Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Giving gamefowl protein & creatine?

Post Thanks / Like

Giving gamefowl protein & creatine?

I was talking to this guy and he convince me that he gives his roosters protein and creatine powder. So what do you all think about this?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Giving gamefowl protein & creatine?

i was asked about a product carried at Tractor Supply, its for horses. Its a muscle builder, was asked if i thought you could give it to fowl at a small dose to build them up some.. didnt know, but anything is possible. be afraid to try anything like that until i knew more about it.

doesnt protein build muscle?

**not trying to change the subject just thought id put that up for feedback HATCHGREY, hope you dont mind.
    Last edited by whitehackle22; December 7th, 2012 at 03:47 PM.

3. Thanks Sly fox thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Creatine can cause muscle cramps during a fight...expecially if not hydrated right.

Post Thanks / Like

Whitehackle22 is talking about red cell, right?

Post Thanks / Like

no, not red cell.. i use redcell in my feed sometimes, mostly during the molt...

but this is suppose to come in a powdered form, in a quart jug i think... ill look it up on here...and post a pic if i can .. or the link to it.

Post Thanks / Like

heres the link to what i think my friend was referring to, http://www.tractorsupply.com/animed-...-2-lb--1026065

Post Thanks / Like

both are used extensively in bodybuilding. protein is for building muscle mass and creatine is for giving that extra energy needed during workouts.

Post Thanks / Like

If you have to supplement your fowl that much the they are weak to begin with. Not ment to offend just something to think about, A well bred and healthy bloodline shouldn't require so much ?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hawk1974 View Post
    If you have to supplement your fowl that much the they are weak to begin with. Not ment to offend just something to think about, A well bred and healthy bloodline shouldn't require so much ?
    agree, also kinda worries me..... when humans take creatine it makes you pee alot so dehydration would be something to worry about especially since its given during work outs

roundhead man

Iam not sure if I would use this particular product. But if you are conditioning fowl they will need something that is high in amino acids. If you use creatine they will retain more water meaning they will gain weight but for the short amount of time we prep our birds that weight will more than likely just be water weight not muscle. But creatine will build muscle. Now amino acids IMO is the best way to go when conditioning game fowl if used properly you will get the best results. They will help with fatigue,lactic acid build up,soreness after work out ,better absorption of of vitamins and lots of other things
    And please don't be fooled when somebody tells you that they don't use injections or vitamins that they only rotate the cocks that's BS
    And this is not meant to start an argument it's just my opinion take it or leave it I was just sharing my experience that's all.

12. Likes regulargrey liked this post
    roundhead man

Creatine will NOT dehydrate actually you will retain more water

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by roundhead man View Post
    Creatine will NOT dehydrate actually you will retain more water
    then why do you pee alot ? also it says in instructions to drink lots of fluids?

Post Thanks / Like

I fought out of Mo in the 80s and early 90s.My stags ran the country untill I had to put them up.A Rooster that is raised strong is hard to beat.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by turd ferguson View Post
    then why do you pee alot ? also it says in instructions to drink lots of fluids?
    You pee alot cause you drink alot of water the reason you drink alot of water is to help in absorption of it..Creatine is made in the body there is enough of it in the body that you dont need it to enhance performance.It can be used to build muscle but there is better ways to accomplishing this when it comes to gamefowl if your specific goal is to "build muscle" and not performance and enhanced muscle functions.

Now creatine phospahate levels increase in the body as the body becomes used to the stress of a training regimen it increases in order to cope with the fatigue, creatine phosphate will help convert lactic acid into a fresh source of energy called Adenosine Diphosphate which converts back to Adenosine Triphospahte (ATP) which is the primary source of energy for every muscle function, what money is to us humans ATP is to the body it needs to be present in every movement they make weather it's crowing or a hard shuffle (think of it as ATP pays for every function) no ATP left and your bird will not have enough in him to break the count.

I suppose creatine can be used as an energy source or a booster and some pointing supplements and conditioning aids carry it in them and most of you dont know, but if you reach the point where you need it as a source of immediate energy then you didnt do enough during the keep to keep your bird producing ATP and it just seems unethical to do it in the middle of fight probably throw them off more then anything. I guess it depends on how hard you work them and how extended your tapering period is.

Disclaimer..lol..Dont work the chit out of your cocks to increase anything you gotta know your birds and what they can handle before anything. I'm not promoting the use of creatine plain and in it's pure form as source of energy or bettering muscle functions in your fowl..Some supplements have it in them but if you havent figured out the correct dosage and dont know how to use it dont do it. To many times people read stuff like this on here and think "oh yeah let me try that" and end up screwing it up more then helping the cause. If going natural and you dont use supplements or none of that stuff works for you stick to it and I hope to meet you one day..

Post Thanks / Like

Here's what it says on the label:

Creatine monohydrate is a naturally occurring compound found in the human body and obtained in the diet primarily from meat and fish. Creatine is a popular supplement among active individuals because of its ability to serve as an energy reservoir, especially during intense physical exertion. During short, intense burst of activity, the body breaks down adenosine triphosphate (ATP) into adenosine diphosphate (ADP) and phospate for energy. Creatine helps the body convert ADP back to ATP, providing greater amount of ATP for energy, which may increase short-term endurance and strength. Creatine can also be stored for later use by cells, creatine the "energy reservoir" active individual desire."

18. Likes Naturaljack7 liked this post
    roundhead man

Quote Originally Posted by turd ferguson View Post
    Yes you are correct. That was with the old product the new product is better there is no need for all the water consumption other than your normal intake. Thus the peeing, a lot more water you drink the more you pee that's a given weather your take supplements or not.
    Look you can use that product with good results but you need to know how this product works. It's a lot harder to control than Useing amino acids. If you are going to use it I would suggest to use it in the first part of the keep that way you can remove the water weight before the fight day. And also you will need a high sugar intake and salt to get the creatine into the muscle

20. Likes Naturaljack7 liked this post
    roundhead man

Quote Originally Posted by YeY197 View Post
    You pee alot cause you drink alot of water the reason you drink alot of water is to help in absorption of it..Creatine is made in the body there is enough of it in the body that you dont need it to enhance performance.It can be used to build muscle but there is better ways to accomplishing this when it comes to gamefowl if your specific goal is to "build muscle" and not performance and enhanced muscle functions.

Now creatine phospahate levels increase in the body as the body becomes used to the stress of a training regimen it increases in order to cope with the fatigue, creatine phosphate will help convert lactic acid into a fresh source of energy called Adenosine Diphosphate which converts back to Adenosine Triphospahte (ATP) which is the primary source of energy for every muscle function, what money is to us humans ATP is to the body it needs to be present in every movement they make weather it's crowing or a hard shuffle (think of it as ATP pays for every function) no ATP left and your bird will not have enough in him to break the count.

I suppose creatine can be used as an energy source or a booster and some pointing supplements and conditioning aids carry it in them and most of you dont know, but if you reach the point where you need it as a source of immediate energy then you didnt do enough during the keep to keep your bird producing ATP and it just seems unethical to do it in the middle of fight probably throw them off more then anything. I guess it depends on how hard you work them and how extended your tapering period is.

Disclaimer..lol..Dont work the chit out of your cocks to increase anything you gotta know your birds and what they can handle before anything. I'm not promoting the use of creatine plain and in it's pure form as source of energy or bettering muscle functions in your fowl..Some supplements have it in them but if you havent figured out the correct dosage and dont know how to use it dont do it. To many times people read stuff like this on here and think "oh yeah let me try that" and end up screwing it up more then helping the cause. If going natural and you dont use supplements or none of that stuff works for you stick to it and I hope to meet you one day..
    Lol sorry I hadn't seen your post but ya you took the words right out of my mouth

roundhead man

Adding a-little to yeys post that is why I always recomend amino acids with the proper amino acids it will be easier to point the cocks out

Post Thanks / Like

ok nice thread guys and informative information, and last time i got a container of creatine was like 5 6 years ago.... wouldnt give to the fowl as you guys stated, dont know how it would be used for them

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hawk1974 View Post
    Well said hawk. I also think that no matter what weapon in steel,wether its a chicken or man. The most important thing is speed, accuracy and intelligence. Creatine and excessive protein isnt going to help much.

Post Thanks / Like

I use cretine and muscle milk supp in my feed. I take 1 cup of pearl barley cook it put 2 scoops of cretine and muscle milk then 1 cup of flax seed,oat groats split peas. It makes a good mix. I give a tablespoon a day. I start this mid sept and don't stop until july. My roosters love it they shine, red heads and come out of the moult better. All the talk about all naturel is bs. You might get away with it a few times. I have seen some of the best go at it and there is no way its all natraul. The best every given to me was by a guy that knew me when I was younger I asked what was a good keep and he told me to do what I did when I played football and powerlift I that about and started playing with it my way is start mid sept prepping for the show. I pick the best 30 I have show twice a month and still have some left. I will help anybody this sport is good. Everybody does things diff I will not knock anybody for trying something new nor will I be scared to try something new. Yes I build big roosters but rest heavy the last week. Not trying to start nothing just letting others know its works for me right now

26. Likes Jumpah808 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool Re: Giving gamefowl protein & creatine?

Quote Originally Posted by olemiss54 View Post
    I use cretine and muscle milk supp in my feed. I take 1 cup of pearl barley cook it put 2 scoops of cretine and muscle milk then 1 cup of flax seed,oat groats split peas. It makes a good mix. I give a tablespoon a day. I start this mid sept and don't stop until july. My roosters love it they shine, red heads and come out of the moult better. All the talk about all naturel is bs. You might get away with it a few times. I have seen some of the best go at it and there is no way its all natraul. The best every given to me was by a guy that knew me when I was younger I asked what was a good keep and he told me to do what I did when I played football and powerlift I that about and started playing with it my way is start mid sept prepping for the show. I pick the best 30 I have show twice a month and still have some left. I will help anybody this sport is good. Everybody does things diff I will not knock anybody for trying something new nor will I be scared to try something new. Yes I build big roosters but rest heavy the last week. Not trying to start nothing just letting others know its works for me right now

Creatine and protien are considered natural. Creatine does NOT build muscles. It helps pump out that last rep or two, which in return would tear more muscle fibers thus building more muscle.

Personally I wouldn't use it on chickens. In a long fight it could cause your rooster to cramp up and dehydrate. I saw this A handful of times in high school football in the 4th quarter.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd stick to natural, vitamins needed imo is already in the feed stuff and supplements provided in their daily diet. Don't know about more protein which forces a premature moult and creatine I don't need as I relax them by rest and rubdowns. Heck, I just give em milk till it comes out of their eyeballs. lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Nothing is natural if it is made in a lab. Like I said not trying to stir up anything just telling them guys some people use it. It never made me cramp. You are pretty good if you know if your roosters are cramping. I didn't know you talk chicken. Nobody knows what is going on during a show if they did you wouldn't show up where they did. This is what is wrong with the sport to many know it alls. That is why we will never get back to the good days in your sport. What is wrong bring humble in this sport. I never told anybody this is the master way but this way I will win or lose today. I might change next year but for last 3 years I have been pleased with my way. I don't care if u feed gunpowder if it works for do it. If I like the way u show and u are kind enough to tell me that way I might try it on a few. Who knows it might work better for me then you. Nothing is the same no matter how many times u show.

roundhead man

No one was saying that you were wrong. And your correct about not knowing what the cock is feeling but what we can do is look at the studies and what they show. That's all we were trying to point out nothing more. You got offended for no reason at all like I said you can use it but you have to know how it work and by that I mean not just reading the label I mean do some research and find out exactly what it does to the body that's all. Sorry if I came off like I was saying your way was wrong not my feeling at all. Also the truth is if your not familiar with it there is easier ways the even the less experienced cockers can use with good results. That's it
    Sorry again if I came off any other way

Post Thanks / Like

Nothing is natural if it is made in a lab. Like I said not trying to stir up anything just telling them guys some people use it. It never made me cramp. You are pretty good if you know if your roosters are cramping. I didn't know you talk chicken. Nobody knows what is going on during a show if they did you wouldn't show up where they did. This is what is wrong with the sport to many know it alls. That is why we will never get back to the good days in your sport. What is wrong bring humble in this sport. I never told anybody this is the master way but this way I will win or lose today. I might change next year but for last 3 years I have been pleased with my way. I don't care if u feed gunpowder if it works for do it. If I like the way u show and u are kind enough to tell me that way I might try it on a few. Who knows it might work better for me then you. Nothing is the same no matter how many times u show.
    I agree is not naturally made. But it is a natural compound and is considered natural in all sports.

Where I'm my reply did I say that I knew when I rooster was cramping. It's a FACT that if you get deydrated while on creatine you are prone to cramping. So it goes without saying that sooner or later you will have them cramp up.

I never claimed to know everything. If I did I wouldn't be browsing around here...

Maybe instead of having a smart ass reply you could defend your reason and provide a logical reason as to why you think it's the right way.

32. Thanks Sly fox thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Creatine is a very,very good product that can enhance a roosters performance to max level & when used with other products. That if one experiment with tecnical know how/trial & error. Then the results are "chicken impossible"! But it's a persons willingness/time/learn, that determines the out-come regards of what we try or used.

tunda

34. Likes Jumpah808 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Am not offended. After rereading my post it did sound like a smart ass and am sorry. I just wanted the other people know other people do use that stuff.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Re: Giving gamefowl protein & creatine?

Am not offended. After rereading my post it did sound like a smart ass and am sorry. I just wanted the other people know other people do use that stuff.
    Oh and Roll damn Tide.

Soon to be 2012 national champions.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes sir. It don't matter has long it stays in the SEC