Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nesmith trio very dissatisfied

Post Thanks / Like

Nesmith trio very dissatisfied

Received a trio from Chris nesmith in 2017 just started trying out the offsprings and these birds are horrible thank you for not being honest and taking my money rooster tag 213 hen 0211 ylh Stuart stag and possum sweater pullet

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Nesmith trio very dissatisfied

Hugo call Mr Nesmith and tell him your concerns and maybe he can do it right. Another thing Hugo buying a trio from a breeder does not guarantee that you will produce above average game fowl.
    Last edited by lurena; February 14th, 2020 at 08:52 AM.

3. Likes Hoghunter, cutcutcut, MarshButcher liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow..................... Whats the problem Hugo?
    SF

Post Thanks / Like

Sometimes great looking good blooded fowl are junk nobody I mean nobody raises 100% aces or producers

6. Likes don128, cutcutcut, Al Sanchez liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I second to Lurena and Birdderfly. . . . from own experience.
    Even from own yard. . . tried breeding/crossing 2 multi-winners cocks to proven hens and both produced below average results; too many factors to consider.
    I tried breeding back to parents though and got much better results of the 3/4s (that is if you have time to find out).

8. Likes don128, LaBlue, cutcutcut liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hugo i am sorry to hear that the birds you got from Blackwater did not produce up to your satisfaction. We acquired birds from Blackwater as well in 2017. Pair of Stuarts & a Pair of Roundheads. The Stuart blood crossed have been good to us in the LK. The Roundheads have not been tested as much as of yet but we had one come out straight comb from that breeding. Naturally we wondered why, but the lil straight comb roundhead was an over achiever lol... we showed him and he won a ribbon.

10. Likes Hoghunter, cutcutcut liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo209 View Post
    Received a trio from Chris nesmith in 2017 just started trying out the offsprings and these birds are horrible thank you for not being honest and taking my money rooster tag 213 hen 0211 ylh Stuart stag and possum sweater pullet
    Big farms mass produce so its basically hit or mis.

12. Likes southernX, cutcutcut liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That farm went South when Carol went to prison. Even his breeder in the Philippines said he could see a difference in the stuff Chris was sending vs the stuff Carol sent.

14. Likes cutcutcut liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tonetone559 View Post
    Big farms mass produce so its basically hit or mis.
    Or worse.

16. Likes tonetone559, cutcutcut liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bigger farms do mass produce but there are big breeders that still breed selectively. If you have had much to do with fowl you already know its impossible to produce winners everytime.
    The more fowl you produce the higher the probability of putting out some duds.. everytime you replace that ol trusty hen with a new pullet it's a different ballgame.. and 2 years worth of offspring are out there before they catch it

18. Likes don128, tonetone559, cutcutcut liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

No matter who you buy from it does not guarantee you will have the success they had with them. Too many variables to consider....health, breeding, conditioning, etc.

20. Thanks GP13 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I bought a possum stag from an apg auction, produced runners, am i mad ,nope just came to reliazation i could aquire better locally, which i did!!

22. Likes grades, Liberty Hill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

You guys are nice. Op's first post and you take their word without even knowing what was wrong with the trio. He didn't tell if he even knows what good is. Let's give them a chance to clarify the story before we decide who we persecute. Also if they tried to clearly this up with Chris before coming on here to throw him under the buss.
    OP needs to give the whole story.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hoghunter View Post
    You guys are nice. Op's first post and you take their word without even knowing what was wrong with the trio. He didn't tell if he even knows what good is. Let's give them a chance to clarify the story before we decide who we persecute. Also if they tried to clearly this up with Chris before coming on here to throw him under the buss.
    OP needs to give the whole story.
    For sure HogHunter, thats why I asked what the problem was and Marsh made a reference to what I didnt fully type, could be many things. Waiting to hear from the thread starter, its a serious thing to post that.
    SF

Post Thanks / Like

It's a tough pill to swallow, the times I've gone to get broodfowl or show fowl I've always gone to pick it up myself. Because spending upwards of $1500 and putting your trust in someone to pick out what you want is not for me. It could be a combination of things that could've gone wrong, but I believe reaching out to Mr Neismith would be a Must. Keep in mind that I'm sure he has other people breeding for him.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MarshButcher View Post
    No matter who you buy from it does not guarantee you will have the success they had with them. Too many variables to consider....health, breeding, conditioning, etc.
    This justs it if you don’t know anything about chickens,,,doesn’t matter who you bought it from ,,,,,,

27. Likes Hoghunter liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Received trio in 2017, tested offsprings in 2020 and were not good. From 2017 to 2020 should be enough waste of time and money to find out and complained about it.

29. Likes tonetone559 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

You really need to talk to whom you bought them from first to try to correct the problem.

31. Thanks Hoghunter thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Call a spade a spade if they ain't worth a dam u got the right to Express your disappointment, but one breeding ain't enough to tell you if you got hosed or if they just need refining. Calling him to say hey man they ain't good he is going to give you the same merry go round and your going to be even more pissed than you already are after 3 years. The nesmiths have produced alot of good birds maybe they just dont suit you and your likes. Maybe the sweater needs to be breed down in the ylh to produce what you are looking for.

I just wouldn't buy from people who sell as many as big farms do. To much money for way to many potential issues. Buy from a buddy or acquaintance you see proving his fowls worth. They will be harder to convince to sell but price will be more affordable and results already seen. Dont give up on a line after one mating u got to find the nic. If your looking for right now ready fowl you be better off buying 7 2yr old cocks at a time.

Back in the day I showed 7 brother radio Kelso five won but I gave everyone away cause they wouldn't finish the way I liked to see one finsh, friend took them to short a month or two later and cleaned house. They were perfect for the short cause they cut em down and watch em die. He is still breeding them till this day used to win all time with offspring I still wouldn't want a feather of them back. It's all in what you want out of a bird.

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Lot of variables could have taken place since 2017.. You can have some of the finest blood out there but when they're not taken care of properly they'll be worthless. Lot of fresh ground, clean feed, clean water, proper protein, regular worming, etc. I've not been around a family of fowl yet that didnt have quirks to them I had a learning curve on.

I've got the old Stuart blood and a friend has the old possum blood from 20 years ago. What few crosses we raised have been good. Go together like PB&J.

34. Thanks MarshButcher thanked for this post
    Likes cutcutcut, don128 liked this post
    Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

You could also be fighting against people who are using Blackwater fowls also.

Post Thanks / Like

Just wondering why it took him 3 years to come out and say they were bad, could be that his methods also are bad and how he raised them were bad.

Post Thanks / Like

Making a thread like this & not clarifying the main issue is wrong to blkwater ...... Sometimes u got 2 look in the mirror & point

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by INCUBUS06 View Post
    Making a thread like this & not clarifying the main issue is wrong to blkwater ...... Sometimes u got 2 look in the mirror & point
    Because the buyer thinks that buying breeding materials from big time and proven winning breeders will also produce world beaters like the breeder did without giving due consideration to the many variables in breeding and raising chicks to become birds for use in derbies... yes it is unfair for the Nesmith birds to be posted here without really clarifying what the issue was....

Post Thanks / Like

I tend to look at things like a math problem for instance, hard work+good chickens+good feed+dedication+a little luck=success......usually. Hugo's problem is a little trickier to me but I will try and present this in a math equation. So here goes ...Hugo(beginner with 1 post)+trio(from a known breeder)+X (unknown care)+ Y (unknown problem with trio) + Z (won't answer questions as to what is wrong with fowl) = smoke slowly trying to drift somewhere smelly it should not be

Post Thanks / Like

I think you're math is on the money.

Post Thanks / Like

I’ll be honest. I’ve been to their farm and I kinda got the run around. I have a friend that bought some greys from them and they were rank����.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Slave601 View Post
    Iíll be honest. Iíve been to their farm and I kinda got the run around. I have a friend that bought some greys from them and they were rank����.
    Okay but can you explain a little more, what do you mean by the "Run Around"? And by "Rank" do you mean Dunghills?

Post Thanks / Like

Good evening guys sorry I didnít clarify I sold the offsprings to 3 different guys and all gave me the same response that the animals are worthless I really donít know how they took care of them or there methods but it is what it is and also I got the trio late in 2017 I started breeding in 2018 so thatís the time frame . I will take all the advice with a grain of salt and keep at it with breeding them back or maybe acquiring gamefowl from other breeders .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo209 View Post
    Good evening guys sorry I didn’t clarify I sold the offsprings to 3 different guys and all gave me the same response that the animals are worthless I really don’t know how they took care of them or there methods but it is what it is and also I got the trio late in 2017 I started breeding in 2018 so that’s the time frame . I will take all the advice with a grain of salt and keep at it with breeding them back or maybe acquiring gamefowl from other breeders .
    LOL! Quick to say how horrible they are but yet you had no experience with them. Thats a shame of you!!!!!