Thread: Ramblers Trio or chicks?

Ramblers Trio or chicks?

This is going to be my first time getting into gamefowl and I've seen a good bit of stuff about Rambler gamefarm good and bad well I heard bad about their Redquill but that's not what I'm looking for but anyways are they any good anybody had any good or bad luck with their Trios (quail sized) or birds in general but if not the trio maybe some chicks from there but I'm really thinking about going with Chandler gamefarm chicks but I still wanna hear if Rambler gamefarm any good all feed back is appreciated

Re: Ramblers Trio or chicks?

I had his ylh. They are honest birds but I couldn't win with them. Not saying they wont cause many do well with them. Chandlers black/hatch cross did well for me

Thanks I just wanna have more options then Chandler plus hearing good and bad about Rambler and some people saying his birds being sick

Get you a dozen 1/2 Hamlin 1/2 BlueFace chicks from Jeremy Chandler. Test the stags and keep the pullets. Then put a highly athletic cock over the pullets like a Radio or Sweater. I’m pretty confident you’ll get some good birds off that cross. We bought some Hamlin/BF pullets off Jeremy and put them with a Radio rooster a couple years ago. The stags off that mating have been good to us.

Thanks for the feed back giving me some advice

would you have pics of your Chandler Black/Hatch cross ?

We have ramblers ylh and his leipers. Lost all the leiper chicks but the hens didn't really have a good hatch rate. The ylh are very strong shuffling game birds. My cousin bred the ylh but all the stags started fighting any bird they came across and killed each other or got killed. No stags were left only pullets so I can't say how they perform. He has a few this year just waiting for them to cock out and give them a go.

Well do you like his birds are they game because I heard so much mixed reviews about Rambler but still want other options besides chandler

Nothing wrong with Jeremy’s fowl. Proven fowl for sure .. active and doing well right now!!

Chandler does not seem to list Hamlins on his web site. Is that something he doesn't advertise but has available?

Quote Originally Posted by Durazno72 View Post
    Get you a dozen 1/2 Hamlin 1/2 BlueFace chicks from Jeremy Chandler. Test the stags and keep the pullets. Then put a highly athletic cock over the pullets like a Radio or Sweater. I’m pretty confident you’ll get some good birds off that cross. We bought some Hamlin/BF pullets off Jeremy and put them with a Radio rooster a couple years ago. The stags off that mating have been good to us.

Quote Originally Posted by Mossy Dell View Post
    Chandler does not seem to list Hamlins on his web site. Is that something he doesn't advertise but has available?
    He has them on there as Asil. They are Hamlin Asil.

I’ve heard really good reports on his asil as well.. hear his roundheads are probably his top but I wouldn’t overlook anything but it’s been said just call the man he’s honest and will answer what you ask.. most of us love talking fowl!! Ordering chicks is probably the best bet and gives you a bit of selection but in the long run a trio is probably cheaper and they have already made it threw some sort evaluation and made atleast the first cut and you can be producing for your own future brood a year earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by SCDixie View Post
    Well do you like his birds are they game because I heard so much mixed reviews about Rambler but still want other options besides chandler
    Rocky Top game Farm sells chicks.... Tried them a few years back with good results (Kelso/Hatch). Monica is really good and honest. I ordered a dozen and she sent 19. I donʻt have fowl anymore but if I were to order chicks Iʻd try them again for sure.

Depends on what type of show you want them for. Mexican, Philippines or american. Mr Covington told me to cross the ylh and leipers for mexican sk.
    Where I'm from asil grades don't do very good in the Mexican show.