Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Speckled hatch type fowl.

Post Thanks / Like

Speckled hatch type fowl.

Gentlemen and brothers of this great sport, I need some help.... couple years ago I bred bro/sis on my leipers and got a speckled stag. Well my wife fell in love with him and the speckled (hatch) color. So I am looking for one or 2 gl speckled pullets.
    If you guys could point me in the direction of someone honest, that raises a fast fighting style (game) family of speckled hatch looking birds I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks guys! I had some located but that may have fell through.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Speckled hatch type fowl.

I would say gerrard hatch or spangled penny hatch. Beautiful dark wine red with speckles.
    Last edited by mnthawaii; November 7th, 2019 at 03:48 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Some good gentle pennies would be perfect.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rev-23 View Post
    Gentlemen and brothers of this great sport, I need some help.... couple years ago I bred bro/sis on my leipers and got a speckled stag. Well my wife fell in love with him and the speckled (hatch) color. So I am looking for one or 2 gl speckled pullets.
    If you guys could point me in the direction of someone honest, that raises a fast fighting style (game) family of speckled hatch looking birds I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks guys! I had some located but that may have fell through.
    Game in what show? It isnt a characteristic set in stone across the board in all shows.

Post Thanks / Like

Ive never owned any Penny blood but ive heard from several peiple that the pennys dont breed true when it comes to the spangles. Id say find u some Gerrard or Colonel givens something that will throw spangles wheh bred to your spangle lieper . . They fit the style u described u are looking for. And id say dont look at the big farms Try and find u a small breeder with a good reputation that still test his fowl and most of his brood pens are single mated but im sure u already know that. Id like to see a pic of your spangle lieper if possible
    Last edited by Steel city farm; November 7th, 2019 at 10:41 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Typically, FAST WINNING fowl aren’t usually known for gameness UNLESS tested in the heel.

Post Thanks / Like

Mongoose bro I'm a heel man. Everyone one that knows me back wen legal knew I was a gameness nut. Game means if he is breathing he is trying to kill his opponent.
    Brother I appreciate your concern but the guys that know me will know what I mean wen I say game and they will know some one that will have what I'm looking for. Anyway thanks again brother.

8. Likes 931_Gamefarm, roostercm liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah it’s getting pretty bad every comment is like game what kind of game lol....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by airjammer88 View Post
    Yeah it’s getting pretty bad every comment is like game what kind of game lol....
    If u think gameness in all shows is the same. Your in for a rude awakening unless you stick to only one style.

Post Thanks / Like

12. Likes Sig1911 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MONGOOSE View Post
    If u think gameness in all shows is the same. Your in for a rude awakening unless you stick to only one style.
    this is how I use SABONG and other members as well. I am looking for some kelso fowl example, 13 people then respond with names and breeds then I research that breeder or breed and make my decision if it fits what I’m looking for...
    this is a gamefowl website.. yes there are breeds for different shows. But every response you give is “WHAT KIND OF GAME” let the man make his decision on what he wants..

14. Likes 931_Gamefarm liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Rev, I’ll text you. I know a guy...

Post Thanks / Like

Rev check your inbox ........

Post Thanks / Like

Guys thanks for the help! I really appreciate it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by airjammer88 View Post
    this is how I use SABONG and other members as well. I am looking for some kelso fowl example, 13 people then respond with names and breeds then I research that breeder or breed and make my decision if it fits what I’m looking for...
    this is a gamefowl website.. yes there are breeds for different shows. But every response you give is “WHAT KIND OF GAME” let the man make his decision on what he wants..
    Dont cost me a thing for you to make up your mind on what is what? Im not trying to convince you of anything. Fact is. I make it harder on myself if people listen. So figure that out.

Post Thanks / Like

I've got one hen that's exactly what you describe ... We showed em as stags , blackwater Gilmore over spangle Morgan . Good as any and easy to handle .. Pretty , pretty little hen ..

Ive seen my share f spangle Hatch and you couldnt give me one ..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MONGOOSE View Post
    Dont cost me a thing for you to make up your mind on what is what? Im not trying to convince you of anything. Fact is. I make it harder on myself if people listen. So figure that out.
    I am actually taking your advise on starting with long heel fowl... I guess you already convinced me is all I’m saying lol...

Post Thanks / Like

They widow creek he has good givens hatch some come spangled. Shown in spur let's just say I was very impressed with them game an ability

Post Thanks / Like

Www.triplecfarmsfowl.com

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Several available

Post Thanks / Like

Hit up top notch on here. He has some really nice McLean's that come speckled

Post Thanks / Like

As Hawk stated Top Notch would have what your after. I know another guy will have the same as the hen side that Top Notch possesses

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Webby13 View Post
    As Hawk stated Top Notch would have what your after. I know another guy will have the same as the hen side that Top Notch possesses
    Top notch lives in california. Is the shipping ban lifted there yet ? Alabama is where id b looking. JMHO
    Last edited by Steel city farm; November 9th, 2019 at 12:10 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn’t buy anything out of Cali not worth the risk

28. Likes Steel city farm liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The other guy is in Tennessee

Post Thanks / Like

The story goes as follows: I got my Spangles from Prietos2(member) Top Notch wanted some spangles so I pointed him to Prietos2. I think the prices per bird were more than Top Notch wanted to invest. I had known that Bobby Payton had traded fowl with Prietos2 before. They traded Bobby's blacks for the spangles. So I then gave Bobbys number to Top Notch and told Bobby that he would be calling and he bought a single bird from Bobby to go with a spangle he already had. As far as I know he has been very satisfied with this blood and has in the past sent me numerous pics of them. I do know these are dominantly bred more for the SK but have succeeded in the gaff. The guy I know in Tennessee has the blood from Bobby also not from Prietos2.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Webby13 View Post
    The story goes as follows: I got my Spangles from Prietos2(member) Top Notch wanted some spangles so I pointed him to Prietos2. I think the prices per bird were more than Top Notch wanted to invest. I had known that Bobby Payton had traded fowl with Prietos2 before. They traded Bobby's blacks for the spangles. So I then gave Bobbys number to Top Notch and told Bobby that he would be calling and he bought a single bird from Bobby to go with a spangle he already had. As far as I know he has been very satisfied with this blood and has in the past sent me numerous pics of them. I do know these are dominantly bred more for the SK but have succeeded in the gaff. The guy I know in Tennessee has the blood from Bobby also not from Prietos2.
    When i was in the market for spangles before i had found mine i talked to Robert (prietos2) and i told him what i was wanting them fir ans he told me his would not work for what i wanted to do with them ans he told me i would b bettwr off looking elsewhere if i wanted them for the spur . So i agree his are geared more for south of the border unless things have changed. This was quite a few years back Either that or he really didnt want to get rid of any and he just told me that to make me look some where else . Idk .
    Last edited by Steel city farm; November 9th, 2019 at 01:05 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TRIPLECFARMS View Post
    Www.triplecfarmsfowl.com

Thats a nice stag dubbing shute on your website . I want one. I dont see a number to reach u . Can u pm me your number plz
    Last edited by Steel city farm; November 9th, 2019 at 01:43 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Steel city farm View Post
    When i was in the market for spangles before i had found mine i talked to Robert (prietos2) and i told him what i was wanting them fir ans he told me his would not work for what i wanted to do with them ans he told me i would b bettwr off looking elsewhere if i wanted them for the spur . So i agree his are geared more for south of the border unless things have changed. This was quite a few years back Either that or he really didnt want to get rid of any and he just told me that to make me look some where else . Idk .
    Well to be honest it was prolly both lol. He doesn't care if he sells a feather. He's not so much into it for the money more of a sport thing for Roberto. He used to sell more but has slacked down alot now. He says now that he's not sellin to the public as much he doesn't have to hatch as many that it was gettin to be too much. He owns his own businesses think he just opened up his 3rd or 4th store so he's busy. But that being said if he didn't feel like they would be a fit for u he would tell ya cuz he wouldn't want someone bashing his name. He's very honest and if someone buys from him he will guarantee if u don't like em u get your money back. I know for a fact for yrs and yrs they've not been raised for Americans but the original blood was test and tested in American shows to make sure they could take it.