Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Real deal Leipers .. NOT "Leiper Hatch"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Real deal Leipers .. NOT "Leiper Hatch"

Kevin Reece - Widow Creek Gamefarm

Quote Originally Posted by DesertRat View Post
    Who is the States would have real deal Leiper gamefowl, and truly knows exactly what they have ... thanks !!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jacosta View Post
    Kevin Reece - Widow Creek Gamefarm
    They look good , like Gilliams .. but his ad listing breeds has them labeled as Hatch ... what kind of Hatch ? -- Leiper , lol

3. Likes jacosta liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Look for breeders in Tennessee and kentucky, i Dont know names and most of those guys stay to thier selves but i know of some very very vey old lepier blood in those parts that has been maintained. You might be disappointed in the looks as there are nothing like what hatch village or jonny more has bred. These are brownred looking, some come spangled and most have a yellowish tint on the legs, yellow under the feet and yellow spurs. 100% peacombed. They are bred only for the spur but have been used in all weapons with good results. Im sure these guys have let a few out so if you know anyone around that area ask around and see what you can come up with. If i was looking for leipers thats where id be headed.

5. Likes KevinG liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My buddy in gastonia has real deal leiper but they not cheap he show them straight and crossed with good results when legal

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Quapaw Kid View Post
    I heard him say he took 4 shows to a 5 cock and went 20-0 but this deal about breaking records is bologny ... nobody is keeping records . Same with some of that crowd running RAtliff farm when he was older and say things like him or his son won Best cocker of the Year in Arizona and stuff .... totally made up . I heard one of them big shots that retired to Mexico ... the dude in the ratted out army jacket that maybe shows Jr Belt fowl - he was saying the same thing about winning Best Cocker in OK one year ... no such thing , nobody even keeps track of a single thing like that ...
    IDK how true it is but he has a room full of nice trophies.

8. Likes roostercm liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Chad Bolan, Charles King, there's an old boy in texas, and a few around that have the Flowers Leiper. They're all lighter than "normal"

10. Thanks DesertRat thanked for this post
    Likes DesertRat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mcclanahanman View Post
    Chad Bolan, Charles King, there's an old boy in texas, and a few around that have the Flowers Leiper. They're all lighter than "normal"
    The real Percy stuff are great power cocks for their weight, I've owned mine for years.

12. Thanks DesertRat thanked for this post
    Likes DesertRat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

When it comes to power the only difference between Leipers and MOST Hatch is the Leipers arent usually low headed dumb bum rush type fowl and can flat cut ones a$$ off ! I did say MOST Hatch . Ive seen and owned a few old Hatch fowl that could cut with the best of them.
    While Hatch and Leipers share a very common ancestry I don't get why people to this day still confuse the two when they were bred by two different men. Guess its the green legs lol .

14. Thanks DesertRat thanked for this post
    Likes DesertRat, bazsdmeg2u liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Im curious, what do U think the “real deal” Leipers do thats so special?

Every Leiper Ive ever seen is kind of like a GOOD roundhead.

16. Likes Skincarver liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Widow creek didnt have leipers he has hatch jeff hudspeth has leipers.or I didnt see Leipers saturday at widow creek when I was there

Post Thanks / Like

Goose is right. . .what are you really looking for? Leiper is an old blood just like others and most likely been infused with other blood by the propagator. Jeff Hudspeth from Cedar Creek is a good source if you are looking for the old blood. I have his Leiper that i got in 2000 with no infusion since and still doing great for me. Some are late maturing though. Rick

19. Thanks DesertRat thanked for this post
    Likes DesertRat, gapman, sinapangan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MONGOOSE View Post
    unfortunately most center on a looks and a OLD names first, then pay attention to abilities.
    You are right. Myself I would rather find an old timer who has breed them for years and years. A buddy has some that came from Harry Parr. I forget where Harry received them from. They are game and can cut. He does not sell fowl

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BostonMurphy View Post
    You are right. Myself I would rather find an old timer who has breed them for years and years. A buddy has some that came from Harry Parr. I forget where Harry received them from. They are game and can cut. He does not sell fowl
    Most good heel men with great fowl dont sell but you can buy heel birds from knife men anywhere.
    Last edited by MONGOOSE; November 7th, 2019 at 08:34 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DesertRat View Post
    Who is the States would have real deal Leiper gamefowl, and truly knows exactly what they have ... thanks !!
    the last person who owns those dark red, green legged fowls before you do is the only one that matters... so going by that, it doesn't really matter if it's leiper or leiper hatch or penneys or rat graves, etc...

that said, I heard that true leipers also come yellow legs... as both he and Hatch owned and fought yellow legged fowls.
    Last edited by newtogame2; November 7th, 2019 at 08:44 AM.

23. Thanks DesertRat, bazsdmeg2u thanked for this post
    Likes DesertRat, sinapangan liked this post