Thread: The Sabong/Gamefowl Life Outside of the Philippines

The Sabong/Gamefowl Life Outside of the Philippines

Hi guys,

I was just wondering how Sabong or Gamefowl life is in other parts of the world. I've gone to some backyard farms with my dad in California, and I was wondering how different is it for big gamefarms?
    SInce cockfighting is illegal in parts of the world, what is your goal? Preserve a bloodline? Hobby?
    How does training and maintenance work in where you live?

Hoping to learn and see new perspective.
    Thank you!

Re: The Sabong/Gamefowl Life Outside of the Philippines

Most big farms have developed partnerships with farms in legal countries where they can breed and compete legally with fowl bred and raised in those legal countries. They then can supply breeding stock to those partner farms and not break any laws but still be able to test and improve their bloodlines. I think most people still breed here because we love the roosters and cant imagine a life without them around. A few may be lucky enough for it to be a business. A few extremely lucky ones was in a place in their lives where moving to legal countries was also an option.

Re: The Sabong/Gamefowl Life Outside of the Philippines

Quote Originally Posted by springwater View Post
    Most big farms have developed partnerships with farms in legal countries where they can breed and compete legally with fowl bred and raised in those legal countries. They then can supply breeding stock to those partner farms and not break any laws but still be able to test and improve their bloodlines. I think most people still breed here because we love the roosters and cant imagine a life without them around. A few may be lucky enough for it to be a business. A few extremely lucky ones was in a place in their lives where moving to legal countries was also an option.
    Yes. U.S.A. has 50 states and other territories that can sustain the best gamefowl in the world. Gamefowl is here to stay.