Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Real deal Leipers .. NOT "Leiper Hatch"

Post Thanks / Like

Real deal Leipers .. NOT "Leiper Hatch"

Who is the States would have real deal Leiper gamefowl, and truly knows exactly what they have ... thanks !!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Real deal Leipers .. NOT "Leiper Hatch"

Who truely knows. The only thing that matters is how they preform!

3. Thanks DesertRat thanked for this post
    Likes regulargrey, MONGOOSE liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This is true ... where would you go to get them if you were in the market??

5. Likes MONGOOSE liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Highnoon has leiper blood..... he’s a member

Post Thanks / Like

High Noon has a web site, http://highnoongamefarm.blogspot.com/

He is a serious breeder of his own line of Hatch and also Leipers. He also sells chicks.

8. Likes Sig1911 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Chad Bolan has the real leipers. He is a member in this forum. You can look up his old thread here in sabong. Also Gary Cooper from High Noon has very good Leipers and is a good breeder. I recommend him.
    Last edited by lurena; October 7th, 2019 at 12:27 PM.

10. Thanks DesertRat thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LaBlue View Post
    Who truely knows. The only thing that matters is how they preform!
    unfortunately most center on a looks and a OLD names first, then pay attention to abilities.

12. Thanks DesertRat thanked for this post
    Likes regulargrey, Liberty Hill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cedar Creek, North Carolina (Jeff Hudspeth)

14. Thanks DesertRat thanked for this post
    Likes cutcutcut, gapman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

High Noon knows his fowl, honest man.

16. Likes Sig1911 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't know if they r true leipers but I know they r heavy in leiper blood and that's James Sylvester. Rough rugged fowl. I don't know him personally and I'm only speaking on his fowl but they r proven every weekend.

18. Likes crawbound, KevinG liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The ones at Gilliams were dark and athletic ... he called them Leiper Hatch and now calls them just Hatch but they fit the mold and i used a few that were for sure green legged Roundheads . But don't matter cuz only about 1 outta 50 of these guys asking about fowl every week go out and get any ..... it's just an excuse for folks to brag about some fowl they know of ...

20. Likes L&Mfarms liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If my father didn't have good leipers and I wanted some I'd probably call Rat Graves. He's leipers broke the record for most wins in 24hrs I believe it was 19w's

22. Likes KevinG liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I heard him say he took 4 shows to a 5 cock and went 20-0 but this deal about breaking records is bologny ... nobody is keeping records . Same with some of that crowd running RAtliff farm when he was older and say things like him or his son won Best cocker of the Year in Arizona and stuff .... totally made up . I heard one of them big shots that retired to Mexico ... the dude in the ratted out army jacket that maybe shows Jr Belt fowl - he was saying the same thing about winning Best Cocker in OK one year ... no such thing , nobody even keeps track of a single thing like that ...

24. Likes KevinG liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Quapaw Kid View Post
    I heard him say he took 4 shows to a 5 cock and went 20-0 but this deal about breaking records is bologny ... nobody is keeping records . Same with some of that crowd running RAtliff farm when he was older and say things like him or his son won Best cocker of the Year in Arizona and stuff .... totally made up . I heard one of them big shots that retired to Mexico ... the dude in the ratted out army jacket that maybe shows Jr Belt fowl - he was saying the same thing about winning Best Cocker in OK one year ... no such thing , nobody even keeps track of a single thing like that ...
    I hear you. I once met a guy that won COY all over the place! He was nothing short of amazing

I have seen Rat's though, they were good fowl. They're not unbeatable just like any others though but are very capable.
    SF
    Last edited by KevinG; October 8th, 2019 at 01:46 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Jeff hudspeths leipers are really good

27. Likes cutcutcut liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Butch Williamson... he's also buddies with Dink

Lucas

Post Thanks / Like

The ones at Gilliams were dark and athletic ... he called them Leiper Hatch and now calls them just Hatch but they fit the mold and i used a few that were for sure green legged Roundheads . But don't matter cuz only about 1 outta 50 of these guys asking about fowl every week go out and get any ..... it's just an excuse for folks to brag about some fowl they know of ...
    I always forget what Leipers are supposed to be and have to look it up. But it's no wonder so many say Leiper Hatch because most Hatch nowadays seem to be mostly roundhead anyway. And I am sure many have bred Hatch into Leipers. But not having looked up today what they are supposed to be, I am prob on thin ice saying that.

How I actually think about Leipers without looking up their history is what QK says above: "green legged Roundheads."

30. Likes KevinG liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If I was wanting leiper blood these days I believe I’d have to go with Jeff Hudspeth. They are good fowl.

32. Likes cutcutcut liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't say that I know the full history of the ones I have. They good. They have the looks as leipers are described, black eye ring, small head, gl..ect. I got mine about 20 years back in northern NY. Most I know, have similiar story.

34. Likes Sig1911, KevinG liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mossy Dell View Post
    I always forget what Leipers are supposed to be and have to look it up. But it's no wonder so many say Leiper Hatch because most Hatch nowadays seem to be mostly roundhead anyway. And I am sure many have bred Hatch into Leipers. But not having looked up today what they are supposed to be, I am prob on thin ice saying that.

How I actually think about Leipers without looking up their history is what QK says above: "green legged Roundheads."
    This video touches on the Leiper. Truth is the bloodlines used by Hatch and Leiper were pretty much the same being the Brn Red, WH and then later on Boston RH by Ted Mclean which is where his YL Mclean came from. Those lines were simply bred together by different men, Leiper, Hatch, and Mclean. Having those similar lines is what lends itself to the similar colors surrounding Hatch and Leiper birds. Prob hard to find the Leiper today without some type of Hatch blood Id say.
    SF

https://youtu.be/TXT1mPhE2EU
    Last edited by KevinG; October 8th, 2019 at 09:41 AM.

36. Thanks Claret man, Mossy Dell thanked for this post
    Likes cutcutcut liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KevinG View Post
    This video touches on the Leiper. Truth is the bloodlines used by Hatch and Leiper were pretty much the same being the Brn Red, WH and then later on Boston RH by Ted Mclean which is where his YL Mclean came from. Those lines were simply bred together by different men, Leiper, Hatch, and Mclean. Having those similar lines is what lends itself to the similar colors surrounding Hatch and Leiper birds. Prob hard to find the Leiper today without some type of Hatch blood Id say.
    SF

https://youtu.be/TXT1mPhE2EU
    I agree maybe not this year but down the line it'll be hard to find a true Lieper. But may be already. My hatch are inbred mix of blue face, givens, ruble.

38. Likes laguardia, KevinG liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My Dad Got some Leipers from Gilliam. Dont ask me why. They are exceptional in speed. They dont really “HIT” properly for my liking.
    A friend got Hammertime Leipers about 15 years ago. I remember him being very proud of them. He brought some over to spar and our Kelso ate um up. He got rid of them. My dads are about on par in Speed as our old Kelso blood. They just dont have the same balance, sharpness and ability to hit clean as our old stuff.

40. Likes KevinG liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I seriously doubt ANY old bloodline has more than 5% Of what those BIG name breeders put into them. If I was looking for damn good fowl. Id look for ANYONE showing TODAY and not give a damn about knowing about the “old names” supposedly in them.

42. Likes Liberty Hill, don128, Brushcountry liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Pokey Stover of Cock N Bull Magazine always gave out cocker of the year in Oklahoma every year as she traveled to just a about all the Oklahoma pits every week and got fight reports from the ones she wasn't at.

44. Likes country liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by springwater View Post
    Pokey Stover of Cock N Bull Magazine always gave out cocker of the year in Oklahoma every year as she traveled to just a about all the Oklahoma pits every week and got fight reports from the ones she wasn't at.
    Texoma , Mid America , EArls , Thackerville , Mt Scott , Kellyville , Sallisaw , Tiger Mt , Henryetta ... and about 30 more or even 40 . Someone listed them at one time and there were like 70 pits in OKlahoma at one time. No one person was gonna make more than maybe 5% of the derbies each weekend ... be nice and say 10% .

There's no official club or records ... yeah , I know Pokey Stover would hand out stuff like that ... she gave Larry Carter " Best cock of the Meet " at the 96' Buck Stansell at TExoma ... that's a joke because I'm pretty sure the pit owners weren't part of it like most places .
    Last edited by Quapaw Kid; October 8th, 2019 at 07:56 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

She would usually go to at least two places each week. She said she tried to make it to each place at least once in the year. But she got fight reports from just about everywhere. Not saying she could actually watch every derby or every rooster fought or that the award was much more than who she thought had a good year, but she did give out the title so Cocker of the year in Oklahoma was a "thing" May not have meant much in reality except that they were recognized for having a good year. At that time lots of pits gave out an award for rooster of the meet. It was just an opinion usually of the head referee or pit owner of a rooster that stood out in his mind for the derby. But like everything else, everyone may have had a different opinion of what the best rooster was.

47. Likes chester, don128, Sig1911, richardself liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It used to be published in the gamecock. The old timer I got my first chickens from he was 87 urs old and had a shed packed with trophies and plaques and numerous coy throughout his lifetime.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Real deal Leipers NOT "Leiper Hatch"

Sorry if this is in the wrong place, but will you send any profit from the movie to help real wolves like to WWF or other places?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DesertRat View Post
    Who is the States would have real deal Leiper gamefowl, and truly knows exactly what they have ... thanks !!
    DesertRat, good luck. Hope you can come as close as possible. Mr Leiper reminds me of Mr Boles in that they did not share their fowl with many people. The real deal Leipers died when their breeder died and stopped breeding them. All these years later, finding a real Leiper is like finding a real Boles Asil. I think the odds are about the same to find the real deal.

The Hatch blood has been used to do a patch job to save the Leiper line, bet it is almost impossible to find them as pure as gold.

52. Thanks DesertRat thanked for this post
    Likes DesertRat liked this post