Thread: Has anyone ordered birds and they take forever to ship

Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone ordered birds and they take forever to ship

Can someone tell me past experience!!!
    I ordered some last week he said he was gonna ship them out on a certain day then he hit me with" I have to wait till the boxes come in" something to worry about or just let the man do his thing.. he sent me videos of the birds about it

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Has anyone ordered birds and they take forever to ship

Some have to wait for more fowls to ship before they take it to the post office.

Post Thanks / Like

birds were never sent out :-) It's been more than a year...$$$$ gone with the wind.

Post Thanks / Like

It depends on that person's reputation. If they are a farm that ships regularly they should be able to tell you when they will ship. An individual that is new to shipping may not be as accurate with the estimation on shipping. One week late not to bad if they have a good reputation. May have just hit a snag. That said if you ordered from a reputable breeder you would not be here asking this question. Do your homework before spending hard earned money.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mandogxg View Post
    I ordered some last week he said he was gonna ship them out on a certain day then he hit me with" I have to wait till the boxes come in" something to worry about or just let the man do his thing.. he sent me videos of the birds about it

Boxes take 5 to 7 days so he might be telling u the truth.

Post Thanks / Like

A lot if variables, holidays, weather etc. I don't ship during weeks with holidays, temps above 80° daytime average. Until I get my money.. always get a tracking number from the shipper. I only ship Monday and Tuesday, depending on the zone.

7. Thanks LaBlue thanked for this post
    Likes Hoghunter, LaBlue liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Already paid for for understandable just told me that he was waiting on boxes me expecting them to be shipped out Monday

Post Thanks / Like

May have ordered new smaller boxes shipping cost is ridiculous.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Quapaw Kid View Post
    Smaller boxes don't help much or at all .. Post offices run like independent companies , and they have different services .. They contract out the delivery to / from the airport so it's nt a flat rate across the country .
    Depends on the zone . They have a shipping calculation web site , it's fairly accurate. Need the zip code and box dimensions it's handy.

Post Thanks / Like

I've got 50 boxes to ship I'm just gonna live with the shipping cost. I'm not that smart. May be cheaper to put them I a tiny box but no I'm using what I have.

12. Likes KevinG, Quapaw Kid liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe he ran outta boxes & ordered more & they are late getting to him. Hope u get em soon. I’m sure it’s like a kid waiting on Christmas getting new birds. I felt the same with the only trio I ever had shipped to me years ago. That plus me living in Georgia and the only other trios I ever bought were in Bama from the breeders auction, I just drove to pick them up. Still wish I had the ones I got from Alabama. Was cool going to those 2 farms. Hard to take care of birds and drive a truck at the same time back then. The wife I had then did it while I was gone & I heard bout it till I finally basically gave them away to a friend. Now that wife is gone & I got birds again and still drive but I am home everyday to feed and water myself now. I don’t complain to myself about taking care of my birds. Good times brothers. And it only costed me a house, 19 years and $60k. But it’s getting better

14. Likes avalos1991, Hoghunter, roostercm, KevinG liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah it's my first time getting birds so I'm just antsy to see them .. and I wanted to show them but won't have time to get them ready

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Quapaw Kid View Post
    Probably didn't find anything at the swap meet this weekend that looked like what you ordered .. Maybe the weather will be nice Saturday and he will find some nice ones .. Gives you time to stock up on antibiotics , them swap meet birds can blow crd bubbles like a horny toad
    lol..................worst case scenario

Post Thanks / Like

Just be patient I just received a few from batia. It was a cpl weeks wait but it was holiday season. I never asked him when he would ship... if hes waiting on boxes I've been in that boat but he shouldn't have told you a day if he didn't already have boxes

18. Likes KevinG liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

To the ones it concerns things havent come together like i had planned before Thanksgiving, I have NOT just said the hell with it. Need some more time rather it matters much or not at this point. Things are stable around here now for the most part, just got to get this one took care of then that one, 1st one is up North. Again truly shameful of this chit and i am sorry.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lawgreyman14 View Post
    To the ones it concerns things havent come together like i had planned before Thanksgiving, I have NOT just said the hell with it. Need some more time rather it matters much or not at this point. Things are stable around here now for the most part, just got to get this one took care of then that one, 1st one is up North. Again truly shameful of this chit and i am sorry.
    I haven't been on here long but it sure seems like you get yourself in a pickle some times
    Good luck to ya!

Post Thanks / Like

i recently had that experience, as frustrating as it may be i believe that we need to exercise some patience. I agree with you however in that once you pay for something you expect it as soon as you pay - however things do come up with sellers & donors where they cannot ship out right away. Whether it's a box issue, or bad weather, etc... i'd wait to see if he sends when he promised - otherwise you can always ask for your money back and get birds as good as any or better elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Mandogxg View Post

Post Thanks / Like

If he has Amazon prime he can get the boxes the next day. If u know his address go there and get your money out of his ass. A crook needs a good ass whipping.

Post Thanks / Like

You start out with taking forever, then your post reads “I ordered last week and he’s gotta wait another week for boxes”. He should have had boxes before the deal was made or maybe he doesn’t sell often and doesn’t keep boxes and isn’t gonna buy boxes unless needed. 2 weeks doesn’t seem like forever or anything to worry about, especially if he responds to calls or is keeping in touch. Glad you didn’t mention a name and create a bad reputation for him taking forever/2 weeks. If he doesn’t keep in touch or it goes on for a month of excuses, then bash him. And I’ll add, shipments only go out Monday thru Wednesday, so there’s schedules to figure there too.
    Last edited by Nauvoo; January 16th, 2020 at 12:56 AM.

24. Likes jacosta, Hoghunter liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nauvoo View Post
    You start out with taking forever, then your post reads “I ordered last week and he’s gotta wait another week for boxes”. He should have had boxes before the deal was made or maybe he doesn’t sell often and doesn’t keep boxes and isn’t gonna buy boxes unless needed. 2 weeks doesn’t seem like forever or anything to worry about, especially if he responds to calls or is keeping in touch. Glad you didn’t mention a name and create a bad reputation for him taking forever/2 weeks. If he doesn’t keep in touch or it goes on for a month of excuses, then bash him. And I’ll add, shipments only go out Monday thru Wednesday, so there’s schedules to figure there too.
    Yeah Its understandable

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brettjern View Post
    If he has Amazon prime he can get the boxes the next day. If u know his address go there and get your money out of his ass. A crook needs a good ass whipping.
    Possibility he’s getting good boxes built from luan board? Could be part of the delay. Probably not but maybe....

Post Thanks / Like

Just saying good luck with your new fowl.
    Would also like to know what they are? If you could let us know. Or post pics when they arrive.

Post Thanks / Like

The ones that I got finally getting shipped today

29. Likes Hoghunter, roostercm liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice. Let us know when you get them. They look good. Nice and cool weather for shipping so they should travel well. Thanks for the pictures as nd update.

Post Thanks / Like

Don't know much on them hopefully they are w

Post Thanks / Like

Look like a grey mug and a mug but could be any straight comb black. I like the dark one the greys legs look too far back but could be how he's standing.

Post Thanks / Like

The other one I got just forgot to post

34. Likes Sig1911, Hoghunter liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So it was a week since u were getting concerned till you received the birds..... don’t seem like a very long wait for shipping on live animals. Good luck with them.
    hope they meet your expectations.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Beaudeane View Post
    So it was a week since u were getting concerned till you received the birds..... don’t seem like a very long wait for shipping on live animals. Good luck with them.
    hope they meet your expectations.
    No it was 2 weeks later first time ordering from out of state and still not in my possession