Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 31 to 37 of 37

Thread: Why was I charged?

  
  1. #31
    Senior Member MONGOOSE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    7,026
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Why was I charged?

    I don’t mind paying to keep this site open but I KNOW I DIDNT SET UP a recurring payment. That kind of pisses me off.
    Not sure how that was done but seems a little shady. Hey Senti, did you know about this?
    Id of gladly payed again, just LET ME KNOW WHEN ITS DUE.

  2. #32
    Senior Member Al Sanchez's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    4,280
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Why was I charged?

    Quote Originally Posted by MONGOOSE View Post
    I don’t mind paying to keep this site open but I KNOW I DIDNT SET UP a recurring payment. That kind of pisses me off.
    Not sure how that was done but seems a little shady. Hey Senti, did you know about this?
    Id of gladly payed again, just LET ME KNOW WHEN ITS DUE.
    Nothing shady. When paid as a dues or membership it automatically sets it as a recurring payment. You can go and change the payment settings in PayPal. I did it on my account for this site. I didn't know if Sabong would still be here, so I didn't want to automatically send yearly payment. Calling it shady.. Really... Senti does not need our money. He just got tired of flipping the bill himself and I understand his position on this.. Just go change the recurring payment for this site. It's just that easy..

  3. #33
    Senior Member MONGOOSE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    7,026
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Why was I charged?

    Quote Originally Posted by Al Sanchez View Post
    Nothing shady. When paid as a dues or membership it automatically sets it as a recurring payment. You can go and change the payment settings in PayPal. I did it on my account for this site. I didn't know if Sabong would still be here, so I didn't want to automatically send yearly payment. Calling it shady.. Really... Senti does not need our money. He just got tired of flipping the bill himself and I understand his position on this.. Just go change the recurring payment for this site. It's just that easy..
    Well, if you take a look around this world lots of shady stuff happening. Fake—bank, irs, credit card, paypal, vemo, emails. Lots of fishing scams. I have NEVER made a payment in my life that automatically recurred without me setting it up OR knowing about it UP FRONT. Thats a fact, not my opinion. Like i said, i got no problem donating. It aint about that at all.
    Just feel it should of been said up front. I honesty thought I was being scammed. I dont remember that address- sabongdot what ever. Has nothing to do with anyones character. Just should of been mentioned prior.

  4. #34
    Senior Member Steel city farm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    On the Farm
    Posts
    870
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Why was I charged?

    Quote Originally Posted by MONGOOSE View Post
    Well, if you take a look around this world lots of shady stuff happening. Fakeóbank, irs, credit card, paypal, vemo, emails. Lots of fishing scams. I have NEVER made a payment in my life that automatically recurred without me setting it up OR knowing about it UP FRONT. Thats a fact, not my opinion. Like i said, i got no problem donating. It aint about that at all.
    Just feel it should of been said up front. I honesty thought I was being scammed. I dont remember that address- sabongdot what ever. Has nothing to do with anyones character. Just should of been mentioned prior.
    Not taking up for anyone buddy but i know when i did the payment the first time on pay pal there was a option on there that u had to UN click the reocuring payment option otherwise it was gonna do it automatically. So if u didnt actuall UN click that option thats y it took your payment this time

  5. Thanks Al Sanchez, Tokio thanked for this post
    Likes Al Sanchez liked this post
  6. #35
    Senior Member newtogame2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    1,699
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Why was I charged?

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel city farm View Post
    Not taking up for anyone buddy but i know when i did the payment the first time on pay pal there was a option on there that u had to UN click the reocuring payment option otherwise it was gonna do it automatically. So if u didnt actuall UN click that option thats y it took your payment this time
    then pay pal is shady... that you have to UN-click to stop the recurring payment... instead of click to authorize the recurring payment.

  7. #36
    Senior Member Steel city farm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    On the Farm
    Posts
    870
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Why was I charged?

    Quote Originally Posted by newtogame2 View Post
    then pay pal is shady... that you have to UN-click to stop the recurring payment... instead of click to authorize the recurring payment.
    i found it kinda funny to but it is what it is just telling mongoose thats probably what happened to him

  8. #37
    Senior Member Pinolim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,991
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Why was I charged?

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel city farm View Post
    Not taking up for anyone buddy but i know when i did the payment the first time on pay pal there was a option on there that u had to UN click the reocuring payment option otherwise it was gonna do it automatically. So if u didnt actuall UN click that option thats y it took your payment this time
    That goes when we get too excited to help.... we read so fast we miss something.... but I had some understanding that our PayPal contribution was more of an annual thing because everybody does not want this site to be shut down because of lack of funds...... my opinion only....

  9. Likes Hoghunter, Al Sanchez liked this post

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •