Thread: Hyderabad Asil breeders

Hyderabad Asil breeders

Can you describe best how they differ from all other Asils. Most desirable traits. Have heard nothing but good things about these Emanuel Reynolds Asils.

Re: Hyderabad Asil breeders

Manuel reynolds never bred Hyderbad Asils , this is a false story perpetuated by charles Everett after misunderstanding the history told to him by Curt Hanson,
    Manuel reynolds bred Pakistani Asil, Curt Hanson bought him out and later added just a touch of a Hyderbad from a Doctor Naseem from Pakistan who lived in the UK,
    curt added The Hyderbad onceís and bred away from it, but the hyderbads Pumkin color still shows in his pakistani Asil to this day despite his best efforts to breed it out
    Last edited by Juggernaut; August 10th, 2019 at 04:02 AM.

By the way Charles Everett later retracted his article claiming the were Hyderbad and wrote another correcting the story
    admitting he misunderstood and that they were Pakistani asil

In my opinion and I'm no expert by any means. They are a heavy weight fighter type aseel , not fast or athletic but strong with tremendous endurance. Size and color are unpredictable, I have crossed with American games with mixed results. Just my opinion and results. Give it a try

It's quite the opposite...........

Quote Originally Posted by country View Post
    In my opinion and I'm no expert by any means. They are a heavy weight fighter type aseel , not fast or athletic but strong with tremendous endurance. Size and color are unpredictable, I have crossed with American games with mixed results. Just my opinion and results. Give it a try

Ok.....wow!!! , thanks for the heads up. Think I'm just going to continue seeking out the Gowdy Japs ...thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by DesertRat View Post
    Ok.....wow!!! , thanks for the heads up. Think I'm just going to continue seeking out the Gowdy Japs ...thanks.
    Don't let my opinion or experience sway your experiment. The good ones from my cross fowl where very good and performed well. I got quite a few shakes form them. I suggest you give them a try, breed a few and test, lost the particular brood cock and haven't tried any new breeding from the Hyderabad. Good luck yfis country

Country where did you get your Hyderbad from if I may ask

Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut View Post
    Country where did you get your Hyderbad from if I may ask
    Charles Everett. (doc) I've had them 6 or 7 years. I breed the one I liked most over Ms black hens, really liked the results. The other cock I breed to hatch hens didn't like the results from that breeding. Lost the cock I liked and have not pursued any further crosses. Breed over speed type fowl I really liked and tested well in lk an sk.

Hyderabad is a city/area that's famous for cock fighting, so there are a lot of good roosters and bloodlines from there... how can you standardize something like that?... hyderabad asils come in all different shapes and colors, so I would assume all kinds of different styles... it's like when American roosters first came to the PI, they were called Texas... too many different bloodlines to group together as one standard.

Quote Originally Posted by newtogame2 View Post
    Hyderabad is a city/area that's famous for cock fighting, so there are a lot of good roosters and bloodlines from there... how can you standardize something like that?... hyderabad asils come in all different shapes and colors, so I would assume all kinds of different styles... it's like when American roosters first came to the PI, they were called Texas... too many different bloodlines to group together as one standard.
    I agree , that's why I recommend that each person try them for themselves , results very .

It's a standard and type it takes to make it there.

Like when someone says Olympic athlete...it's a certain level and standard to come from there.

Same goes for everything. I have a family in my record books it's under Red Bluff....because it's where they're from....certain level on that side of the world

There can be a lot of various types of Asil in Hyderbad,
    but the Asil most known for that region is a larger kulang type,
    renowned for its power, typically darker Pumkin color almost iodine,
    even people from that area of the world often associate the two (type/color and region)
    That was the type of hen that Curt Hanson and Dr. Dave imported from the UK.
    dr. dave kept a line based off of that hen, and he has always called them “Hyderbads”,
    Mainly because the colors always trace back to that hen.Considering that nothing we have in the states called Hyderbad resemble the Kulang type that Hyderabad is known for, I believe most hyderbads in the US trace back to dr. dave and curt Hanson’s stuff, some people have hyderbads that come blue in the US. And those would be from an Cross of Brazilian that Dave and curt did that were very popular among oriental people at that time, some look Moreno rajah murgh like, like mine and that would be ones heavy in Dr Dave’s Rampuri blood,

Quote Originally Posted by Lino Zuniga View Post
    It's a standard and type it takes to make it there.

Like when someone says Olympic athlete...it's a certain level and standard to come from there.

Same goes for everything. I have a family in my record books it's under Red Bluff....because it's where they're from....certain level on that side of the world
    so what would that standard be?... colors? nope... size? nope... styles? nope... good enough to win? not much of a standard.

Hyderabad in its homeland

Hyderabad in my yard (son and mom)
    Last edited by newtogame2; August 11th, 2019 at 04:05 AM.

I was giving you an example.

But what would be the standard...I'd say winning....if it's a winning line it has met the standards to represent. Many styles are able to do this.

I've never been there....I don't know if you have.

But when I import.... I import hundreds of eggs during a certain time of the year and I select what styles I like.

I recommend you do the same....if you have the resources

so what would that standard be?... colors? nope... size? nope... styles? nope... good enough to win? not much of a standard.

Looks like a power house...the size of his shanks are very impressive

Quote Originally Posted by Lino Zuniga View Post
    Looks like a power house...the size of his shanks are very impressive
    yes, he is... but if you want to grade him for steel, you may have to grade it down to 1/8 before it works... while only need 1/2 or 1/4 if using American bred asils.

The two cocks I obtained where different in color , one was taller more erect in station ,muscular but slender and silver , grey in color. The other was pumpkin in color and Heavy thick type body shorter in station, not as athletic as the other. Stags from silver cock where very good crossed . Stags from pumpkin cock mostly shakes and not very good. Just my experience.

i

One of my hyderbads

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So Hyderabad are pumpkin

My imported Brazilian are a pumpkin type...but mine are a grey

Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut View Post
    i

One of my hyderbads

They have no t rex eyebrows... most oriental I see have them.

There beetle brow isnít as Pronouced partly because of their fleshly face from the Rajah Murgh influence

This thread had me open my book. Mr. Finsterbusch spell it Haiderabad and there's also Madras and Calcutta fowl.

I just spelled it the way it was written in an article by a Doc Everitt, I believe?? .... anyway , let me ask this .... is there an Asil or Jap family that are specifically developed for crossing with AG already in existence ?? Mabe that can cut down some of the confusion. Thanks.
    Last edited by DesertRat; August 12th, 2019 at 09:45 AM.

Desertrat

There are plenty of families bred for grading to American fowl,
    And plenty of people to lie and tell you thereís are those birds,

If you Want GOOD Asil for what ever you want to use them for , get ahold of Orlando Riera Gomez
    Heís on Facebook and probably on here as well
    You wonít regret it ,

There are a lot of solid and Game Asils out there
    Treat them right and they will treat you right,
    Let the grades mature well and you can use the same cocks over and over until they are 5-6 years old,
    But they need to be left to mature right
    You feed them differently in the keep, give them water the whole time no cut off, show them when there dropping are wetter than American fowl and donít get them so empty as you do american fowl

Thanks Juggernaut .... appreciate it