Thread: What could I expect from a non-gamefowl manfighter over a gamefowl?

Post Thanks / Like

What could I expect from a non-gamefowl manfighter over a gamefowl?

I acquired a polish rooster a few months back to serve as a decoy(bait) so I could get rid of a pesky fox problem. Anyhow the fox left...and I was stuck with a hateful splash coloured polish rooster of quite some nastyness. He was hateful toward his previous owners, their chickens, and to me and my chickens. So long story short I came upon a koopman hen for sale and bought her from a young man who was selling off to concentrate on his Hatch games. So I put them together and he starts beating the poop out of her, literally, she was pooping herself, and that goes on for a few minutes. So I grab him and put them in a small cage in a dark room and after a few days of low light existence I try it again. This time he doesn't attack her. So they roam together throughout the woods and he attacks any anything that comes near her. About 12 days ago I find a spot where she has been laying eggs and since I don't know how long the eggs have been there I put them in the incubator rather than the fridge. Now I have 8 or 9 fertile eggs in the bator, and was wondering if anyone else had done something like this merely to see the outcome.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What could I expect from a non-gamefowl manfighter over a gamefowl?

Quote Originally Posted by Mode View Post
    I acquired a polish rooster a few months back to serve as a decoy(bait) so I could get rid of a pesky fox problem. Anyhow the fox left...and I was stuck with a hateful splash coloured polish rooster of quite some nastyness. He was hateful toward his previous owners, their chickens, and to me and my chickens. So long story short I came upon a koopman hen for sale and bought her from a young man who was selling off to concentrate on his Hatch games. So I put them together and he starts beating the poop out of her, literally, she was pooping herself, and that goes on for a few minutes. So I grab him and put them in a small cage in a dark room and after a few days of low light existence I try it again. This time he doesn't attack her. So they roam together throughout the woods and he attacks any anything that comes near her. About 12 days ago I find a spot where she has been laying eggs and since I don't know how long the eggs have been there I put them in the incubator rather than the fridge. Now I have 8 or 9 fertile eggs in the bator, and was wondering if anyone else had done something like this merely to see the outcome.
    Why????????????????????????????????????

Post Thanks / Like

Lol.. some thoughts just shouldn’t be put out there, no offense let’s wait for quapaw and goose to reply. Have a good day

4. Likes gaff, HeavyD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Goose your all over it already Lmao.....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by airjammer88 View Post
    Lol.. some thoughts just shouldn’t be put out there, no offense let’s wait for quapaw and goose to reply. Have a good day
    LOL.... He’ll just end up with a sheeit load of mean roosters with hats that are useless unless he eats them.
    i hear there hats make good fly fishing lures.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MONGOOSE View Post
    Why????????????????????????????????????
    Because the outcome/answers are not readily apparent.

Post Thanks / Like

Because the outcome/answers are not readily apparent.
    whats your goal with chickens??

Post Thanks / Like

I remember in 1964 we had arracondas the color egg chickens. Dad bread one to a game I think white tail blue. Our dog would eat all blue or green eggs. We fought the get and they win more than they lost but all quit when they got in a hard fight. It is a no win situation when non game is bred with game.

10. Likes Mossy Dell, airjammer88, MONGOOSE liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

whats your goal with chickens??
    That depends upon the breed and its direct uses. The toppies are for maintaining a very old bloodline of game chickens. The bantams that run around are for entertainment and working toward a show quality fowl. The polish was so I could get rid of a fox and not feel particularly bad for doing so. He survived when others didn't, so I got him a hen as a reward for outwitting a sly old fox. No goal aside from experimentation on the outcome in this one.

Post Thanks / Like

That depends upon the breed and its direct uses. The toppies are for maintaining a very old bloodline of game chickens. The bantams that run around are for entertainment and working toward a show quality fowl. The polish was so I could get rid of a fox and not feel particularly bad for doing so. He survived when others didn't, so I got him a hen as a reward for outwitting a sly old fox. No goal aside from experimentation on the outcome in this one.
    You need to be more concise in your goals. Even people who ONLY breed performance fowl but have 10 different breeds arent concise enough.

13. Likes Hoghunter liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LaBlue View Post
    I remember in 1964 we had arracondas the color egg chickens. Dad bread one to a game I think white tail blue. Our dog would eat all blue or green eggs. We fought the get and they win more than they lost but all quit when they got in a hard fight. It is a no win situation when non game is bred with game.
    I had read things like that before on this forum, however what I hadn't seen was what happens when the regular chicken is well beyond the norm for aggression. It made me wonder if this type of behavior is genetically passed on or a fluke that comes from head injuries or being cooked a bit too hot as an egg. I suppose I could hunt down a polish hen and make a "control" group of sorts to see if they behave differently than their half polish peers.

Post Thanks / Like

I had read things like that before on this forum, however what I hadn't seen was what happens when the regular chicken is well beyond the norm for aggression. It made me wonder if this type of behavior is genetically passed on or a fluke that comes from head injuries or being cooked a bit too hot as an egg. I suppose I could hunt down a polish hen and make a "control" group of sorts to see if they behave differently than their half polish peers.

Theres a HUGE difference between aggression and GAME.

16. Thanks HeavyD thanked for this post
    Likes Tokio, Mossy Dell liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Theres a HUGE difference between aggression and GAME.
    No doubt, aggression unchecked is just rage fighting and that doesn't work so well against a smart opponent or at least a moderately dedicated opponent. If they end up ragers, I can do my traditional handling of chickens that I don't like, beer can chicken.

Post Thanks / Like

No doubt, aggression unchecked is just rage fighting and that doesn't work so well against a smart opponent or at least a moderately dedicated opponent. If they end up ragers, I can do my traditional handling of chickens that I don't like, beer can chicken.
    I didnt mean “stupid” because of rage. I mean that some angry, pissed off fowl are actually COLD.

19. Likes Mossy Dell liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

You just need a smarter fox.

21. Likes BLAKE V., southernX, Mossy Dell, Mode liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

You get a hand eating , boot shuffling Mean mofo dunghill..
    Last edited by laguardia; October 10th, 2019 at 10:15 AM.

23. Likes Hoghunter liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Some of the meanest fowl I have known were nongames. I have lost count of the number of cocks I have killed for my sister and daughter. The meanest was a Rhode Island red that came at me as soon as I opened the door.

My old mentor had a frizzle rooster in a round pen for a long time. It has been his boy's pet and had to feed it for a long time. I was a kid myself and and every once in a while would drop a stag on that cock. The frizzle cock acted super tough with any game outside the wire. He screamed and ran as soon as he saw a stag could get at him.

Often domestic male animals like bulls and rams and boars turn mean because they are tamed and therefore treat you like one of their species. That theory breaks up a little with cocks. Is a mean dunghill treating you like a hen or a weak rooster? Not sure what's going on when I of that frizzle. He was tough when safe. He KNEW by the look in the other rooster's eyes he was toast when he wasn't safe.

But as Goose said, meanness has nothing much to do with gameness. And a lot of cockers say they have found more cold birds among manfighters.

25. Likes MONGOOSE liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

DISAPPOINTMENT ......................

27. Likes southernX, Hoghunter, MONGOOSE liked this post