Thread: Pointing A Pure Dan Gray Roundhead Stag

Post Thanks / Like

Pointing A Pure Dan Gray Roundhead Stag

Can a pure Dan Gray Roundhead Stag (9 mos old but appears to have matured early) withstand a 100 grams squeeze in a span of 48 hours? Roundhead experts, your experiences please...thanks...

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pointing A Pure Dan Gray Roundhead Stag

Quote Originally Posted by Burihara View Post
    Can a pure Dan Gray Roundhead Stag (9 mos old but appears to have matured early) withstand a 100 grams squeeze in a span of 48 hours? Roundhead experts, your experiences please...thanks...
    Are you asking if you can cut almost 4 ounces (100 gram) in 2 days

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Birdderfly View Post
    Are you asking if you can cut almost 4 ounces (100 gram) in 2 days
    Yes sir...and the stag could still show excellent performance in long knife...

Post Thanks / Like

I showed gaff and wouldn't drop them that fast but you playing a game that's not my cup of tea so I'll let the lk guys answer that

Post Thanks / Like

I was told by one roundhead cocker that a majority of roundheads especially pure ones need fuller body and adequate moisture in their system.... I want to know other opinions...thanks...

Post Thanks / Like

Id imagine its possible, 1 to 2 ounces of pulling moisture and then the rest will come from cutting feed but Id make sure his blood sugar levels were highly maintained along with carbs and vitamin c. You don't need him to go for an hour, you just need him to burst upon contact and finish it fast. I say this based on the premise that up to this point you've fed him fully and he has drank as much water as he has desired up until now. 2 things here, one is its a stag and they don't do as well as cocks when it comes to taking away. There is a difference to me in an 8, 9 month old stag and let's say a 13, 14 month old RH stag. The other is that in general the RH family does call for a bit more hydration and feed when it comes to pointing, some will lock up and decline if you try to pull them down too much and too fast. 4 ounces in 2 days is alot in the American heel but it might be able to hold though for the LK since the DG RH has Claret blood in it. Usually those straight comb lines which should be the infused game component of the strain can handle more of a cut down/change without missing too much of a beat if any at all. Ive never shown in the LK, but have had some straight Lacy in the past.
    Best wishes
    SF
    Last edited by KevinG; October 10th, 2019 at 09:57 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

If the stag was weighed full of feed and moisture, I think 4 oz. would be just about right.

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Re: Pointing A Pure Dan Gray Roundhead Stag

I think he is game enough coz he is the alpha among his brothers. My aim is to prepare him for a possible drag. I feed 3/4 morning & 1/2 afternoon 1 day before the fight. I always weigh in the mirning when the bird is crop & gut empty. Thanks.

9. Likes KevinG liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

BTW, I start cutting water 3 days before fightday but offers them water the night before fightday....My aim is to cut not more than 100 grams in 2 days time...thanks....

11. Likes KevinG liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Burihara View Post
    I think he is game enough coz he is the alpha among his brothers. My aim is to prepare him for a possible drag. I feed 3/4 morning & 1/2 afternoon 1 day before the fight. I always weigh in the mirning when the bird is crop & gut empty. Thanks.
    If you feed in the morning and in the afternoon, I don't think your bird will be gut empty the following morning..... crop empty yes...... gut empty ????

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pinolim View Post
    If you feed in the morning and in the afternoon, I don't think your bird will be gut empty the following morning..... crop empty yes...... gut empty ????
    ThatS what came to mind but some of them have night shows right?
    SF

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KevinG View Post
    ThatS what came to mind but some of them have night shows right? SF
    Honestly sir, i was not aware of that...the morning gut content then is to be included in the 100 grams weight reduction....thanks keving & pinolim...