maybe I should get off my a$$ and do something good for the community.

  29. #29
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    26

    Re: Texas GBA

    I'd like to thank the TGBA for a great meeting. It was our first time attending and we really enjoyed it. Very informative and a very welcoming community. We are looking foward to October's meet!

  30. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    texas mostly,but on the move
    Posts
    993

    Re: Texas GBA

    Quote Originally Posted by pillados2006 View Post
    I'd like to thank the TGBA for a great meeting. It was our first time attending and we really enjoyed it. Very informative and a very welcoming community. We are looking foward to October's meet!
    I enjoyed myself too.Thanks to BL who came down and shared information.Thanks to all the donors and people who volunteered their time.Special thanks to my buddy Steve H who really made me feel welcome. Met some great people and had a great visit. Thanks to the couple from Seguin who sat and visited with me. C'mon Texas lets plan on October

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •